Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Getting paid to go to the cricket tomorrow, drinks are on the boss!
by Rams52
Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The Ash Man wrote:
The 3 peat is really the only thing I have to hang on to.
I have a bet that we won't win one til after 2025. That was made in 2007 and it's for 10 cartons.

Can you "Cash Out"?
by Rams52
Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

My wife winning a share of $30,000 and a car on family feud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Rams52
Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

La La la - Italian Restaurant on Gilbert/Gilles St
Rocked up 6:30 last night for our booking.
Browsed the menu and we all decided fairly quickly what we were going to order.
Waitress arrived to take our order, and then mentioned the specials.
Every special sounded better than the items listed on the menu, hence we all ordered mains from the specials list.
Got a serve of Pizzeta Garlic Bread, and BBQ Calamari for Entree.
Garlic bread was spot on, crunchy with good flavour, enough for a couple of pieces each.
BBQ Calamari was spectacular. Cooked perfectly, not chewy at all, with a bit of crunch and the slightest hint of chargrill.
I ordered Duck Risotto for my main (from specials mentioned by waitress). Could not fault it in any way, it was creamy and put together very well. The duck fell apart as you put a fork into it, and the flavours of the dish were great.
Other mains ordered were Crab Linguine, Eggplant Lasagne, and Spinach Ravoili. The other 3 were full of praise for their mains as well, all meals were just the right portion size.
Shared a bottle of red between 4 of us as well, during mains.
For desserts we shared a couple of chocolate molten cakes with ice cream.
Again very tasty.
Waitresses were helpful, and did not bother you. When you needed something, they were there.
Total came to $205 between 4. Highly recommend, 9.9/10
by Rams52
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

amber_fluid wrote:Anyone been to the prancing pony brewery in the hills?
Worth a trip?

Yes.
Great selection of beers, some awesome pizza’s as well.
Good options for other food also.
Good tasting paddles which are a good way to work out what you want to drink!
I work a 2 min walk away from it......
by Rams52
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

It’s this tonight [emoji1786]
by Rams52
Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’ve a Delonghi ECAM 23 I think it is, got it about 5 years ago. Cost us around $900 at the time.
Automatically grinds the beans, makes a very good coffee as long as you maintain it (descaling, cleaning etc). We also purchased a small milk frother, which is simpler than using the inbuilt steamer.
Can’t complain with our purchase and use it every day! Can recommend.
by Rams52
Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’ve a Delonghi ECAM 23 I think it is, got it about 5 years ago. Cost us around $900 at the time.
Automatically grinds the beans, makes a very good coffee as long as you maintain it (descaling, cleaning etc). We also purchased a small milk frother, which is simpler than using the inbuilt steamer.
Can’t complain with our purchase and use it every day! Can recommend.
by Rams52
Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Wedgie wrote:Boomers going ballistic over the renaming of Fraser Island to K'gari.
Yes,have seen a lot of that.
Seriously, In what way does it actually affect them?
by Rams52
Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Trip to Melbourne over the weekend to catch up with an old school mate. A few beers and plenty of talking shit coming up!!
by Rams52
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

The Deepest Breath, I found it intense.
First couple of minutes in, watching the lady freedive down and found myself holding my breath without realising.
Really interesting docu, also seeing humans go to (or beyond) the limit of human capability is something that i just can't get enough of at the moment.
by Rams52
Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 50 in Adelaide, when you remembe

NYBG and Shenanigans on Thursdays were enormous. Still remember Shenanigans pouring 50c beers on Saturdays until 11 and then kick off 50% happy hour 11-12. I’d be crawling home at 1am on a $10 night moves bus with most others. Whole night would cost $35-40.
Shenanigans 100 pint club :lol:

Still remember the first night they had 50c beers and groups would carry their entire table to the bar and fill it up and carry it back. The alcohol board heard about it and the following week had their staff there patrolling responsible alcohol service.
I remember the very first night of the Thursday girls night out.... that was interesting being completely outnumbered :lol: Met my wife at Shennanigans on a Thursday ‘ladies night’ [emoji23]
by Rams52
Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |