Search found more than 1581 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Scotty from Marketing who was off to the footy last week, tonight blames Australian's for the lockdown decision, where gyms close, but hairdressers don't and apparently kids don't spread the virus. Ugh, he is so out of his depth and this a total clusterphuck.
by Q.
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Scotty from Marketing who was off to the footy last week, tonight blames Australian's for the lockdown decision, where gyms close, but hairdressers don't and apparently kids don't spread the virus. Ugh, he is so out of his depth and this a total clusterphuck.

Absolutely Australians are to blame, look at the pictures of Bondi beach on Saturday.
Ive seen some good stoushes on facebook where people went ahead with 18ths and 21sts on the weekend in packed venues. Comments like im still going to live my life.... well maybe you wont have to worry about that either soon.

I imagine they want to avoid kids mixing with grand parents in the younger age bracket which is what would happen if Mum and Dad can still work. Also i imagine its easier to keep control of young teenagers in a school environment rather than them thumbing there nose at authority if left to their own devices at home. I dont know their thinking on that just a thought. Singapore got control of it and their kids went to school but with temperature testing at the front gate

Probably because a week ago the PM was telling everyone to go to the footy, go to a restaurant, go eat a Chinese meal :roll:

This is how a leader responds:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/03/coronavirus-new-zealand-s-covid-19-alert-systems-how-it-affects-kiwis.html

We have Phase 1. Phase 2 TBD :roll:
by Q.
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

The Big Shrek wrote:Are any teams training through this period?

Only the one's that just don't get it :roll:
by Q.
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My job tomorrow sadly is to stand down with out pay around 20 staff a combination of permenant and casual staff.

Not sure even I’m secure in my job, will need to take all my long service leave that was planned for the holiday

Life pretty much sucks at the moment

My gym just posted that they aren't eligible for any Govt. support, which is sad given they have no choice but to shut :(
by Q.
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was sitting in a police car giving a witness statement to a DV incident that I intervened in with a cricket bat slung over my shoulder and heard a COVID-19 response over the radio (they have a taskforce that publicly monitors those who test positive). Sounded like one of the positive cases was wandering around Tea Tree Plaza instead of being in isolation :shock: WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN!
So this is ScoMo's fault how?

Just messing with you..... we may get the governments we deserve at times, but there is no doubt, society in general is its own worst enemy.

Give me five minutes...

:lol:
by Q.
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just had a meeting at work to discuss the on going situation with staff, one bloke who has openly called this all a sham when asked about what we just spoke about ( the restrictions the PM put in place last night ) said he didn't see it, he was at a family BBQ.

I may have to be spoken too by my boss, I unleashed .

But did you have a cricket bat?
by Q.
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pascoe makes a good case for scrapping the $750 Newstart boost and expediting a $1000 payment to everyone:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/finance/fina ... sh-pascoe/
by Q.
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
Q. wrote:Ya reckon I can get a webcam from anywhere :shock:

Ya dirty bastard

;)

Need to make some extra $$ on the side now
by Q.
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Understand some won't agree.

Just found I cant claim any Centrelink money for being dropped down to 0.6 until I have used all my Annual Leave and Long Service Leave first.

That sucks. There pretty much goes our holiday once this crisis is over.

Personally feel permenant employees have been a tad screwed over during this period.

If you go to .6 you can access your super though? Only need a 20% reductuction in wages to qualify for this. Not that it's a particularly good time to sell out of your investments whilst they are down.
But could possibly get $10,000 before July and $10,000 after July.

Yeah I believe I could but probably need to take some more advice on whether it is advisable touching my super.

Easy for me to say, but absolutely avoid pilfering your super in the current (crashed) investment market. Find other ways if you can.

The Govt. is avoiding responsibility by making people do this instead of providing fiscal support.
by Q.
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easy for me to say, but absolutely avoid pilfering your super in the current (crashed) investment market. Find other ways if you can.

The Govt. is avoiding responsibility by making people do this instead of providing fiscal support.

Definitely worth thinking about.

The fact the super is tax free compared to taking out Annual Leave/LSL is slightly leaning me towards that.

What is the $20K worth in 30 years time after you account for investment earnings and compound interest?
by Q.
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Q - You seem to be pretty well across the subject. I’m your esteemed opinion, when do you think the pubs might re-open?

In SA and based on sheer optimism rather than anything evidentiary - June-ish, to coincide with ammo footy restarting too :D
by Q.
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you ok?

Here’s hoping.

I have a meeting with our CEO tomorrow and that is definitely an agenda item.

Mentally trying to prepare myself this is life until September but hopefully we might be back to some normality before then.

Being a gym manager all my life I actually don’t have my own equipment, never paid for a gym membership so not being able to train to the level I would like is really playing on me .

As much as I would love to sneak in the gym at work being im the only one there I morally couldn’t bring myself to do that knowing how many people in my community are missing out.

Can relate. Have gone from doing Boris Sheiko powerlifting cycles to running laps on the footy oval. I'm hoping to be able to complete a lap by next week ;)
by Q.
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep.

If your employer has laid you off because of a downturn in business of more than 30% then between now and May 1 they pay you $1500 per fortnight and from May 1 the gubinment pay them back.
..and if you're just a lazy bum at home, then you can get paid $1500 a fortnight too for being on the dole?

**** remind me again what the benefits or maintaining my job are? :P :lol:

I hope Santos are paying you more than $750 a week :shock: :lol:
by Q.
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you ok?

Here’s hoping.

I have a meeting with our CEO tomorrow and that is definitely an agenda item.

Mentally trying to prepare myself this is life until September but hopefully we might be back to some normality before then.

Being a gym manager all my life I actually don’t have my own equipment, never paid for a gym membership so not being able to train to the level I would like is really playing on me.

As much as I would love to sneak in the gym at work being im the only one there I morally couldn’t bring myself to do that knowing how many people in my community are missing out.
Could you borrow a set of dumbbells from your work - tell them you're working from home :)

I believe he did sneak this machine home:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/fc/4e/33fc4ed7fbd4130cbacd4a108c1f3409.jpg
by Q.
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wishful thinking that companies won't be trading with China when this is all over.
While its cheaper to buy from china we will still trade with them in order to make bigger profits.

We've all now had a huge reminder that they have zero global community responsibility.

Every pandemic, other than Ebola, has its origins in China and they'll never change.
They eat tiger dicks, cause they think it makes them braver and more virile.
That culture is totally ingrained in their society and will never change.

In a perfect world, stop all imports and exports to China and put them back in the dark until they clean up their act!
They should be made to pay reparations, like Germany had to, for bringing the whole world to a halt.
Bring them to their knees until the pull their #$cking heads in!

This would cripple Australia
by Q.
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Government announces free child care policy

Here is how the government has announced the childcare changes in its statement:
Around one million families are set to receive free child care during the coronavirus pandemic under a plan from the Morrison Government that will help deliver hip pocket relief and help the early childhood education and care sector make it through to the other side of this crisis.
Under the plan, the Government will pay 50 per cent of the sector’s fee revenue up to the existing hourly rate cap based on a point in time before parents started withdrawing their children in large numbers, but only so long as services remain open and do not charge families for care. The funding will apply from 6 April based on the number of children who were in care during the fortnight leading into 2 March, whether or not they are attending services.
The plan provides funding certainty to early childhood education and care services at a time where enrolments and attendance are highly unpredictable. This, along with the JobKeeper payment, means services can offer free education and care.
...“If you have terminated your enrolment since 17 February, then I encourage you to get back in contact with your centre and re-start your arrangements. Re-starting your enrolment will not require you to send your child to child care and it certainly won’t require you to pay a gap fee. Re-starting your enrolment will, however, hold your place for that point in time when things start to normalise, and you are ready to take your child back to their centre.”
“We will also make payments of higher amounts available in exceptional circumstances, such as where greater funding is required to meet the needs of emergency workers or vulnerable children.
“The Government is also providing certainty to the preschool sector in recognition of its importance to a student’s formal education.”

Waiting for more detail, but on face value this looks like a ripper of a policy. Obviously protects the industry as a whole, but it's putting money back into the weekly budget of families. It's essentially a stimulus package for middle income families, who had been left out of recent stimulus announcements.
by Q.
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ha, I sit there each time Scomo gets on the presser and listen to 18 minutes of waffle while he wades through his spiel like he's talking to a bunch of Grade 2 students only to hear a slight hope of receiving something and then there will be one clause in there that goes BANG Lightning, you ain't getting squat.

My eldest daughter lost her well paying dream job, the wife's employment is anyone's guess, my 16 year old daughter is getting abused while she's re-stocking shelves after school and on weekends , we've kept my 14 year old son as isolated as Tom Hanks in Castaway, step-daughter got laid off at the start of this pandemic, still waiting to hear back from Centrelink and then broke up with her partner, probably because she wasn't bringing any income into their house.

I'm failing to see the humour that others have found and posted on FB, I guess this is what the missus was worried about for a while when I kept telling her to just take each situation as it comes.

This is disgusting. I've been making a point of having a nice convo with all the checkout kids and shelf-stackers and telling them they're doing a bloody good job.
by Q.
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Being a truck driver we regularly get drug & alcohol tested . I've never felt dehumanised. I'd actually prefer more testing for drivers.

Because if you're impaired, you could potentially kill someone?!
And so do people who are messed up on ice etc
Our office staff also get tested. 2 were sacked one time for positive results.

Punishing people for having an addiction doesn't make the addiction magically disappear. Treating it from a health perspective is a far more successful intervention.
by Q.
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Punishing people for having an addiction doesn't make the addiction magically disappear. Treating it from a health perspective is a far more successful intervention.
So if I have an addiction (lifestyle choice) then I shouldn't be tested & it's ok for me to drive.

Lifestyle choice? Jesus you're ignorant.

I'm not talking about drink/drug driving.
by Q.
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lifestyle choice? Jesus you're ignorant.

I'm not talking about drink/drug driving .
No, you were saying its dehumanising to drug test people in the workplace but its ok to drug test me because I'm a driver. Well without looking for any statistics, I'm pretty sure most drug takers also drive.

They certainly shouldn’t be drug testing the Mums dropping off 3 kids at school in the morning.
Testing positive in front of their kids is very dehumanising.
I must be ignorant as well

Finally, we agree on something
by Q.
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lot of clubs will start ramping up their training during may for a June start.
there will be a 2020 season probably consisting of 12 rounds plus finals.
Economy and life will go on and yes that will mean the virus will infect more people over time.

Life will go on, unless you're dead from COVID-19
by Q.
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I note that the Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package runs from 6th April to 28th June. Perhaps that June date gives us an indication of when they expect current national restrictions to loosen.
by Q.
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Using per capita as a comparison function for infectious disease is a flawed practice. It skews against countries with smaller populations and/or higher population density.
by Q.
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I had my way, I'd open gyms and tattoo shops as the first step in relaxing restrictions :lol:
by Q.
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Q. wrote:If I had my way, I'd open gyms and tattoo shops as the first step in relaxing restrictions :lol:

My ink fund is growing nicely.

Ha, same. I'll be heading for a full back piece at this rate :shock:
by Q.
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Timeframe for lifting restrictions might depend significantly on the roll out of a contact tracing app which is still a few weeks away.
by Q.
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Timeframe for lifting restrictions might depend significantly on the roll out of a contact tracing app which is still a few weeks away.

They can stick their tracing app.

You are kidding yourself if you don't think this already happens with your phone

Correct Dutchy. We are one of the most surveilled nations and the government already has unfettered access to our GPS data.
by Q.
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:
cracka wrote:Actually the scary thing I'm seeing/hearing is "she warned us" or "she was right all along" regarding Pauline Hanson.

And she is.
She has always spoke her mind, good on her, most of us agree with her.

And never left us in doubt that she is a vapid moron.
by Q.
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Two plane loads of overseas Australians to land in Adelaide next week and be isolated at the Pullman Hotel. Around 400 people, I hope they are well contained

Can we put them on Christmas Island instead?
by Q.
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Being in Radelaide does have it's advantages.

We've always had a 'pandemic lockdown' vibe to the State anyway ;)
by Q.
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More than 100 economists warn against prematurely loosening coronavirus restrictions

New figures from the Grattan Institute suggest social distancing rules could mean up to one in three Australians – 3.6 million people – will lose work in the weeks to come.

But leading economists are urging Prime Minister Scott Morrison to continue shutdown restrictions, warning “a second-wave outbreak” would be even worse for our future job prospects.

It follows growing calls to lift restrictions on individuals and to get businesses back up and running as the national coronavirus infection rate slows.

In an open letter, signed by more than 100 experts by Monday morning, economists have slammed the view that there is a “trade-off between the public health and economic aspects of the crisis”.

“We cannot have a functioning economy unless we first comprehensively address the public health crisis,” the letter states.

“We recognise that the measures taken to date have come at a cost to economic activity and jobs, but believe these are far outweighed by the lives saved and the avoided economic damage due to an unmitigated contagion.

“We believe that strong fiscal measures are a much better way to offset these economic costs than prematurely loosening restrictions.”

In a new report released early Monday morning, the Grattan Institute also called for fiscal stimulus policies to get Australians back into shops at the end of the pandemic.

“Direct cash transfers to households could boost spending, accelerating the pace of economic recovery,” the report reads.

“Failing to provide that support will condemn many Australians to a long and deep recession, harming their long-term economic potential.”
by Q.
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

I suspect we might get a situation by following the QBD weekend where we'll be permitted to play, but not to congregate within the adjoining licensed facilities.

Relative to where we were a month ago I think it's far more likely we'll see footy this season.

This provides an unfair advantage to lifeless college clubs :lol:
by Q.
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If China wants to keep wet markets, knock yourselves out, eat all the bats you want.... but be effed if you are coming down here with it.

A wet market (dubbed so because of their wet floors from ice used to keep food fresh) is just a market that sells fresh food. Sydney's fish market is a wet market. So is Melbourne's Queen Street market. Most of China has wet markets the same.

The problem is wildlife trade and sale of live wildlife for slaughter, which is currently banned in the reopened Chinese wet markets.
by Q.
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

It won't be completely normal, but if there's <10 active cases in the state I suspect they'll have a hard time justifying continuing restrictions to the present extent.
At some point we will need to bite the bullet and lift some restrictions - if we continue with <10 cases per day, that could continue for god knows how long.. we cant live forever waiting for that number to become zero.

Aren't the temporary/backup hospitals online now? We must surely be almost at a point where we can somewhat cop with a bit more activity?

7.5 weeks until the proposed start date. That's longer than the current length of lockdown. I think we'll have a good indication of whether we've eradicated the virus in SA by the end of May.
by Q.
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

The other night I had a Maple Coffee Imperial Stout and there's a Banana, Vanilla & Cinnamon Imperial Stout waiting for me in the fridge :lol:
by Q.
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mrs Boon helps out in the school canteen from time to time, she was in there one day and as the brown bag was getting emptied to small bags of meth fell out with the $4 for the lunch order. Mum and Dad Deadshit obviously forgot where they were hiding their shit.

Imagine if the kid had played with it? Imagine if another kid had played with it?

So the following week at work was your most productive ever?
by Q.
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

The other night I had a Maple Coffee Imperial Stout and there's a Banana, Vanilla & Cinnamon Imperial Stout waiting for me in the fridge :lol:

I’ll try anything once.
Where do I get myself some of this?

If I'm driving home from the Mid-North, I swing by The Old Spot. If I'm coming from the Fleurieu I swing by Belair Fine Wines or The Ed.

I've heard West Beach Cellars also has a big range of crafties, Aussie and imported.
by Q.
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Best cropping break in SA for many years

by Q.
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apachebulldog wrote:Cos the SHEEP believe what the the Main Stream Media prints,

Wake up all you sheep we are being conned.

daysofourlives wrote:How can they justify restrictions when there is no virus present. Time to wake up

by Q.
Sun May 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is worth a read. Most economists surveyed by the ABC think that the benefit of social restriction to keep the growth factor below 1 outweighs the cost:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-18/coronavirus-isolation-economy-social-distancing-cost-and-benefit/12258364

Also worth noting that several of the economists recognise that the restrictions do cause damage to the economy which will manifest in other issues, like domestic violence, suicide , etc.

I suppose the issue should really be reformulated as "How do we keep the growth rate below 1 while maximising social mobility?", i.e. how much social suppression is enough, how much is clearly overkill?

From my uneducated viewpoint, I think that right now restrictions could certainly be eased a little; taking the foot off the pedal might confer benefit with low immediate cost. The pedal can always be pushed a little harder later, if needs be.

Having the opposite effect in Japan:

The suicide rate in Japan fell by 20% in April compared with the same time last year, the biggest drop in five years, despite fears the coronavirus pandemic would cause increased stress and many prevention helplines were either not operating or short-staffed.

People spending more time at home with their families, fewer people were commuting to work and delays to the start of the school year are seen as factors in the fall.

Japan suicides decline as Covid-19 lockdown causes shift in stress factors
by Q.
Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"South Australia – life is getting back to normal faster than hoped. From next Monday, pubs, clubs and restaurants will be able to have up to 80 customers at a time as the Premier fast-tracks his COVID-19 reopening plan."

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/sas-pubs-to-allow-80-from-june-1-under-stage-two-of-easing-coronavirus-restrictions-c-1057896?fbclid=IwAR045VCvE6sckCIuBNdiWeZl7pISZzVaBxkNE5aEvJddPY-scvrF-bJR1qs

Premier Steven Marshall also announced that those who play contact sport, previously limited to just training, would be allowed to return to games on June 25.

Back to normality for most senior players

High-fives, handshakes and huddles have all been banned - while kids will have to shower and change at home.

The bold bit cracks me up. Literally tackle each other for two hours, but don't ******* dare clean your entire body with soap immediately afterwards.
by Q.
Mon May 25, 2020 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tipper wrote:Sigh, streak broken. We have another case. Apparently someone who travelled from overseas via victoria.

Hopefully they have been quaranteening as they should have and not spread it around to anyone else

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

HELL YEAH OPEN UP THE BORDERS
by Q.
Tue May 26, 2020 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can only laugh when, after having footy forcibly (and rightly) taken away from us, there would still be players who decide that money for football is still more important than just football.
by Q.
Tue May 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

holdy2323 wrote:If there is no promotion/relegation what’s stopping clubs doing a Adelaide Lutheran and stacking there lower sides.

Because everyone else has more integrity than Adelaide Lutheran?
by Q.
Tue May 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Carn people settle.. everybody love everybody

by Q.
Tue May 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So you understand why I didn’t list the hundred or so countries in my post now before including Australia, or is that point lost on you? I for one found your post quite informative CM.

Q and Booney (and I think some others) have also put up some useful stats over the last couple of months. It's actually been a good, quick way to keep updated with the situation in SA, Australia and the world over the last couple of months, without even making the minimal effort of using Mr. Google, so thanks to all those folks.

You'll probably appreciate this animation:

Global Deaths Due to Various Causes and COVID-19
by Q.
Thu May 28, 2020 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a shambles in Melbourne.

Andrews telling people if they're working from home they must, not should, they must keep doing so or they'll potentially be fined.

What a win for all the people doing f*ck all for the half the day on full pay.
I actually am finding the opposite.

I come downstairs at 7.00am, turn on my PC, make the Mrs a coffee, and sit down and start working. Hardly a lunch break, and often still going at 6.00pm. Most times, I leave the PC on & answer e-mails until 8.00pm or so before switching it off.

I can't wait to go back to the office, its a doddle!

I am the same with WFH, but I usually always make a point of having a break during the day to get outside and mow the lawn, fertilise the lawn, spray herbicide/fungicide/insecticide on the lawn or just stare at the lawn.
by Q.
Sat May 30, 2020 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

Dutchy wrote:
Q. wrote:6 teams in this Div now, with Greenacres pulling the pin and HDFC taking the offer to go up to D6 after Lodge and OSB declined.

Greenacres folded or pulled out cause of COVID?

COVID. Heard they couldn't afford to get the two teams up.
by Q.
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bum Crack wrote:I'm sure there are heaps of single people out there on $90k a year looking at doing a $750k reno (especially after they already have a $500k mortgage for the house). Bloody ridiculous.

Self-funded retirees pocketing $80K tax free super need a leg-up to renovate their luxury homes.
by Q.
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |