Search found 38 matches

Return

Re: Footy Trip Games

Don't know about games but don't fall asleep on the bus is a law. 1 bloke from us did a few years back and we got his phone. He had photos of himself barred up on his phone for some sick reason so we sent them to his mum and sister......as compensation I don't think he paid for a drink the whole trip.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy Trip Games

Hide the sausage where ever you can is a great footy trip game...
by carey
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

The Big Shrek wrote:I only just found out tonight, last year when Kilburn had to forfeit to Salisbury, we had to pay them $3700 including apparently $1200 for strapping and $750 for lost canteen sales. Jerks.

Maybe don't forfeit an A grade game and it wouldn't matter.
by beef
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL $$$$$

I'll gladly have some...
by Failed Creation
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

No I'm not invited to anything. When I was drinking free booze with you the other year I invited myself in.

Give FC a call, you can be her date. Your bio is fairly impressive....tall, dark, moderately handsome, game-fully employed. Only condition might be that you're not allowed to speak in there :)

What do you reckon FC? Get me drunk enough and you might even get a bit of something something at the end of the night!

Last time we let you into the Exec box, i ended up taking you home.

;)

Sorry I didn't make it on Saturday, had I known I would let you have my spot in the box.
by Footy Chick
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rule 37.5

Over the last lustrum we seem to have an annual argument regarding clubs exercising their right under rule 37.5 and refuse their right of promotion after making a Grand Final. We have seen the flow on effects from club's doing this causing chaos on the rest of the League.

My question is, with Salisbury's decision (which I agree with Shrek, it's piss weak) should the Clubs consider amending Rule 37.5 to the effect that A Grade Grand Finalists cannot refuse promotion (I can understand that there may be some cause for leeway where a C Grade wins A7)

I personally can't see what negative effect an amendment of this type would have.

Thoughts?
by jo172
Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

So the coach retires quoting "busy at work".
Leaves the door open beautifully to take on an assistant coach role, which will pay surprisingly similarly to the previous head coach role.
New playing coach announced.
Playing coach salary is not included in the salary cap.
Assistant coach spends surprisingly high amount of time coaching while playing coach is playing.

But then again, college sides don't pay players, so I guess we can rule that conspiracy theory out.
by Trader
Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Wristy that doesn't mean the players aren't college poofs.

Sass Modbury is a shit hole, shit heap deck, wet stinky changerooms. Should ask for $3mil to knock the dung heap down and start again.

Ease up Shrek, not all our players went to a private college ;)

Would have thought you'd have sympathy for residential college poofs Shrek?
by jo172
Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Types of Pre-Season Trainings

I like standing on the bar watching other people train while ostensibly having "committee meetings" of which no records are ever kept nor decisions taken.
by jo172
Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wristwatcher's Leg

Make sure you break the seal on his leg. Musty and yellow.
by Q.
Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You know you have made it in life when there is a Thread dedicated to a pee party in your honour.

Second greatest moment ever behind my daughters birth ;)
by wristwatcher
Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They're tiny pins, hope you have a good aim :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the very least, he would have no trouble adjusting to the Salisbury North supplement regime, by all reports.
by Q.
Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Looks like Mercer rated it highly.
by carey
Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Affirmative, I've heard the same.
Probably from the same person.

doubt it, I don't hang out with your kind ;) :-P
tight arses? :drinkers:

Now now, funnily enough, he always buys me a drink when we bump into each other.

True story.

Probably because I normally end up being his taxi and/or he owes me more than a few by letting his arse back on here 8)
by Footy Chick
Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

hollywood7477 wrote:
Minion Master wrote:walkerville BBQ = 9 great selection, good service & value for money

pity the ground was in poor condition.

Its in a better condition than it would've been had the drainage not been upgraded
by Fricky
Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

carey wrote:If I won X-Lotto Paralowie would be back!

Not hard to win Div 6 in xlotto, go for it
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prison Release Umpires

old farmer wrote:Great idea, would be a lot of footballers in there itching to get back involved in the game if they can.

I wouldn't say no if a couple were offered to Ingle Farm for a season to fill roles in our lower grades - be a massive relief on trying to find volunteers every week to fill those positions!
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prison Release Umpires

Just for the record. NO prison release umpires are appointed for field umpiring duties.

so who was the guy i spoke to i wonder?..something else?

I'd say the answer is......yes....

He was from Port Augusta, he told you that Zedman ;)

starting to doubt it even happened now! :)

It was also a bit strange because as the A grade ump, he was there 1 hour before the B grade game started, that's rare.
by zedman
Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

The Big Shrek wrote:Luke Hosie has signed as Tylor's assistant at North Haven.
Key part of this illustrious and prestigious role is to hold up a series of advertisements at the huddles - full of gaudy text, poor font choice and clip art from Microsoft Word '97.
by morell
Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

few more denied from salisbury north today .........................
Is Salisbury North the first club to really take the "3x player to one club" rule seriously and stop these C graders from going to Para Hills?

They struggling for numbers that bad are they? Surely it's not going to end well for SN if they are being petty and denying blokes who only played low grades from leaving.. can't see many of them changing their mind and committing to SN..
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:The Goodwood pub what a cracker spot, over heard a conversation about the goody saints. Let's just say there could be an ex Richmond player as player coach in 2018

Darren Gaspar?
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The previous posters have been taking the pi$$ MW. Clearly the inference is that Shane Tuck will be taking the reins at Goodwood in 2018. He played in their 2014 and 2015 Premierships and has played the one game this season, but I assume his boxing has taken priority the last 2 years. His brother Travis joined Goodwood this season and has played all season. Dang, was hoping the Relton Roberts rumour was true
by Q.
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Any one seen the SA footballer mag team of the year? No idea who the two blokes from sals are in the back line, young full back from morphies is very stiff not to get a Guernsey, is the next best FB behind Curtis
I don't read that piece of shit anymore. I just turn up to the end of year party for free piss . As the full back of the century it is my god given right.

Yet I didn't see you there this year... :-P
Can't remember what but something was on the same night. Probably a deliberate plan by Hosie to save money.

I think I more than made up for it... :shock:
by Failed Creation
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

Kyle Parks told me

No chance of being true then lol

Still remember the day Kyle was playing cricket for Salisbury North about 6-7 years ago

I was captaining the EP a grade, we had a very young side, there was 2 of us over 25 and the rest were all 16-18 year old kids (most of which play a grade footy now)

I've gone to open the batting and Kyle has spent the first 15 overs telling anyone that will listen that if they can't beat this bunch of kindy kids that he will quit cricket and never play again. He went on and on and on about it!!!!

5 hours of cricket later we had hit 300 and bowled them out twice for 80 odd and 60 odd, with him making a pair iirc correctly

I heard he has played cricket since lol
by whufc
Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Lotta big recruits down at the nest. Lot of blokes who played A grade last year at SN will be on the B grade. I think the side they are assembling would be a top 5 side in div 1. So look out Div 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by the joker
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Fevola 25 wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Shrek is a real muddy type operator. Did right thing and come home but mit still hate. Shrek upset come live in gods country with bubba up the shrek

Is this a serious post. Is this bloke a bit slow.

up the shrek
by adr107
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shrek is a real muddy type operator. Did right thing and come home but mit still hate. Shrek upset come live in gods country with bubba up the shrek

Is this a serious post. Is this bloke a bit slow.

up the shrek

Fev when you’ve got as many runs on the board as Shrekky you are allowed the indulgence of the odd drunken post.

Pull your head in when you are talking about forum royalty. Next time I won’t be so nice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqMBdvUCIAA-rXB.jpg
by Failed Creation
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Executive Member wrote:
Blessed wrote:And claiming Steven Osbourne as an under 18 and different rules is horse shat.Saafl needs provide some answers

8443 8999 and ask to speak to John
I would rather make anonymous complaints on here thankyou very much
by Q.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

carey wrote:Yeah but no one likes Henley :lol:

Yea well no one likes the 48 clubs youve played for either :lol:
by marbles
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smosh have Glenunga and Mitcham and Eastern Pk have Edwardstown and Pooraka. Gonna be an interesting couple of weeks there.
by BZB27
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

All this talk of how bad it used to be is a bit over the top. I’ve never felt unsafe (apart from walking under the balcony at Payneham).
Although I have a few years on Shrek I'm the same (apart from the Payneham thing), playing seniors in the CDFA/NMFL as a young lad until the mid 90's was tough going and I've copped some nasty injuries, there's been some really tough opposition over the years but nothing to feel unsafe.

The hardest game I remember was against Pulteney at Morgan Oval many moons ago, every player on their team would've been taller than me and built like brick shithouse's, had a real tough battle in the wet against Portland too one day, I copped a barrage of crap all day from a group of supporters while at full back, they weren't shy in buying me beers after the game though back in their club.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v Woodville West Torrens

another grub wrote:The Eagles gave the legs a run for their money a week ago. How can they stop the rampaging legs?

Where can the eagles get some run from?

Have they thought about using an extra player?
by Magellan
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2019

piccachu wrote:
Boon would also like a membership application for the Portland FC sent to him also [emoji6]

That can be arranged for him 8)

Is there enough room for Wareing and Thomas in the same forward line?
by amber_fluid
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

What’s a “baseball climb”?
by Brodlach
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |