Search found more than 11362 matches

Return

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

Perhaps a clue in dissidents original post. The old forum was a bitch to maintain, the new one isn't. It's not all about you, princess!
by smac
Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Ok. So I was just made the OH&S officer literally 5 minutes ago to increase my value to the company, as my GM put it.

I asked him a few questions and he answered honestly, I think. But I just want to get some other peoples point of view.

The main query is what sort of liability I have if and when someone hurts themselves at my workplace?

My GM said very little would fall on me, and that himself and the company would be the ones responsible for any penalty.

I, however, would be the one submitting the reports to Safework SA and Work Cover.

Does anyone know a little about this, and could summarise potential downfalls of this new role?

Cheers

Get your official training done ASAP, you must be given 5 days off to complete it. Basically a week off work, you will get bombarded with info etc, but you learn everything that you need to know to keep your head above water so to speak.
by mickey
Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Brodlach wrote:No salary cap at South?

Even by usual West standards, this is a bit early for Salary Cap whinging ;)
by JK
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Browny25 wrote:Anyone played golf in Las Vegas? Suggestions??

Don't know you but I hate you for even getting to ask this question
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

am Bays wrote:The so called "footy experts" on here and other sites guessing/specualting who the Glenelg coach is.

NFI!

I know. Anyone who knows anything about football is wasting their expertise on Glenelg.

:D
by Booney
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Turnover of SANFL Coaches

With Stevens appointed at Glenelg I would rank the appointed coaches this years as:
1. Gotch - Significant AFL experience which is what South were chasing. Gave up a really good role he was currently in to take it on.
2. Mickan - Not far behind. Proven to be a quality SANFL coach and clearly miles in front of Massie. Experienced and proven, but may also have been a bit of an easy option to go to. Hope he was convincing with his future plans.
3. Stevens - based on Glenelg's media release (biased I know) they seem impressed by his TAC cup involvement and his duties at Richmond. Hope they have not been sucked in to hiring a coach because he was a good player.
4. Mcgregor - Only one year at Port but had a pretty good squad to work with. Other clubs have been quick to chase many of these players and there are 12-15 quality players amongst them. Didn't think he did any better than Bamford in his time there and Ken's coaching CV is a bit skinny apart from Magpies role.

Not much between 1 & 2 but would have them clearly ahead of others IMHO.

The Gays have the stand out mini league coach, he's super qualified :lol:
This bloke was so smart he walked out on all the hard work that he and his mates put in for years, couldn't see the Flag on offer the next season, walked into a dead end situation with a club on it's knees ....... smart man!
And how's this guy an upgrade on the last? Anyone want to get their hands dirty?
Only GFC could pass up experienced local older types for a Victorian Turncoat chasing credibility.
the bloke suffered a neck injury that threatened both his career and mobility, then returned to play good afl footy, i reckon he's got credibility ticked.
He worked under hardwick at richmond, a former glenelg player and respected afl coach, who no doubt was listed as a credible reference. I think that puts him ahead of massie who fell into the league job.
And if you saw the flag going power's way in 04, I'm sure you are happily retired now given the life savings you had on them at the juicy pre-season odds on offer.
Truth is, I don't even chuckle at your insecurity anymore. And yes, I used to.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Rest of Australia feels the same way about port v crows.
by The Sleeping Giant
Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

Adelaide is a shite hole, but good to see it rates for a visit for some cheap plonk and a new stadium that no one wants. Ok for a one off visit, but terrible place to live .

see, I'd have it the other way around

wouldn't bother visiting as a tourist, but great place to live

Same here, love living here but wouldn't visit Adelaide if I lived elsewhere in a million years, just no reason to come here.
by Wedgie
Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Why would Port Adelaide care to bring a sponsor to provide coverage of the SANFL?

Unless by Port Adelaide Rucci means Port Board Member and McGuire Media CEO Cos Cardone?

Exactly what would the SANFL be getting for $1 million?

It all sounds good, but like many things SANFL, lacking in the detail.
by Aerie
Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

How many people there are in this world that cant give up 1 minute of their day to respect our fallen.

Seriously....
by valleys07
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The opening of parliament tomorrow!
Will Tony turn up?? it will be must viewing and joe back peddling like you have never seen.
by shoe boy
Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ron Fuller to Coach Sturt U18s

holden78 wrote:Ron is excellent coaching young lads but doesn't always deal well with older stronger minded players.
Premierships at Flinders Park and the Eagles U17's ( x3) is quite a body of work that is hard to argue with, he should do a nice job for Sturt!

Who hacked holdens account?
by Booney
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

Points! woot woot. What a boring summer at Adelaide Oval coming up...
by Trader
Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

It's a shame to see Swann get smacked around :p
by RustyCage
Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MEMBERSHIPS SEASON 2014

Get ready for the "begging" emails, "We need your membership more now than ever". **** you. Made your bed, lie in it.
by The Sleeping Giant
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keith Conlon off the radio as of 9am tomorrow.
The biggest interrupting know-all I've ever heard.
Faaaark off.
by Spargo
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
dedja wrote:Monty thinks he's hot shit then notices the scoreboard ... oh hang on

:D :D

the field setting for steve smith looks like cook thinks monty is bowling like warnie

Either that or he thinks Smith bats like Chris Martin
by daysofourlives
Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unlucky

Mal
by scoob
Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

******* CARS THAT ******* BREAK DOWN IN 40 DEGREE WEATHER CAUSING SQUIDS TO WAIT IN THE ******* HEAT FOR THE RAA THEN THE TOW TRUCK CARS CAN GO AND GET ****** AND SO CAN THE SUN
by Squids
Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People that leave trolleys in car park spaces should be shot.
by Squids
Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cool change
by Squids
Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

And that leads to an interesting question ... do people support a club or a competition?

From my pre-media days I certainly was more concerned about HOW my team played, rather that WHO my team played.

I no longer feel any love or joy for the SANFL and South Australian football as a whole.
I still hope my club wins but will not be supporting it financially.
So it was with raised eyebrows I received the latest email from the club (admittedly written by a CEO who was not in the chair when the fateful decision was made) reaching out to members:

"What can we do to make Glenelg supporters Glenelg Football Club members? We need to make a Glenelg Football Club membership a desired commodity. We need to provide a member with more benefits and a great experience every time they visit the facility. We need to make our members feel they have ownership of the venue (which they effectively do), so they continue to support it, win or lose, 52 weeks a year."

What can you do? You can give them a voice and listen to them when they speak.

This horse has bolted.
by Harry the Horse
Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graeme Swann retires?????

mal wrote:Is this the scenario ?
Swann is about to be dropped for his deplorable 7 wkts at 80.0 this series ?
So he is considering or has retired as a consequence ?

You know going crap when you are about to be dropped for Monty
by Jim05
Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The new cheesy Holden ads that claim "Holdens will still be here", comedy gold
by Jim05
Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jacques Kallis Retires

Spargo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Greatest all rounder I gave ever seen play

Without doubt.

x2.

13000+ Test runs, combined with nearly 300 Test wickets spells 'class' in my book.
by Failed Creation
Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jacques Kallis Retires

Agreed, champion cricketer, embarrassing rug, rootable missus ...
by dedja
Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

Any chance that Mark Nicholas could faark off back to Hampshire?
by dedja
Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shattered to hear that Kerry O'Keefe is calling it quits at end of the series
by Jim05
Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:Why can't people who sit near the sightscreen stay sill when the bowler is running into bowl ffs, idiots.

on the contrary, why do they all of a sudden have to have 100m wide sightscreens and restricting seats where people could sit? what was wrong with the old sightscreens?
by bennymacca
Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can people please like this post for me, thank you.
by Squids
Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First poster on Safooty.net to reach 100 likes 8)

#qualityposter
#modmaterial
by Squids
Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

What an absolute ******* disgrace. Half the ******* team up their own ******* arses and a ******* joke of a senior thwarting coach
How can a team d so ******* bad. ******* rabble who ducking thought a they had to do was ******* turn up. Taught a fu king lesson by a team that isn't that good but respect the *******
Three ******* lions my ******* arse, get back to the shithole IPL you ******* parasitic tossers with no ******* balls.

5 ******* 0
by johntheclaret
Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:They call them pints also (or 15's)
Their pot = our schooner (10's)
Their glass = our butcher (7's).

Cheers, buying the correct size beer is the hardest part about travelling around Australia :lol:
by RustyCage
Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Yes, I'm already delayed by about 6 months for one reason or another...

My missus was delayed for a few months once or twice, and now I have two kids...
by Pseudo
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multi bets

Spargo wrote:
beeroclock wrote:How you going with these Spargs?

Like a busted arse!
Having said that, if I can get the 2 horse legs up, I reckon the others will go pretty close this weekend.

Two legs up is a good weekend for a lot of people.
by PatowalongaPirate
Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

The Van Berlo injury is good news if anyone still cares about winning in the SANFL - it makes the Ravens significantly weaker as now their best midfielder is replaced by someone not up to SANFL standard for the whole season (probably).
Another example that the competition is now a shambles.
by Ecky
Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

LOL, straight from Wikipedia ...

Bernard Tomic (/tɔːmɪk/; Croatian: Bernard Tomić; born 21 October 1992) is an Australian unprofessional tennis player who as of August 2013 is ranked World No. 57 by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
by dedja
Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

I like the Big Bash I just hate all the bullshit with it

its like channel ten are trying too hard to make it fun.

a case in point is mark waugh and fleming. fleming is a gun commentator on radio, he really knows his stuff. but they have obviously been told to lighten up the commentary a bit, but that just means that try and pay each other out in an incredibly unfunny way.

same with that F grade celebrity in the crowd for the catch thing. its actually a pretty decent idea in theory, but crossing to the family is just painful, and half the people dont know the first thing about cricket and dont have any idea why they are there.

i.e when bernie vince was there, he was actually pretty good, but there was some old dude who couldnt even talk let alone stand up and catch the bloody thing.
by bennymacca
Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A young Catholic girl went to confession and said to the priest, "I'm pregnant."
He asked, "How did this happen, my child?"
She said, "I think it must have been the second coming."
The priest, shocked by this reply, asked, "What makes you think this has anything to do with the Second Coming?"
She replied, "Because I swallowed the first one!!"
by locky801
Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Survey

sjt wrote:Done. I didn't notice who constructed the survey.

It did not say.

I reckon it might be the boards of the six yes voters because there is a rumour that some people feel that the AFL reserves is not in keeping with the wishes of club members. Just a rumour.
by DOC
Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:Eugenie Bouchard... yum.

by Q.
Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yeah someone that loses 9-7 in the 5th after winning 25 straight matches at the aussie open.

some choke.

you guys are harsh critics.
by bennymacca
Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 Allan Border Medal

Does anyone rate or GAF about this? I don't....
by westcoastpanther
Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love to see the great Fed go all the way...
by woodublieve12
Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Squids wrote:Biggest load of bollocks 'gen y' 'gen x'

people are **** heads, no matter when they were born
by HH3
Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI Series v England

I'd love for one day get all SAFooty posters in a bar with a few beers to discuss these issues be a pisser of a night I reckon!
by carey
Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GONG or Wronggggggg

Alex Doolan
Has recently been compared to Mark Waugh in the press :roll:
From what I've seen , he has not got what it takes to be a successful long term Test cricketer
by mal
Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |