Search found more than 5482 matches

Return

Re: Watto we do now?

bennymacca wrote:He won't play, but still I agree.

Better off sending a kid.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

beeroclock wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:the players complained about him i was told and yeah with out giving to much away i heard female football team few girls could have had a factor in it also

Shite that's discreet.
FC can you ban this guy just for being dopey?

We'd end up with about 3 posters left.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

carey wrote:Scoring on every single hole in Stableford this morning and only ending with 32 points! FFS I scored on every hole and still only got 32 points :twisted:

No surprises there being the good looking rooster that you are, how did the golf go though?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

Footy Smart wrote:
Nick Winter, from the ACT. Left arm medium/quick. Ripper lad, was contracted by SACA at the start of last season and been playing at TTG. Before being contacted he had a couple solid years performances in the futures league competition.

He's been left out in the cold until now.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Who is Jamie Thomas?

Former Central District hard man defender. #59 for memory in the 80's, 150 odd games.

Has great coaching credentials through Salisbury North and Kilburn in the SAAFL.

His son is Paul Thomas.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

norm11 wrote:Hahaha. Fair enough mate. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Has the heart the size of a pea, an ego the size of the planet and the worst attitude I've ever seen at a cricket game, apart from them slight flaws I'm sure he'll be a handy pick up.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Dols wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Luckily I know an arse from an elbow...
yeah but your thumbs always seemed to slip!!! Like being in Thailand!!!

FC will be going around the grounds doing "updates" in 2015.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

What's today's side look like Bombay?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye SAFM

helicopterking wrote:
carey wrote:Bottom line is play shit Music no one will listen. Simple No listeners=No ratings. Game over

Why it may be shit, it is much better then Nova.

Yeah, they play the same songs nova and nova again.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

holdy2323 wrote:HI

It worked.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When I was 17, it was a very good year....

When I was seventeen, it was a very good year
Smoked heaps of pot and drank heaps of beer
Would rock up to cricket without any sleep
Bowl all day from one end and then field in the deep

School days were awesome, The party's were fine
We'd listen to Patience, and Sweet child of mine
The nightclubs were pumping, no problems for me
Even at seventeen, I looked twenty three

An A Grade student, all through the week
But roll on the weekend, I turned the other cheek
A life less ordinary, no family or wife
No responsibility, just the time of my life

Say no to drugs!
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When I was 17, it was a very good year....

When I was seventeen, it was a very good year
Smoked heaps of pot and drank heaps of beer
Would rock up to cricket without any sleep
Bowl all day from one end and then field in the deep

School days were awesome, The party's were fine
We'd listen to Patience, and Sweet child of mine
The nightclubs were pumping, no problems for me
Even at seventeen, I looked twenty three

An A Grade student, all through the week
But roll on the weekend, I turned the other cheek
A life less ordinary, no family or wife
No responsibility, just the time of my life
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RooShootOhh wrote:Hearing more rumours all the SN boys are out of United... If they are being honest with the club and genuinely want out, probably in United best interests to let them go.

Also hearing big rumours a couple of BIG names could be on the way out from the roosters!

Eamon Fetherstonhaugh?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

westcoastpanther wrote:Sam Raphael
Mark Cosgrove
Travis Head
Tom Cooper
Callum Ferguson
Andrew McDonald
Johan Botha (C)
Tim Ludeman
Adam Zampa
Chadd Sayers
Gary Putland

Joe Mennie

Too Mennie you think?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hairy cat wrote:To be blunt snags my opinion he will milk em dry what would attract him to longies apart from coin we've seen it before

A beautiful ground, yellow shorts?
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

jo172 wrote:
manbitesdog wrote:Brahma signed Tim Aloisi last night looks like they are pulling a decent side together

There's a quote about those that learn nothing from history being deemed to repeat it (hi Kilburn)

They will be the most disliked club in the SAAFL if things turn to shit again.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I find it quite funny these blokes go running back now they are in Div 6. Mates with a few of the guys and don't try and tell me money isn't involved as they are not shy in letting you know.

LTTF did you like the guided tour Sunday?

Was good to see the Adelaide oval in all it's glory. Get back in June so will be looking forward to getting to a game or 2 and see if the atmospher is as good as it looks on the computer.

I agree/know some players will be getting $$$$, however the club has never not payed a player and always been very fiscally responsible. A lot of the past players see an option to play together before they become past legends of the games and drinking way too much on the sideline. I believe the club will do things a lot differently this time around and look to build towards a quicker rise through the grades.

I don't think looking at a quick rise through the grades is the answer, that's what plonked you in the shit in the first place, should focus on rebuilding a culture of players that want to play for the Lodge regardless of how well their wallets can be filled.
I wish you guys well but I can't help but shake my head reading that sort of comment.
$$$$: Brings short term success.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jo172 wrote:For what it's worth Albert Einstein's definition of insanity:

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

mal wrote:Caught and Bowled is a catch
However
Caught and Bowled is a different dismissal to purely Caught

Bullshit.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can understand why BL have taken the road they have, yes, they will cop some criticism, but having done it the hard way previously with Lockleys, It definitely took its toll on the committee, and the players. In saying that, Lockleys have had an amazing turn around since the early 2000's. In 2000, we finished third in div 4, but then followed a mass exodus of players back to the country. In 2001, we didn't win a game, 2002 we won 1 game, found ourselves in div6 with a very limited junior program. To the credit of all involved, a great deal of hard work from loyal club people, worked tirelessly to really kick start the juniors. I'm not sure of the numbers they have now, but Lockleys are seeing those kids, now coming through, and playing some really good senior footy, and now have consistent numbers for 3 senior sides. They did it the hard way, and I'm really sure all that hard work will see them gain the success they deserve over the coming years.
A big difference, Brahma Lodge has not done it the hard way, they spent up big, became successful, stopped spending, got flogged.

Doing it the hard way is keeping 20 or so 100 game players that stick together through success and failure and play for the guernsey.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Bombers4EVA wrote:How's Walkerville's numbers looking? Or is it too early to know??

I think they were white.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:Interested they would let Beard go in Movember. Would think they would wait until December and then cut Beard free

That's a rash decision.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Clarke definitely out of first test after been named in the 12 man squad.

Let me guess, they'll replace him with Glenn Maxwell, and bat him at Three!
Doolan
Won't be him. Gone for 12 v Queensland this morning.

Marsh, Hughes and Ferguson at the crease in their games. Make a score here and they should be in with a shot.
I forgot to add smilies, should be 15th on the list.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

they all look scared and distressed to me. I dont like seeing people look genuinely frightened

I'm with you, it's not what I want my 9 year old son to see, especially when he loves his cricket and does well at it.

He said to me Tuesday night "I don't think I want to play cricket for Australia now".

Each to their own though, I'm not one to judge others on their views.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

What does everyone think this WC will mean for ODIs?

If they can't get good crowds in Oz for an ODI WC, the ODI are dead

Worry for the WC will be is how many Aussies are saving there cash for the Asian Football Cup, most of my mates are choosing to get football tix

Crowds will be shit, no one cares about games that don't involve their nation.

Having said that, I have great tickets for the England vs Bangladesh game, the India vs Pakistan game would be awesome but I'm too scared to go to that one.
I was told the India V Pakis is a sell out?
Good luck catching a cab that day.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really hope this test goes ahead... i certainly be difficult to do so but i reckon it would be a tremendous tribute to Phil and his family...

What do others think?

Indeed, it will only prolong the grieving process if it doesn't (I mean that in the least most disrespectful way possible).

The cricket community is hurting, there will be tears flowing all around the country tomorrow, there is a certain numbness that most of us are going through yet this compares minutely to those close to him.
I'm sure there will be a huge tribute to Phil on the opening day of the first test, although we will all mourn the loss of a true champion, we can all acknowledge the life that was.
A fella that burst on to the scene, got found out before too long and then went back to work on his flaws and came out a more complete player at such a young age just oozes grit and Aussie spirit.

I've been avoiding discussion on the topic as I'm still in a state of shock and disbelief. I guess I can't shelve it for too long.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

It's made me want to be a part of the mateship that cricket brings, I've put in a clearance to return to my old club for tomorrow, I hope it gets pushed through.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demon Juke wrote:holland to brahma lodge! it can't be true... :shock:

Shaun Holland-Cox.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:i used to like Trav Head until I found out he plays for South ;)

So you don't like Head?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

goodbye to the spoilt little twats as a Mawson Lakes resident im glad they gone :)

What sort of stupid comment is that.... not that they're folding but I doubt they did any harm to residents.

You're probably more of a menace than they are ;) (and the golfers)

and those damn loud ducks! :lol:

the ducks are mawson lakes im mawson lakes the golfers are mawson lakes st pauls are not mawson lakes with them gone its now mawson lakes :)

SAY NO TO DRUGS!
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BigBash04 Fantasy Competition

Crusaders are in, I'll be pretty crap though I'd imagine.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your top 5 cricket books

I was pretty fond of these sorts.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014-2015 20/20 Whinge Thread

Went there with our season tickets, wonderful atmosphere, the crowd was alive and the organisers nailed it!!

Like it or not, this shit is here to stay for a long time!!
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The byes he let through in Adelaide were miles away from him though. And he's way better than Healy IMO.

No way. Healy appealed and went for the ball at the same time and Haddin sometimes doesn't. Sitting there looking at the stumps in shock at how the ball missed and meanwhile the ball is going past him. He's not fit to pack Healy's kit.

regards,

REB

I think they both lick balls, Healy was the better gloveman but a cheat and I've never been impressed by the way either of them present themselves on the field.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

They still have the heart and soul of the redbacks. So yeah, they will let us down :)

Our batting line up looked vulnerable last night, obviously capable of big things as was proven last night but there's cause for concern.

Hodge is probably the only consistent seasoned performer that we have, everyone else is a bit hit and miss, Botha seems to rate his own batting a little more than what I do too.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still doesn't save any time because the bowler still has to get to his mark. In the age of reverse swing the bowler shouldn't have to worry about shining the ball. That is mid off/on or covers job. Bowler just concentrates on formulating and executing plans to take wickets.
The bowler probably dawdles as he looks back and sees that the ball is still 30 metres and 3 passes away, he'd walk a little quicker if the mid off just threw it to him on his way past.
Just my opinion......................or in whufc's case imho! ;) ;)
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

steve smith fined 60% of his match fee for slow over rates, all other players 30%

apparently after all things considered smith was adjudged to be 3 overs down on the over rates, despite only bowling 83 overs on day 1.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/australia-v-india-steve-smith-fined-for-slow-over-rate-ishant-sharma-charged-for-obscene-language/story-fn2mcu3x-1227163724587
I don't mind this, I remember when the Windies were in their element and we used to get pissed off with them around the 16-17 over per hour mark, the throwing the ball back to the keeper after every piece of fielding irks me too, especially when it's hit to mid off.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:basically the modern day players are soft!

Well when you weigh it all up and try to draw a clear conclusion, I think the nail has been hit on the head right there.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i bowled 17 straight once, 24 for the day (out of 65)

get around me :D
18 straight (10 maidens in a row) and finished with match figures of 32 overs 18 maidens 4/30. To be fair it was about 20 degrees that day with plenty of cloud cover....
24 overs 7/27 in a semi final..................................and we lost by a run. Chasing 131 we were 1/65 overnight. Worst cricket memory.
Well you held up your end of the deal! :shock:
Didn't soften the blow, we slipped to 9/90 something then the number 11 & me got us to 1 run to go and I got out caught at 2nd, I was skipper as well.
To make matters worse, I felt guilty after about my 20th straight so I took myself off and the lad I bought on went for 28 off of 3 so I came back on.

Cricket really is an amazing game where it's never over until the last ball is bowled. As much as it hurt and haunts me still when we talk about it, it was the best cricket lesson I've ever had, I was only about 20 at the time but I've enjoyed many premierships since as a player and coach, the cricket gods have been kind to me.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Not good enough to make the GF you don't deserve to go up. Regardless if you finish minor premiers......
I'm of the belief that it should be the other way around.
A team that has been the best side all year could get ravished with injuries come finals time and bow out in straight sets, I'd prefer to see the premiers and the minor premiers given the nod.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Imagine if you could behave like that at a golf tourney

by Lightning McQueen
Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got the brother in law over at the moment and he is normal (i.e. in the majority) when it comes to Teeball. He was watching the game and tea was on so I'd thought I'd have a bit of a bo peep. I'll give it a chance I thought. Nek minnet truly horrible ugly shots, friggin fireworks and Andy Maher. I'd soon seen enough. It doe$ create something but it means nothing. I'm not sure if it's beneficial for Ashton Agar's cricket in particular for him to be playing in this format.

I know it's here to stay but **** me I hate this shit.

regards,

REB

I have a spot left in our fantasy comp now that you've converted.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One whinge I will have though, I'm a huge fan of the 50 over format, I think it has everything rolled into one where strategies and risk play a big part.
We went to all of the Redback home games 2 seasons ago and despite losing a couple of unloseable games, it made for an entertaining day/evening where a bunch of random kids all got together and played cricket on the hill.
I wish they'd return the format instead of the current two week long all in the one region crap that's held in October.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The community spirit shown by unlikely heroes when complete strangers are in need.
What I've witnessed over the past 24 hours makes me proud to be a South Aussie.
Firstly, the superhero firefighters, then it's those putting up random families and there pets and then those buying and donating supplies.
Simply awesome.
by Lightning McQueen
Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ahh spud-scud I see what you have done there, good job!!! But just FYI bluey knows I rate him very highly, and it was a bit of a joke from a drunken conversation at the test. Luckily stats from past two years means not much this year though. It's a even top 3 with GV still very much a dark horse.
Bluey's a hack!
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

I don't run naked through bonfires for fear of getting burnt.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

woodublieve12 wrote:just wondering if Wallaroo is a good place to visit for a weekend? Just thinking of a quick weekend getaway with the wife and kids...

Go to the wood oven pizza place, highly recommended.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

carey wrote:
tomo wrote:
BZB27 wrote:
South B/Hill Roos wrote:Rumor has it that Angle Vale are on quite a recruitment drive.........Maybe 2015 might be the year for the Owls

Any names you wanna drop?

Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble from Bedrock.

Moe, Barney and Wiggam from Springfield

Wrong, Barney Gumble went to Brahma Lodge.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

wristwatcher wrote:Work being so dead that I have to follow the SAFooty egg thread :?

Yeah, it's pretty rotten!
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

marbles wrote:Clearances all happening now, exciting stuff
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-114-0-272065-0&a=CLEAR

Too much to read.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |