Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: St Kilda 2013

Gee what a shock that another club surviving on AFL handouts can find the money to pay out a coach, $400-450k handout coming their way.
Im glad our fine is being put to good use
by Jim05
Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Biggest bunch of whingers ITT

The world will not implode when the crows reserves come in.

Similarly, Adelaide Crowval is pretty cringeworthy but it's just a bit of marketing fun they picked up from twitter, they aren't about to go around and call it that in every press conference.

I think once next season gets underway people will wonder what all the fuss was about
by bennymacca
Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not surprised Centrals aren't supplying any players because I don't think they've got any left!
by Wedgie
Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why do so many posters on here have a go at the crows for having a reserves side in the SANFL when the AFL club they support (some very passionately) do the exact same thing with the VFL. Are they on the VFL forum saying that Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood etc should not be in the VFL & its an absolute disgrace that they are. Hypocrisy is the word that comes to mind.
by cracka
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the funny thing about this situation is how everyone is still here. If it was that bad and you had been so screwed over like your all carrying on about, then you wouldn't be here, you would of walked away by now. So either walk away or get over it. It's done and won't be change.
by kickinit
Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

topsywaldron wrote:The relentless f*ckwitdness of the Crows and Power supporters on this thread reminds me what we've lost when we admitted their f*cktard ilk into the SANFL.

By the looks of the above post (and most of the non crows & power supporters posts) they are no orphans.
by cracka
Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Met rowey and had a beer with him at one of those brewery days at west end last year. Seemed like a nice bloke.

Gotta remember he would be asked to take a different side of the argument to bone quite often so they get a discussion going. Even if he agrees with bone privately.
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Who da **** is dmac

stop commenting in the crows threads if you dont know
by bennymacca
Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

Had to move house because he ran out of Cola.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
by smac
Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

Anyone else notice most Crows and Port supporters lack a sense of humour.
Also have noticed Swans fans don't have a sense of humour, just have to mention how the COLA is equivalent to cheating. :D

On the contrary. I think it's hilarious, especially when it has only become an issue since Sydney won a premiership.
On the contrary to your contrary, I think most people (not west coast & Hawthorn fans obviously) were happy Sydney finally won some flags. It has more been an issue since the dodgy back door recruiting of Tippet & Buddy.
by cracka
Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geelong got most of their goals on the back of Crow turnovers, we were terrible. Do they train with footies? Can't see Cats threatening the top sides this year either.
by westcoastpanther
Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

daysofourlives wrote:Are the two AFL clubs top up players included in their AFL salary cap?
If not why not? They are an essential part of the AFL clubs development

Probably the same reasons why Box Hill players not on Hawthorns list are not included in their salary cap.
by cracka
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

For those that can't or won't move on, who have protested by not buying their club's membership this year, won't go to Port or Crows SANFL games, or for those that just need a place to sook.

Here you go.
by dedja
Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

As much as I was not in favour of the two afl teams having reserves sides in the sanfl. Those sanfl supporters who continually bagg the clubs are generally other afl club supporters. Now please bear in mind most afl clubs have reserves in the state league competition.Are you happy that they have invaded the old vfa as well or is that differant.
by philcas
Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't really agree with crows bias in the tiser - their chief football writer is a huge port man.

Contrary to what idiots like jim think I haven't seen anyone rate the crows that highly. Bottom half of the eight if we play well has always been the best case scenario

Jenkins played really well today, forward line looked much better with him giving a contest and betts and pods also looked dangerous
by bennymacca
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So 6/10 experts from the most crows bias paper (according to user from this forum) said they'd make the 8. Well that's it then compelling evidence. When I get the chance I'll check the herald sun.
The Advertiser is definately a very Crows bias paper. I remember the Power beating the Crows in the showdown last year and the Advertiser was littered with articles about how the Crows lost and about their finals hopes etc and still being alive.. very little attention given to the Power on their win

Kidding aren't you, Rucci is the biggest port supporter going around, and he writes like it too, biased. Tredrea and Riccutio are they only ones i like to read
by Lethal Dose
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a crock of $hit. 3500 would be an average to reasonable crowd at Unley. A good crowd would be 4500-5000.
I'm sick of how these two AFL clubs and the AFL as a whole corrupt facts and figures to spin bull$hit.
Anyone who was at Unley on Saturday would tell you that there'd be lucky to be 500 Adelaide supporters there and that'd be counting the supporters with both Adelaide and Sturt clobber on.

3500 is a good crowd at unley. Only avg 2580 there last year with the highest attendance being 3406 and only 3 games in the 3k mark.

If the above is correct more people went to a Sturt home game on Sat than all of last year and North had its biggest home game crowd in almost 2 years and people are still whinging about it. Also worth noting that both record crowds were against a team that only had 200 or so supporters attending.

North 1st home crowd
Sat 13 April 2013 Rd 3 v Sturt - 3,301
Sat 31 March 2012 Rd 2 v South 2,173

Rd 7 Sat 18 May 2013 v Eagles - 3,131
Rd 11 Sun 16 June 2013 v Central - 3,493* highest Prospect crowd of the season
Rd 20 Sat 17 Aug 2013 v Eagles - 1,568

As mentioned in another topic biggest crowd in last 2 years was Sat 9 June 2012 Rd 11 v Norwood 4,134

Playing the Crows Reserves is a novelty. It will very very quickly wear off.

so before the start of the season no one was going to attend games, but now it's because it's a novelty? Seriously how many more excuses are you guys going to come up with. Maybe it's because there are supporters out there that have moved on and just want to support there club.
by kickinit
Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What I find amusing is that last year some of the AFL listed players were referred to as Hacks that were barely up to SANFL reserves standard, but this year they are all full time professionals. Perhaps the Hacks were delisted in the off season?
by Gravel
Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Again Kickinit heads off on the completely wrong tangent :roll:

Get it back to the thread topic or it will be locked.....
Maybe you should try deleting his posts if you feel he is constantly taking threads off topic.

What's the point of having rules if all you want to do is lock a thread when a habitual troll is only interested in ...... Trolling
Hey guess what... That's another rule of the site isn't it, no trolling.

Come on Mods, do the right thing and get these idiots off the boards

Half the threads will be locked if they did that and that many posts would be deleted threads wouldn't make sense.

It's only a page or two ago that some ass clown said anyone who barracks for Port isn't a true SA football fan. Not sure if thats Pure troll or some mentally challenged muppet on a keyboard but at the end of the day I think you just have to laugh it off.

I find it hilarious the amount of people on the site who feel they have the right to tell people who, how and what they should support and how specific supporting can validate your legitimacy and right to be qualified to class yourself as a true supporter. IMO people are entitled to barrack for whoever they want, whenever they want.

I have a couple of mates who actually tell me "you are not allowed to barrack for the Crows"and get genuinely upset :roll: . So if Port aren't playing and they play a Vic/WA team I can't barrack for the Crows? I have gold Adelaide oval passes, my fiancé loves the Crows (she's not that bright) and we go to 8-10 games a year. I think that means I show more support to the Crows than I do to a lot of my over opinionated mates do their own band of beloved.

Sorry for getting off topic Mods but I just wanted to make a point and every time someone gets on here and talks up the Crows/Power reserves they don't deserve to have their integrity challenged.
by wristwatcher
Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

seriously, another forum???
by woodublieve12
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

End of the 1st Qtr

With a shortened season, we are now a quarter of the way through.

Port Reserves looking like they might run away with it due to their unrealistic advantage. They are a able to draw on their AFL stars whilst topping up with experience, hardened SANFL players. People may well talk about how the Reserve Clubs will be affected as injuries mount to their respective AFL sides but in Port's case it seems they have this covered by the level of SANFL players retained on their list. This year might be a learning curve for the SANFL committee who, hopefully, will address the balance next year. Forecast finish 1st

Adelaide Crows Reserves are pretty much where most people expected them to be. Whilst they can be competitive as the win two week's ago proved, they won't dominate the league in the same way that Port will do this year. They also have the disadvantage of the quality of stock available when injuries mount in their AFL side. You would expect Adelaide to finish in the bottom 3 which will be perfectly acceptable for a development squad. Forecast finish 9th

Of the two "no voters" South is doing rather well and outperformed most peoples expectations including I suspect, many South supporters.
Eddy for the Panthers has been a revelation this year and his goals have been instrumental in their success. The whole club seems to have lifted and got behind a relatively unknown and unproven coach. Free flowing and the ability to kick goals in abundance should see South there or there abouts come season end. Their big problem, just like every other club in the league, will be how they fair when the injuries pile up. This week saw them lose 3 to injury. Having to play with a depleted bench for more than half a game is tough for any team. The fact that South came back to snatch the lead again before succumbing to a couple of late goals show the determination they this year, when in the same circumstances in previous years would have seen them roll over and lose by a much bigger margin. Forecast finish 4th

Centrals haven't recovered from the loss of the Gowan twins along with some other inspirational players and their new recruits don't appear to have the same drive and determine as the old guard which has turned attention onto their coach Roy Laird. Laird has been a fantastic coach for Centrals making him one of the most successful coaches in SANFL history and the dominance of the Centals side through the noughties was record breaking. To sustain that level of dominance year after year is impossible. Ask Man Utd. Centrals had a group of players that stood out from the rest, not just a couple of great players like most clubs have but a team of great players. There was always going to be a time when these great players retired or moved on and Centrals were never going to be able to replace them. It's a rebuilding time for the Dogs which might take a few years and maybe a new Coach, but to panic now and remove mid season would be a mistake. Forecast finish 8th

Woodville West Torrens hVe been there or thereabouts for a few years now, often the bridesmaid and it looks like they will miss out again this year. Wundke, Ainger and Grocke provide a potent forward line up as proved this week with 8 goal between them and at full strength the Eagles will be difficult to beat. They have a settled squad and have made some good acquisitions this year to strengthen that squad. It's hard to see anyone other than Port from denying then top spot . Forecast finish 2nd

Premiers Norwood are proving disappointing this year and whilst Redleg fans might point to the fact they suffered heavy losses of stock during the closed season, I might be fair to say that the new recruits don't understand or aren't skilled enough to execute the Norwood gameplan. Couple this to a very inexperienced coach who is trying to carry on the same strategy that worked so well for two seasons under Bassett and you seem to end up with a mix that is no longer stopping sides from scoring and not scoring big themselves. It is possible that playing a gameplan and coaching a gameplan are not necessarily complimentary. Forecast finish 5th

Sturt are another that has surprised many so far. They were expected to struggle more this year than last after losing so many back to their club in the Crows. They did however recruit very well, particularly from Port Adelaide and are playing some very attractive footy. Hard at the ball and the man, they are also very quick at moving the ball forward. When they have the ball they create spare men to give it to and when they don't have the ball they are very aggressive at closing the opposition down and winning it back. A traditional SANFL approach that has somewhat been lost over the years, and importantly, they play and look like a team. Forecast finish 3rd

Glenelg were a bit of an enigma. Made some big signings and looked like they meant business. After last season they had to do something about strengthening the squad but to many Bays fans the problems at the club ran deeper than the lack of skill on the oval. Apart from one upset, there doesn't appear to be enough changes in the mentality st the club for them to pull away from the foot of the table. With the likes of big Clint Alleway they have the capacity to kick a big score but many would also question whether players like Alleway, in the twilight of their career have the stamina and the desire to perform at SANFL level. The other problem for Glenelg is that their Spoon rivals in both South and Sturt have significantly improved this year. Forecast finish 10th

Westies started the season with confidence. They had a new coach and looked like they were building on what they had achieved over the last two seasons. Injuries have hurt them and it is hard to see where they will be come the final day. What does seem to be disappointing, not only to most watchers from other clubs but to a growing number of their own fans, is that the gamplan seems be to be the same flooding defensive approach. Still came back this week and kicked a hatful of goals and maybe with a few others coming in West may develop a more attacking style. Four straight loses at the beginning of a 20 game season might have left them with a gap to far to have an impact on the finals this year. Forecast finish 7th

North just beggar to deceive. One week irrepressible, the next week a basket case. Personally I am not convinced about the coach yet. He was from Port yet Strurt seem to get the best named recruits. We have been flattered by the scoreboard more than once this year Sturt being the latest and we don't fight enough we we are in possession. Injuries are racking up forcing North to play inexperienced youngsters which have made an impact on the performances but the big worry is the reaction from the experienced players out there. Our skill levels, which have been a bit up and down fro years, seemed to have dropped as does our kicking and decision making. still in the five just, but North Re likely to be one of a bunch who will fight it out for 5th place. Forecast finish 6th

One thing has stood out as a big positive this year in that all 8 SANFL clubs are competing on a level playing field without the advantage or disadvantage of the influence AFL listed players had in previous years. Unfortunately there seems to be far more negatives with the current situation which will need to be addressed for next season if the SANFL are to have any chAnce of surviving.
by johntheclaret
Sun May 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

Please talk about the match and use the other threads for whinging....thanks
by Dutchy
Wed May 07, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by johntheclaret
Sun May 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Impey - 8 touches, and 5 clangers. Did lay 6 tackles though.
Betts - 19 touches, 4 goals, 4 inside 50s.

Not that I really need stats. It was clear on the day who won the battle.
You have to be fishing!
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never Tear Up our Tarps *

Don’t ask us
What we know is true
Don’t have to tell us
We’ve blown our golden start

We
We were flying
We were there
Top four was calling
I hope they never tear up our Tarps!

We could play
Against any team
Easy to hurt us
Just say One Nineteen

I told you
The Oval’s a hit
But if we don’t have wins
It will all turn to shiiiiit!

We
We were flying
We were there
Top four was calling
I hope they never tear up our Tarps!

regards,

REB

*apologies to INXS
by Rik E Boy
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

According to a radio sports show (not sure which as was flicking between AA and MMM) that Sando and the board had differing opinions on what direction they needed to go with the playing group.

Now Rowe is saying it's all Triggs fault. McDermott is pretty fired up about it

Sando probably told them the truth about where the playing squad is actually at in the real world.

Other way round whufc....
by mickey
Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

I guess roo didn't want Bomber
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Would love to have a candid chat with Dangerfield about all of this.

He seems like the type of guy who would love his name in the media every day...so I dare say he would be enjoying it.
by MW
Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Name your top 3 in 2015. The rest doesn't count.

This thread is about the top three teams for 2015. Let's get it back to that please.
by RustyCage
Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

RB wrote:What's your other interest, Dogger?

being negative & miserable.
by CENTURION
Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Just **** LOL at that summary BM.

You dont recruit 2 fringe players from the best team the comp has ever seen and not play them. Cheney will finish top 10 in your B&F and Lowden will play every game.
Podsiadly is finished
Jaensch/ Shaw not up to it.
Betts goes missing when it counts against the good teams.
Walker will never challenge for the Coleman, i must have missed when he ever has, he's just not that good. On par with Waite.
The entire midfield burns the footy by foot.

Having said that they will make the 8, the beauty of the "fixture"

wow....

Ever???

Essendon 1985
Hawthorn 1989
West Coast 1994
Carlton 1995
Essendon 2000
Brisbane 2001
Geelong 2007
Collingwood 2010

All have these Hawks covered. Standard of the league is shit now with 18 teams. Daisy trolling again.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Forgot to add source of crowd figures http://australianfootball.com/seasons/season/sanfl/107/premiership%2Bseason/3/3/2012/basic#qualifying-final

Yeah the days prior to the Adelaide Oval redevelopment were great for watching finals double headers. Great crowds and atmosphere. The potential if the games were held on a Saturday.

Once Glenelg are in the finals crowds increase - sacking Mickan, well you still have wonder at that decision.

Get the comp right, do some decent promotion and with the new stadium the SANFL can get some great crowds.
by wild dog
Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

2016 week1: 8,351 week 2: both at Adelaide Oval
2015 week1: 8,031 week 2: 9,247 both at Adelaide Oval
2014 week1: 12,147 week 2: 13,431 both at Adelaide Oval
2013 week1: 5,866 week 2: 9,248 both at Football Park Poor finals crowds but GF Norwood v North 36,685
2012 week 1 7,126 week 2: 10,284 both at Football Park
2011 week1: 9,192 week 2: 11,443 both at Football Park
2010 week1: 11,449 week 2: 13,162 both at Football Park
2009 week1: 10,192 week 2: 14,207 both at Football Park
2008 week1: 15,825 week 2: 22,568 both at Adelaide Oval Port v Norwood, Central v Sturt; Sturt v Norwood, Glenelg v Central
2007 week1: 11,746 week 2: 14,764 both at Adelaide Oval
2006 week1: 11,902 week 2: 9,328 both at Adelaide Oval
2005 week1: 9,434 Adelaide Oval week 2: 12,056 Football Park
2004 week1: 11,842 Adelaide Oval week 2: 13,081 Football Park
2003 week1: 6,211 Football Park week 2: 8,145 Football Park - Top 4, both stand alone games
2002 week1: 10,765 week 2: 12,467 both at Football Park
2001 week1: 10,898 week 2: 18,463 both at Football Park
2000 week1: 15,539 week 2: 20,321 both at Football Park

Norwood West defensive zone game starts to take effect from 2012.
2014 Adelaide Oval redevelopment
Important dates beyond footy. Great financial crash 2009-2013 GMH goes from 3 shifts to sharing shifts.
by wild dog
Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |