Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Everyone on here is entitled to an opinon..... I understand that, and sure, I can see how some of you would think we deserve what has happened, and may take satisfaction out it.

I have been at Brahma 10+ years now and we havent always been successful, yes the past 5 years have been pretty good but seasons before that I was part of teams that saw us get belted week in and out.

I unfortuantly didnt get the spoils of winning a premiership but have stuck around and will see this through. I can see myself that the culture or direction of the club needs to change, and I try and find the positives in it that I have an opportunity to help change this.

The club is bigger than 20+ individuals.. We thought that success would help build culture, we were wrong.

Alot of you forget that Brahma doesnt have the junior program that many of your clubs have, and the majority of the clubs near us all have strong junior programs. The club has no choice but to entice players, and hence why we need to spend money, I would like to see where your club would be without its strong junior program.

In saying that, I feel we need to invest more time and money into our junior program, and I'm sure this will be a focus of the committee moving ahead.

Good luck to you all this season...
by Browny25
Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

1) there is no way in hell the league will let CLG go up 2 grades
2) THe club needs to be approached by the club wanting to stay down - not the league - therefore, CLG would potentially be waiting for a phone call from Westies themselves.
3) Given point 1, point 2 will never happen.

The league don't have a problem letting a side go down 2 grades, which is just as ludicrous.... IMHO

Did they even get close to winning a game? NO

Was it so ludicous then?

Although, with the signings their pulling now, I'd be inclined to make them stay in D5 but that's just my 2c

If Kilburn and Brahma Lodge come out and win premierships in 2015 with a bunch of fresh players the situation will only become even more comically farcical than it was in 2014
by jo172
Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I find it quite funny these blokes go running back now they are in Div 6. Mates with a few of the guys and don't try and tell me money isn't involved as they are not shy in letting you know.

LTTF did you like the guided tour Sunday?

Was good to see the Adelaide oval in all it's glory. Get back in June so will be looking forward to getting to a game or 2 and see if the atmospher is as good as it looks on the computer.

I agree/know some players will be getting $$$$, however the club has never not payed a player and always been very fiscally responsible. A lot of the past players see an option to play together before they become past legends of the games and drinking way too much on the sideline. I believe the club will do things a lot differently this time around and look to build towards a quicker rise through the grades.

I don't think looking at a quick rise through the grades is the answer, that's what plonked you in the shit in the first place, should focus on rebuilding a culture of players that want to play for the Lodge regardless of how well their wallets can be filled.
I wish you guys well but I can't help but shake my head reading that sort of comment.
$$$$: Brings short term success.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Turn your bloody smilies on Benny!
by Footy Chick
Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Connor Fairlie's clearance to Mallala denied by South Adelaide.
Former U18 with West Adelaide and South, been playing ressies at the Panthers.
Won a Star Search award last year in the U18 comp. Magpies continuing to build their depth.
Are the pies running with or away from the cap
Pussy Cat, Go back to the Barossa will ya!!
by magpieeagle
Mon May 02, 2016 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

It was Collard and Hailes you were just old on my list! Lol
by carey
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

ML President & Coach have done a bit of work to put the club in a good position, would be silly to entertain the idea of a merger. Cant see many agreeing to the plan. Never know I guess, crazier things have happened.
by Barry
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Hopefully we can have a 10 team Div 7 this year. Hate byes. Going to be a good year for the Raiders!!!!

You can rule north pines out of div 7. Will only be able to field 1 team this season.

Well i cant see how they will be affiliated with the comp as they have already used there one team line before.
by The Informer
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

There's no such thing as contracts in general. Unless there was money or other assets exchanged between club and player. How is signing a contract deemed that it holds that player to the agrrement made on the contract. So in short if a player signs a contract. Yet no money or assets have been exchanged. Then he should be allowed to sign elsewhere. Obviously if money or assets have been exchanged then he has to see out the terms of that contract. If that makes any sense. Which I know you all will be ready to say something funny to this post.

A promise of future performance constitutes valuable consideration
All I am saying is that contracts and promises don't mean anything today. And I agree that clubs are trying to organise theirs lists for the season. But if no money has been exchanged then really there is not much they can do. When it comes to making a player see out the contract.

I think this attitude reflects society and its why we live in a word where a mans word is no longer his bond. My one pet hate is for some to agree to something and then change their mind when something better comes along. Make a commitment and stick it out. Sometimes the hard times are what makes or breaks a person. I agree that a club needs to live up to its promise but an individual cant cry foul if it gets a bit tough and hard. Every paid player at a club has an obligation to make it a better place and give something back.
by lovetotalkfooty
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Reckon Ryan Mckee might have it, if not wants it.

I think it's now official - Ryan McKee now coach of Blodge
Good appointment. Good luck, hopefully regardless of how they perform, he still lovestotalkfooty. 8)

A great bloke and im sure he will make a great coach. Hope he can get the support of the playing group and convince a few to stay. All the best to him.

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. I am not sure 100% sure what the club's playing stock is going to look like in 2018 but what I do know is that the club will have 2 committed coaches who will do everything in its power to ensure we move in the right direction.

I am looking forward to working with all the players who have committed for 2018 as these players are part of the solution. To the players who don't want to be part of the solution then realise you are the part of the problem. When you are part of the problem you don't get to set the agenda and have everything your way.
by lovetotalkfooty
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Common sense prevails and Callum Hays life ban from the SAAFL is overturned.
Another gun for Salisbury North too make they’re side even stronger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by the joker
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

The real question is why? I think the 2020 season is just about done! To much at stake to try and continue at this point.

With ZERO cases in the state clubs and leagues need to be asking why not? Can you imagine in July on a chilly but fine Saturday, with all restrictions pretty much lifted, not heading out to watch some footy?

At the very least Juniors should be playing, I just went past a school at lunchtime with kids playing full contact footy. I feel for the Yank juniors, perhaps a club down the road might be getting a few enquiries.
by Dutchy
Mon May 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2021

Bigshow82 wrote:Can Tim Kelly score over 103 to score an upset win against Mods?

Hope so. Straycat Stuggle.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hogg Division III 2022

updated
by Rik E Boy
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Its a Grand Old Hogg - 2022 Grand Final

2022 Grand Finals

Hogg Premier - Delicious vs. Mediocre at Best
Hogg Division I - JOBBY THE GOAT vs. Poon Army
Hogg Division II - kiwi Krappers vs. PunknChump
Hogg Division III - ?
Piglet Shield - Poon Army vs. Ugly Ducklings
Hogg Division IV - harryshawks vs. Moneybrawl
Hogg Division V - bont's neighbour vs. Port Power Champs

regards,

REB

Div III is Greedy Guns vs Blighty Teasdale

Cheers mate. I was fairly sure you beat my mate Steph with the way you've been scoring in recent weeks. Good luck against Blighty.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2022

by wooly
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |