Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Afterthesiren wrote:Yep but Lobethal has some Board Members in their pockets.

What's that go to do with this issue. It's the clubs that will decide where this goes, not the board.
by cracka
Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lobethal one of the bully clubs, I wish. And 13 junior teams like the Dev's, yeah sure. We work our backside off to get what we've got. Those were the days when everyone hated us and we were always playing finals and gf's, but we haven't been there for over a decade, but there's the sniff of a new dawn in the air over at Tigerland.
by FairDinkum
Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What I am saying is these rules should be changed and put in place for this coming season . Mt loftys relegation is a result of last seasons rules not this coming seasons rules.
Gotta love it when people make sense , the way this has been handled by the HFL is a joke , Lofty take you medicine do the time in country and come back better for the experience , the way this has dragged out is a disgrace , I have said it before if it were one of the so called smaller clubs ie. Ironbank , TV , Birdwood , Echunga , Bridgewater this wouldn't be an issue it would be down you go see you later . :evil:
by the wonder elephant
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What I am saying is these rules should be changed and put in place for this coming season . Mt loftys relegation is a result of last seasons rules not this coming seasons rules.
Fair enough. So Lofty should go to country div for 2014 & the issue of changing central div to an 11 or more team comp should be voted on for the 2015 season.
by cracka
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mount Torrens oval - what a joke.
Just saw some pics on facebook of U15's & U17's. Hate to think how bad it was for the A's. When they merge with Birdwood they'll have 3 ovals to choose from so hopefully they can save 1 for games during winter.

In 2012 the Bridgewater Oval suffered badly from rain deluges in the week before two consecutive home games and the oval became unplayable. The club made a decision (in conjunction with the HFL) to move the remaining home games to an alternative venue.

Having seen Mt Torrens oval first-hand a fortnight ago, and then seeing the photos on the LFC pages, I think a similar decision must be forced upon TV.
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was a case of spot the grass and pick the smell. Love hearing all the old blokes saying that is what they played on every week, but we are now in 2014 and it is substandard and unacceptable.

Not to mention there being no hot water for the visitors 3 showers and hot water for the home 3 showers. Seen Lobethal players leaving in their cars still covered in mud to presumably go back to Loby for showers?
Also very disappointing from a Torrens Valley forward, I won't name names (juice head with stupid looking tattoos all over him) in the way he yelled and abused a young goal umpire on the day. The young lad volunteered to do it after Torrens Valley couldn't supply a goal umpire ( think he was suspended for cheating) and the mouthful of inappropriate language hurled at this 14 year old lad was discussing. I hope some action is done after this, because it is volunteers like that would keep those money hungry gorillas getting a game. Second rate club with second rate facilities and people. Enough said.
by chopper7
Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The original oval delegation was for Lobethal to host the first semi on the Sunday and the second semi to be at echunga on the Saturday and last Sundays elimination was to be at mt barker. But the board in their wisdom assumed that Lobethal would loose and then hence be playing in the first semi on the Sunday (Lobethal oval) so they swapped the Lobethal and mt barker grounds games.. Of course that backfired and Lobethal was to play in the Saturday and mt barker in the Sunday so they had to swap the mt barker and echunga oval games. Now of course echunga and mt barker
are playing on Sunday next week and as the A grade can not play on their home ground this has caused a problem. Had they left it as it was there would not have been a problem. They should leave the prelim at balhannah because if echunga win on Sunday they can not play on their home ground and there are not many decent ovals left to allocate for the prelim so please don't tell me they will put the prelim at mt Torrens. Difficult all round.

Of course, the Callington Oval (the best playing surface in Central) is also available. After successfully hosting the 2013 Preliminary Final, the HFL in its wisdom decided not to give Bridgewater/Callington a final in 2014 (despite the fact that clubs such as Hahndorf, Onkas and Uraidla haven't missed out in years).
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Legs Man on a great win yesterday. Well deserved. Just proves the point you can buy a premiership. It is a pity the rest of your club is shit. One trait that you don't have unfortunately is a thing called humility. That speech after the game yesterday sums up the mentality of your members. You could learn something from Uraidla in that regard. - As the Has Been has stated previously on here as early as pre season - there will be an 11 team central division next year and 8 team Country so lets stop all this dribble and crap re relegation as people are sick of it. Go the Hawks next week. :D 8) :lol:
by supercoach
Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amen bookie. Libertel have done nothing since the late 90's! Can't comment on the Echunga juniors but lofty had to fight tooth an nail to keep juniors t the club and it has paid dividends. The bottom line is Echunga should be in central and the lower grades (both b grade and juniors) will continue to improve the infer they stay up. I have a close source at Echunga, yes they pay money, but no more than any other club! Any idiot that comments on money has no idea. The majority of clubs spend similar amounts. It's how you spend that cash that counts. Mt lofty did it well, uraidla have done it better than anyone and it seems Echunga have done well too! Maybe yellow and black you should have a look at how Loby spend their money, there are handful of players there that are not playing for peanuts!

Well R.White, care to name the handful playing for just the money at Lobethal? Think you would be surprised at how little the Tigers pay.

The relagation will end up going to a vote, and I know Echunga have already approached clubs to vote for them to stay up for next year. Well done to them on yesterday, but why would any other club in central vote to keep the premiers up next year... It's one less challenger for the flag!
by chopper7
Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just out of curiosity, if it turns out the taxpayers helped fund Echungas A grade premiership, does that change any opinions about whether they should stay in central div, certainly changes mine.

Also any Echunga people who complain about Torrens Valley getting extra points this year, you have short memories, Echunga were given extra points in 2013 which if not given you wouldn't have even been in central div.
by cracka
Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh - and Merry Christmas to all involved with this board - contributors and moderators!

I hope that I have brightened and enlightened your day with my input and thank you for your respective comments and support.( albeit not always in my favour )

Let's look towards a 2015 competition which will undoubtedly be one of the most interesting for many years.
by Legs Man
Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stupid comment
by jumbo20
Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well it is all getting a little unsavory on here at the moment isn't it [-(
by The Panther
Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rams have picked up a couple of nice recriuts might be hard for the raiders this year. In my opinion you have only one restriction you get rid relegation /promotion and just have APPS system, But whats the point of having 4 or 7pts when you can't use the one pt there's no 1 or 2 point players anymore . How can you count previous years in country which is inferior to central,but the board doesn't want to here that cause there trying to save a stagnant division. Thats why Mt lofty and us couldn't wait to get out of there, it will be interesting to see how Mt lofty go, 2013 bottom, 2014 undefeated, 2015? + 13pts , like is 13pts to go up this year only 9 pts by my calculations it should be 11pys its only during minor round we only won 11 games . Anyway the Dee's have added a quality midfielder to their ranks this week so stay tuned, the 160k we spent last year is only chicken feed this year. Thats the rumor anyway we stacked our Agr to win the GF.
F***en what. :shock:
Big night eh.
by cracka
Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Their - possession, belonging to

There - location

They're - they are
by Armytank
Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitchell would only be 3 pts as he has played majority
In Bgr at Norwood . All permits should be banned after June 30th.
HFL gave two onkas 17s permits to play under 15s sat , now that is laughable.
Bullish!t. Now I have no idea what's going on with the A grade but U15's is my sons side & you are completely wrong. We had 3 U13's filling in. Who were the 2 players you speak of.
by cracka
Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No sour grapes.
They got one back on us after the pastings we gave them
The last two years.
When was their last premiership ?
Yep, until last Saturday we were the only club not to have beaten Echunga since they returned to div 1.
Our last premiership was in 94.
Just out of curiosity when was Echungas last non tax payer funded div 1 flag. :D
by cracka
Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |