Return

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

Still composing himself........
by DOC
Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

RustyCage wrote:He played in the reserves on the weekend.

In the power's reserves in the league or in the power's reserves reserves in the reserves?
by SANFLnut
Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

Lack of forward line cost us as expected. Midfield was a lot poorer in getting the ball out of stoppages and delivering it than I expected. Oh well. Guess the doomsdayers were wrong.

No, the fact that Port people don't care the Magpies lost is proof the doomsayers were spot on.

I'm a port person and I care that we lost, so your post is now void. Nice try at being a troll though.

You'd be in a very small minority. Well done .

Btw I don't troll supporters of reseves teams, I do have standards you know.
by topsywaldron
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Rematch

DOC wrote:

When has Port played on ANZAC Day?

25 April.
by Rising Power
Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I still think the AFL clubs overreacted a bit in wanting the reserves. I know the best policy for clubs is to play the same style across all grades, so it's hard to argue there wouldn't be benefit for them. But in terms of player development I'd doubt it's as good for them. Look how much better blokes like Thompson and Porplyzia are playing back with their SANFL clubs, much better than they were last season.

In the mid-2000's the Victorian footy media were all bemoaning the advantage Port and Adelaide had with their players developing against men in the SANFL. Then they go and draft blokes like Hitchcock, Butcher, Nick Gill, James Sellar etc, - Their problems stemmed from who they drafted, not from having a reserves team imho.

I don't think either scenario ticks every box for the AFL clubs.
by JK
Mon May 18, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The irony is so thick you could cut it with a metaphorical knife, literally.
by Magellan
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

We beat the Power before it was cool.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is all very constructive. I think we're close to resolving this.

=)) =)) =)) =))
by Booney
Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Fair to say after standing in the outer, watching ordinary footy, wooden spoons and near misses for 32 years I am so emotional at the moment I can bearly string a sentence together. Yelled my head off and have no voice but winning today makes it all worth while. Got to share a grand final victory with my two sons which is indescribable.

I'm so proud of these lads and where they came from last season. Was not a fan of the Mickan appointment but he certainly has made me eat my words. Well done to Mark.

Cannot believe I can say "we are the premiers"
by Brodlach
Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

Glenelg lost people with the appalling way that they chose to treat their members with the refusal to allow them any say in the vote on admitting the AFC to the SANFL, it would be fair to say the GFC had the worst 'consultation' of any of the clubs and members were openly treated with contempt. - The same group of members the board needs to step in and save the club.
I don't know that Glenelg's was the worst. IIRC Sturt didn't even 'consult' with its members; the Blues delegate voted Yes and that was it.

Not trying to defend Glenelg here. I know a number of people who dropped membership as a result of Chiggy's vote. This number would not be a majority, but significant nonetheless. I imagine the same is true of the membership of the other 5 bendover clubs.

At that information night Chiggy expressed grave concern for the future of the club and the league in its then-current state and opined that admitting the clowns into the league would breathe new life into it: media coverage would increase, the Clowns would help promote games at Glenelg, interest in the league would rise, and the Clowns would pay all SANFL clubs for the privilege of playing in the league.

Fair to say that after 2 years very little of this has eventuated. Media coverage is no greater; apart from a single page of writeups hidden 20 pages deep in the sport section and a ten-second recital of scores from around the grounds on the evening news bulletin, there is nothing - unless there is either news pertinent to the clowns or the smears (Jpod pushing for selection after 10 goal bag!), or significant bad news concerning one of the sovereign clubs (Bays/Eagles/Bloods up against the wall!). I have seen no attempt by either AFL club to promote games in the zones of the clubs in which they are scheduled to play. Allegedly some clowns players turned up at a shopping mall with a few Bays players once ... but I've yet to hear of AFL clubs visiting the school at which my kids attend - something which was promised at the information night. I have received free tickets to Glenelg games from the school - but never for games against interlopers (not that I'd use them). Heck, the Eagles did their own promotion of games against AFL clubs in their zone to good effect - did the AFL clubs do anything? Interest in the league has noticeably decreased. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the clowns have close to zero support at SANFL games - a far cry from the promised 4000 per game. A cursory analysis of crowd statistics shows that the smears have the second-worst away game attendance of all participating teams; the average attendance at home games involving AFL clubs in the 2015 season was below average for all but one of the sovereign SANFL clubs. Presumably the clubs are getting their 50000 pieces of silver from the clowns - one wonders how much of this is eroded by abandoned membership money, and reduced take at the game from the people who are not attending. From all reports the other interloper has not paid a cent, and is doing its best to weasel out of honouring its financial agreement. You make a deal with the devil, you get what you deserve.

Perhaps Glenelg would still be up the creek if the interlopers had never been admitted, perhaps not. Certainly one thing would be different if Chiggy (and his mates on the SANFL commission) had voted NO: Glenelg would be facing death on its feet, instead of on its knees.
by Pseudo
Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Me and my mate were seduced with complimentary passes from the SANFL so we headed down all i can say is never never again.

How does a SANFL team compete against a complete team of AFL ANABOLIC STEROIDIC MUTANT FAAARKKKSSSS blind freddy could see the diference from the first bounce.

All i can say is fa fa fa FAARKKK OFF AFL fa fa FAARKFFF OFF SANFL FAAARKKKK OFF you PARASITIC EXOTIC CONTAGION.

JUST FAAAARRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOFFFF OUT OF OUR COMPETITION.

Well done SANFL everything is aligning up for FAAAARKKKKK Grand Final

Kudos to the SANFL TRIGGY and all the the other AFL toadies and ARSE BENDERS well done too all

FAAAAAARKKKKKKKKKKKOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!

Centrals beat the Adelaide Reserves by 55 points in R13 with 18 afl listed players playing on a Ground more suitable to Afl players
been able to exploit their superior skill and fitness levels so this shows your team was more than capable of winning today it just had its worse game of the season in a final.

before you get upset i did not want the AFL reserves in the comp and very happy South say No and i expect South to win even with 18/19 afl listed players playing.
by clanger
Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Adelaide AO Sunday 12:10

If Cows beat Nth Melbourne - Ravens by 6 to 10 goals
If Roos win - South comfortably
by LPH
Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/crows-and-ma

Great article, pity about a lot of the dim witted comments below it. Not sure if it cut pasted properly, hard on the phone)http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/crows-and-magpies-should-be-banned-from-playing-sanfl-finals-says-cara-jenkin/news-story/b0e588db09e062cb778a20c6b8a4bebc

Maybe some posters from here can comment on the site?
To borrow from 'Doddy' on the Elim final thread...

"Don't wrestle with a pig folks, you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it." :D

Thoughtful article though.

That said, just taking these reserves sides out of the finals equation is all well and good. Trouble is, it still leaves clubs that are not 100% focussed on the SANFL League Flag influencing the final ladder positions of those that can and should be focussed on that prize.

We got a taste in the last third of last season what the Ravens were capable of when it suited them. Second to bottom after R13 with just two and a half wins, one of those against the "Magpies". They finished off the season from that point scoring at 2:1 to their opponents on average, just dipping out on finals - with notably superior percentage to Centrals.
by StrayDog
Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My pleasure. The average IQ on this thread is pretty low, so perhaps not obvious to all...

What'll you all talk about next season when the Crows and Power 2nds fail to make the finals???

Well one of them has made it each year so far. They might both make it next year, who knows and not the main point. What some on here fail to comprehend, is this thread wasn't started after Port made the GF in 2014, or after the Crows made the finals this year. We've been talking about this, the worst decision in SANFL history, before they entered and very week since their entry.
Exactly.
Our gripe is with their very existence in our league. Any success they have while sucking the blood out of our great comp is all insult to injury. Having said that, just about ANYTHING they do while sucking the blood out of our great comp is all insult to injury. This includes not trying, resting key players mid-game for duties in another league, coaches leaving mid-game because they have better things to do, consistent lack of atmosphere, lack of support from their fans, broken promises about promotion, saturating what media space should be devoted to our great comp with boring chatter about individuals showing promise in the reserves, moving games for their convenience, ridiculous scheduling of byes to satisfy their selfish fat bellies after they have gobbled up every other benefit that dared be noticed by their greedy want-everything-all-the-time tiny little brains... and the whole bloody time we just want them to bugger off and leave the competition untainted by their gerrymandering, meddling, contriving, inconsistent and mostly ignorant tampering of the game of football.
The SANFL is a completely different shape to the hole the AFL wants to jam it in, but they are too stupid or oblivious to understand that.
by therisingblues
Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Sandy wrote:I will be sending a message to the SANFL with my concerns also. Keep your fingers crossed that there will be a change of heart.

When Olsen finds his heart I'm sure he'll tell you he's open to changing it. Particularly if he gets a good enough offer for it.
by Magellan
Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

No should I buy one to get the footy scores?
Radio can introduce new people to the competition plus AFL is everywhere on radio.
The SANFL is in serious decline where are new followers coming from?
by VALE PARK
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

The SANFL. What a shit show it’s been since Olsen took over.
by Aerie
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

What still bothers me is how the commission sent this to an independent umpire who could not apply a result that that he said it should have been. They could have made that decision themselves. Olsen has to go.
by goddy11
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

Frampton is a fair dinkum cockhead.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Jus to seen that CDFC are live streaming the trials https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... a9LTaXjINI
by Al22
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 North V Centrals Saturday 1410

Just watched a bit of the digital pass, a bit of feedback for Big Phil.
Good knowledge and commentary mate but:
The sound is in front of the vision.
Whenever you get louder than normal a terrible distortion noise occurs.
We don't need to know its a match high lead every time the winning team kicks another goal/point.
Other than the last point I would say the 2 things are out of Phil's hands.
I agree but I'm sure he kniws who to chat to.
Wasn't being overly critical as I'd be happy if Big Phil or John Nankivill did North games every week!
Phil's knowledge and homework is top notch.
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

Apparently Jade Sheedy gave him his medal
by arcadefire
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Given that Darren Reeves is North's development coach he is much more likely to recommend a recruit to his current employer, not his former employer.
by robranisgod
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The word champion is used too often these days

The back wall of my man cave. 8 foot tall x 5 foot wide.
by Booney
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

West pick up a big forward, 196cm and 105kg.

Welcome Riley Corbett, another asset from the Canberra Demons

Farewell to Aaron Anderson, a pillar of the West Adelaide Football Club. We wish you the best for your next endeavour

Read the full update on our website: https://westadelaidefc.com.au/

Did Westies give Corbett a welcome spray after they signed him for not showing more commitment to the Canberra Demons?
by mots02
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Entry to SANFL games

This is an 'elephant in the room' scenario for not only SANFL clubs, but, sporting clubs in general. I'd dare say that all community sports clubs pretty much function with over 40's volunteers, if not over 50's. Most in these age groups have co-morbidities and would be immuno-compromised, perhaps all. Therefore they are more prone to being affected with COVID-19. Clubs have a OHSW responsibility to provide a safe working environment for these people. Pretty much footy ops would cease to function without them such is the reluctance of people under 40 to volunteer. I don't envy club administrators at the moment.

Ill start by clarifying ive had both my vaccines and im pro vaccine but I don't buy the safe workplace argument as a legit reason for mandatory vaccinations at all places.

Are all these workplaces going to make the flu vaccine mandatory as well given their duty to make a safe workplace. Do they check all staff have all other vaccines such as tetanus, rosella, chicken pox etc.

When a staff member takes a sick day here and there for one reason or another we generally don't ask for a medical clearance to ensure they are not potentially passing anything on to staff its a trust based system.

Many cases where we are happy to 'turn a blind eye' to workplace safety and then use it where it suits us. These 'bullshit' workplace safety excuse just strengthen the anti vaccers stance.

This is a DANGEROUS worldwide pandemic and the anti vaccers have the mentality of a zombie. With millions having died due to this disease in a short time it can hardly be compared to tenaanus, chicken pox etc. Get vaccinated
by Reddeer
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Eagles vs Centrals X-Convenience oval Saturday

Was expecting a battle and we had that in the first quarter until McCormack came off (hope he's ok - looks the goods). After that we were getting first hands on the ball. Eagles also know their game well, Centrals less so - a work in progress.

Quite a while since we had visited the Ponderosa. Knowledgeable and friendly people, the odd echo of 'you dogs' and the fabulous ground - as big as Texas, mature trees that could belong in a botanic garden and great views from the funky grandstand that was designed by Housing Trust architects from a bigger, more visionary time.
by Brendan M
Sun May 01, 2022 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Glenelg v Norwood

A link to some footage?

SUjz5ndt5Uk

Fair enough he got 6.

In saying that its such a tough collision, if he gets just as low as the opposition there is very likely to be either a head clash or shoulder to head contact causing a concussion which is why we are seeing so many in the AFL at present.
by whufc
Wed May 03, 2023 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Glenelg v Norwood

Saunders fumbling the ball makes it understandable, but changes nothing in terms of culpability. Every person following the code would be well aware of that these days. All/any players, from any club, that I’ve ever met in the last 20 years or so have always been high quality, respectful individuals. I’m sure Searle is the same, he’s made a blue but I’m confident no player sets out to inflict significant injury on an opponent (last millennium might be a different story). He’s made a blue, cops his whack and hopefully both boys get back to enjoy some footy with their respective clubs before the seasons over.
by JK
Fri May 05, 2023 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 10 Centrals vs Eagles X CONVENIENCE OVAL SAT 17/6 2:1

Both are suspensions every day of the week. Especially the Comma one given he’s got a concussion out of it. The incident was not in play and completely unnecessary. Re the Sinor one, shaping to bump a player with his head over the ball like that is just plain stupid.

Absolutely spot on. Anyone with any understanding of footy (take out bias Centrals supporters in these cases) will agree the suspensions are 100% warranted, chuck in their records this year, and no wonder the Club accepted the penalties straight away.
No Centrals bias at all .
The fact that people believe an incident like McCormacks is a suspension is why football is a joke.
A free kick is all that is warranted from the incident if anything.
The collier dawkins tackle shouldn't have been sited either, it was just a hard tackle nothing else.
Far too many players are getting reported for minor incidents, I'm sure we'll have a few during the finals where people's opinions will differ.
by TDJ44
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |