Search found 216 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Hello Boys and Girls! Seeing as Nearly Was is the only person with common sense on this thread , she who can not be named has reinstated the Greatest Poster of all time.

Bad luck to all you Haven sooks on here. If it's any consolation it only costs $10 to get into the Big Shrek Show tomorrow down at your neck of the woods. It will probably be the last outing you can afford once the Submarine Corp go under!

Kilburn by 4 goals tomorrow!

What about me?

Welcome back, by the way.
Ha ha sorry mate, always some insightful comments from your good self.
by The Big Shrek
Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello Boys and Girls! Seeing as Nearly Was is the only person with common sense on this thread, she who can not be named has reinstated the Greatest Poster of all time.

Bad luck to all you Haven sooks on here. If it's any consolation it only costs $10 to get into the Big Shrek Show tomorrow down at your neck of the woods. It will probably be the last outing you can afford once the Submarine Corp go under!

Kilburn by 4 goals tomorrow!
by The Big Shrek
Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Dols. I hope your schnitty at the Rob Roy tastes as good as last week when you were very confident that North Haven would not only beat Salisbury, but would knock us in the GF! Might want to check that your mushroom sauce wasn't made from mushies of the magic variety.

Don't worry, a 5 turns into a 6 really easily so you can use those shirts again next year when you win the flag in March.
by The Big Shrek
Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

The best lawyer is at Kilburn
by The Big Shrek
Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

I strongly disagree with that Jimmy.

No one pays their bills at Kilburn!
by The Big Shrek
Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm up and about
by The Big Shrek
Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Zartan! Get a solid pre season into you and you can probably run water for us next year #toottoot #allaboard #terribletuesday #trainwreck
by The Big Shrek
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UP THE FIST!!!!!!

FC when you are a #premiership #star you hashtag #whatever #you #want
by The Big Shrek
Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:after today Shrek to be a broken man and the kilburn football club to have more troubles in 2016

go salisbury

Hi Robb, just wanted to let you know I've appreciated reading your insightful posts this year. It's cl you fancy yourself as a bit of a wit. What a pity you're only halfway there.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Seriously though, Balaklava were really lucky to have Jake Levy.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, hi Robbo! I know you're a closet Kilburn fan. PM me your address and I will send you some merchandise signed by the full back of the century and three time premiership star! I can also let you know the Chic train is going up to division 3.

Can anyone fill me in on where the Salisbury rumour came from? I heard it from North Haven people who say that it was confirmed to their president by the league. However I would be very surprised if Salisbury didn't want to go up. Could it be that the league is holding promotion back because of the under 18s situation? If they are then I am concerned the intelligence of those running the league is on par with the great intellects of Robb and Dols.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could it be that the league is holding promotion back because of the under 18s situation? .

As if.

Why did Pag say they do not know where they are playing because of factors out of their control?

Would that make it a board/administration thing, that doesn't necessarily reflect the view of the players.

In all honesty, I think the Salisbury playing group have too much pride and integrity to not want to go up. If Pag says it's out of his control, I'd be inclined to believe him.

Having said that, I don't personally know Pag, but I know he's highly regarded in football circles.

I reckon the board would listen to the players. It would be very easy to alienate a team by keeping them down against their wishes. The way Salisbury played this year they should be able to avoid relegation next year in div 3. They also got good depth.

Pag's post combined with what I've heard has made me think something funny is going on here.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

TTG and FC gifted PNU the win
by The Big Shrek
Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:so then everyone should just give up on going up the divisions ?

isn't that what kilburn and salisbury are doing .......................

Kilburn and Salisbury both going up unless the league says otherwise muppet
by The Big Shrek
Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb, I know you struggled when 'promoted' from grade 3 to 4. Who knows though, one day you may even finish primary school! You needn't worry your little brain about Kilburn, we will be fine. You forget some of us have actually played different divisions of A grade footy, and appreciate what we need to do to be successful when being promoted.

Thank you for your analysis of the quality of football based on what you read on the internet.
by The Big Shrek
Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was concerned at the time. How many games have you played for your club? Hope $3700 bought plenty of piss for Sad Sunday!
by The Big Shrek
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I only just found out tonight, last year when Kilburn had to forfeit to Salisbury, we had to pay them $3700 including apparently $1200 for strapping and $750 for lost canteen sales. Jerks.
Maybe don't forfeit an A grade game and it wouldn't matter.
Talk about kicking a club when they're down. Very greedy. Ah well, some Salisbury people were on facebook after the GF saying we bought the flag. Guess you can chuck that $3700 on the tab.
Which Salisbury people? I'd say I'm Facebook friends with 99% of the Salisbury football and didn't see one post about that.
It was on Craig Icke's status. Not sure I want to name names on here.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Worst grand final ever. 3200 there but no atmosphere. I'm the best go chics
by The Big Shrek
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if Brisbane Broncos or Salisbury Magpies
by The Big Shrek
Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bloke wrote:
S Demon wrote:North Haven busy already. 2 x A Graders from Portland on their way apparently.

Brett Pederson and Mark Cocchiaro

Both very handy 8 BALL Players too

Wow
by The Big Shrek
Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I only just found out tonight, last year when Kilburn had to forfeit to Salisbury, we had to pay them $3700 including apparently $1200 for strapping and $750 for lost canteen sales. Jerks.

I would like an apology

as a lawyer you should know how compensation works ............................................................. you deserved it the lame reason that was given at the time as well every salisbury A grade player should have asked for petrol money for the time wasted
I'm still drunk. This makes it difficult to articulate how much of a loser you are.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL $$$$$

Do you have a reminder set on your phone to embarrass yourself once a month Robb? I bet you're hoping they increase the pay rate for scoreboard attendants so you can finish your illustrious Pooraka/Houghton B grade career and finally make some cash from football.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Dols I see the NHFC spring fair is on tomorrow. Is it worth going for a look? Will there be any discounted 2015 premiership merchandise on sale?
by The Big Shrek
Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Welcome back Hosie
by The Big Shrek
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 state footy

Put the game in September and pick the Kilburn side. Chics don't lose in September.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Pffft. Allen is overweight. Skinny Scott Galbraith's the man to watch!
by The Big Shrek
Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

Disappointing effort by Salisbury if this is true. Wonder what the explanation is?
by The Big Shrek
Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

I always tell people not to judge others because you don't al know what they're going through or what information they're basing their decision on. I'm also shit at taking my own advice

SOFT, SOFT, SOFT!!!

Salisbury easily have the ability to complete in div 3. They are not going to improve by playing against weak opposition each week. The money issue is bullshit, they have enough players as it is and other clubs go up the divisions with no or minimal payments.

Sounds like some of the board members are trying to be too clever by half, God knows what their reasoning is but it is wrong. If I was a player I'd be shattered. It would be like last years efforts and accomplishments were worth nothing. Salisbury FC you've let your players down!
by The Big Shrek
Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bloke wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Until he does his knee again ! Bung knees dont get better with age!

If Menzel from Geelong can do it, then big bad bustling Tommy Lipson can do it!

Menzel from Geelong isn't the4th best player in his family though. Tom Lipson is after Chris, Alan and Lipson iced tea.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How can anyone be calling Edwarstown or Salisbury flag favourite! North Haven are in this division! They are the pre-season flag favourite!
by The Big Shrek
Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Wristy that doesn't mean the players aren't college poofs.

Sass Modbury is a shit hole, shit heap deck, wet stinky changerooms. Should ask for $3mil to knock the dung heap down and start again.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was chatting to some blokes down the local last week about the banter in the crowd from the Kenilworth v Havens game round 11 this year. Some real quality sledges and shit talk from both lots supporters but when the game finished it was best wishes. Great for local footy and the Haven fans were good value and the players were great to talk to in the bar afterwards.
Good to hear that, though I have to say the only banter i heard from Kenilworth was from a couple of peanuts behind the goals who had an IQ of 50 between them.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAs most travelled footballer!!!

Marc Cox: Port Adelaide, West Adelaide, Norwood, Henley, Seaton, Port District, Portland, North Haven, West Croydon, Para Hills, Echunga, Encounter Bay, Payneham NU, Barossa Districts, Tea Tree Gully. A few of those clubs he has been at more than once. Thats 15 different clubs.

I think we have the Gold Medallist and Commonwealth/Olympic champion right here. He only needs one more club to have all 16 clubs in the card deck. He will start on the spades then.

Darren Francis (was at Fitzroy in 2015 and anyones guess in 2016) would be the silver medallist and standing on the podium. He'd be closing in fast on Cox.

UPDATE
Marc Cox: Port Adelaide, West Adelaide, Norwood, Henley, Seaton, Port District, Portland, North Haven, West Croydon, Para Hills, Echunga, Encounter Bay, Payneham NU, Barossa Districts, Tea Tree Gully, Kersbrook and Virginia. A few of those clubs he has been at more than once. Thats 17 different clubs.

We definitely have the Gold Medallist and Commonwealth/Olympic champion right here. He's officially got through all the clubs and is into the spades. Lets see if he can reach the diamonds and hearts?

Darren Francis (was at Fitzroy in 2015 and anyones guess in 2016) would be the silver medallist and standing on the podium. He'd be closing in fast on Cox.

What about Luke Hosie?
by The Big Shrek
Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wristwatcher's Leg

Seriously Shrek you are such a juvenile delinquent at times I wonder how you function in your job????
Only one way to find out....get charged with something and call me. Can you afford my fees?

Not that stupid to get caught doing something and I'm not a Man-Child either. I am a respectable and law abiding member of society. so don't have to worry about your rates.
Don't worry, even though you're a cheeky little bugger, I'll still give you mate's rates. I'll even chuck in some proof reading for your posts (you need it). I'm here for you buddy!
by The Big Shrek
Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

bubba love wrote:Not sure on the names, just spoke to a mate from Henley this morning who said a few have bailed

I heard BradDittmar left
by The Big Shrek
Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wonder_kid wrote:Maybe less lipping and some more winning finals should be the priority at nth haven in 2016 i reckon!

Ha ha ha ha yesssss!!!!!!!!!!
by The Big Shrek
Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's definately Hosie
by The Big Shrek
Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just quietly, Chics don't lose finals. I'm still drunk. Up the fist!
by The Big Shrek
Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Portland Football Club (SAAFL Div 4)

carey wrote:Give Hosie his log in back!

#bringbackhosie

Login or logins?

What does Oyster think about #bringbackhosie?
by The Big Shrek
Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Negative. The club is finalising negotiations with Corey Pressler to come back to the club to attempt a hat trick of premierships as captain.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can someone confirm if Dylan Jessen signed with Salisbury North or not?

You'd have to think Head Office would love the prospect of that

As far as I'm aware he has kept out of trouble since being released and I hear training hard. There is nothing wrong with giving a bloke with a history another shot at life. Indeed in my view it's admirable.

Around the courts it's a common view that people in organised sports are far less likely to run foul of the law. The sooner people realise that clubs like Salisbury North provide a valuable service to the community the better.
by The Big Shrek
Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SAAFL clearances page says Nathan McCammon has left Kilburn, and signed with Mawson Lakes.

He's one player I enjoyed watching last year, and I hope Tim Bigg and Phil Cutting can fill his shoes.

He's a big in for the Lakers. Good player.

I'm not sure because it's hard to pick up sarcasm when reading. But I'm hoping we are taking the p*ss when you say that he is a good player. I'm thinking bg he is Div 6 Footballer at best and is probably where he belongs. If he wasn't 6.3 he probably wouldn't get a gig in that side.
Sorry cock, don't agree.

Was pretty good last year and improved his game getting the footy around the ground. Would think he'd be very handy in div 6. Disappointing that he is gone as for once we actually had a bit of ruck depth.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best behind him? He is 25!
by The Big Shrek
Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Best behind him? He is 25!

Don't take it too personally, just because you are getting on! :lol: :lol:

Ha ha 25 is a long time ago. I'm still just as immature as ever though.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SATCHEL wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Sorry Bubba, Bruno was working nearby and had a look. Ricky Pearce asked him if he wanted a kick. He just played a half for a bit of fitness.

Incorrect.

Righteo Satchel! Seems like you are taking over from your mentor Luke Hosie and trying to stir shit.
by The Big Shrek
Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What are they going to do then Robb? Stay in div 4 forever?
by The Big Shrek
Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got a three day ban from facebook for calling someone Australia's biggest twit.

After all the shit I've posted over the years they ban me for that? Their mods must be tighter than FC!

At least you'll be seeing more of me here over the next few days.
by The Big Shrek
Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

APRIL FOOLS! Para Hills all good to go tomorrow.
by The Big Shrek
Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |