Search found more than 5482 matches

Return

Re: I need to know....

Just after some clarification from our local AdFL experts- Our A and B grade have a bye this week and our C grade play their first regular game after having a bye in round 1, are players from the B grade allowed to drop down to the C grade?

I'm of the understanding they are not allowed too? There was talk at training last night that our B grade coach would like to drop a few guys down to get more game time into them. I think that is obviously unfair to the opposition to drop B graders to the C grade, a bit rough on some guys looking forward to finally playing a game for points in the C grade after two trail games in the last fortnight who may have to make way for players that might come down and creates more selection headaches for our C grade coach as he already has more than enough players to choose from and try fit in to his team for Saturday. Obviously it's great we have heaps of numbers and guys will filter down into our D grade so all players should get a game anyway.

I'm sure our president is all over it and will sort it out but I'm just interested to know what the actual ruling is and if it's changed in anyway lately?
Only regular C graders can play, no you cant drop down B graders.
EFA
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Spectators at junior games, just shut the F*** up FFS.

I usually sit on the other side away from everyone, yesterday I was at an under 18's girls game where a group of blokes were on the piss and heckling the opposition, I'm usually pretty tolerant but finally after a piss weak comment in the 3rd quarter when a girl got smacked in the face by the ball I couldn't help myself.

Why can't spectators just spectate? I applaud good footy from either side.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No probz, I'll be there til about 7ish, happy hour 4-6.
I'll do my best to get out of here on time and join you for one of SA's finest.
You blokes are just razzing us poor old Vics with your let’s catch up for a few beers chat!
Don't worry, he left me sitting there all alone checking my watch on a regular basis, the barmaid felt sorry for me and gave me a free beer and uttered "don't worry, he wasn't worth it".
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:

That;s Salvia, a bi annual I think

Here we go, this one.

smelly plant.jpg

by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

After umpiring 3 games on Saturday I had to rush down to my old cricket club to present their "A Grade Players Player" trophy which is in honour of me, 4th year running now it has gone to young blokes that I watched growing up and coached at some time or another, the young lad even shed a tear.

His mum then wrote a very nice post on Facebook.

It's the smaller things in life that make you more appreciative.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Booney wrote:Daniher does a calf.

I always thought he was a bit weird.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

I see Mitchell Park went to the Smithfield school of counting player points. :lol:

doesn't Sports TSG advise you once you have the allocated 15 points that you cant select another player to take you over that limit? It does if the system matches to the name and DoB. Doesn't work when a player has his name hyphenated in one league but then registered with us without the hyphen.

Also doesn't help when you think you have a good relationship with your mates down the road at the University but get dobbed in by them. I hardly knew ye crabbies

Also doesn't help when you base your whole recruitment strategy on getting 1 and 2 pointers to then have their points changed to 3 with no consultation.

But

Stupid thing to do and our match committee should know better. Cop the punishment, endeavour to do better and move on.

:YMHUG:
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HOBART will host up to four AFL games in the next two months.

The Mercury can reveal the AFL, the Tasmanian Government and Cricket Tasmania have reached an agreement that will see North Melbourne play possibly its full allotment of four games at Blundstone Arena.

Cricket Tasmania has allocated early August to mid-September to host the AFL games that will possibly see the Roos play four matches across a three-week block before the venue is returned to cricket operations.

North Melbourne will most likely hub in Hobart, with its opponents to fly in, fly out.

Tasmania’s borders will remain closed to at least July 31, but even if they do not reopen, teams may receive travel exemptions having been quarantined in Queensland hubs for some time.

Currently, Blundstone Arena can host up to 25 per cent crowd capacity (about 3000-4000 fans), but it is understood the Government is exploring possibilities of lifting this to 50 per cent should health authorities give the all clear.

North Melbourne is scheduled to play Carlton at the Gabba this Saturday, the last round that has been announced, and are yet to play Adelaide, Port Adelaide, West Coast, Fremantle. Brisbane, Gold Coast, Collingwood, Geelong and Melbourne.

If the Magpies are scheduled to head to Hobart, it would be the first time Collingwood has played for premiership points in Tasmania.

Hawthorn, which has a contract to play four homes in Launceston a season, is also keen to host its matches in Tasmania.
They'd all get in on a family pass.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7 - Well, they think this is it anyway

Missed an 8-Legger in Perth yesterday by 1 leg (T Kelly to kick a goal) @ $80. Frustrating bets, but good entertainment for a fiver here and there . My God son missed turning $15 into $2.5k by RG not kicking 2 or more goals, he'd have been pretty devo.

It's the only way I'll have any interest in a game at the moment.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

When you get clips via messenger while you're at work and when you see who they're from it's a 50/50 whether to open them.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, I've explored that option also now.

They are generally pretty good when they re-locate employees, they'll cover a hotel and travel for a while and then pay for a removalist to move your shit when you've found a place.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The kids being older definitely helps.

For me it would simply come down to whether I could handle the amount of time I would see my kids which is personal to all of us based on their age, lifestyle etc.

If you can handle what moving away means to the amount of time you see your kids I would say absolutely go for it, take the opportunity with two hands.
The son may even move with me.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
Lock the 2021 Boxing Day test in your calendar then!!!!

Just a couple of minor things in the way just yet, applying for the role and getting it.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Would much rather be every other club in the AFL than Adelaide.

-Lacking A Grade talent and the ones they have look on their absolute last leg.
-Hardly any outstanding junior talent coming though
-Minimal player trade power, list full of C Graders
-Board who are killing the club.
They could really do with Patches O'Houlihan right now.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

How true the crazy vs sexy matrix is.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tipper wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I'm sure you could get by without friends and family.
But have you considered how you woukd cope without the Reepham? [emoji38]
Or more importantly, how the reepham will cope without LM?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I've organised the pub with some counselling.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

MatteeG wrote:Getting the news that one of your best mates' brother has passed away- likely suicide.

Numb.

I hope you're alright mate, pm me if you need to get some grief out.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MatteeG wrote:Cheers. Was able to piss work off and catch up with the mate and some close friends from the school days yesterday and chat through it. Was very worthwhile.

That is the best method, all the best to you and your close mates.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Jim05 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Just had a player pull out of A grade for the weekend...

…. he's got a cooking class with the misso!? :shock:

What the Actual F....!!!!
How hot is the misso? ;)

Should be a nice spread.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades Remaining?

JK wrote:I might be going a bit early on this, but how many do people have left?

18 and $200K
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades Remaining?

JK wrote:
17 and $87.5k here, but I did just trade in Lloyd and Petracca (which might get undone when teams are announced)

I brought Dylan Shiel in the week he got rubbed out, I had to wear him for the round just passed to avoid donuts.

Supercoach is fun.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How good is outback truckers! I'm so glad Steve doesn't do the long hauls anymore, he always had the worst luck!
They repeat the same shit many times but being from a long line of truckers in the family we love to sit down, have a beer and take the piss.

Sludge's tyre fiasco two weeks ago was gold, he's the Russell Coight of the show.

Steve was on last night, he don't mind a whinge and a panic.

Love it!

The wife just doesn’t understand how I can watch it religiously each week.

It takes a special kind, I like spotting places I've been to.

Had to laugh a couple of weeks ago, old mate was taking some tractors from Mildura to Wagin, one of my mother-in-law's lives in Mildura, the other in Wagin, a bit of irony for me.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The tractor saga!
Would they all fit on or not.
The suspense nearly killed me!

I’d love to jump on board with a trucker and cruise the country.
No one for miles and no bloody emails.
Yeah, I used to go to Moomba, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane with my Dad, Grandfather and Uncles at different times when I was growing up, it was a different lifestyle, used to get looked after at the Roadhouse's we stopped at.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

amber_fluid wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Has anyone on here had a test? That thing up the nose looks bloody uncomfortable.
Yes and it’s not that bad. Maybe a 2/10 for uncomfortable

Down the back of your gob was probably worse.
No dramas with it though.

What about the swab?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would a C1 Side beat a D7 Side

The Bedge wrote:Central United D7 wouldn't beat a C4 side 2020.

But they have lights in their away change rooms.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Yes young coaches can be successfull, age shouldn't be a factor or barrier if the person is capable of doing the job.

What would you know?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geezus, where to start?

People who werent earning a cent suddenly got $1500 pf, people making a living working full time suddenly got nothing.
Two people doing exactly the same job for exactly the same time could have one get it and the other not dependong on circumstances nothing to do with them.
Employers are abusing it, employees are refusing to work.
I could go on for ever but thats the tip of the ice berg.
Most amateur effort ever by a governement.

That's it in a nutshell, I've seen and heard from both sides of the fence and there is zero consistency.

If an employer wants to piss an employee off they will give them more shifts than they are getting paid for while the ones they want to keep are getting away with minimum shifts and doing the jobs they usually would've done pre-covid.

Some employees are taking the piss too as they will get the same pay regardless, the best intentions went out the window once everyone worked out the loopholes, but the employers hold the cards.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 8 - Gold Coast go Prime Time

Bum Crack wrote:Just changed it to my debit card which is linked to my savings account so should be all good now as far as fees yeah?

Bingo, apply for a cash card so you can transfer and access your winnings immediately.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Was meant to go out for dinner last night, decided to go to the pub for some me time.

Race 6 in Kalgoorlie, put a $4 tri on my girl Jade McNaught to win and won about $80.

Race 7, did a $6 tri with Jade to salute again, nek minnit, $1100 return.

Lucky dinner fell through!!
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you miss

The old style tab tickets where it just printed your winnings out on the ticket.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A bit of a pick of some brains here, I've had a plan in place for a few years to wait for my son to turn 18 then I was going to move to one of our Queensland plants.

But once again my name has been thrown around for a significant role, this time for role in a brand new plant in Victoria, I have until the 28th to apply.

Of course it's going to be a while I assume before I can physically work there (which would be a huge bonus for me), can anyone brief me what it's like to live away from family? I'm comfortable in my own company and don't need people around me to function as a person.

My marriage is already shagged and I have little interest in flogging a dead horse, the distance might even rejuvenate it and rid it of the debris that ruined it.

First interview complete.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Dutchy wrote:It seems so much colder this winter than last, Im using the electric blanket every night, whereas last year I reckon I used it only a handful of times.

Or I could just be getting old. :lol:

I think it's colder, just not wetter.

I don't usually feel the cold but have this year.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
shoe boy wrote:What was outcome of Crouch head butt?

Crouch looked like the biggest fake tough guy scragging the Essendon bloke from behind. That's all I drew from it.

Maybe should have got his imaginary bow and arrow out and shot him

Was it Stringer?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

The tab app is now shithouse, I like it before, it was simple to navigate and that is why I used it.

It could be just me though, I hate change.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some soothing music to simmer the mood.

by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round nintelevewelve

He hangs about with two of my mates, Curt'n'Rod
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

Fair enough, did look on Facebook and here but cant see any mention of them

I could be wrong actually, had some recollection but cannot see any evidence.
Separate comps I reckon, the other comp had zero idea.

They had as a final 16:
Pertaringa
Largs North
Uni
Walkerville
Daly
Port Noarlunga
Yankalilla
Hahndorf
Richardson Park
Penneshaw
PHOS Camden
Payneham
Reynella
Goodwood
Glandore
Mitchell Park

That was statewide.
Port Noarlunga was up against Penneshaw in the GF.

I saw this one. Literally 30-40% of these grounds are dead set shithouse...

I know, I felt obliged to say to them that they mustn't get out much.

Whenever I go to a rural town for the first time I always have to do a drive by of the local footy ground...............yeah, I'm a bit warped.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good read, I've always like the way Mitch goes about his business and I thought he was a better player than what he was showing at the Blues.

I think Malthouse is a wanker who thought he was bigger than any club and the game itself, pretty much every time you hear from him nowadays it's some ridiculous 1986 comment.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Well LHM owes me nothing. You there LM?

You got on him? @Booney
by Lightning McQueen
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Well LHM owes me nothing. You there LM?

I had to umpire my 3rd game for the day at 3:30, race started at 3:31 LOL.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - By the bye and bye

JK wrote:No rest for the wicked, Round 10 on our doorstep less than 24 hours after Round 9 is completed.

First of the bye rounds, so can anyone remind us how the scoring works, is it best 18?

Yes it is.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

jo172 wrote:Indeed, shame on any club that might not have the immediate dexterity to turn on the radius of a five cent coin as to an ever evolving and unprecedented situation.

Yeah..................I think.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Anything about brothels?

Restricted to threesomes......

I had a threesome the other night, well nearly, we were two short.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tipper wrote:If i wanted to disappoint 2 people at once id just go visit my parents....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

That my friend is going straight to the pool room.

COTY!
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

The Bedge wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Doubt the bucks show will be going ahead now Covid restrictions back, unless small group under 10!!

Yup, just got the news.. :( =((

You probably just saved yourself a dinner, a bunch of flowers and some chocolates.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - By the bye and bye

JK wrote:Can you still loophole in the Bye rounds?

Yeah, you end up forgetting what was happening though and then knot yourself.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - We gotta get out of this place

fish wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Traded out Max King for Toby Greene.

OUCH

I've removed Docherty, Greene & C.Taylor this round to bring in Dusty, J.Lloyd and Splinterdick.

I apologise to current owners in advance.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Will we see this after Wednesday?

by Lightning McQueen
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:
Victoria have a fee of $165.22 per penalty unit and each offence has a prescribed unit amount.
In this case it is deemed as being a 30 unit penalty.

You really are a wealth of information.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |