Search found 581 matches

Return

Re: Round 21 - Shit’s gettin’ real.

Corona Man wrote:Now that folks is a choke!

I'd call it a shit coaching performance, stopped playing attacking footy as soon as we got 4 up. Hinkley must shoulder this loss
by LMA
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2018

IMG_20180812_204932.jpg

IMG_20180812_205011.jpg

IMG_20180812_205103.jpg
by LMA
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Tex a bit stiff IMO. 2 weeks for that, thought he released Kelly just in time

We might as well let the women play with/against the men coz that's the way the game is heading.
Aren't you allowed to tackle anymore?

No tackles, No Bumps, No Head over the Ball, No Jumping into Ruckman, No Rushed behinds, No genuine contest between Backs & Forwards. Have I missed anything
by LMA
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Yeah sure is, had plenty of skill
by LMA
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

The EPL has a true Home & Away competition, the AFL has a FIXture
by LMA
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your signature dish?

Chicken wings or drumsticks. Bring a pot of seasoned water with a handful of garlic cloves and sliced onions to boil, throw the wings in and simmer for about 8 minutes. Wings are cooked through, let them cool, chuck em in some Yoshidas spicy rib & wing sauce then chuck em on the bbg grill, baste with the reserve sauce until they have that nice char look. Off the bone deliciousness
by LMA
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seafood Laksa

X 2.

Also do a good chicken Laksa.
Had that for dinner last night, the missus nails it big time.

If we don't have the kids we chuck in more chilli, get some seafood marinara mix, extra prawns & calamari, a nice cut of steak and some pork scotch fillets to pimp it up.............................tastes even better the next day.

Off thread but Roll on Bower at Ethelton do a very good Combo Laksa
by LMA
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Gooo was Australia''s Joey Chestnut. Loved a feed and a beer.
Did well with the women too for a big fella especially on footy trips when the ''standards book''' got left at home. I remember one trip when we called in to Whyalla for a piss stop/quick beer at the pub on the main corner and he picked up in 10 mins :shock: . Gooo didnt die wondering :lol:

wish id seen this prior to this morning..... but ill run it past him next week!!!

the Casanova of the Footy Trips :lol: :lol:

Thailand footy trip was a ripper got the nickname Pom Pui, think it means chubby
by LMA
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've never cooked in my life beyond helping set up the odd BBQ and turning the odd chop at a mates place., My habit has been, if I run short of volunteers to cook for me, is to resort to something I can microwave, or go out to eat or pick up take away...

However, in the new house, and with my new lady whom I will be marrying next year, I think there will be more home antertaining, so I'm beginning to look at BBQ gear.
Never cooked in your life and run short of volunteers to cook for you? Hell, that's embarrassing, have you had a personal butler your whole life by any chance?

Is his name Jeeves
by LMA
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prelim Results

Mediocre at Best 2585 def wycbloods 2370
Chicken Twisties 2488 def Jays Jocks 2384

Congrats to the two promoted sides :D

Mediocre has been the Richmond of this comp all season and will be hard to beat this week
At an early look there's only 6 POD's for the Grand Final match:

Mediocre at Best
Westhoff
Walters
Cripps
Oliver
Coniglio
Austin

Chicken Twisties
Hurley
Mundy
Pendlebury
Billings
J. Kelly
Gibbs
by LMA
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

:D Long day at Districts yesterday. Trying to think what the edited post said :o
by LMA
Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grand Final result

Mediocre at Best 2672 defeated Chicken Twisties 2510

I was quietly confident heading into the GF with Mediocre having to field Austin and Ahern but that confidence turned to misery by Saturday night when 4 of my 6 POD's failed to give a yelp. Game Over.

Congrats must go to Mediocre at Best, clearly the best team all year and a well deserved winner who will be formidable opposition in the Premier League next year
by LMA
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 All Australian Squad/Team

Its a futile debate, much like the Brownlow it's for midfielders.
by LMA
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its an easy assumption to make for those without rose coloured glasses. He can not possibly coach any worse than Ken has with the list that you have. Lets not forget that Ken has assembled this whole list, it is where he wants it and its no good due 100% to the way he coaches . You would be hard pressed to try and deliberately finish where they did but Ken somehow managed it

50% coaching
50% shit recruiting. Everyone but cliché Ken knew what Port were getting with McKenzie, Thomas, Trengrove, Rockliff, Motlop and Watts

For the 112th time the first 3 were recruited as insurance only and would be on less than the blokes that departed

I'm waiting for the 119th time :lol:

I knew this would happen! Congrats you beat Wedgie to it
by LMA
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals

I like the bye weekend, needed a fix of footy so gave the missus her first ever viewing of the 2007 Grand Final.
Probably the 119th time I've seen it though.
Disappointing end as we were 128 points up at one stage.

Well the bye round hasn't started yet Wedgie so quick get to the shops before they close and load up on the Vas and tissues, you're gonna need them
Any chance you can weed my garden in the next couple of weeks?
With North Adelaide this weekend and Geelong next weekend I'm a bit busy. :D

No wonder you have a weed problem with the fertiliser that comes out of your mouth ;)
by LMA
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:As a kid my sister and I pretty much grew up on Braised Steak & Onion toasted sanga's in the Breville

My mum used to spoon the mix into those small round pre cooked pastries, I think they're called voulevant's or something, and bake them in the oven for a bit
by LMA
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Finished Wentworth season 6 last night. After a very poor first 6-7 episodes which nearly saw me give it up, it recovered well and looks like they could go another season
by LMA
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reckon whoever wins tonight will knock the Hawks out in straight sets.

Can you grammar check this post please Corona :lol:
by LMA
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pies so dumb, they had two weeks to learn to not kick it to Mcgovern, just kick to space and run onto it.

Port still have received this memo

Most clubs haven't .. There's a reason he's been pretty much the best intercept marking defender for several years. Great player to watch imho.

Perfect example of why natural footballers shouldn't be overlooked
by LMA
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not smart dirty. Name another who does that
by LMA
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 and proposed rule changes

With a 9m goal square the best torps reach as far as the centre, I don't think an extra 9m will get it to the forward 50 somehow :shock:
by LMA
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2. Your chance to bag the teams still in

Says the 2 departed sides :lol:

Fact is had they been a bit cleaner in both games they would of beaten Geelong and Hawthorn by 8-10 goals, not bad for a side that's no good
by LMA
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2. Your chance to bag the teams still in

Q. wrote:Haha, Whitfield gets collected high by own player and gets the free kick!

You sure you're not a Crows supporter
by LMA
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

ROCS to join the SANFL next year I'm hearing, No SAAFL in the SANFL thread
by LMA
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Spargo wrote:Lleyton Hewitt - Australian sporting legend.

If those other 2 wanks showed as much pride and determination as Lleyton they would be a lot more successful
by LMA
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180916/260458e82e4962a55055f5e6b9b43bd8.png Nick Hayes sounds happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t blame the umpires or the league.
Blame yourself for choking

By the look of some of their players they certainly haven't been choking on their food
by LMA
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

North will win because their supporters are louder :D
by LMA
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Booney wrote:.@GerardWhateley reports that the AFL workshopped the current SANFL prelim situation today and, under its rules, would overturn the result and send Woodville-West Torrens into the Grand Final.

That's all this site needs, AFL involvement on the decision :shock:
by LMA
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

Maybe they can billow smoke out a chimney when they have reached a verdict
by LMA
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Ozark get the thumbs up from me
by LMA
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going as a neutral supporter and haven't decided who to support yet.
Can't see myself supporting Norwood, so it might have to be North by process of elimination.

You're gonna need a bigger house with all your closets ;)

You questioning my sexuality or team of choice? :lol:

:D You could just watch Netflix instead, I think they just added The Whole 19 Yards
by LMA
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Booney wrote:Rory Lobb from GWS requesting a trade back to one of the WA based clubs.

Lobb > WCE
Lycett > PA

Perfect.

I thought he might of requested a trade back to Hill Valley 1955
by LMA
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had some customer visits late yesterday, got to one meeting and the project manager had a 1lt bottle of Jacks there for me.

The last job we did together we kicked all his KPI's straight through the uprights for him, kept him under budget and he got a nice little bonus so he thought he'd share a portion of it with me.

Bewdiful.

I prefer it when they bring pens and mouse pads
by LMA
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
LMA wrote:Bootsma would look good in a Camry's tracksuit

If that’s your choice of a partner, thats up to you

NTTAWWT

North Total Trickery Against Woodville West Torrens
by LMA
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shit Coach, Shit Game Plan, Shit Skills but still finished above the Crows. Shit!
by LMA
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Dangerfield leaves - we are better side without him, Sloane is better.
Lever leaves - Kelly is better
McGovern leaves - Over rated, injury prone, don’t need him, got the Fog
Kelly leaves - Doedee is better

You forgot Cameron left. He’s shit can’t kick- we have Milera

The Tippet one must of cut deep though, booed at the Airport :lol:
by LMA
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hard to please, Daisy. You got a ready made 25 year old dual AA goalkicker who can play midfield in exchange for an unknown draftee and a young kid who has had a bad run with injuries. Think about it again.
by LMA
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DVDs Now available at the NAFC reception for those that want to relive one of the the best at days in the history of the game! :D
Also it's the Channel 7 version with ads removed thank christ as the digital pass version was horrific.

Buy 18 and you get one for free.
A bit like the 2007 AFL GF where you could buy 118 and get one free, I still have them! :D

I'm tipping they're stuck together
by LMA
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Financials

True, unlike a few other sides, it can never be said we had 'bandwaggoners' :D

Lol I know at least a few people that only went once a year to watch the Dogs - Like all clubs you had plenty of them (we did too when the good times returned). Pity the glory hunting supporters dont convert to members as much as all clubs would like.

Also known as the Day Release membership
by LMA
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

whufc wrote:
DOC wrote:Wines and Jonas Co-Captains, keeping their numbers.

Over 100 years of history done!

Was one of the last cool traditions getting around.

We didn't get to wear the prison bar or keep our nickname upon entrance to the AFL but have moved on, well most have anyway, this should be no different.
by LMA
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Sidebar - the stance was well executed by Rory Atkins. Looks like he has just been assigned detention :lol:
Errrrr, I know I look silly but Tex said we gotta do this, I'm not sure if I remember how he told me though.

I reckon Tex and Rory would have similar IQ’s wouldn’t they?

I'm pretty sure Tex can't spell IQ
by LMA
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Almost finished Season 2 of Travelers. Interesting enough storyline (even if it does get messy or contain plot holes at times), is well acted and very well directed imho.

Finished season 3 (and now the anxious wait to see if it gets renewed). Fantastic series, it's not Star Wars type of Sci-Fi so even if Sci-Fi isn't your thing I'd still highly recommend it.

I reckon this would be a good one for those who like drinking games. Every time the 'Director' gets a mention, drink up.
by LMA
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under pressure.......

1. Tex
2. Collingwood/West coast - need to back up from last year
3. Hinkley - if port start poorly, he won't see the season out
4. Melbourne
5. Crows

Tex Perkin played for WWT woman's team last Saturday. 3.4 goals. This is an AFLW thread isn't it. :D

The massage table at WWT is definitely 'under pressure' then
by LMA
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Surely the AFLW score differently to the men's games in terms of ranking points?

Erin Phillips 241 points? WTF :shock:

13 Kicks
6 Handballs
6 Tackles

good game yes, 241 point no way in the world.

Tonight Paddy Cripps

33 disposals
4 tackles

115 ranking points.

Point proven.

Clitty licks is an off field stat in the Men's

........yeah I know, sorry to offend
by LMA
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

The Palais, Semaphore :

Having wed there 20 years ago to the day we went back there to celebrate.

Upstairs the Ballroom is no longer the main function space, the marquis on the foreshore caters for that, upstairs is now the bistro.

Wednesday night is steak night, 300g rump with chips for $16. Sauces, $4, reef (prawns and calamari) $9, I went with the reef, Mrs Boon with the pepper.
$45 with salad and veg bar.

Now, I rate the Alberton Hotel salad and veg bar, it's dependable, the Palais might just rival it. Not as much to choose from but excellent what was on offer. Roast pumpkin, whole baby carrots, beetroot, cheesy spuds and broccoli and cauliflower on the hot side. Pasta, Singapore noodle, potato, garden and mixed bean on the cold side. I went roast side, all really good.

Steak came out in a timely manner despite there being a table of 20 odd ordering just before us and around 20 other people in the room, fairly busy.

Both the pepper and the reef came out in a bowl, ney, small bath on the side, I don't mind this. 3 nice big prawns, 3 squid rings and some bits and pieces of squid tentacles, my favorite.

Steak was perfect medium, just enough fat on the edge to keep a man happy and make a woman complain.

Panhead Pale Ale ( If you haven't before and you see it, yes, yes indeed ) $9 pint, Rockfords Alicante, $11 glass, they have to get you somehow.

3 beers, 2 wines, meals total $94 so for the two of us it was up there but being a special occasion meh, so what, good memories flooded back, some laughs, some tears for those who aren't with us anymore.

Food - 9/10, the chef is clearly on top of things
Value - 7.5/10, tap beer and house red without the reef would have made the dent smaller
Atmosphere - 9/10, looking over Semaphore jetty on a nice summers night what more could you ask?

Overall 8.5/10

Wandered down and back up the jetty, back along Semaphore Rd to Sweet Amber where a couple of night caps were in order, some pale stuff for me and some hard* lemonade for her. Miss Boon collected us after Junior dropped us down. Great way to celebrate the night.

I remember when they reopened the Palais some time ago myself and a couple of other pist idiots wandered down one Thursday night after footy training and found their storage room open, we ended up rolling out 3 or 4 kegs of beer then tried ringing everyone we knew to come down with a trailer or ute. Ended up with no takers so we decide to stash the kegs in nearby bushes and a skip near the waterslide and went inside to drink more in the hope of retrieving our loot the next day. I never made it back the next day but one of the guys went back and couldn't find a thing :lol:
by LMA
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Jimmy_041 wrote:I’ve only ever watched 15 minutes of the “elite” competition so I’m probably not qualified to comment

I'd say you're over qualified
by LMA
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Corona Man wrote:Some prick has pinched my thongs!

My dog seeks them out, I have gone through a minimum of 20 pairs since we got her nearly 2 years ago. If she chews up a left one, I keep the right one in case she chews up the right one the next time. After 2 pairs of Havianas, nothing but $1.50 Kmart specials now.
by LMA
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being more involved with the womens gridiron.

We've got goals to field an SA side in the next National comp, and the girls that have been out have been putting in the work.

I took a fair chunk of training last night while the head coach took small groups for another drill, and the girls did great. It's also good to get feedback on my coaching style, as Im still learning as well.

Only downside is Im at gridiron four days a week, involved in coaching three seperate teams, and I don't get to play until September.

You could always play real sport, starts in April ;)
by LMA
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thebarton Oval

Brett just wants them to play there for the close proximity to what's behind the West Thebby Hotel ;)
by LMA
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 - The Players take over, not Carlton but.

I’m in a comp with 22 other blokes, entry is a carton of beer.
Pick the winning team & correct margin of the first game of the round. No one had really gone close until last night.
I had Adelaide to win by 16 pts! One point off winning 17 cartons!!!

I picked Richmond by 33 points tonight.
1 carton...

Remember reading this last year and thought it was a great idea. Enjoy :partyman:
by LMA
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |