Search found more than 5471 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Q. wrote:I thought we couldn't submit until Feb.

I think that's just your missus talking.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

great catch wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:Webber for Taylor .......I know who won that trade ;)

Taylor a definite?

Looks like has gone if his saying that!

He'll probably change his mind a few times yet before the season begins.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His good mates with few lads out there, I'm sure his trained there aswell couple times

Yeah, I know Mike a little bit, he'd be caught between a rock and a hard place, has mates at Smithfield where he played all his juniors and through Elizabeth where he spent a few years and is good mates with Dyl.
At the end of the day, as long as he's having a kick and enjoying himself is what matters.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Tickets are 'free' (service fee $6 plus card fees) for both of the WC warm-up matches at Adelaide Oval, Sun Feb 8 Aus vs India and Tues Feb 10 India vs Afghanistan.
Why would Australia and India play each other in a warm up match, it would be like two brothers playing in the backyard after the amount of times they've faced off this summer already.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Q. wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Cheers for that Q man. How's training going?

We've been going hard for four weeks. Will be nice to shift focus to more ball work next week.

Have you guys recruited well?

David Rodan will be handy at this level.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
great catch wrote:Anyone have there ladder predictions?

Lodge

WC
Smitty
Lockleys
Fitzroy

TOS
Farmers
Units
Mozzies
Bumblebees

SPOS
Lodge
Smithfield
West Croydon
Trinity

Fitzroy
Lockleys
Units
I/Farm
M/Lakes

;)
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Dreamteam

Rik E Boy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:If there's enough interest, I'll set up a NAB DT comp, need 14 more.

Count me in. PM me code and site details.

regards,

REB

This is the site, I'll pm the code to everyone.

https://fantasy.afl.com.au/landing/index.html#/landing
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Yes, the BOM does an update around 4:15pm daily and that is what the 3 main news programs go by.

There has to be a number, most comps use 40 as their magic number, although it can be a pain in the arse as they usually come into affect closer to finals but at the end of the day it's community cricket , I think everyone clamped down after there was a death in the ATCA a few years ago.

Going off the previous night's news bulletin is ideal, there's no mad panic in the morning and players can use the opportunity to make alternative arrangements for the day.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

INGLE FARM FOOTBALL CLUB are seeking trial games on the weekends of March 21st/22nd & March 28th/29. Would prefer a div 5 club and a div 7 club but open to any offers. Our oval is unavailable due to cricket finals , however i will find a neutral ground if need be....Please contact Bill Collins 0407800512 if interested.
http://www.foxclassics.com.au/media/bill-collins/photo-gallery/12/large.jpg
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v WA @ Gliderol Stadium

Jim05 wrote:Another 70-80 for Cossie, needs to convert them

He's only young, it will come with experience.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not much talk of Lockleys on here atm.......You'd be liking that hey Zed ;) 8)

mate..with the aloisi's, robb's and ashby's of the world cutting, ripping and shredding everything to pieces in div 6 there is nothing to talk about..im focusing on 2016 now.. :)
Must be up to page 16 of the notebook hey?
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not much talk of Lockleys on here atm.......You'd be liking that hey Zed ;) 8)

mate..with the aloisi's, robb's and ashby's of the world cutting, ripping and shredding everything to pieces in div 6 there is nothing to talk about..im focusing on 2016 now.. :)

Div 6 is a Northern Suburbs world mate, you're just living in it. ;)
CDFA :D
The Gino Cup!
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I gotta pick the young lad up from childcare at lunch, so will put the pram in the boot. Movements after work for me tonight is just to go to footy training. She shouldn't need it for the rest of the day, but she will need it tomorrow morning for play group.

I doubt she will know its missing until tomorrow morning, but she will need it so my daughter can have a sleep at play group.

Gotta somehow get the message across about being a dumbass but still give it back to her.....
I'm thinking that you send me a photo of it, I'll put it on gumtree and you accidently stumble across it and show her saying it looks remarkably like yours.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HICKS DECISION

It's irrelevant who backed who (America backed them when the soviets were in that patch of the planet) regarding Hicks! you still have to pick sides and he picked the side which ended up shooting at and killing our own. You can say he never shot australians, that's irrelevant too. He would hve if he wasn't caught!!
Got off on a technicality!
I know he will but I wish he never gets a cent to tell his story...

Yep normal

Him picking the 'wrong side' still doesn't justify what was done to him.

Also, I wouldn't have thought that behaviour of the 'right side' would involve detention without charge and torture.

Is the US the "right side"? It seems as though everything is cool, as long as they are doing it.
Wasn't the war on Iraq to find the hidden underground bases and weapons of mass destruction shunned by the UN only for the US to say "stuff you guys, we're going in anyway".

I'm very anti-war, I don't think David is a saint, I do think that he should not have been held captive for as long as he did without reason, it's inhumane and doesn't portray the US as "the good guys" like they think they are.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stuart: "B Mac might have missed the quickest 50 by a few balls but Steve Finn is in with a shot! "
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

What are the odds old mate Luke won't be A Grade Captain at ROCS next year
40 degrees good wicket and send the opposition into bat

At least he wont need to bother filling in a report ;)
At a guess, he was trying to get an outright.

Probably should worry about the win in the first instance and then if the game opens up then go for the outright

but I am old fashioned
The quest for finals gets the better of most
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Booney's plan is working.
He's already received 2 invites to watch free Foxtel with pizza & drinks...

Don't put your address on here. MT will turn up looking for free beers.

498 Salisbury Highway.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not overly concerned with the bidding process, to be honest. While I acknowledge this is a very important part of the process, but ultimately if the Australian Government said this is an event that must be FTA, then so be it. Cricket Australia could have lobbied it in such a way.

While Aussie Rules is "our national sport", cricket is right behind it and all governing bodies constantly bleat on about exposing the next generation to the great game. Meanwhile the World Cup is on our shores and there'll be about 50x more Big Bash shit on our screens than there is the biggest cricket tournament of note that's only held every 4 years!

Big events means big audience which means big $$$$ in advertisement, I'd be pissed off paying for Fox if all the good stuff was on FTA. You had the car racing thing hey?
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apparently there is a World Cup on in our own backyard and the AFL pre-season competition has kicked off. Well, you'd never FOXing know if you didn't cough up $100+ a month for the privilege.

This is the worst possible outcome for the World Cup. February in Australia, a World Cup going on in all corners of the country and we've had two games of cricket on in 3 weeks.

**** you Foxtel, **** you Cricket Australia. By the time the pointy end comes around I won't give a shit who is a chance and who isn't, I'll not have seen any!

Oh, and the cricket we do get to see is crammed in between the most ludicrous, over the top, Julian Clary inspired graphics. What's with that? I know who is batting, I know who is bowling, take that shit down when the bowler is running in!
It makes me a little sad not having Fox but it's cheaper than $100 a month, yeah?

Problem is, once you get Fox it's hard to go back to just FTA, I just factor it in as a living expense and skimp on other costs in my life, I'd rather spend more time at home so I may aswell enjoy my time there.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Something I really rate - free accommodation in France and other parts of Europe!

The new lady friend has worked in TV in SA and Sydney as a producer, and through that has BBC connections, one of whom owns a Chateau in the Loire Valley which is run as an upmarket hotel. We've been invited to come and stay for a few weeks as his guest during the off peak season in time for a local medieval festival.

She's also teed up a free stay in Spain following that, and her sister owns several houses in London and we can stay in one of them after Spain.

(And I really rate the new lady even without the bonuses above.)
Do you need a butler?
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Also, a bye gives volunteers a break during the season and may actually encourage an increase in volunteering or at least assist with retention rates.

Brahma Lodge would save $10K in match payments.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

"be patient" - That's one thing the SACA haven't been. Since Fleming, Elliott, Botha etc we've been after a quick fix by recruiting our way out of a mess.

Perhaps by doing this it takes the focus off the grade competition, which, many of us ( and people much more learned on the subject than me ) believe is in need of an overhaul?
The Grade system "wont" change, clubs will not be willing to merge or break with tradition nor history unfortunately.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

Perhaps SACA should merge with ATCA and in the 2nd season formulate a 10 or 8 team promotion/relegation system.

Clubs will maintain their identity, players that wanna push for state selection will hopefully move to div 1 clubs.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:People get to have dirty weekends away with their wives?!?! :(

???

by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the poor service/food I had was with The Victory at Sellicks, but they didn't realise we had a Ent. Voucher until the end when we paid.

That's how I roll.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vic v Sth Aus

Jake Lehmann added to the squad replacing Benton in the 12. Most probably play over Ross

Big call isnt it!? A bloke who is averaging 23 in 2 day cricket.. Would rather see a bloke like Raphael who is scoring runs for fun get a go or even a Jake Brown.... both are in form with the bat

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I'm happy enough to see some youth injected into the team.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

Whipped out a classic true story movie last night "Con air".
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Any news on the Hamley progress?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But wouldnt you get 2 home games to start the year then? Having looked at the draw, We have the bye with 2 away games either side of it at this stage so we have a month away from home.. Surely the club wouldnt be 'crippled' by not having that 1 home game where the bye is.. Having seen first hand the Profit and Loss of bar takings on events at our club, one missed home game wont be the be all and end all of a club.. Some clubs will probably end up in front saving on paying blokes for an away game in which bar takings would be minimal if any
Rent, oval hire and plenty of bills are monthly, with only 1 Saturday to make revenue can stretch the budget somewhat, especially if it's a week that you lost.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS, you're all getting 8 bloody home games! :roll:

Bitch for the sake of having a bitch why don't ya...

Oh no I have an opinion that's different to every one else :shock:
I agree with you, at the start of the season you have afilliation fees, new balls, training equipment, medical supplies, stocking the fridges/canteen plus plenty of other miscellaneous expenses.
You just start getting your head above the water after a month or two with some home games and then you get hit with a low intake month and it puts you behind the 8 ball.
I've lived it before, a couple of hefty away losses on the trot can really dent the finances, chuck a bye amongst them and it hurts.
July and August tend to be the most successful moths as far as patronage and it's where you can really re-coup some of the earlier in the season expenses as they aren't repetitive.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reckon Watson would be better in the side than Marsh. Better batsman and offers more variety with the ball, especially if Hazlewood plays. Not that either really need to bowl. Faulkner bowls 10 overs reliably and holds a spot with his batting anyway. As insurance though, seems odd to think the guy who hits the pitch at 140 will do better than blokes picked just on that skill alone. Nobody else in the side gets picked to bowl 125-130 wobblers. Watson's batting hasn't been up to scratch lately, no doubt. But batting 3 he can win games. Marsh batting 7 with Haddin at 8 won't add much. Also gives Clarke and Smith a little more protection from the new ball.

Watto's averaged under 21 since the start of 2014. we can't continue to tolerate mediocrity with the emerging talent that we have. The side picked yesterday was pretty much on the money, we don't need to protect Clarke and Smith, they need to protect the hitters, Clarke will score at 100 at best and that's only if he passes 60 or 70.
If anything, I'd toy with the notion of opening up or batting Faulkner at 3 when we bat first, he could smash 100 off 60 or if he gets out it's no big deal as he's a wasted talent at 8, especially considering we'd still have MJ to come in at 9.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love Shane Warne but, His comments regarding Watson last w/end v Kiwis was confusing and then again last night.

Watto is struggling and his dumping is all good with me.
What's confusing about it?

I thought it was the right time, we didn't need him to score a 70 against the Afghan's to keep him in the team for another 3 failures, Bailey's been the victim in my eyes.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perhaps drop a div 1 reserves team down to see how they'd go against div 6 clubs.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vic v Sth Aus

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:4/347

We got em on the ropes.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any news regarding the meeting last night with Hamley, heard they were going to the association hoping to continue with an under 17s and a B grade.
As much as I'd hate to see them fold, surely that is not feasible, if the program stays as it, here is Mallala's June.
30/5: Balak @ Balak.
6/6: Bye for all.
13/6: Scheduled Bye.
20/6: Bye (Hamley).
27/6: United @ Longies.
4/7: Bye for all.

I think it's quite similar for United too, although it 's going to be hard for Virginia playing United at Longies and Balaks at home on the same day in round 10.
Hamley are going on with 2015 but if they didn't would think the program would have been rewritten, heard one was already to be put in place if Hamley folded
It's going to be messy however it is put together, if they can't field there are teams that are going to miss plenty of footy at times during the year.
Having them fight through is for the betterment of the competition, it would be good to set a 3 year plan with perhaps Angle Vale Football Club to get an team competition going and galvanize it a little, once 7 turns into 6 it becomes fragile then 6 turning into 5 seems almost hardly worth it.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qld v SA

heater31 wrote:Expect Valente to carry the drinks. From a Grade club perspective thanks SACA :roll:

These 4 days can't go quick enough. The Redbacks just need to wipe this season from their memories and focus on the next one.

And probably the last half a dozen.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Looks like Smithfield 2015 Premiers. Signing Rob Abdulla as well.

A full strength Brahma smashed by United Long Plains.

1 year deal no doubt.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

It went very well. Always a challenge coming up against a Carey Payne coached side. Elizabeth were impressive. I'm not sure who they did or didn't have out. Doesn't really matter. The ones they had in played well. They've got some solid units and moved the ball really well at times. Was a good first hitout for us and good to blow the cobwebs out. We now have a week off before another trial against Glenunga
I should imagine that they'll go alright this season, some handy pick ups to go with their youngish squad.
I'm sure both clubs benefited from it and I imagine it would've been played in good spirits, good luck for the forthcoming season.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of curiosity what has happened to Fitzroy over the last 5-6 year's? Always a strong lower division club with great off field facilities and have fallen off a cliff compared to when they were a strong div 4 side. I always saw them as being on the brink of pushing towards greater things in div 3 even 2.....
It's bizarre, they've had some great wins against strong opposition during this period, they've been demoted despite winning a fair percentage of games during different seasons and have probably had more close losses than any other club in the past few years.
They are the Pakistan of the SAAFL.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

DTH43 wrote:Colonel Light Gardens throwing money at average Division 3 reserves players.
Must be struggling a bit down there.

Did he reply to last week's ad on here?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:PNU aren't even in the bloody div.

So he was right
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I give a ladder prediction

Sailsbury West
Hougton
Adelaide Uni

Thant b top 3

next few will be close and could get last final spot
Angle Vale
Mitchell Park
St pauls

Last
Flinders Uni

As per The Owls Statement on Facebook of past GF div 7 players coming back to the club they have one returning Shunks. Clegg (Captain when was at The club) played last year but jumped ship with the losses and now is returning but not cleared yet from Mawson Lakes, but if cleared good ins in Dudley and Karpany from Nth Pines.

The byes suck for the paid players less money that they earn?

Adam Varcoe goes alright just quietly.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury West with a quite a few clearances into the club. Anyone of note?
The only name that I recognise is Dylan Koler from Boradies, he was a fair jet as a young lad, he'd only be 21 now.

I was waiting to see if this fella's clearance got rejected.

Elizabeth Angle Vale West, John Cancelled 2015-02-12
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Can we get one thing sorted for the year? Because it causes me great pain.

Its Houghton.

Not Hougton.
Not Hoghton.
Not Houghtown.
Not Houtown.

Horton?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Central United vs Tea Tree Gully game was pretty even last night, some promising signs for both teams.

what was the TTG team made up of LM?
As in personel?

as in did they play TTG C grade or B and C grade mix etc..or was it the A grade!

Ahh, I'm led to believe that their D's played the first 3 stanza's and then their C's the next 3, it seemed about right judging by the standards.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2014/15

I personally think the once prestigious Sheffield Shield is a borderline laughing stock having the Final in a neutral State. This following on from the one month one day comp that had the same thing happen. Not bloody good enough CA.
The ODD comp is an absolute shambles and has lost all of it's integrity, it used to be good heading into AO and having a relaxing day on the hill watching it.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hazbeen wrote:Z.Zilm to HB

Recruit of the year

Trophy hunting?
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fawad Ahmed

What does this bloke have to do, to be given a chance in the test side?
Not refusing to wear sponsorship would be a good start.
Dont care what his beliefs are you wear a VB logo or you dont play, pretty simple
Wow how racist is that!!! There are other players around the world does the same. You need to learn how to respect someone's values and religion over just money. I have no problem with that and VB would understand at the same time. You just replace it with a non-alcoholic sponsor instead!
I'm not with you on that, it's representing your country, I'd wear a "hooters" outfit if it meant representing my country.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |