Search found 28 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Geez I nearly shit myself laughing reading your comment there BigShow, recruits aren't happening . YOU have given that club MORE than it deserved over the past 10 or more years, a real pity those who have & are running it (and are close to the money) haven't given it your same dedication.
I was agreeing with your comments mate unfortunately. Farin Wanganeen is a top bloke and coach, I just hope for his sake some of these blokes who have promised him they will play stick to there word and get out there. John Davies is the new president there who will do a great job but one person can't run a club and unfortunately he won't get enough support. What hurts clubs and has been hurting north pines is finding the correct committee and getting them to do it for an extended period of time (5+ years). A good committe who sticks together for a long time can build a club just like a group of players who stick together will build on field success.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
by Bigshow82
Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Ouch!

......the B Grade lost by 37 goals
We will learn from this week and keep working hard on the track to improve as the season goes on. We fielded and will continue to field a young side with some senior heads. Looking to the future if these kids can stay together for a few seasons they will have success. Positive for the club is that we fielded to full teams which as of a month ago looked unlikely.

by Bigshow82
Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Blah blah, you and few others make too many assumptions about what goes on at Rosies without knowing all the facts He is right in general though. Paying mercenaries results in short term success and long term pain.

If we had a $25k budget I would rather pay for 5 elite juniors, their mates and parents rather than 5 "gun" 25 yr olds.

Build the foundation from the bottom up and invest in juniors, in other words.
In general yes, however, the inferences that half a dozen "B graders" from other clubs who are now at Rosies are now mercenaries is ridiculous and insulting. Also the notion that we are somehow a financial powerhouse is also a fair way off the mark. Calm down matey. Hence why I said "in general". I know and understand Rosewater aren't like that, I meant the clubs previously mentioned - Kilburn, Brahma and North Haven.

Don't be so defensive!

And you know so much about Brahma Lodge and what we are like? Or do we put Mitchell Park in the same category since you blokes are struggling after players have left?

by Bigshow82
Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Browny25 wrote:Made 2 grand finals, and 2 prelims in the last 5 years

Exactly the reason you should've been made to stay up

Why so our scores can look like kilburns and we only field one team? Piss off

by Bigshow82
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

just checking..is ben still the coach at BLFC? they listed matt whelan as the coach in the sa amateur footy mag..
yes I am still coaching zedman. nothing has been updated since preseason.

Shh careful Bigshow, you can't give away peoples identities :lol:
my bad. yes he is still coach. have heard he is on thin ice though with the way the team is travelling. there you go now I fit in by talking in the third person and throwing out silly rumours ;)

by Bigshow82
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robran wrote:Sweet big show what time does past players day start see if I can get there;-). .Will be a great day for the blodge club always very well organised.

I'm sure you will be able to make it ;)

by Bigshow82
Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2016

Greedy Guns will join when I return from holidays at the end of the week

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
by Bigshow82
Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawl of Para Hills

Only natural for the leauge to try and distribute those players. If 20 rock up at the same club that club will all but be assured a B-grade flag.
Further to this could be if 20 players go to one club for 2016 then PHFC get their seniors back for 2017 and these players want to return to PHFC this could hurt the club the players went to in 2016 and cause the league more grief again in 2017

by Bigshow82
Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes notched up my first win for the season.

by Bigshow82
Sun May 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes the guns are off the bottom of the ladder.....well for now anyway.

by Bigshow82
Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

i see north pines lost points due to APPS

I am still completely dumbfounded as to why some statutory body has invested millions into that shithole club. They have NEVER got anything right.
Come on mate that's a bit harsh

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk .

Sorry mate, my bad, I had forgotten you were tied up with them and coached their A Grade - they got one decision right
My comment has nothing to do with my involvement with the club. I agree with you the past 5 or so years the club hasn't done a great deal right but periods prior to that the club was doing a lot of things right. I have heard they have recently had a new committee elected which has some good people on it so let's see if they can turn things around. Hopefully a new clubroom can help them and give them some momentum to build of going forward

by Bigshow82
Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

With some Westies boys and Units guys today.
Brahma players were here and gone again. What a shambles is what everyone was saying

Hickey
Leigh
Aloisi
Motley
Steele
Brooks

All are gone. The money is there and they are there. The money dries up and they are off

just got a call from one of the 6 named who are leaving the revolving door at B Lodge
Seems like 2 more are also on the march. Last one out turn off the lights
lol

lol lol lol. We can all lol but the fact remains that B lodge will be without 6-8 players from this years team in 2017
Gonski. The cash dries up and the players disappear. Another year and another year of dramas at the b lodge
Players without a heart and a club without a soul. Without $$$$$$ the players always go to the next club with $$$$

Does anyone know if the money has actually dried up or are we just assuming that?

All would just be assuming. All this talk about $$$ a Brahma is ridiculous. Do they pay? Yes they have never hidden that. But in my time at the club in the past they have always been wise with their money. Not saying they have got it right every time but they have always done their best to get it right. Is it a possibility that some of these players leave because they get better offers else where because Brahma doesn't pay as much as what everyone thinks?
by Bigshow82
Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Will be interesting to see the final teams for this grade! I believe there could be a merger between Mawson Lakes & North Pines. If not North Pines could end up in "c" grade division. Did the clubs vote in a a few years back that you could only have 1 side for 1 season only?

I'd be very surprised if there was any truth to this.
Zero truths

Read on the north pines facebook page they have every intention of approaching mawson lakes in the immediate future to talk about merging. I think this is all a north pines driven idea.
by Bigshow82
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Reckon Ryan Mckee might have it, if not wants it.

I think it's now official - Ryan McKee now coach of Blodge
Good appointment. Good luck, hopefully regardless of how they perform, he still lovestotalkfooty. 8)

A great bloke and im sure he will make a great coach. Hope he can get the support of the playing group and convince a few to stay. All the best to him.
by Bigshow82
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

locky801 wrote:Broadview 15.7 D Salisbury Nth 10.8

Broadview were very good yesterday. Their work rate and team defence was great. We will have to improve to even the ledger later on the year.
by Bigshow82
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

This is where the GJ Rd boundary comes in.

Literally the only people that are kicking up about it are on the northern side of the road.

In reality, any leftover SN B & C graders won't travel further than the boundary to go and play a game of footy. 3 xD2R players in a struggling D5/D6/D7 side are going to go pretty well, posing what other clubs will see as an unfair advantage. Of course they're going to vote no, not because they think the SN Players are dangerous but because for the best part, there is no benefit for them

If JK hadn't gone to the clubs and the board made the decisions off their own back, then they'd be branded crap guys and anti -SN and totalitarian,so they're damned if they do and damned if they dont. Tell me now that any of you think that Shadiac or GIno would've consulted member clubs to come to this decision.

Marbles, not many people having a giggle around here at the minute. There are folks here that are effected directly. Your stupidity is both unwanted and quite insensitive. Either contribute positively or please go away.

Your boundary rule isnt 100% true. I had spoken with a few players and they were talking about different clubs. Most weren't keen to drop down to divs 6 or 7. Yes a few would have stayed closer to SN but most the top end of the talent would have been spread out IMO.

Was more referring to the B and C players here luv and was just a theory, for the best part, they're generally at the end of their careers (espeically C grade) and don't generally want to travel too far to train etc.. therefore the theory they wouldn't venture too far away, they just want a kick and a catch.

If they don't want to venture down to 6/7, there's not much on the north side of the road anyway, bar EP, who you would think would be particularly picky on who they recruit at this point, or Salisbury/Pooraka.

Cant talk for the C grade much as we struggled to fill one the past month or so. A large portion of our B grade was made up of kids who if im correct could still be eligible to play U18 at other clubs. The handful of older players yes may have looked closer and to the lower divs. The rest (over 18 not over 30) from what i hear were looking at playing with mates (possibly same clubs as mates who played in SN A grade) or trying to still challenge themselves at higher div clubs.
It will be a shame for SAAFL to lose so many of these players if they do chose to play country football and enjoy it.
by Bigshow82
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

Junior footy will be played, senior footy wont, way too many obstacles.
The SANFL will mandate that nobody gets paid to protect the SANFL since they are having a zero salary cap. As a result of this some clubs in further away leagues will not be able to fill teams as their imported players and locals who return home each weekend will not do the long hours of travel for free. No league or the CFL will want to be responsible for any club folding. Its all in or not at all imo.

I think there's a lot of merit in the highlighted line, a very probable outcome.

Im not sure why we dont see more discussion around getting the juniors back playing as soon as possible. Costs are very minimal and if you can manage to run a BBQ or canteen its all profits for the club. Could spread the games out more over the day to ensure no log jam at grounds or change rooms (if being used). Then if things look good and seniors can start playing you have some ground work being laid as to how the day can run. If the kids can be back at school why cant they being playing sport?
by Bigshow82
Wed May 13, 2020 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

The real question is why? I think the 2020 season is just about done! To much at stake to try and continue at this point.

Why? Because if we are already training and things keep improving we could start playing sooner. If we arent training and things improve enough to play then people will want time to train before they play and delay any possible start. As communities surely seeing our juniors, who are already back at school together, starting to train will be a good thing. Seniors getting out to run around and kick a footy surely has to be good for mental health and motivation to keep active? Even with the guidelines in place.
by Bigshow82
Mon May 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

daysofourlives wrote:
RHM 17 wrote:
Pag wrote:Freeling doneski?

yep pulled pin on the year

any reason? Other than they were going to be really crap at playing football?

Club will be running from 17s down. Its only the seniors we will not be fielding sides for this year.
by Bigshow82
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yep pulled pin on the year
any reason? Other than they were going to be really crap at playing football?

someones up and about angaston must of played finals last couple of years...

Going to be real hard for your club to recover from this, you traditionally struggle with B Grade, this wont make it any better for numbers next year. a fresh challenge of a new league might be what you need, might win a flag in that comp too.

I will leave all the other stuff out and start from here :D

Pre-Covid the club was looking very good, numbers were up, squad looked great (A and B grade) and there was going to be some real competition for spots. Unfortunately all that hard work was undone by Covid and we find ourselves with the tough decision and the club has made the call that is best for Freeling, with the support of league from what it seems. The club has some really passionate people in it who will work through this season to ensure we are set for a big 2021.
by Bigshow82
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2021

Im in and have joined the group.
by Bigshow82
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Save their pennies. Play in 3 straight. Win none. Circa early 2000s

One they do/will have going for them hopefully in years to come is the population boom around the town.

Someone mentioned to me that Freeling have had more junior numbers over the last 5 years than any other club.
From what im told its some of the coaching out there that drives them away.
There has clearly been limited improvement in this area for them so something is failing badly

We have really good junior numbers that we are starting to see come through the Junior Colts this year. We have improved significantly in retaining our juniors over the past few years and would expect to see this filter through to our seniors in the years to come.
by Bigshow82
Tue May 04, 2021 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2021

Can Tim Kelly score over 103 to score an upset win against Mods?
by Bigshow82
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 Hogg Chat

Hogg High Scores 2022

1 Inner Sanctum 2764 (16)
2 Captain Who? 2736 (7)
3 Some Cant 2661 (7)
4 Captain Who? 2649 (16)
5 Sharks 2648 (7)
6 Richo Richo Man 2646 (7)
7 Delicious 2643 (16)
8 Ecky's Fevolas 2625 (16)
9 Summer of George 2610 (16)
10 REBCats 2610 (16)

Round 16 was a bumper round for scoring with five Premier League coaches posting scores big enough to make the top ten this season. Congratulations to Feenix whose Inner Sanctum scored the highest score in the Hogg so far this season.

regards,

REB

My 2713 (Greedy Guns) in Div 3 not enough to get a mention 8) :lol:
by Bigshow82
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Its a Grand Old Hogg - 2022 Grand Final

2022 Grand Finals

Hogg Premier - Delicious vs. Mediocre at Best
Hogg Division I - JOBBY THE GOAT vs. Poon Army
Hogg Division II - kiwi Krappers vs. PunknChump
Hogg Division III - ?
Piglet Shield - Poon Army vs. Ugly Ducklings
Hogg Division IV - harryshawks vs. Moneybrawl
Hogg Division V - bont's neighbour vs. Port Power Champs

regards,

REB

Div III is Greedy Guns vs Blighty Teasdale
by Bigshow82
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |