Search found more than 1581 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:My mail this evening is final nail in the coffin... "The Chics are dead, long live the Chics.." :(

At least Unley got their Ladies Day ;)
by Q.
Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

But seriously, it would be a massive choke if Smiffies didn't win.
by Q.
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

morell wrote:Unsubscribe

I'm unsubbing because of incorrect use of the quote function ITT.
by Q.
Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

A theory I got told last night was that Cersei killed Joffrey, to thwart Margaery from becoming Queen. I know she's a control freak, but it seems to be a massive stretch to suggest she'd kill her own son.

the key question is who is now in power. is it joffrey's little brother, in which case she would be queen regent again? that would then make cersei the prime suspect, as she has now gotten rid of both tyrrian and joffrey, the two greatest threats to her power.

She has power until Tommen marries.

But she was the only one that unconditionally loved Joffrey.

also:

http://i.imgur.com/M3iDouy.gif
by Q.
Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blah blah, you and few others make too many assumptions about what goes on at Rosies without knowing all the facts He is right in general though. Paying mercenaries results in short term success and long term pain.

If we had a $25k budget I would rather pay for 5 elite juniors, their mates and parents rather than 5 "gun" 25 yr olds.

Build the foundation from the bottom up and invest in juniors, in other words.

I don't think it's money that's holding clubs back from a solid junior program.
by Q.
Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Hi.. umm we lost our home.. can we come live in here? :lol:

Piss off Marc Cox :D
by Q.
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

What's unprecedented is the whinging. Two years ago you just copped it on the chin and rebuilt the next year.
by Q.
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

We're being slightly alarmist. Yes, a couple of those margins are effin huge, but it's always been a case that the bottom teams get pumped by the top teams.
by Q.
Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

The outrage at News Ltd is deafening...
by Q.
Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wingfield Royals Up & About

Might not win a game this year, but I don't think that fazes the players. Just a bunch of lads keen for a kick and drink after the game.

Just gotta get the away shower running and get a few of the lads out of their basketball shorts ;)
by Q.
Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Calorie deficit.

These 'snake oils' don't actually do anything.
Yeah that's how i'm going about it, thanks to a couple of apps on my phone makes life bit easier - myfitnesspal and caloriecounter.

Do you think these other products do help though in that they mentally perhaps make the user believe they are having an impact therefore creating a positive vibe for them?

I think they're more likely to lull one into a false sense of security... "ooh, I took my fat burner today, think I'll go treat myself to maccas"
by Q.
Wed May 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 25-40-FIFTY-60-70-80-90-100 Speed Zones

Or they could create some sort of signage that depicts the speed limit, like a number in a red circle or something like that...
by Q.
Thu May 08, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things I learn from press releases

Coles/Shell, Woolworths/Caltex, and the independents?
Ah yes apologies, I thought Peregrine bought out all the Shell's but I forgot about the Coles and Woolies ones.. they wont last though, who wants to go there when you can go to an on the run which is basically a one stop shop for all your needs?

Will buy petrol from wherever I don't have to wait in line behind some **** buying shit coffee.
by Q.
Fri May 09, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Flipper wrote:Can someone find out some details on this Harvey (CLG). Size, strengths, weaknesses?

His one true weakness is champagne glasses. His Achilles heel, or kryptonite you might say.
by Q.
Fri May 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So he will miss the rest of the year for an egg on his head...............or has he just had enough, wasn't happy at half time. He must be rapt with your poaching job last year. Turn for the better i'd say.......for us, not you :butthead:

now lets see who gets defensive..........

The simple answer might be that due to repeated concussions this year already, he's been warned not to risk another.
by Q.
Mon May 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HH3

Feck me! Can the good folk of SA Footy stop getting injured

That makes it -

Collar bone - HH3
Knee - Carey
Ankle - Heater
A leg injury - Pag

Looney Bin - FC ;)

I'm sure there are plenty more :shock:
does it count if i don't play anymore due to injuries???
knee, then staph infection after knee surgery. 10 days in hospital and had home nurse visits and was hooked up to an antibiotic baxter pump for 3 weeks after discharge of hosp... missed pretty much 2 seasons of footy
Quad was shot for ages. an other leg issues which continued to give me the shits
Broken leg (broke it 2 minutes into first trial), continued leg and ankle pain after which i took pain killers just to get through trainings and games. Came back to soon. won a flag later that year which made things better...
Had to have ankle surgery the following year dues to continual problems... Gave the game up at 27... All that happened in a space of 4 years. :(

Exactly why in first year high school after two footy training sessions I looked ahead and decided to play Hockey instead.
(And at Uni swapped to Fencing - although the chicks at Fencing Club may have been a factor.)

Some women just aren't built for footy.
by Q.
Wed May 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HH3

And PG's dignity...
by Q.
Wed May 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

If it wasn't for that goal after the siren we would have won :P
by Q.
Thu May 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2013

You won't see Reid for a while.

I knew we'd suffer from inconsistency this year, just wish it didn't happen against the Cows.
by Q.
Fri May 16, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Confirmed tonight that umps are made of porcelain.
by Q.
Fri May 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did find one moment to laugh on Saturday, when one supporter suggested that I should have stayed at Mawson Lakes :D
by Q.
Mon May 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

And by wristy, I mean that wristwatcher will turn up and be the awkward third wheel.
by Q.
Mon May 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

It's not a great era to be a forward. I do wonder how these powerhouse forwards from the eighties and nineties would go today.
by Q.
Mon May 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Yep, can't be too predictable when going forward these days.

I do miss watching a FF kick his hundredth goal for the season.
by Q.
Mon May 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

Oberyn and Tyrion carrying this series with some brilliant acting and epic scenes.... "I will be your champion"
by Q.
Tue May 20, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

I liked it. Started slow but wound up being very entertaining.
by Q.
Wed May 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Jetters wrote:Thoughts on Modbury, what makes them good?

Their colours.
by Q.
Thu May 22, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Randall Bone is the mail I've got...
by Q.
Thu May 22, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

bennymacca wrote:Guessing squids got banned too

Abducted by aliens.
by Q.
Fri May 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

I'd like a yellow footy that lasts more than a fortnight in June.
by Q.
Fri May 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

OnSong wrote:Underestimated how many people were experts in ball manufacturing technology.

I had a feeling many of us would be experts in ball handling, however.
by Q.
Fri May 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's in strife because football is lower on the list of priorities for young males these days, not because of a minority getting a bit of coin.
by Q.
Mon May 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's in strife because football is lower on the list of priorities for young males these days, not because of a minority getting a bit of coin. Absolutely agree.

But, the amounts being paid makes some of those young men all of a sudden raise the priority of football in their lives.

That in turn, swings the pendulum even futher in favour paying clubs, which then in turn creates greater disharmony, despite the fact that particular model is unsustainable.

Horseshit.

It's probably because they have greater access to more flexible and individualist pursuits.
by Q.
Mon May 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is this, kids footy? You blokes have lost the plot.
by Q.
Wed May 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And why sink the boot into BOS? They've done nothing wrong here.
by Q.
Wed May 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look, obviously AV are struggling for numbers, so perhaps after round 9 they could advise the league they will be forfeiting their B grade games for the rest of the year and they can focus on making their A grade as strong as possible by not having a majority of blokes playing both games.
by Q.
Wed May 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And why sink the boot into BOS? They've done nothing wrong here.

Agree with Q on this. It's not BOS problem what they are or aren't up against.
No you're right it isnt, but dont see other sides promoting their monstrous wins in the paper either..

You say that like they begged a journo to write about them. They broke a record and someone wanted a quote, big deal. I don't think a club should be chastised for taking up the opportunity for positive exposure in the media.
by Q.
Wed May 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Jim05 wrote:Not sure if confirmed or not but just said on 5aa that Dangerfield has a fractured verterbrae

And played through it. Gutsy as ****.
by Q.
Mon May 26, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Lol, I didn't see that. Might have been directed toward the lads near the clubrooms pocket who were humorously vocal most of the game.
by Q.
Wed May 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round the world trip

Tell her she runs the risk of coming back and feeling like she spent her whole holiday in airports.

Many people make the mistake of cramming in too many big cities in a short trip.
by Q.
Thu May 29, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round the world trip

Fly into cities early in the day, dump your backpacks at reception, load up on good coffee and go for a wander. Get to your bearings straight up and never trust a woman's sense of direction.
by Q.
Thu May 29, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe he closed the door a little too hard on his way out...
by Q.
Thu May 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tomo wrote:So our Reserves Team will now not play a game for a whole month!!!

We had bye, now shoc forfeit then another bye for long weekend!!!

Not ideal!!!!

I don't think the boys will be too concerned. Just means another late Friday night at the Blue Gums for half of them :lol:
by Q.
Fri May 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, SHOC, Henley, AU all played in D7 premierships against A grade teams in recent years. Didn't hear any complaints then.
by Q.
Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Hyperbole weakens your argument. The lads I play with are no more 'finely tuned athletes' than those playing in Henley's C grade.
by Q.
Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2014

Majak Daw 2.0
by Q.
Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |