Search found 387 matches

Return

Re: Crows reserves supporters

As someone who grew up in the country I always followed West Adelaide because that is our zone. We either wear the jumper for Westies juniors, or have good mates that go through the system. It is a logical choice. I might be naive but I would think that juniors in our area will still think the same way.

Being a crows AFL supporter I have always checked the SANFL results on a Sunday to see how the guys went that didn't get a game for the Crows. I still do this but instead of looking across multiple stats sheets it's in one. I have enjoyed reading the passionate supporters going apeshit on here, but deep down I feel sorry for you guys because the league you have loved (a lot more than I) is slowly disintegrating into something else.

I'm not a Crows SANFL supporter, but like Benny I also find myself having an interest in them simply because of the level of dissent shown by some on here.
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Footy Chick wrote:Owen? man..havens are going to have the fittest d grade in existance!

A ruthless man but loved by every player who played for him. I've had a few coaches that I have really liked but I would probably rate Owie as the best. Still is respected as if he was still the coach.
by Boosh
Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

In other sad news - Kayne West has today been found alive.
by Corona Man
Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

Would have been planned all along to be used at some point.
He would've just been unsure when.

PS: The clear highlight for me was Fake Sansa.
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 24, 2016 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 and a sesquipedalian word from Spargo.

To me Betts had to stop doing that. He tunnells blokes, never touches the footy in a lot of marking contests, dangerous. Does it more then you think. At the moment it's a free kick, but it's a concern.

Tunneling are you kidding me. Had eyes for the ball, seen it was going over the top so he turned to go where the ball was going as kennedy was leaping to the contest. Pure accident, anyone who has played forwards know as soon as you know that ball is going over your head you pull up, turn and go

Rubbish! Anyone who has played forward knows that if the ball is going over your head that you just abuse the shit out of the midfield/half forwards and blame it on them 100% of the time....
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat May 28, 2016 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confabulate upon Round 12

A selection blow for the Dees with Travis Cloke dropped by Collingwood for the Queens Birthday game.
by Corona Man
Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Ray Donovan is back in 2 weeks!!
One of my favourites
by The Ash Man
Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympic Games - Rio 2016 - XXXI Olympiad

Gerard Whateley's call was sensational
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympic Games - Rio 2016 - XXXI Olympiad

I heard rowing, atleast the men's quad final was 10-52pm
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Richmond would trade for a burnt crumpet
by Brodlach
Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

This is just wonderful - one bloke jumps a fence and all of a sudden we're back bashing other random clubs for no apparent reason.

I know it's a slow news week but puuuuh-lease people, give it a rest

Whoever prompted this discussion is sitting back like Lardass Hogan after the Pie Eating contest :D

A Stand By Me quote, you're a man after my own heart LMA ;)
by Footy Chick
Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

LMA wrote:I suggest the National Anthem on Anzac Day and the Grand Final day ONLY

and the Last post only on Anzac day too
by daysofourlives
Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

Lost count of Daniel's goal assists....best on
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, Eagles been underwhelming most of the season but cost Crows a top 4 spot .. Id say most SAFooty goers OK with that
by JK
Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

The issue is you can fix professionalism you can tell someone to get more talent, so no matter how professional you are you may never have the talent

But professionalism gets the most out of the talent you have.
Be as talented as you like, but if you can't be professional in what you do, your talent will never be maximised and you might be gone before it can be fixed.

Of course. But on a show like this, you are more likely to find a guy that was talented but lazy and get him to afl standard, than a guy who has been busting his arse all his life - if that guy was good enough he would likely be on a list already.
by bennymacca
Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

This could start a new topic...what's the worst thing you've done on the footy field!

I literally shit myself whilst playing for the southern eagles. We had white shorts that day as well wasn't a great moment. Big feed of KFC hot and spicy the night before with a blend of 28 Red cans was a recipe for disaster.

Defiantly the worst thing I've done one the footy field.
by carey
Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Brodlach wrote:Bews looks a likely type

A lot of bbbbbbaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll can be heard tonight

A lot of Adelaide teams on footy trips in Melbourne???
by carey
Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Pure Ladder

I gotta ask mate....Why do you bother?
Your like one of those sci-fans who losses his sh$t when their favourite show gets cancelled and they lobby and picket and do petitions....but it is what it is mate. Let it go. It's a ten team comp with Port and Crows Reserves.20 people under psodonyms bitching and moaning isn't going to do a thing to change it.
I'm guessing you contribute to that hilarious 2,000 page no afl thread. Some funny stuff in there
It's a serious question though, I'm not trying to be an a$$hole but why do you bother?
by thegrowler
Tue May 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

That was a uniting moment, in more ways than one.
All the men in the world wanted to be him.
All the women in the world wanted to be her.
Everyone in the world was sickened by what that actually meant.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:And if Gibbs comes to Adelaide you would have a number 1 pick too.

He is still keen to come home, but I have heard that the Gibbs clan was far from impressed with how the Crows handled last year's negotiations, so he might be a Power player next year.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Week 2

Eagles need to sack their fitness dept. Need to get their skin fold calipers calibrated I reckon

Mate you're a fitness guru.......you putting your hand up for the gig?

If fitness guru was downing pints then I'm the man but I know a fat **** or 3 when I see them.

We downed a few yesterday.............. :lol:
by amber_fluid
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

That's fine, Booney. I have nothing against Power squad members playing for Port, I just know that they see themselves as Power players, not Magpies. Any sensible person would. Ask any one of them. I would be very surprised if they didn't say they belong to the Power before they would say they belong to the Magpies.
Cheers

I think you'll find they see themselves as Port Adelaide footballers, but hey ho.
by Booney
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

You don't need to go to the footy to see some dubious fan outfits. Go down West Lakes Mall when the Crows are up and about and you'll see just about every man over 50 wearing a Crows cap and you'll even see the Dave's & Cheryl's (both over 50's) wearing full kit matching Crows sweats. :YMSICK:
The best thing about the Power merch is that it is wearable outside of footy IMO.

Crows stuff... ehhh not so much.
by morell
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What if you just feel comfortable wearing a hat all the time? What if you're sporting a Bruce Doull hair do and want to cover up because you're a little sensitive about it?

What about the pelicans who wear a cap backwards, sunnies on their head and then spend the game squinting into the sun or using their hands as a visor :lol: :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just so the thread doesn't get continually derailed, here are morell's top 10 style tips for the unassuming gentleman (21+) attending the football

1. Under no circumstances should you wear game day apparel (guernsey, shorts) unless you're a player in said team. Grand Finals excepted.
2. Gimmick items normally purchased at the Royal Adelaide show (jester hats, wizard hats, mohawks et al) are never permissible.
3. Caps are totally fine on sunny days, provided they are worn frontwards to protect from the sun. Never backwards! Ever!
4. Merchandise should either be new and relevant to the season or vintage. Please stop wearing that faded polo from 2011.
5. Scarves/Beanies are great, in fact encouraged. Smothering them in player badges or other shit, is not. Sauce and mustard stains understandable.
6. Face painting? Are you ******* 8 years old? No.
7. Weather appropriate clothes please. No one cares about your beach biceps. You look like a twat freezing in the cold with your sleeveless vest.
8. Sunglasses obviously an essential item, but try and find a pair that don't look like they're from the Caltex on O'Connell street.
9. Its a rule in life, but never, ever wear sneakers with jeans. Ever. No excuses, I don't care if they're super expensive retro Nikes. Grow up.
10. Football should be neat casual. Enough with the nightclub attire because you think there might be someone drunk and cute on the hill.

Ok, there we go, now back to the footy!
by morell
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

1 week premiership reunion !! Yewwww
by bubba love
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Ch7 news - interview one of the Crows cheer squad.. "the banner could intimidate the Cats" :shock: :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

I don't have a pic of the actual shirt, only the photo that went on it lol.

In other news, while on NH.. i heard a whisper yesterday that they've secured the services of a VERY good, 200 game, 3x BnF winning former SANFL captain for next season..

Is he playing in a GF this weekend?
Yes.

Arguably have the best player in the whole Adelaide Footy League running around in D3. Boy oh boy wowee.
by jo172
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Reports that the Crows met with Clayton Oliver today and that he is open to a move to Adelaide as part of any Lever deal

Sounds more like a Facebook rumour.
It would be Melbourne wanting Lever and a first rounder for Oliver!

Turn it up
Midfielders grow on trees

So do unaccountable third defenders
by Jim05
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

I must admit I often get on here and stir the SANFL faithful, but I am of the feeling too that it doesn't feel the same if the Magpies win circa 2014. Make no mistake Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide regardless of moniker IMO and I love the development it has given our AFL team, but would probably prefer the old system of the Mini draft on a SANFL level. Port by 26 points

On another note when are they going to drop the N in SANFL, hardly a national comp. American like with their World Series

No, it won't feel the same and there's few people on here that will understand what feelings you and I, and a couple of others, will have.

Regardless, a team wearing prison bars in the SANFL Grand final means I'm there and I'm wanting them to win. I couldn't have it any other way.
by Booney
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

So proud of my daughter, I told her I would be cheering for the Crows as I like Eddie and have a lot of relatives including my parents who are Crows fans. She is going to the game and said she is going for Richmond as the Crows suporters are such morons.
She hates the Crows more than me, so proud!
:lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

I'm 47. I've been to 4 or 5 grand finals dating back to 1998 and been a supporter of Sturt since about '75. My lad, who's 8 has been to three games, two that he can remember, the 2016 GF and the 2017 GF. We think he might be the omen!
by gadj1976
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow and stuff.

"Hello darkness my old friend" as they are showing Majak Daw
by RustyCage
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Win or lose make sure all you Crows fans get to Adelaide Oval on Sunday for a huge day welcoming home the players.
AO are putting on most of their staff to cater for it. Bars open from about 12.30.
Official announcement coming soon.

Seems silly. They should have held it at the clubs home base where fans get togethe....actually, never mind.
by Booney
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is still a connection though
by Jimmy_041
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:If Watts went to the Crows where would he play? I’m not sure

At Richmond Oval, Alberton, The Parade, Unley etc.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morning all.

Great day.
by Booney
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would suggest, HazyDog, that the Magpies faithful could not stay away from the club they loved.
Take me for instance. I cannot stay away from the Blues, yet they endorsed the reserves concept. Do I therefore have to give up my club in order to voice a concern about things?
I think there are a few Magpies in the same spot as me; not happy about things, but unable to simply drop a part of their life that has meant so much to them.
It would also be interesting to see an Eagles v Crows Grand Final. We could then type the opposite of your last post, not much doubt about that.
by therisingblues
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Testament to the greatness of the achievement.
I dare say no Marty Mattner, and Port would have run all over us, nay, we probably wouldn't have even been there and you would have been dealing with Central.

That aside, I will acknowledge that most of the Port fans I met during the finals series really wanted that SANFL flag, and showed a lot of passion at the GF. Cannot say for certain how many Crows fans would turn up to see their team if it made a SANFL GF and what level of engagement they would have with the game. But for me, this is a major part of footy, if you have a representative side in a competition and you don't give a damn if that side wins or loses and the whole competition in your eyes is a bit of a bore then I want you to **** off, pronto. Port showed so much more than that at this year's GF, and (all of the other issues to one side) my respect for that club has grown, proportionately.
A handful of posters have come on here consistently unable to understand how passion could matter so much in a competition. They take it for granted in the AFL, they don't notice its absence because they are surrounded by it, and I must be speaking fairy tales when I mention it. But I have faith that a few thousand Port fans now realise how important it is, as they rediscovered their passion for the Magpies this year.
by therisingblues
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last one :

"I'm glad he didn't get a premiership medal!"

:lol:
by Booney
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:JJ plays his role and he might look like a KPP but he's not.
If he was 5'10" we'd all be singing his praisrs

If his role on Saturday was to run and hide when the ball came near him..... he played very well! ;)
by amber_fluid
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Image

I can't stand this f*ckwit!
How he has remained employed all these years is beyond me.

Whilst I feel for the majority of crows supporters, It's morons like him that give us non crows supporters great delight in seeing them lose.
by amber_fluid
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Redden in for the eagles want to get a lot fitter than he was this year back at his home club.

Makes no difference. For years our club has tolerated a number of players who are/have been clearly overweight. With Wundke leaving the club we have lost a lot of ballast that Redden (even if unfit) won't fully make up.
by Mr Fuller
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, I have an interest - but not like it once was. That said, very little interest in WWT. I watch the occasional game on TV, but for the 1st time since 1975 I didn't attend a match this season. I stay in touch through here but even that has wained since not attending games. It is my son who wants us to return, I'm not so sure I can but 'risingblues' point about going but not wearing colours might be the way back, who knows?
Return as a spectator - not as a member.
by Pseudo
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Someone will pick him up, and it'll free space in the Port cap as well, and get rid of some dead wood.

Who?
They tried to off load him last year and no one wanted him.........

Adelaide could be keen. Sauce and Ketchup

They should get Smith in that case, Fritz and Sauce.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Anyone else still just dropping "Yellow and black" into their thoughts throughout the day?

No quite the opposite actually. I've found myself humming.... we're the pride of south Australia.... often followed by a giggle outburst.
by Corona Man
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of trade, I was looking on ebay the other day and noticed someone was trying to sell a 6 pack of West End Draught 2004 Premiership cans for $400.

I bought a carton at the same time and still have it, not sure whether it's worth holding on to and then the wife and I were having a debate on whether it would decrease or increase in value should Port win another flag ?

Well whoever gets your inheritance might be interested in cause you're not going to see it!

Never know mate, we might finish top win both our finals at home easily and face a joke in the Grand Final and....oh.....
by Booney
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

It's a shame (not about Ray, pardon the obvious pun) that The Lemonheads won't be playing this show.

However, I'm particularly excited about Veruca Salt and Tumbleweed!

Beat me to the pun, first gig I went to, at the old lion back in the day. It's a shame alright, one of my favourite albums

Funnily enough, with my first ever pay cheque, I bought Veruca Salt's American Thighs , The Lemonheads' The Best of the Lemonheads: The Atlantic Years , and Sex Pistols' The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle .
by Failed Creation
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |