Search found 197 matches

Return

Vale Les Stevens

Former Central President Les Stevens sadly passed away last night...

Les was a brilliant, passionate man and will be sadly missed...

Condolonces to his wife Val and all the family as well as the CDFC...

RIP Les...
by Big Phil
Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Benson resigns at Sturt

SDK wrote:Mind you he is a great guitarist ....... On Broadway !
Oh hang on that was his brother George !

You're back, SDK?!!

I thought you were going to the 'other' forum because you didn't like the new lay out of this one?
by Big Phil
Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/james-allan-poised-to-rejoin-north-adelaide-in-sanfl/story-fnii03j6-1226747007310

TRIPLE Magarey Medallist James Allan is eyeing a return to North Adelaide - and the Roosters are confident they can sign him in the next few weeks.

Allan, 28, left Prospect at the end of last year to go home to Victorian town Lara and play football alongside his brother, Sam.

But after struggling to find work as a teacher in his hometown this year, he is returning to teach Year 4s at Prince Alfred College.

"I've just been concentrating on getting work and now that's happened I'll talk footy more," said Allan, who got the job at PAC on Wednesday.

"I'm good mates with (North football manager) Darryl Wintle and have been keeping in contact with him a fair bit.

"We'll probably try to sort something out in the next couple of weeks.

"I wouldn't want to play for anyone else."

Allan said he enjoyed playing footy with his home club but had missed the Roosters.

He watched North's grand final loss to Norwood and caught up with players at Prospect after the match.

"I thought I'd come back here (to Lara) to settle and my partner moved over from Adelaide as well.

"She missed family and friends a little bit but nearly 100 per cent it was about the work."

Roosters chief executive Greg Edwards said the club hoped to sign Allan once he had met with new coach Ken McGregor.

"We haven't signed him up or anything but obviously he's a triple Magarey Medallist so he knows we're keen to have him," Edwards said.

"Once him and Kenny have a chat we'll hopefully get him on board.

"I'd hope (Allan signs) in the next couple of weeks."

Edwards said the Roosters never expected Allan, who won Magarey Medals in 2007, 2010 and 2011, would return to Adelaide.

"We didn't want him to go but when he went we didn't think he'd come back," he said.

"When he rang at the beginning of the finals it was a surprise - but a good surprise."
by Big Phil
Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

SDK wrote:Rumblings about Tim Weatherall.

Tim Weatherald.
by Big Phil
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great to see...

Could someone type the gist of the article please? My I-phone won't load it much.

West Coast Eagles player Ashton Hams has 'retired' from AFL, at the age of 27, not because of injury or opportunity...

He is originally a South Fremantle player from the WAFL...

With the new alignments, all West Coast Eagles player will be playing for East Perth when in the WAFL from 2014 on...

David, a passionate South Freo Bulldogs man, refuses to wear an East Perth Royals jumper so brought to end his AFL career...

He is going to play for the South Fremantle side on a full time basis next year...
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boyd has signed with South Adelaide...

Lachlan Boyd from the ammos in Melbourne...
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official INS and OUTS for 2014, no discussion

Former Brisbane Lion forward and Box Hill Hawks VFL Premiership player Bryce Retzlaff signed for the Doggies, along with former Crows Rookie Tim McIntyre.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2324/
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hodges 153! wrote:Davenport to be playing assistant coach at North Shore Football Club.

Subject to Big Phil's official confirmation.... ;)

Sm@rt @rse ;)
by Big Phil
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vale Stephen Connelly

Sadly, former Central and Norwood) player Stephen 'Mono' Connelly passed away this morning after suffering a heart attack...

He was just 50 years old...

Condolences to his family and friends...

RIP Stephen Connelly
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bays have beaten the Dogs for the signature of former Carlton player Aaron Joseph...

http://www.glenelgfc.com.au/component/c ... ron-joseph
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Norwood officially sign former Brisbane Lions midfielder Callum Bartlett...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2348/
by Big Phil
Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glenelg have picked up a beauty with former Hawthorn forward Mitch Thorp signing with the club...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2356/
by Big Phil
Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

Central and Norwood kick off at 12:10pm in their Round 2 clash !!!

That will be the TV game that week...

Interesting to see Norwood v Central back at The Parade on a Friday night in Round 12...
by Big Phil
Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

Not sure if this one has been done already...

Musician - Macklemore
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhocnnwBNsTbh61TqwMcPqo0b8N2akITurTiQXk1vmU9mGj_OOKA

ex AFL / SANFL Footballer - Jason Davenport
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYasJP2mdWK5Qa0aiRFq-88CKxznbAvhqNNWCOpB0Kw180BdIM
by Big Phil
Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1197am RPH Adelaide's Thursday Night SANFL Show

Good news, folks. Grant and I will be back on the airwaves this coming Thursday night, with the 1st show for season 2014. Stay tuned later in the week for the guest list. Having been to a couple of trial games over the weekend, we are really looking forward to another great season of SANFL and RPH will be bringing plenty of the action throughout the course of the year.
by Big Phil
Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL AGM Reports

Media Release from the SANFL...

Monday 17th March 2014

2013 AGM: SANFL HEADED BACK TO PROSPERITY

The SANFL is looking ahead to a period of sustained prosperity following the official conclusion of the 2013 financial year.

The League held its Annual General Meeting tonight (Monday 17th March 2014) and tabled its 2013 Annual Report, showing the SANFL made an underlying profit of $2.13m excluding depreciation, stadium write-down and abnormal items.

In 2013, the SANFL also reported:

- a positive net cash flow from operating activities of $3.8m compared with $1.3m in 2012;

- an increase in cash on hand at the end of the year of almost half a million dollars to $1.7m; and

- a 3% operating expenditure reduction.

The statutory loss of $12.4m was largely due to the continued write down of AAMI Stadium; a planned process undertaken to reflect the future revenue and value following the shift of AFL football to Adelaide Oval.

However, the SANFL will soon be able to recognise the value of the license it has to use Adelaide Oval for the next 80 years – which has been independently assessed by Ernst & Young at $93.5m – which will return the SANFL’s asset value to in excess of $100m in 2014.

“The League’s financial business plan shows a significant improvement in earnings from the 2014 season when football is played at Adelaide Oval,” said John Olsen AO, Chairman of the South Australian Football Commission.

“In addition to revenue opportunities, the League has implemented a lower cost structure as it will no longer be running a major stadium,” he said.

“The League’s commitment to provide additional funding to the Port Adelaide Football Club has concluded at a total of $14.75m - a fact not understood, recognised or appreciated by many.

“The elimination of this exposure upon the transfer of licences combined with the financial benefits of moving to Adelaide Oval will allow the SANFL to commence a debt reduction program from 2014.

“The underlying business continues to be profitable and the level of profit will improve as a result of a higher financial return from Adelaide Oval.”

Mr Olsen said the SANFL would also use the proceeds of selling land at AAMI Stadium to reduce its debt.

“After a process that has taken three years to get the land at AAMI Stadium rezoned, the SANFL went to market with an Expression of Interest process that concluded last week. We are currently evaluating the bids received to purchase all or part of the land,” he said.

“Inclusive of the proceeds from the sale of land, the SANFL expects to be able to fully repay its debt in coming years.”

The SANFL also reported strong participation numbers for 2013, including:

- more than 113,000 participated in football in South Australia and involvement at club level across the State rose to more than 45,000;

- the number of children aged 5-12 increased by 7.5% while total Primary and Secondary school participation increased by 13.5%; and

- participation in the South Australian Women’s Football League increased by 27.5%.

Mr Olsen also reflected on the wide range of issues dealt with by the Commission over the previous 12 months which included the AFL licences, the move to Adelaide Oval, the rezoning of AAMI Stadium and AFL ‘second’ teams in the SANFL competition.

“I doubt whether there ever has been a time with such diverse, complex and demanding issues on the table all at once,” he said.

“However, the hard work is not over and only continued financial vigilance, innovative thinking and a spirit of collaboration will see our potential realised.”
by Big Phil
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

LIVE SCORES @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

RESERVES - Final Scores

Port - 13.13 = 91

Central - 7.4 = 46

Magpies win by 45 points

GOALS:

Port - S.Gordon 4, K.Ramsey, D.Hamilton 2, K.Dixon, J.Ross, B.Coulson, J.Cooper, R.Young 1

Central - K.Jenner 3, N.Bartsch, P.White, J.Kovatseff, J.Edwarsds 1
by Big Phil
Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

RustyCage wrote:I'm guessing Centrals have a lot of A graders out?

Yep - probably 6 or 7 starting 21 players to come back in...
by Big Phil
Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

LIVE @ COOPERS STADIUM

LEAGUE - 3/4 Time

Eagles - 8.8 = 56

Norwood - 8.3 = 51

Eagles lead by 5 points

GOAL KICKERS

Eagles - M.Wundke 4, M.Goldsworthy, S.Lewis, A.Ainger, L.McGregor, 1

Norwood - M.Newton 2, A.Kirwan, K.Murphy, M.Panos, C.Evans, T.DeMatties, C.Bartlett 1
by Big Phil
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Good to see new Channel 7 commentator John Casey here at The Parade learning his numbers...
by Big Phil
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Folks,

Due to the ‪#‎SANFL‬ season kicking off this Thursday night, there will be no #SANFL show this coming week. Coff and I will be back on the airwaves and into the full swing of it next Thursday, the 10th of April.

Stay tuned in the next couple of days for our Round 1 tips. I have to get one back on Coff, who defeated me in the Footy Tipping competition in season 2013 by just 1 vote.

Don't forget, RPH will be calling the Glenelg v Sturt game on Friday night and then the Eagles v Central game on Saturday. Tune in to hear up to 3 games a weekend this season on 1197am RPH Adelaide.

Cheers,

Phil Aspinall
Grant Coffee
by Big Phil
Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Sturt v Adelaide @ Envestra Park (Sat 11/4)

When I poster the question above, Phils original post stated the reserves started at 11.25. He has since edited his post to remove that.
Yeah, sorry, Force of habit and copy / pate from other match preview posts I'd written. Have to remember to amend this accordingly on all Crows games posts. Sorry, mate.
by Big Phil
Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Eagles v Central @ Maughan Thiem (Sat 5/4)

Would be interested in Doggies supporters' thoughts of how Tim McIntyre went in his first game, I noted he had 14 disposals and kicked 0.2. Did he play mainly as a midfielder as suggested when he was drafted?
Tim has had an injury interrupted pre-season and had only played a half of one trial, against his former club, in the lead up...

He looks very fit and has bulked up considerably but clearly lacked match fitness on Saturday...

He seems to have increased his agression levels as well and laid some very physically strong takles, one in particular on James Boyd...

I think he will take a few weeks to not only regain his match fitness but settle into the Dogs midfileld line up. I still think he'll be a good pick up...
by Big Phil
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Good news for the Dogs and Luke Barmby. He is free to play on Saturday...

From the SANFL twitter page...

Luke Barmby @Ceeentrals has been found not guilty and is free to play
by Big Phil
Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

LIVE @ HICKINBOTHAM OVAL

Good Friday Football

RESERVES - Final Scores

Glenelg - 15.12 = 102

South - 11.9 = 75

Tigers win by 27 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Glenelg - J.Scott, L.Hender 3, H.Jolly, D.Bailey 2, J.Carger, B.Merrett , J.Harrap, J.Hinge, C.Nicholson 1

South - P.Rolfe 3, E.Irra 2, A.Cailotto, J.McMahon, T.Brown, M.Ross, S.Snook, J.Haines 1
by Big Phil
Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

Pretty impressive crowd here at Hickinbotham with the official count listed at 3,984
by Big Phil
Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The ANZAC Day game is on tv
Not the SANFL game between Norwood and North from Adelaide Oval...

The TV game for next week is Central v South out at Playford Alive Oval, Elizabeth...

The ANZAC Day game this coming Friday will be covered on radio by RPH Adelaide...

Are you sure? There was an ad on channel 7 for it yesterday. Maybe it was just advertising the game itself

Yeah, mate...

Zac Milbank from the SANFL rang Channel 7 mid last week to confirm as I needed to arrange to do a line test at Adelaide Oval, IF it was RPH calling the game. Zac came back to me and said the Digs v Panthers game at Elizabeth wad the TV game and RPH will be calling Norwood v North at AO...
by Big Phil
Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

saintal wrote:Enjoyed the chat you had with Brad Gotch on rph yesterday Big Phil.

Thanks, mate. It was an enjoyable interview and Brad is very up front and honest...
by Big Phil
Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LPH wrote:Crowd estimate?

Not the 8K neded, yet...

I'd say right now there would be about 3.5K, perhaps, but still a steady flow of patrons coming in...

I think 8K was never a realistic chance, perhaps should have set it at 6K, instead, for the car give-away...
by Big Phil
Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bounce of the ball wrote:get the 8k ??

As expected, no, mate...

Official crowd was 4,247, the best for the Eagles here at Woodville since 2000 and their 8th largest ever crowd in the club's history...
by Big Phil
Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Port Magpies v West @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/4)

Crows had the same opportunity to sign SANFL players as top up players on $400 a game, so what's the difference? I know what's the difference history and credibility, none of which Adelaide has.
None of which Port Adelaide Magpies have as of 1st January 2014, in my opinion and that of many, many more passionate SANFL people, including some Port folk...

They are a new entity and not the Port Magpies of old. They are Port Adelaide Power Reserves side masquerading as the Port Adelaide Magpies.
by Big Phil
Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the Crows reserve side goes by the name Adelaide State League now?
Wow they really are the team for all south australians

That is just a term a few in the media have been referring them to do, so it has stuck...
Personally I reckon call it what it is BP. The SANFL, crows reserves and power or port reserves. Anything else is spin.
Yeah, I actually agree with you. I will take that on board...
by Big Phil
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES - Round 4

Crowd at Adelaide Oval - 10, 014
by Big Phil
Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 – Eagles v Sturt – Post game

zipzap wrote:Official crowd no.?

There were 3,898 at Envestra Park, Unely, this afternoon...
by Big Phil
Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - Adelaide v Port Reserves Post Match

Channel 7 Media Release...

PORT and CROWS SET SANFL RATINGS RECORD

SANFL IGA LEAGUE telecast draws 63,000 viewers

Seven’s historic SANFL IGA League clash between the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide on Sunday drew the biggest audience for a home and away telecast since 2001.

The LIVE telecast (2.00 to 5.00pm) averaged 63,291 viewers on 7mate with a peak audience of 81,000 viewers.

The MAC Game of The Week partly clashed with the AFL match between Geelong and Richmond which averaged 56,712 viewers (2.30 to 5.30pm) on Seven.

The broadcast, with commentators John Casey, Mark Soderstrom and Tim Ginever and boundary reporter Tom Wilson, saw Port Adelaide claim top spot and Crows key forward Taylor Walker kick four goals before his expected return to the Crows’ AFL squad.

The previous highest rating SANFL home and away match since the start of the OzTAM people meter ratings system in 2001 was the Sturt v Woodville West Torrens match in 2005 (56,743 viewers).

Seven’s SANFL IGA League telecasts are averaging 47,841 viewers after five rounds – a jump of almost 28,000 viewers per match after five rounds (20,193) of the 2013 season on the ABC.

HIGHEST RATING SANFL TELECASTS SINCE 2001

Year Match Viewers
2014 Crows v Port 63,291
2005 Sturt v Eagles 56,743
2014 Norwood v Port 54,884
2003 Norwood v Sturt 54,641
2004 Sturt v Eagles 54,150

Seven’s SANFL IGA LEAGUE telecasts are supported by MAC, RAA, IGA and Bank SA.
by Big Phil
Mon May 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

kickinit wrote:He was talking about us cheating the system. I thought the system allowed us to play our AFL players in our SANFL side? Don't see how thats cheating.

Might not be cheating but surely you would agree it is CLEARLY an unfair advantage that the Port Aelaide Football Club has...
by Big Phil
Tue May 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 6 Central V North postmortem

Ugly win and even tho the Dogs won i am still puzzled by Lairdy's player placements Collier in ruck ???
It was almost the match winning move - Collier into Ruck - which Roy has used in previous seasons. Nothing puzzling about it. It was very tactical...

Was Lairdy experimenting with his players has he realised the Dogs will not make the finals this year ??? or was just it stupid coaching ???? No, he was just doing what he had to do, based on the opposition. Milne isn't a pigeon-holed Ruckman, can play forward, now back and of course in ruck. Flexibility is a good thing. Milne's opponent only really kicked 2 or 3 directly on him, the others were as a result of turnovers from Central's poor skill level.

For me if the Dogs can win 4 to 6 games this year it will be a milestone.
They have won 2 now so far, this season and face Glenelg next week. You'd suspect they will start favourites and if they win that will have their 3rd win for season. To say you're hoping they'd only be winning another couple of games being a milestone is pretty ridiculous and disrespectful, I reckon...
by Big Phil
Sun May 11, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE scores

norwood8 wrote:Eleni Glouftsis is a deadset joke, she has absolutely no feel for the game. Being gifted experience at this level because of her gender.

One the most rubbish posts I have read on here in a loooooong time :roll:
by Big Phil
Sun May 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Next four TV games (including today) are all on Seven's main channel.
ROUND 7
Friday, May 16
Norwood v Adelaide Norwood Oval 7:40pm 1197RPH 7:30pm

Saturday, May 17
Eagles v North Adelaide Woodville Oval 2:10pm 107.9 Life 1:30pm
Glenelg v Central District Glenelg Oval 2:10pm SEVEN 2:00pm
Port Adelaide v South Adelaide Alberton Oval 2:10pm 1197RPH 1:30pm

Sunday, May 18
Sturt v West Adelaide Unley Oval 2:10pm 1197RPH 2:00pm

Channel Seven have just advised the SANFL that they have changed their mind and want to televise the Port v South game, instead of the Glenelg v Central one, so that means Channel 7 and 5RPH have just done a straight swap.
by Big Phil
Mon May 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Match

The Port Adelaide Football Club again emphasised their Power in the SANFL competition with their AFL Reserves side comprehensively outclassing a previously impressive Double Blues outfit. While the AFL big brother are still ticking along nicely, their little SANFL sibling will continue to be a force in our local competition and ostracise many traditional fans.

South are flying at the moment, after a big win against Norwood, so this will be a great test for them, against the team many are predicting to comfortably win the flag from here, and the Panthers will need to be at their absolute best to be chance here. They will certainly need a full team effort and hope that the home side will have an off day.

PORT MAGPIES v SOUTH ADELAIDE

Alberton Oval

Saturday, May 17th 2014

Reserves @ 11:25am

League @ 2:10pm

Broadcast - Channel 7, from 2:00pm*

*This game was initially being covered on radio by 5RPH, but C7 today advised the SANFL they want to cover this game instead, so 5RPH have swapped and will now call Glenelg v Central.
by Big Phil
Mon May 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 7 - Sturt v West @ Envestra Park inc Post Match

This should be an intriguing contest and one that both side will no doubt be setting themselves for. The Double Blues would be disappointed with the performance against the almost full-time side in Port Power Reserves, trading as Port Adelaide Magpies, while the Bloods comfortably accounted for the Crows reserves who were playing kids in a League game of football that were struggling to hold a reserves spot at their local SANFL club.

Looking forward to getting along to this one and catching an authentic game of SANFL, myself...

STURT v WEST

Envestra Park, Unley

Sunday, May 18th 2014

Reserves @ 11:25am

League @ 2:10pm

Broadcast - 1197 RPH Adelaide, from 2:00pm
by Big Phil
Tue May 13, 2014 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

The Apostle wrote:Roy Laird...OUT!!!

You have no idea, Apostle !!!
by Big Phil
Sat May 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

Roy Laird...OUT!!!
You have no idea, Apostle !!!
What do you suggest then? Just keep wallowing in shit performances???
Well, apart from making knee-jerk, reactionary comments, perhaps make a decent suggestion yourself, other than just a throw away line of 'Laird Out'...

Doggies fans have had it too good for a long time now and do not handle coming back to the pack too well. Be grateful for what the club has done in the last decade and appreciate that all good runs come to an end and rebuilding is a process that will eventually have to be faced...

Who would you bring in? Regardless of how the rest of the season pans out, Laird will see out 2014, IMO. Whether he is there in 2015 remains to be seen...
by Big Phil
Sat May 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Matc

cheating implies a breach of the rules. Which rule? Yep that's right none of them. I am not going to lower myself to call you a wanker, you are not, you are that little stain on the sheet after the wank.
Dols, you are right, you are not cheating, you are only playing under the guidelines in which you were set by the powers to be - pardon the pun.

Regardless of what conditions the Magpies are playing under, do you feel that it is an even playing field the rest of the competition is up against? Don't you want to have your side be the best in an even and fair playing field or are you happy to gloat in the domination of your side that has clear and unfair advantage?

Perhaps go and ask some of your former club legends how they REALLY feel about the current set-up and domination of the SANFL competition?

One Club, One Inequitable Advantage.
by Big Phil
Sun May 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Glenelg v Central @ Gliderol inc Post Match

If I think he's a dud then I'll say so, couldn't handle niggling from a kid who has only played 4 games.

That wasn't niggle, mate, that was just stupid tactics from Stevens. Made to look like a little silly as well when Nason came off and faked running into him and shirked away in fear.

Why waste a kids talent of doing that off the ball rubbish on a player you don't see worthy of playing League football?
by Big Phil
Sun May 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Great article from Warren Partland in today's paper...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/quit-the-charade-magpies-are-dead-writes-warren-partland/story-fnii05e5-1226922482960

Quit the charade, Magpies are dead...

THE Port Adelaide Magpies are in name only and are not the true Magpies.

Port Adelaide and the SANFL can voice their disapproval as much as they want but the charade is already over after just eight rounds.

They ceased to be the Magpies when they were given a licence to include Eagles, Roosters, Bulldogs and Tigers in the side.

Paul Stewart is a Woodville-West Torrens product, last year Cameron Hitchcock was in the Glenelg jumper and Sam Colquhoun learned his football at Central District. State league clubs are now playing against players they developed who signed with the Power for the AFL.

The Power, just like the Crows, wanted teams in the state league so they could keep their players together. Any club with a second side calls it their reserves under the same label.

The Crows didn’t come up with the Galahs or Pigeons for their second side. They stuck with the Crows and while they prefer the team be tagged its state league side, it is still acknowledged as their reserves.

So why is the Power reserves called the Magpies, especially when products of other state league programs are involved? And don’t they want to be known as the one club?

The difference between the Crows and Power reserves is the more favourable conditions offered to Port Adelaide, which was allowed to retain key personnel from last year’s Magpies outfit.

Next year, Port Adelaide will lose its zones and under age teams. However, the damage is already being done on the evidence of the past six weeks.

The Power reserves have won their past six games by a combined 423 points at an average of more than 70. Their past two wins were by 50 and 60 points against Sturt and South Adelaide respectively. Those two teams sat second on the ladder underneath the Power reserves going into those battles.

The Power reserves have also beaten the Eagles by 58 points. It is the Eagles’ only loss.

When the Crows were given the green light to field a team in the state league and Port Adelaide was allowed to keep its reserves at Alberton and not spread throughout the competition, there were plenty of nerves of an AFL team domination.

Already clubs are relying on Power injuries to bring it back to the pack.

No doubt if the Power reserves win the grand final the club will claim it as an extension of the Magpies’ proud history. Yeah, right.
by Big Phil
Mon May 19, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Glenelg v Central @ Gliderol Stadium (Sat 17/5

Groucho wrote:How bad are we? Can't even beat the bottom side. :evil:

Gees, I'm glad footy forums weren't around in the 70's and 80's in seasons that the Dogs struggled. I'd hate to see what Groucho was like back then...
by Big Phil
Sat May 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

Good news, for those interested, in that ABC TV Victoria will be sending next weekend's game across to Adelaide, with the coverage - hosted by Neil Cross - on Channel 2 at 12:30pm (SA time).
by Big Phil
Fri May 23, 2014 2:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |