Search found more than 5483 matches

Return

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

This puts it to bed.

Australia's captain Pat Cummins has admitted he was clueless to the fact Alex Carey was two runs away from a century as he hit the winning runs in Australia's second Test victory over New Zealand.
Carey edged close to his second Test hundred with Australia needing seven runs to win in the 64th over with the wicket-keeper batter on 93 not out.
Ben Sears' first delivery went to the boundary after a Carey pull shot before the 32-year-old claimed a single with the second ball.

Cummins then hit the final delivery through cover point for four to seal victory but unfortunately rob Carey of a century.
Post-game, Carey admitted to TVNZ+: "I was happy with that, I didn't want to get on strike again."

Speaking to ABC Radio as well, Carey added he was no certainty to get past the mark anyway.
"(I was) pretty happy I didn't have to face another ball, I was pretty up and about at that stage and might have played a rash shot with the energy going the way it was", he said.
Cummins revealed his plan was to reach the target "any way possible" but was unaware how close Carey was to a ton. 
"I had no idea he was on 98 so that would've been embarrassing if he was celebrating and I wasn't looking," he told TVNZ+.
Yeah, Cummins didn’t know and Carey wasn’t fazed. EOS! Hypotheticals are pointless, we won so the rest is redundant, nice boost to Carry’s average for the series at the end of the day.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

He earned the right to hit the winning runs.
Regardless of what he says to us ALL test players covet 3 figures.
Cummins should've made him get the runs.....unless he's got a broken finger from the one that hit him.

Didn't Cummins say in his post game interview "I had NO idea was Alex was on" ? :shock: :shock:
Yeah, they probably need to build scoreboards at cricket grounds.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

I suspect the idea was to prevent the NRL, which started this weekend, from getting the 'jump' on the AFL.

Staggering rounds is also probably good for TV ratings - e.g. more Friday night footy etc.

Why on earth they thought it was a good idea to call it anything other than Round 1 I have no idea.
That was the bit I didn't grasp, make it a split round or do whatever, just give the round a number, "Carlton beat Brisbane in round nothing".
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round < 1

Booney wrote:All the fuss about Cox and Mumford was a bit strange. Mumford wouldn't have done anything.

Not unless Cox was on the ground with a few blokes on top of him and Mumford could drop the knees in. Then he would have done something.

I’d back Mumford toe to toe over the Yank
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I kid you not, was chatting with a friend last night who has a new set of cans, after I while I suggested that she Uber over wearing only jacket, 45 minutes later I had a knock on the door.

And she complimented me about how tidy I keep my house
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I kid you not, was chatting with a friend last night who has a new set of cans, after I while I suggested that she Uber over wearing only jacket, 45 minutes later I had a knock on the door.

And she complimented me about how tidy I keep my house

Were they as good as advertised?
Yeah, not a huge fan though, they have no give, they don’t even flatten any while laying back
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wenchbarwer wrote:
That's a bit harsh on LM...

No it isn’t
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

BulkEFC wrote:
whufc wrote:
Elizabeth Dogs? Central United Eagles? Smithfield Eagles?

The CUES (Central United, Elizabeth, Smithfield) Could be known as the 8 Balls :shock: :D :D

Quick and witty, I like you

Don’t encourage him ;)
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:It’s come at a cost, I have to watch MAFS with her tonight

Not worth it.

At least it’s the dinner party.
You plan on dining yourself LM?

I can’t reach
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Not quite sure where to stick this but here seems as good as place as any.

Today is my court date for divorce, I don’t have to attend but it is the end of a chapter of my life and the closing of a door that I’d left ajar for too long.

The soon to be ex-wife asked me on Monday if I wanted to go out for dinner tonight…….i wanted to say “yeah, but not with you” but couldn’t bring myself to do it, we’re still good friends and I didn’t want to be disrespectful, it’s hit hard harder this week than we both thought it would.

I must say since I got the wheels in motion I have been a completely different person, I’m loving life atm
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division IV 2024

I’ll do my usual thing, start slowly then dwindle out.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Spargo wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Kilburn - What a shithole

I can’t think of a worse named suburb.

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauo tamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronuku pokaiwhenuakitanatahu is a pretty crappy one.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having a few sherbets with the legendary JK yesterday.
by Lightning McQueen
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Having a few sherbets with the legendary JK yesterday.

How's the legend going these days?

By Uber yesterday
by Lightning McQueen
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:How about JK?

Still a legend!
by Lightning McQueen
Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kilburn - What a shithole

It has improved since the 70's ;)

Before that was known as Chicago or Little Chicago
Changed to Kilburn prob coz of the reputation Chicago was getting in the USA a few decades earlier

Having played football against the Kilburn lads from an early age they used a nickname during games
It sounded like Chickys- was this coz Kilburn was once Chicago ?
Kinda makes sense considering Shameless is based in Chicago
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having a few sherbets with the legendary JK yesterday.

Great to catch up bud, we'll have to do that more often, might have been a good thing we got knocked out in the last leg of the Quad or we might all still be there ;)
Absolutely, I looked at the bank balance today for the first time since, oh dear!!!
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

cracka wrote:When you divide something (like a game of football) by 4 it's called quarters. What's it called when it's divided by 6 :oops:

Sixths
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Winning another premiership! By one wicket!

Nervous heading out there mate? Lost 8/36 and you arrived. Hit the winning run? I wasn't nervous going out to bat because I didn't expect us to win being nine wickets down, only got nervous when we got close. I didn't hit the winning runs, I managed to (streakily) get off strike and my team mate who batted number three making 96* hit the winning runs. We put on 40 for the last wicket to win it, his innings was incredible.
Sounds like your innings was equally as important
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was lucky enough to be great friends with one of his daughters as a teenager and spent a fair bit of time at his house, he was such a good role model for all the kids in the northern area.

The respect the man has earnt and deserves is enormous, it’s very fitting!
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 metre Peter got 4 games.
Unfortunately it’s about right, IMO he went to the contest thinking he could mark it and then last split second he braced himself realising he wasn’t going to get there. There was no malice but that’s what the game has become……and understandably why.

Even as a Port supporter and an SPP admirer, I thought he had less intent to collide with a bump as SPP, it’s the outcome of collisions that the AFL don’t want to see and Cunningham was clearly in a bad way.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of the sillier posts I've seen on here. Do you even understand the calendar. There are only just enough weeks outside of the summer sport season plus factoring in the gap between Easter and the AFL Grand Final to fit the current standard season of 18 home and away games and 4 weeks of finals.
Are you new here?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

The Dark Knight wrote:
mots02 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Port’s FB page is in full swing atm

Haha… just had a look.

Umpires
Hinkley
Umpires
Crowtards
Umpires

Repeat
Anything about the goal kicking or Jake Lever having 12 intercept possessions?
I hate how people just immediately blame the umpires across the socials.

No room for factual evidence.
by Lightning McQueen
Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Lightning McQueen
Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the pecking order right now?

Sydney
GWS
Carlton
Melbourne
Collingwood
Port
Geelong
Brisbane/Freo

I think we can rule out 5 teams already that won't play finals, Suns will drop off, I thought the Saints were better than what we've seen and Essendon is anyone's guess.

Dogs are the hardest team to gauge.
by Lightning McQueen
Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:Game delayed due to lightening, players off the ground

Don’t blame me mate.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're having a go at me for making a humerous post having a fun go at a mate's spelling of Hawkins before it was editted despite LM's post being "offensive and immature" clearly having a go at me.
I told LM by Private Message when he asked for his topic to be removed that I was reluctant as I knew some arse clown would use it as cannon fodder against me despite my sole concern for other regular posters on this site not myself but LM insisted he would cover me being quite apologetic.
You proved my thoughts completely correct.
My post/topic was in no way a having a go at you, wubbsy won my vote FWIW and as I've stated previously, I should've used the term "passionate" instead of "one-eyed".

I'll own my error and yes, I did message you insisting that you remove the thread and I will take ownership of the removal.

I maintain that there was no malice intended towards anyone whatsoever, everyone supports their team in their own manner and that is their own prerogative, it doesn't affect my time in the house at all. If I don't like a comment I can either reply or scroll on, it's generally the latter.

Can we all play nicely now...............until next weekend at least anyway :)
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Possibly not a popular peeve, but here goes …

Firstly, I feel very sorry for anyone who has been scammed. No-one deserves it and it’s a great stain on society.

That said, I can understand to some extent how people are conned into parting with their money the first time, but if the scam involves you giving up large amounts of your money to a third party, multiple times, by your actions, then please don’t blame the financial institution where your funds are deposited for your demise.

In almost every time this occurs, it’s the result of your ill advised actions to provide someone else who you don’t know with either direct access to your funds by breaching the security protocols that protect them, or by authorising multiple payments to that third party.

It’s not a rational thing to have to pay money to receive money, if it’s too good to be true, then invariably, it is.

Yes, it’s tragedy that you have lost a large sum of money, but unfortunately it’s all on you.

Not everyone is as educated as some, especially old lonely people.

Me and my 23 year old Brazilian girlfriend were just discussing this last night, I can't wait to meet her after my payday on the 13th of this month, she loves me so much.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks Gone!

Currently 37.

Feels like 32.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

mickey wrote:
You've never seen him have a wank either, but I'm sure he does

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I taught him, he liked it better when I let him use his own dick
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Because I’m a good bloke I thought I’d let anyone unaware that in 2025 Easter is from April 18 to 21.

If you get in before anyone else you can scoop in having 10 successive days off work while only losing 3 annual leave days.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Because I’m a good bloke I thought I’d let anyone unaware that in 2025 Easter is from April 18 to 21.

If you get in before anyone else you can scoop in having 10 successive days off work while only losing 3 annual leave days.

During school holidays, no thanks :lol:
Yours are old enough now aren’t they?
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any other results?
Ingle Farm beat Fitzroy in a cracking game by about 4 goals.

Shame an individual in a green coloured top had to spoil a nice day.

Good side Fitzroy, good support and incredibly well structured behind the ball. They have some genuine guns - bad kicking inside F50 hurt them today. Stand by what I said preseason, they’ll be there when the whips are cracking.

Only thing that may hurt them is depth: few really good sorts in the 2s but not enough.
Looks like Eastern Park entering their goal scorers has crashed play hq
by Lightning McQueen
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Draws in footy

Apart from tipping comps and SGM’s I think they’re great for the game. Nothing to split the two teams after 2 hours of battle.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |