Search found more than 5482 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 2 wrangling

Booney wrote:
Every year they get talked up, every year they fail. FFS, Casboult is still on their list and gets games.

They're amidst a 19 year rebuild.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

No need for the akram cup. He was training with craigmore tonight

Being back in Div1 is there any chance we might see the McIvers, Tyson Richards, come back for next season or is that done and dusted.
They were in Grade 1 when they left, everyone leaving seen them apply to go down to Grade 2.

The McIver's seem very much at home at Willaston, with the likes of Jamie Quirk, Payney, Lowie and Dunny all playing with them they won't be going anywhere in a hurry.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't realise he played at Angle Vale, yeah he was Menzies. Is now at Lights Pass with Danny Kaye and Dylan Childs.
Yep,, that was him, I coached him in an association under 14 team or something, I think I made him captain, then again when we won the SAMCA under 21's cup.

I reckon you had him captain of the u/21 PDCA side, game was played at Fitzroy, that was when he was at Atco and a few of us went out and watched. Very good side, reckon you Luke Childs, Tuckers, Nugget and a few others.
No Nugget, we had Wardy, Dom and Trav from Westies, Tuckers, Aussie Smith from the Vale along with my 12 year old spinner Forrester. Lyndon Woods came in for the last minor round game, Will Quick was in there too as well as Luke.

Pound for pound ATCA was far better than us, we just executed a great game plan that everyone stuck to, had a ripper group too, everyone played their part and played for each other, great banter along the way too.

While I was addressing the team in the changerooms pre-game @ Fitzroy that day some Wizard looking dude from the medieval battle across the park came waltzing in to our rooms, walked through the group and proceeded to take a dump in our dunny.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's right......the medivial thing was on across the park :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still have a couple of photo's of it, the other has Scotty in it.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10407866_10204756504490512_6938324111038922831_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=A_4XQPwC2ykAX_Diafk&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=70b9f7ff363e1c2667c5e5ff17678c7a&oe=6082D4BC
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Wedgie wrote:Slow day when the big talking point on SAFooty is container ships. :lol:

There's nothing worse than a big ship blocking the Suez.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Does everyone just hate everyone in the SACA comp?
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Greek on Halifax Saturday night, my favourite restaurant in SA, pricey but the food is just brilliant.

Started off with the Four Island Mixed Dip Platter then took the Mixed Platter for mains (Prawns, calamari, octopus, lamb yiros, lamb cutlets and chicken souvlaki).

2 reds, 2 coronas.

$219 all up, we were going to go the Seafood Platter which was $25 cheaper only because of the Moreton Bay Bugs, we decided we'll just go back and get them separately another time.

Service and food was impeccable as per usual, the Elvis album playing softly in the background set it off nicely too.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - COVID is back

On the upcoming AFL match between Gold Coast and the Crows SA Health says football players are not currently classed as essential workers. So those GC players who have been Greater Brisbane in the past week will not be allowed in.
SA Health looking after the Crows.

We've had 3 people from work told to go and get tested today as they have been to Brisbane since March 12, they can't come back until they are cleared, this will grow legs.

????? Is it helping the Crows.

If anything the Crows might lose a home a game if Melbourne/Sydney allows the game to be played their with all players from both sides.

That won't happen this late in the week, Melbourne will put up the shutters as quick as anyone as they're introducing more oversea's passengers into hotel quarantine.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Organised a bus for 8 of us to go to Oakbank on Saturday, 31° and we have :

$60 per person return on the bus.

$110 per person for entry ( $30 ) Race book ( $6 ), 2 tables on the Grandstand lawns ( 4 people per table ) chairs and umbrella with a 10 drink drink card for beer, wine, cider and soft drink .

$170 for bus up and back, entry and 10 beers. Can't take grog into the licenced area but we can take our own food so some platters will get made up in the esky. Giddy the f*ck up!
Sounds pretty awesome, I've got a few mates heading up Saturday too, I'll give you a hoy if I end up joining them.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

Its amazing to see there are now 8 divisions. After a couple of years without a Senior Women's side (only under 18's), its been great to get a team back into competition and to see such enormous interest from new players. We went from only have around 12 players a month ago to now having between 25-28 with a handful of those being completely new to the game ranging from the age of 17 to 40.

I am also a fan of the Saturday timeslot. I think it makes it a lot easier to integrate the Women's football teams into your standard club event schedules including Saturday night presentations and events.
You guys used to be one of the premier clubs in the SAWFL, it's good to see the numbers getting back out there and yes, the 4:45 timeslot's will give them excellent exposure, the fixture right across the board is great for the game.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 wrangling

When the captain has to drag the coach away from the opposition you've got a wanker at work.

Massive overreaction.

Obviously I don't agree, Guthrie tried to get Scott away and Selwood eventually dragged him away. It's not what happened there but what could have happened, only need a nutter like Robinson to go one step too far and players and coaches are in a tangle. I'd say the AFL give Scott a clip.
That would've been gold, I'm a Robinson fan, he still lives in the 80's, his intent on Poppa Sutcliffe was classic "old school, leave my mate alone" type of stuff.

So many players play the tough bloke because they're protected out there with 30+ camera's capturing whatever they do, Mitch is a genuine hard bloke who doesn't shirk any issues.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Ha, no wonder you were being an ignorant prick :lol:

You have a doppleganger for sure, I was approaching your double and and said "Hey mate, how ya going?" the big fella just nodded his head at me said "Good thanks" with a blank look on his face.

I rarely greet people when I'm not 100% sure but I was certain :lol:

ha! ignorant prick sounds like me too :lol: but no, not i sorry.

next time i see you i might just have to blank you as well :lol:

Nah, say to him "Elizabeth Shopping Centre and now here, what's your problem mate?" :lol:
:lol:

Would've put two laughing heads in but it said "maximum 6 smilies allowed"

Then I had to bomb one still from a previous part of the convo!
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Booney wrote:Artists impression*

They're a good drawer.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I'm in the minority. I've not had issues with Vodafone.

That's what my mates say, they don't go out of Prospect much though.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nearby resident Peter Sossic believed the loss of the park for carpark space would lead to more stress on surrounding streets – which belong to Charles Sturt Council – and other sporting clubs using the oval would create more traffic at night.

“They sing Never Tear us Apart, but they’re tearing apart the community,” Mr Sossic said.

“You move in here and you move next to a football club and you know what to expect.

“We just don’t want things to be different to what they are now.”

Haha, brilliant.
Came across this Sossic bloke nearly 15 years ago and he was a bell-end then.
Glad he's getting screwed now.

I hope you cleaned it up.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Got the keys to our new place down a Goolwa beach last night.

Looking forward to plenty of good times and relaxing days at the beach and brewery...

The boss lady wants to call it either "The Mac Shack", "The Chamber of Sea-crets" or "Macka's Run"... whatever keeps her happy...

Now to learn how to surf... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210331/3f8e2004df54ba7e34709b0f633d2846.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

https://soperth.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/the-castle-quotes1.jpg
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

Brodlach wrote:Eagerly awaiting the return of this

Would be coming up soon at a guess?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

Lightning McQueen wrote:
R1: 2
R2: 7
R3:12
R4: 3
R5: 4
R6: 1
R7: 16
R8: 8
R9: 5
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

You're the only one bringing it to our attention mate, what a fantastic win for the lads, probably rates as their best win for the past 5 years, I love seeing a bunch of kids having a red hot crack, I doubt that they'll make the finals but they'll certainly cause some damage along the way with performances like that.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Houghton by miles, they have recruited heavily and the whole Club, even Q has been on a media ban in the pre season

Except for his fetish for no club shirts at a rival club 8)

Units have also recruited almost every decent footballer in the Northern Suburbs and they at least have club shirts in their announcements :lol:

everyone else playing for the 3rd step on the podium

What is this?
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Col’s back!

Not as Col’s crew as he’s flying solo.

I never went anywhere?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

Head (A+)
Hunt (A)
Carey (A)
Lehmann (A)
Kerber (A)
Nielsen (B+)
Weathers (B-)

Hunt done very well in the toughest position, hard to judge Kerber on one outing but you can only make the most of your opportunities, Nielsen showed promise for a developing player, hopefully he continues to grow as we'll see less of Carey before too long.

Lehmann had a nice return but batted when the heat was out, would love to see him with them returns batting at 4 or 5.

The bowling numbers are embarrassing, we need a Siddle or Bird to spearhead our attack. On a bright note, at least the bowling returns were poor across the board.

You’re too generous mate.
They finished bottom not top.
I know it was mainly our bowlers but stats don’t show when batters made their runs.
Not enough runs when the heat was on.

Also, to my defence I only commented on the pass marks, the failures are what you are alluding to.

Ferg gets a C.

Scott, Davis, Bosisto, McInerney and Cooper all get F's, they combined for 216 runs from 16 innings' at an average of 13.5, them numbers added to other players spasmodic failures contributes to us not scoring enough consistently.

Yes, it was a disappointing season but at least we showed some fight with the bat.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We won the year by 278 runs :partyman:
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:
heater31 wrote:49 wickets taken less than the next worst.....yuck
And an overall bowling average of 64.59, yuck indeed.
SA had a overall batting average of 34.29.

That's basically saying every team averages 646 runs plus byes and leg byes every innings against us!!!!!!!

And we average 342 plus extra's in return.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Booney wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Titus O'Reilly is not funny

Was* funny.

Similar mold to Hamish and Andy, Rove and Hughesy, they were all funny when they popped up out of nowhere for cameo's but became mundane when we seen too much of them IMO.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 - Game over man Game over!

JK wrote:Can anyone tell me whether Highmore was dropped by the Saints for last weeks game, or missed through injury?

It f*****d me, I hate this new team announcement thing has crippled an already struggling coach.

FWIW, he's not on their injury list.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The first night getting home in the dark after day light savings finishes.
I must be a stranger cat than I thought I am as I don't mind it.

1: It gives me something to look forward to when daylight savings comes around again.
2: It's a bit brighter in the morning earlier.
3: I find it easier to get to sleep earlier.
4: I tend to feel more refreshed in the morning.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

There were some poor calls and missed ones last night, as there is in every game. Felt for the umps a coupla times with some obviously high tackles being missed because they can only see from one angle whereas the cameras pick up everything .

That is a very under-rated comment, I use a similar line when I umpire as I'm usually extremely hot on poor tackles, as an umpire you simply can't see everything, you can have 8-10 players between you and the contest and as you peer around to get a better view someone else can cloud that vision at the critical time, the last thing you want to try and do is guess what happened.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

A far queue I'd imagine.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 - Game over man Game over!

Scored 2199 taking me to a total of 8,521 of the year and a ranking of 8,484 (top 5%)

Had plans to upgrade/downgrade to get Ridley in but they have been thrown into jeopardy with Zac Butters injury.....the indefinite nature of the injury is the most worrying meaning no other choice but to trade out.

I don't like many of the forward options but I cant see how I can pick anyone but Taylor Walker......on blessing is it most likely means he stops scorings and the Crows lose a few games which would be nice.

Will have 25 trades left and will leave my rookie downgrades for another week at least despite having tight breakevens and still wanting to get Ridley in my defence.

Join the Hogg Group on SC, 401342 is the code, reckon that score puts you 9th amongst all Hogg players

I will next year.

Have had a couple of years off fantasy sport as I found it was taking my enjoyment from the actual game. So not playing in any comps at the moment just seeing what total scores I can get.
Remind me next year when you join to get my brother and son on board too, they've always been DT'ers but I've got them to put in SC teams this year.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:Old school SANFL duffle coat & cheer squad jacket...

I'll be out there tomorrow night.

It’s in real good nick atm.

Noice, the lad is playing 16's there at 6:30....................................if he's selected.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2021

Rik E Boy wrote:If any Divvy III coaches want to play against Browny this year please join the Hogg interchange league code 213295. It's a ten team league so you play everyone twice before a top eight finals series. First come first served.

regards,

REB

I'm in, I like playing with Browny.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Did everyone else get their anus bruised on the punt on Saturday?

Yep well and truly, heap of 2nd's and 4th's, back all my Blackbookers bar one Quick Thinker which salutes at $15. Miss my first winning bet because the old man ties me up on the phone helping him sort his SANFL Digital Pass. I had a strong feeling I was in for a rough day but tried to prove myself wrong lol and failed dismally.

Not me, backed Quick Thinker, Tumbler Ridge and Lil Kontra. It nearly wasnt to be as i backed Magna Bella in the 1st and thought it lost and that was going to be it for the day if it didnt win.
Shouldve stopped after the tumbler ridge win, nothing for the rest of the day

I was actually expecting a message from you, I thought it would be a "your kind of day".
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

Only saw the Cunnington incident last night for the first time and can't believe he got a game in the first place. That's why this game has gone to shit. Absolute joke.

completely agree.
Soon the bump will be outlawed, imagine how many games Pickett would've missed if he only came on to the scene now.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: another new tournament

I once had an ex girlfriend come and watch one of my games and when I came off she asked how many points did I make.

She had great cans and no boundaries so these minor flaws were overlooked.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graham Campbell's 2021 Punting Forum

I think the $3.30 on offer for St. Kilda (1-39) tonight is great value, have they found their mojo and can continue Richmond's two game losing streak?

I think West Coast's $1.33 is nice value for a multi too with the Bulldogs $1.13 added as they take on the Gold Coast at home.

I've had a crack at a multi for $10 to win $129.

Saints (1-39), WCE (H2H), WB (H2H), Port (H2H), Lions (H2H), Geelong 25+.

I should've gone the Dogs 25+ to get some juicier odds.

Don't just pick a winner, back em on Footypunt
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2021

Heard discussion about the idea last Sunday arvo on ABC radio.

The idea of having the week's break before the GF has merit, irrespective of the concussion perspective.

Air time to local leagues, fresher players for GF, Get done with all the awards rubbish in the first week etc.

So potentially a Grand Finalist could play twice in a month, I'm not sure that's all that fair plus the nerves that a player goes through for a week would be insane at the elite level, having to do it for a fortnight would be crazy.

Chelsea is an amazing person with a huge heart, I really feel for her as it would be bloody hard watching, I've met her a few times and rang her by accident several times and she is a highly spirited happy person, I hope she gets the opportunity to lead her team to premiership next year.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round V

whufc wrote:Maybe im noticing him more because his in my fantasy

EFA :lol:
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Life's too short to get shitty on the road.

I generally don't really care, the thought of my son being told that he is cut from the team for not getting there by the specified time though had me a little on edge.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last night at our end of season Cricket Club presentations I was awarded with Life Membership of my beloved North Haven CC. It's a great honour to be recognised, I absolutely love my club and being the Cricket Nuffie I am I absolutely love the game so this means more to me than anyone will ever know.
What's even more special is I've now become one of nine men to become both North Haven Cricket Club and Football Club life members.
Awesome stuff fella, some things last forever, I'm fortunate enough to have a "Players Player Award" named in my honour at my old cricket club, I got to present it again on Friday evening, I get an amazing reception every year on presentation night, something I always cherish.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:

What award is named after ya?
BOG on a cricket trip?

It's the "Players Player Award", each game each player fills out a 3,2,1 voting slip, the winner at the end of the year gets the award in my name.

My brother easily pips me for Downlow Awards, he's won back to back Downlow's.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

A nice write up of Nathan Jones by Titus O'Reilly.

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/nathan-jones-is-the-greatest-person-who-ever-lived?fbclid=IwAR1Ygi1kj2Vd82slGpYDVPusH2dQfdDBL6NwPA8dKcETdlPuxcYcVQj-uL4
Must be losing touch with his followers, it was a nice write up but I don't think anyone that's watched footy over the past 10 years would've thought otherwise.

Nathan Jones would be one of the first picked if you had to go in the trenches with a dozen blokes, I have to utmost respect for him, he epitomises the true Aussie battler and to finish up as a one club player (and that club being Melbourne), says a lot for the individual.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Come on mate, nothing like an intense running session on a Thursday night followed by a deep fried $10 snitzel and beer from the club that turns into 6 beers. Then on the way home pick up a mcflurry from maccas. Rock up to Saturday with heavy legs and sore calves whilst thinking your coach is an asshole and im taking my impeccable foot skills elsewhere next year.

Love it...…….ammo sport is back. :D :D :D
Pretty accurate representation of Thursday nights at a footy club! :lol:
F*** me, back in my day if I had even said the word "McFlurry" to my team mates they would've beaten me up.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F*** me, back in my day if I had even said the word "McFlurry" to my team mates they would've beaten me up.
I was more referring to the schnitty and beers :lol:
We had it set, finish training, shower, go across the road to get our free entry stamp to the titties, go back to the club to check the teams out, have a feed, a few games of 8 ball then back over the road for 9:30 for the girls to start.

End up heading to the Village around midnight, get back home around 4:30 for 2 hours kip before work.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2021

ROUND 3
Ugly Ducklings 2071 def. ZedForce 2021
Killer Wombats 2132 def. JoeKendasMob 1968
Blighty Teasdale 2092 def. Ingle Farm Felons 1990
Golden Fleece 2086 def. Port For Ever 1924
The Bye 2336 def. HereComesTheSuns 1985
True North 2246 def. Power Rules 2072
Wizard's Sleeves 2153 def. Moneybrawl 1787
GETOUTOFMYWAY 2296 def. Liamscrows 2242
Kiwi Krappers 2243 def. Star Midfield 2224

LADDER
The Bye 12 (110.9) 6468 5831
True North 12 (108.7) 6449 5935
Kiwi Krappers 12 (106.8) 6508 6091
Blighty Teasdale 12 (106.7) 6306 5908
Golden Fleece 8 (103.0) 6227 6048
GETOUTOFMYWAY 8 (102.6) 6416 6251
Killer Wombats 8 (102.6) 6060 5906
Ugly Ducklings 8 (102.3) 6196 6058
Wizard's Sleeves 4 (100.0) 6151 6151
Star Midfield 4 (99.7) 6328 6345
Liamscrows 4 (98.3) 6243 6354
Power Rules 4 (97.6) 6161 6310
Ingle Farm Felons 4 (96.2) 5904 6138
JoeKendasMob 4 (94.6) 5684 6007
Moneybrawl 4 (94.5) 5660 5989
ZedForce - (95.4) 5851 6135
Port For Ever - (92.0) 5591 6077
HereComesTheSuns - (89.4) 5620 6289

ROUND 4
Ugly Ducklings (8) vs Killer Wombats (7)
Ingle Farm Felons (13) vs ZedForce (16)
Golden Fleece (5) vs JoeKendasMob (14)
Power Rules (12) vs Port Forever (17)
The Bye (1) vs Wizard's Sleeves (9)
GETOUTOFMYWAY (6) vs True North (2)
Star Midfield (10) vs. Moneybrawl (15)
Kiwi Krappers (3) vs Liamscrows (11)

Match of the round is the Ducklings vs the Wombats who are sitting 7th and 8th, the marsupials have been steadily increasing their scoring each week and should be able to put another win in the pouch.
The Felons and Zedforce will be a fair battle with two even lists, can Zed break into the winners circle? The Fleece should account for JKM while the The Bye take on the improving Wizard in what should be an entertaining duel.
Moneybrawl take on the Star Midfield who are both on one win, the Star's have been very unlucky as they have been scoring well but getting pipped on the post, I'd expect to see them still alive at the pointy end of the season.
GETOUTOFTHEWAY and True North will have a genuine shootout as only 33 points separate them for the season so far, Power Rules and Port Forever will have a tackle free internal where I'm tipping the Rules to bolt it in.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Scary times ahead for United.

Would be a sad day that oval doesn't have football at it.
That won't happen, there's too many good people and families that bleed club colours out there, I think #23 was alluding to this year is going to be a tough one on the scoreboard, the smaller clubs have had their time down the bottom over the past 10-15 years.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

1. Joining up to my new local RSL. $10 annual membership, discounts on drinks/food. Anzac Day function, with free drinks for members. Social golf and bowls club.

2. Getting down to the local footy club on Saturday to watch them go through the hoops. TAB facility in the club rooms too. Bundoora Bulls take on the Whittlesea Eagles. The bulls coming off a good win last week. Sam Lloyd (ex Richmond and Swans) the marquee off season signing for the Bulls. 4 tram stops from my new home...... hic.
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/12/4/1417734805591/c4d5190c-cb0d-46bd-b5b5-6e92d27241c3-620x372.jpeg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&overlay-align=bottom%2Cleft&overlay-width=100p&overlay-base64=L2ltZy9zdGF0aWMvb3ZlcmxheXMvdGctZGVmYXVsdC5wbmc&enable=upscale&s=b64d006d1d9fd24f14d48c2c79d23d24
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Yeah sadly I think we all know what has happened.

Struggling with this one today, genuinely making me feel sick in the stomach.

Have to feel for all those involved, absolute tragic circumstances and for a little one to be involved.

I have a fond experience of a day out at the Whispering Wall that I'll share at another time, just not apt today.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 -Shoot straight you bastards don't make a mess o

Looking forward to games starting on a Friday night to eliminate some of the mayhem.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |