Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Who's the man with the big red nose, ooh ah ooh ah ah
by LMA
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ch7 said tonight he will accept GC 5 year offer.
When did a news service stop becoming a factual reporter of the news? lol, sometime ago mate. Some call it fake news, some just call it shithouse news. But the news service seems to have lost it these days.

Shithouse news alright. Channel 9 are always trying to paint PAFC in a bad light every chance they get, ie the pitch invader at the last showdown showing up at his court appearance baiting him to look like a fool while always mentioning which team he supports. Not newsworthy
by LMA
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Week 3- Preliminary Final Week.

For a SANFL thread you guys are sure obsessed with the AFL
1/5 th of the clubs and 5/5ths of the reason the SANFL are a complete farce are AFL. It'd be ignorant not to talk about it in SANFL threads.

The SANFL has become a farce not due to the AFL but due to the lack of retaining players from playing Ammo's or Country. There's no way in hell that Port or Adelaide's B grade would of got anywhere near the top clubs 10 years ago.
by LMA
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Reckon we'll go into the game a bit beaten up after yesterday's game, will take a huge effort to get over the franchise.
Here's some interesting numbers.

Port Semi final team-
Av age 23.04 years
419 AFL games
16 players from an AFL list

Sturt Prelim team
Av age 23.76
125 AFL games
7 players from an AFL list

Go Blues

Take out Monfries games and it's not as damning as you think.
by LMA
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Failed Creation wrote:
It's a shame (not about Ray, pardon the obvious pun) that The Lemonheads won't be playing this show.

However, I'm particularly excited about Veruca Salt and Tumbleweed!

Beat me to the pun, first gig I went to, at the old lion back in the day. It's a shame alright, one of my favourite albums
by LMA
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I must admit I often get on here and stir the SANFL faithful, but I am of the feeling too that it doesn't feel the same if the Magpies win circa 2014. Make no mistake Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide regardless of moniker IMO and I love the development it has given our AFL team, but would probably prefer the old system of the Mini draft on a SANFL level. Port by 26 points

On another note when are they going to drop the N in SANFL, hardly a national comp. American like with their World Series
by LMA
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sad these days that people are so obsessed with social media that the only way to judge a person is based on a few comments.

Nobody said Eddy was to blame, his commitment and efforts were questioned and they weren't up to Port Adelaide standards, he was given a golden opportunity this year most would dream of but wasn't willing to work on his weaknesses and it showed on Sunday
by LMA
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Stunned at the amount of Crowies at work and on the road that assumed and/or expected me to be barracking for them this week due to the SA v VIC thing.
The look on their faces when I reply "**** No"
by LMA
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

I’ve taken Jacobs and Lynch for the Normie
I wanted to take Jacobs into Crows 40+ but Sportsbet wont let me multi it.

Really? Don't they have a promo on 3 line same game multi's for the GF?

I think Norm is outside the same game scope

There 3 leg Same game Multis offer a free hit.

Last week I went Crows 20-39 @ $4 into
Pick Your Line Crows +45.5 @$1.01 into
Danger 20 possies @$1.01

Essentially I was backing 1 leg with the other 2 as insurance
by LMA
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Has anyone heard that Red Bull may be Port's next major sponsor?

I've heard a couple of names, that was one, yes.

Soto's Fish & Chips the other?
by LMA
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Jim05 wrote:Stringer's ex has released her side of the story. Whilst she was pregnant Jake was in a sexual relationship with a 17 year old and he also has a massive gambling problem in which he has blown a six figure sum of their savings.

Kim Duthie has a sister?
by LMA
Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:Charlie Cameron to Brisbane- TBA on Tuesday they reckon

Josh Francou to the Crows as mid field coach

That's no way to go, Francou Un-American
by LMA
Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

FFS you lot, why deprive yourself of enjoyment. We all do stuff in our life that we don't necessarily agree with whether it be for loved ones, employment or whatever. I don't like the path PAFC took by giving up a rich, historic talent zone to the Eagles to keep their AFL players together but I will never stop supporting them for the sheer fact I am a football fan and they are my club.

There are far bigger and real problems in this state, country and world than a potential 38 listed AFL players playing in any given week of the SANFL, to deprive your family and friends of your company at a social gathering like football is selfish IMO and will be looked back on with regret
I have a bit of time for what you put on here, but this post simply shows you just don't get it.
You've barely been affected, just for once I'd love for you to put yourself in our shoes but we all know that won't happen.

It is very hard to put yourself in one's shoes even if we do it's usually token. For that reason, is why we have debate, opinions and disagreement on such platform's like this one. Nothing personal
by LMA
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It might be something as simple as a line in their song that the Vic's want out. A lot of supporters and SA media promote the SA v Vic thing as opposed to Port and majority of other clubs who preach club tradition into supporters and players. Just an obscure thought.
by LMA
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will Minson has a civil engineering degree So he's useless then?

He builds targets not weapons that’s for sure.

But the lowest form of engineer is still better than everyone else ;) The stupidest people I have met professionally have been super dooper qualified Engineers. My favourite one was a senior engineer at a private firm that shall remain nameless that couldn't work out how to fill down in Excel.

Process driven thinkers, mostly. Throw a human problem, something with obtuse logic or out of the ordinary and they can't cope.

Shit mate I didn't realise we worked at the same company :D
by LMA
Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Lobbe seeking trade from Port Adelaide.

To Port Districts?
Did you see him play in the SANFL GF?

Poor bloke is cooked!

Will take that, haven't had a ruckman since 2002 when Wattsy left
by LMA
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Wedgie wrote:Things getting ugly, footage of Lever dumping his Crows gear at the dump. #WeDumpAsOne

Update: Also found at the dump 22 "Premiers 2017" t-shirts
by LMA
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Charlie already gets a holiday in sept

I here the Gold Coast is splendid this time of year
by LMA
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Me too but it’s a slow day at work and I’m hungover so just play along please. ;)

That's terrible.......................on a school night?

It’s school holidays mate! ;)

It's also Night Owls season, Giddyup :drinkers:
by LMA
Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

Bit like the Crows celebrating their GF at Adelaide Oval instead of West Lakes
by LMA
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Realised last night that season 3 of "The Fall' is now on Netflix. Worth a look if you're into Ireland, serial stranglers, or Gillian Anderson.

Top watch this one, ended up downloading S3 before it got to Netflix. The Killing is another of this genre that's pretty good, it's an American version of a Danish show. Might of mentioned this before but for UK detective style shows, Line of Duty and Luther are top notch. Luther has Idris Elba in it, one of the best actors getting around IMO
by LMA
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard the same, has definitely been invited though. Power players to wear their guernseys over their shirts, caps, sneans and a SAFooty lanyard to honour the 200 odd pages of dribble on the PAFC thread.
by LMA
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I laugh at Motlop but funnily enough I wouldn't mind him as direct replacement for Cameron. Offers the same role. But does not make the side stronger! Just covers for what we already had, a low possession getting game breaker when on.
Look what you done to Betts!

I agree Eddie at Carlton was inconsistent to say the least, now he is just inconsistent at the MCG
by LMA
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Collingwood have cut Lachlan Keeffe, Henry Schade, Liam Mackie and Mitch McCarthy from their list.

Bit premature on Schade, I thought he was a smooth operator
by LMA
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Watts would offer a lot of versatility to Port and could be a very handy inclusion. The bloke can play IMO
Only thing holding him back is his lack of ticker

Charlie Dixon will be praying Watts come to Port Adelaide.

For sure, the big fella needs some help whether it be Watts or someone else, Marshall looks another season or 2 away yet
by LMA
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/10/10/tippett-to-gws/

Who's David Schwarz?

In a nutshell, he was a gun forward for Melbourne who could of been as good as Wayne Carey if not for 3 or 4 knee recon's, known for a knee brace akin to a cricket pad and also lost around $750000 on the punt
by LMA
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Budda leaves Panthers

Kane Cornes could be keen, he's tried everything else since retirement :D
by LMA
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

HH3 wrote:So f**ked up. I love it.

Say that again. Pillow slit, zip lock bag and warm lentils :)) :YMSICK:
by LMA
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Canal shopping centre to open a Smashed Av & Smoked Trout eatery just in time for Jack's arrival, right next to Smokemart c**t
by LMA
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Dogwatcher wrote:119. Something for Crows fans to celebrate. Maybe a pointed reminder across the road...

;) ;) ;)

Seeing as you brought that up in this thread, I blame the umpires they cost us at least 17 goals that day ;)
by LMA
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond 2017

Suppose you gotta give them time to find the forum, most Richmond supporters have only been around for a couple of weeks!

;)

Nah we’ve all just been to busy celebrating a flag & watching the dvd replay on repeat to comment on here

For the listeners at home under the age of 25, can you explain what a DVD is?
by LMA
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so... Ports to lose then??
No one else could possibly get close. One and a half games off top this year, surely the minor premiership is now a fait accompli and then its just that 3-4 year waiting period for a prelim win.

Cmon mate if you're looking for a circle jerk revisit the Crows thread from 3 or 4 weeks ago. Some handy inclusions but that's all.
by LMA
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Melbourne must of wanted Watts gone pretty bad to take pick 31 and still pay part of his wage

Gold Coast must be playing hard ball again for GAJ, you think the Cats would've got Ablett and Watts with 19 and 22, they might want both picks for Ablett
Gold coast want a player from our starting 22 along with pick 19 or 22

Id be happy if we didnt get him

I think most footy fans would love to see Ablett back at the Cats but could be a risk at his age, especially if it costs too much.
by LMA
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

My two youngest reckon The Emoji Movie was one of the worst they've seen

Mrs Boon to her OHSC group to see it during the holidays and said she couldn't believe how shit it actually was.

I know IMDB ratings these days aren't perhaps as accurate as they once were, but this movie rates at 2.4/10 and I seriously can't recall ever seeing anything rate even close to that bad.

Probably due to the fact most users would be over 18 but yeah I'm an IMDB visitor often and have never seen any ratings like that
by LMA
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Is pollen regarded as a weather condition?
Just wondering if this is the right thread... I have not had hay fever, like I had today, since about 1990 I reckon. Felt like a knife stabbing into space just to the left of my nose for most of the day, followed by a snot drips, or sneezing and a pulsating headache!!! Thank **** for the rain when it came.

Saturday and Sunday both shite. Nasal spray + tablets = just working.

Yeah got onto the nasonex spray this year on docs advice. haven't sneezed once and usually terrible! GOLD

Sneezing for men is like crying for women, we need to be able to let out a series of over exaggerated noisy bellows followed by some random expletives such as "you bastard" every now and then, it keeps us primal
by LMA
Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAF FOOTY HOGG SHIELD GROUP

Hi everyone, not sure if you all know but there is a group function on Supercoach that allows everyone in the Hogg Shield to join and it just ranks you for points for the season amongst other Hogg Shield participants. Im hoping if we can get everyone in the Hogg to join it would help out RIKEBOY a fair bit. It also means when supercoach comes out of lockout you can see where you are ranked for the highest point scorer in Hogg rather than having to wait for RIK to update on a Tuesday or Wednesday

The group is called
SAF HOGG SHIELD
the code is 307030

Good luck to everyone for the year ahead

Do you need Facebook or Twitter to join, I typed in group name and all I seemed to of done is replicate the name of the group with me being the only participant
by LMA
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2018

Dunno! But with a name like that, **** him off :)
by LMA
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Teams and their EPL equivalents

West Ham and the Crows - Forever blowing Chardonnay bubbles
by LMA
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

FYI for anyone going to the Day on the Green on the 17th.
There are buses leaving from Glenelg around midday every 30 minutes or so and returning after the concert has finished back at Glenelg.
$40 return.
You have to Pre book though.

Me and 4 mates are doing this.

Got a ticket for $25 including transport through my work social club, might see you there.
by LMA
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Jenkins will be playing in the NEAFL in by 2020 and the AFLW by 2023 once his transition is complete
by LMA
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Agreed Port should of left when going into the AFL but the SANFL didn't want to lose it's biggest commodity.
Interesting if they had have left if we would still hear the same froff about Port not being Port
by LMA
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

When I was 13 we drove to Sydney, once the radio reception dropped out we only had 1 cassette to play. It took me until my mid 30's before I could listen to CCR again %-(
by LMA
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 1 - 2018 - A 4 week build up.

JK wrote:First time I've seen Fogarty, bloody hell looks a talent

Sure does, Gibbs should of honoured his strong lead before. Hungry!
by LMA
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Rowe is right up the list with Ian Healy, David King and Jars

You forgot the grandaddy of em all. KG
by LMA
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1

Yep you got it, if you can I would loop it earlier because the Geelong game is one of the last for the round, if Constable is a late in your gonna have to change the Capt to any if any decent players yet to play
by LMA
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Corona Man wrote:Showing my age here but Powell-Peppers socks down running style (plus the #2 jumper) reminds me of Darrel Cahill.

Reminded me of Rohan Smith :D
by LMA
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL House will never admit they're wrong. The 50's are here to stay, until the finals at least, when they don't want the backlash if a team loses over the farcical rule.
by LMA
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gawn should be dropped for that.
Maybe if the pea hearts had done a decent pre season

LOL Jim please, he was Melbourne’s best player.
An Auskick kid could have kicked that goal, simply not acceptable.

Vision has surfaced of a Geelong player putting some yellow tape in down his shorts immediately before Max Gawn's shot. Definitely had some reverse swing about it
by LMA
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles and Crows fans, so so alike
by LMA
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated bands/artists/songs/albums

Not everyone can be as creative as Patton or have the freedom to do what they want like him, carry on like that is akin to that flog Kanye. Bagging out muso's because you don't like their sound is arrogant. FWIW I can't stand Wolfmother but as a massive music lover who doesn't possess one iota of musical know how, I respect and am sometimes envious of musicians whether I like them or hate them.
by LMA
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |