Search found more than 5459 matches

Return

Re: Psybers' thread

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm in Mt Barker tomorrow - might go Psyber spotting!

I thought you were a Psyber stalker.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

bloods08 wrote:Seen the crowd reported at 6974.

Fantastic if that's the case.

6000 of them are construction workers.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Six Quarter trial matches? What's the point?

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'd kick your arse any day in a maths quiz you keyboard warrior. Nice as pie to my face, always got something smart to say on here though champ!

Still haven't got that snickers yet? ;) :lol:

Na, they were $1.50 in the machine, I only had a dollar, 2 twenties and a ten.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

zedman wrote:haunted me as a coach when he was with Smithfield..genuine extractor of the ball..clearance beast..

Yeah, I've seen a bit of him over the years, could've been anything!
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Para Districts Cricketer gets 5 year ban

Cool story Froffies, don't let some facts get in the way of it.

The said person wrote "The PDCA Executive is run by a bunch of kiddy fiddlers". A couple of executive members took offence and called for a meeting.

Pleading that he was hacked would not of worked as it still hasn't been removed and he has stated that he wrote it.

A brawl took place on the field, no one from the suspended players club gave any evidence to defend themselves nor did anyone reply to a please explain or attend a tribunal, the club accepted the mandatory two match early plea sentence to which the said player went on a rampage on the PDCA facebook page and then pleaded ignorance to not knowing of such a social media policy which is on the PDCA home page and distributed to all clubs at the pre-season meeting.

Some people should just grow up and learn what is socially acceptable behaviour.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Para Districts Cricketer gets 5 year ban

Think you'll find he might be banned from the Pdca for 5 years not cricket. But frothies should be able to let us know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That is correct, it's basically saying that the PDCA is sick of his crap and would rather him go and play elsewhere.

Sent from my hewlett packard PC.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Do you have red in your wardrobe?

I do :( does this mean I should rule it out? :lol:

Yes, become a dolphin.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20 World Cup

Our ladies have won our third world t20 world cup in a row.
Why hasn't this received more greater media attention?

Because it's chicks T20 cricket that's why!
I'd be pretty happy if I bowled this maiden over!

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/08/14/1226696/697965-holly-ferling.jpg
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Maybe it isn't too late for me to add another B&F to my collection.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How does training have nothing to do with it you have rocks in your head! It's all about fitness and skills without that your hopeless, and for the other teams who cares if your playing some c grade clubs most of them go up and down in there a grade and b grade I know a few blokes from Henley that played a grade, but now just wanna have a kick with there mates, but yet they still get asked to play a's cause there absolute guns!

zedman has a great football brain, he's just stating that you guys will canter it in with the talent in the side. Unless you all put on 15 kilo's and everyone takes up smoking 2 packets a day anything short of a premiership is under-achieving.
There's plenty of work to do and as players you can't take any game lightly but your group is head and shoulders better than any other in the division.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

It's dog eat dog in the NEMJFA with some clubs, my lads team played their local rival last year in under 8's and if there were scores kept we were up by 3 points at 3 qtr time. My son and another kid got tagged for the last quarter so the coach moved my lad to centre half forward 2 minutes in to see if the tag was for real........................it was.
HAHA! WTF?!? A tag in u/8's?? That's serious business!

When I was playing under 8's/9's there was obviously some serious competitiveness, and learning important aspects like manning up - i remember nothing better than running out and spending 3 min before the bounce bumping your opponent to try and prove who was the toughest :lol: - but never ever ever seen a tag!

Yeah mate, it was a full on tag!!! Best thing was that he kicked 2 goals in a minute when he moved forward. I'll let you know when we play the same team this season and you can see for yourself, it will happen again. It's only a few minutes from your place.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think you may have come into this half way through it as Level 1 coaching accreditation for a modis coach is the base of why I started this whole conversation.

You are probably the perfect person to answer this as you have coached modis & done the course as have I.

Should a modis coach have to do the Level 1 accreditation or is an introductory coaching accreditation sufficient. Personally I think the introductory course is sufficient as the Level 1 is aimed at U13's & up & doesn't have anything to do with coaching modis IMO.

No, it has no relevance, I think they just tie it all in together for convenience & generally a police clearance check is associated with it. I learnt nothing from the session and switched off when the speaker suggested teaching kids to kick with both feet is not recommended.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Regardless of if clubs have valuables bags or not, I think the underlying point is it is disappointing that someone would stoop to that level and that you can't have confidence in leaving your valuables in your own bag while you play.

In a perfect world perhaps....but in lieu of.....common-sense would be a shopping bag.....keys, wallets, watches,....locked in a car boot...keys in coaches pocket.....home or away... :)

I thought that was the norm and has been for some time. Smithfield had a numbered pouch made up so you didn't end up smoking someone else's pot.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have to be one of there own..... Can't see anyone from CLG needing financial assistance! Lol

That happened to my team once at Pulteney, wasn't half obvious when someone borrowed money on the way to the game to get a powerade and was on the piss after the B Grade match.
The perpetrator was sorted out and left in the city without a cent, pre-mobile phone days too. He never came back out.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:I knew I liked heater for a reason!

Stubbys have the questions inside the lids as well. ;)

I felt like suing the brewery a few years ago as the kids made me drink more so they could ask me the questions.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Still require tips for this week from:
@X Runna
@Lightning McQueen
@carey

Ease up turbo! I was waiting for the teams to be released and the markets.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri May 02, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The new rules are a load of frog shit, it confuses the kids and teaches them nothing, it even gives them negatives for life skills IMO. If you want something, go and get it, don't stand in the corner frumped up waiting to be handed life on a platter.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 06, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you play football to have fun?
Do you like losing?
Do you like it when you get lots of kicks?
Do you like kicking goals?
Do you like it when big kids hurt you?

I think I have an idea of how this survey is going to go...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Will you teach me to football?
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b02c6a6c2d72.jpg
by Lightning McQueen
Fri May 09, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As an umpire, I prefer teams to keep a count, I'd encourage them to discuss the figures with me over a beer after the match.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

FroffiesMcVeigh wrote:Nope. Do you a line graph showing percentage of time you're a s**t bloke?

No, but I do have a 100% success rate of getting rid of little mouthy dweebs that have no balls. Goodbye once again.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed May 21, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everybody wanted to know why the wheels fell off, someone from their inner sanctum gave his opinion and gets shot down in flames.

If BP & the players were happy out there, they'd still be out there, they aren't the first club to have a rift between juniors and seniors and they sure as hell wont be the last.

I've always thought that Angle Vale went about things in the wrong manner but it really has nothing to do with me so who am I to judge, I thought it was always going to be hard once their core players retired and big Steve moved on. I did think that they'd still pull through given the growth in Munno Para West, the great suburb that Angle Vale has become and their facilities have the potential to match it with any other club.

I too wish Angle Vale all the best for the future, maybe they should meet up with some other local presidents and get a feel for how they operate, take notes and go back to the drawing board to come up with a structured plan.

They would've been an ideal candidate for the 8th team in the APFL but that seems an eternity away now compared to a year or two ago.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu May 29, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elizabeth have squirmed their way to 3rd on the table, that's a huge effort with their young squad, exceeded my expectations of them already.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mankad!

Fair play, sucked in. Leaving your crease too early is cheating IMO.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wingfield Royals Up & About

They can take new registrations after June 30, just not clearances.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Used to like it but don't care if I never heard it again

Nickleback.

I remember singing "Look at this photograph, I haven't heard it for an hour and a half".
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milly wrote:
Sorry I must have missed out when this rule was introduced. I understand there is one for abuse against a club's coaches box, but random spectators at the ground? :evil:

Big Trev makes his own rules up as he goes along. I wonder whether even he likes him.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Those points on the team sheet are allocated by the club though.

Also, most of Smithfield's recruits have played 25 or more senior games for the club before, so would be worth zero.

The only points in my day were divided in the carpark on a Saturday night.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe he was at a league club for juniors? Geez I dont know, i dont know any of theses blokes! :lol:

We had a dude that used to play on the wing for our B's who thought he had a bit of talent, he turned up at Centrals one evening and thought he'd train with them to see if he could get a game, it last ed about half an hour before he was told. The best thing was.........he told us.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Sigh.

by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Informer wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:If I went and played for Kilburn would that make me a 2 pointer?

If you were getting a transfer from another SAAFL club to Kilburn and had not played for 2 seasons and last played majority A grade games, you would be a 0 pointer

Damn, I just wanted to be worth something.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

superlative steve wrote:
The_Informer wrote:4

What about if a player has been injured all year ?

What if you were stranded on a deserted island whilst trying to save the extinction of a rare sea urchin?
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All umpires are crap.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Ash Man wrote:LM was the best B Grade umpire I've seen

Naw shucks, cheers Ash. You summed it well when we spoke last, umpire how you play the game.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to TOS for being involved in our past players day last Saturday.
A great day for us, considering you beat us on the same day last year.
A tough day in the office but your second half was a lot better - best of luck for the rest of the year and hopefully you can find those wins you need.

Eagles looking pretty good, at the minute.
There seems to be no taking anything for granted among the players and Payney has them purring, and possibly a lot further ahead than expected at this stage of his time with the club.
I've never heard a Elizabeth side as loud as this one, either. The boys are very vocal and good at getting each other going.
There's a good feeling.

Also, I've never seen three such young sides for the club. Great to see. Bodes well for the future and there's a real strong connection between all of the young fellas.

The B grade are sitting well but I reckon they can play a lot better. Just doing what they've got to do at the moment.

They certainly have exceeded expectations, it's great to see a young bunch growing in confidence and playing their own brand of footy......and winning.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18 penalties.

Robb_Stark wrote:ingle farm under 18s player got 3 red cards in the one game and he got of sorry

Was he going for a flush?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Has the HWE match been shifted back to Port Wakefield this week?

Have u got the game?

Had, swapped though.

Good! :lol:

:lol: Nice guy.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala strong winners over Virginia in all grades, just one matter>why did the rams have a 12yr old kid boundary umpire on his own both A/Reserve grades, they must have older people somewhere able of doing it.

Isn't there a league rule that for A grade the boundary umps are supposed to be over a certain age to stop young kids doing it?

The whole boundary umpiring thing is a joke most weeks. You see people doing it bare-footed carrying a can of coke or kicking the ball with their mates near the boundary miles away from the play.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't have anything I need to respond to. I don't think anyone has disagreed with what I've said, just that they don't like hearing it. If I was the CU coach who probably is doing a lot of work to fix the situation I wouldn't like hearing it either, doesn't make it any less true.

Why am I commenting? Because there is too much bullshit Div 6/lower division goodwill between you lot and it makes me just a little bit nauseous and what a boring place this would be if someone didn't call you on said bullshit.

Do you go to McDonalds and order "sad meals"?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:watch how the masses of simpletons jump on board the insult train

Are you the conductor? ;)
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

a crack at div 7 team of the year...

FF: Matthews (Smithfield) Webber (Smithfield) Dudley (NP)
HF: __________, _____________, __________
C: __________, _______________, _____________
HB: OLoughlin (NP), ____________, Schultz (Henley)
FB: ______________, ______________, ______________

R: Bellman (Smithfield), _____________, Garner (Smithfield)
Bnch: __________, _______________, _____________

dont know anyone else in comp. so that will do.

You could formulate two teams, have one for just A Grade players and another one for C Grade players.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:
phht the leagues 3rd leading goal kicker in the ressies? bahaha as if

Why else? He didn't get to last weeks game on time therefore didn't play then, he wasn't at training during the week.

I know why I don't post on here much anymore, there's no point in posting facts.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:D LM pls

if only u wasnt a 10 goal better side than everyone else you couldnt afford to take the risk of 'sandbagging"!!! haha

It has nothing to do with "me", Saturday was the first time I've ventured out there for a few years and that was only because I umpired early games in the country and was driving past.
I was a bit miffed to see him in the 2's, I asked the question and was given the reason. I think their magoo's will cause some damage in September from what I saw and after talking to a couple of old mates, it was the biggest B Grade win that we could recall and the longest winning streak.

oh suddenly your not flying the flag for smitthies & you're suddenly NOT their number 1 ticket holder :D

Can I borrow your brain? I'm building an idiot.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:I looked stoned in that video.

Nevertheless, your input was insurmountable.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22! The who gives a **** anymore week!

Do you forfeit if you can't field 14?
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yes i have actually :rock:

champ just be proud your once dwindling club on its last legs 18 months ago is now hosting division 6 finals. to do so your club is paying big $$.

the revenue made on the day the better to cover these costs yeah?

or are you secretly upset because u might believe having rosewater reserves there, before the big game will advantage rosewaters A-grade in the big match & your kinda spiritually feeling like rosewater are taking over your venue, and your boys metaphorically will be feeling like the away side on their home turf huh huh

:-O :-O I'd like to know how you managed to put some of them words next to each other?
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Incredible to think Cam has only been playing footy for a few years!

Did you teach him to football?
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some horrid spectators at the Elizabeth V Gaza U/15 game yesterday at Eastern Park.
How do people think it's ok to heckle a 14/15 year old lad and put such a dampener on him he wants to leave the ground.
To you knobs,you are fruit loops.
Well done to the ground marshals on shutting them up.
Sitting on the outer side of the ground they were in full view and every word could be heard.
Idiots.
Hope their club deals with the fools.

I've seen all sorts of crap at the arse end of this season, the NEMJFA should seriously contemplate a no calling out policy except for coaches to give instructions, parents and spectators should be limited to applauding, the minority ruin it for the majority and clubs turn a blind eye to the bad eggs that they harbor.
It's kids footy, it's about the kids development, it's not a showcase for others to be entertained. Spectators should just spectate IMO.
Whenever I've watched my kids play (if I wasn't coaching them at the time) I'd set myself up on the other side of the ground and just sit there and watch, I'd get jibes about it but I flat out told the other parents that I don't wish to be associated with the dickhead comments that come out of other parents mouths.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury v Elizabeth under 17s. Eagles won. An Elizabeth under 15 player had a horn that he'd bought at the show. Ran past a Salisbury player and blew it, he reacted and a massive all-in ensued. I've got pictures from the day. Crazy scene.
I've been pretty happy after a premiership but I've never had a horn about it.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demon Juke wrote:

bellman off to goodwood saints??

Easy mistake.............Smithfield/ Goody Saints.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014-2015 20/20 Whinge Thread

No whinge here, I love cricket and if that's what is being played, I'll watch it.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |