Search found 786 matches

Return

Re: Well played North supporters

bennymacca wrote:still think you guys have overreacted though.
<Bangs head against wall>
by RB
Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: '87 State of Orgin Game

Lol I bet the Vics all voted for that one on Chooseday Night Football thinking that it was probably a Victoria win.
by RB
Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

klaan wrote:If they can't make money this year with an extra $100,000 in the coffers, how will they in the future?

I personally thought that hard work was the way to go - sometimes the 'easy' option doesn't work. $laven obviously thought otherwise.
by RB
Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Average and median crowd figures to Round 8

Tipper to replace Leigh Whicker. :-)
by RB
Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Smyth's Magarey Medal viewpoint..

How about leave the Magarey as it is, and the AFL teams can make up some other medal if they want.
by RB
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

I cannot believe how selfish Scared Heart College is.... Gregson is an out for Glenelg to play school football.. What benefit is this to either Gregson or Glenelg.. About time the SANFL stood up to the Colleges.
Sacred Heart probably have a better team.
True, but better for his development to play league football against men.
by RB
Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

Aerie wrote:I guess fixturing what was a success (the Oct GF) to AFL Prelim Final weekend illustrated the need to satisfy AFL team needs over the good of the SANFL competition.

If ever anyone was in doubt about the priorities of Whicker, Davies etc., this should put pay to that doubt.
by RB
Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double header at Adelaide oval

A quadruple header would be stupid. Going to two games is OK, three is a stretch, but no-one would ever watch four games in the one day, so why would they all be scheduled on the one day? Have two on Saturday, two on Sunday, all at Adelaide Oval, and send the interlopers off to play in Addis Ababa or some bloody place.
by RB
Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

The worst part of C7 getting the gig is the complete bending over the clubs have to do to fit into their schedule. Norwood already had a ridiculous 12:30 game early in the season and tomorrow we play a stupid 1:10 game just to suit them

Yep, terrible for the Clubs that they may have had to move forward by an hour considering it's on the main channel leading into the AFL broadcast............ You're a hard man to please Jim.
Its shouldnt be about appeasing the people sitting at home in their lounge. Its about the loyal fans who rock up each week
Exactly.
by RB
Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Lol they don't even have home games and they're patting themselves on the back. Eat your heart out, Phil Herden. :lol:
by RB
Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 17 Norwood v Port

Lol, M35 you're a better apologist for the reserves farce than most Power supporters.
by RB
Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And the reserves apologists disappear when stories like this come along.
by RB
Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers Stadium (Sat T 2

Jim05 wrote:she has been to plenty of games this year but thought tonights was the most abusive she has witnessed.

Really there should be some sort of yearly prize for abusing Crows players/fans/CEOs.
by RB
Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9

Still can't find this Power Reserves team!
Jesus H. Christ, there are only ten teams, it's not that hard. I'll give you a hint, they contain about 18 Power players in their 21. :roll:

Not sure if you can read or not but it list Port Adelaide Magpies as playing norwood this week.
And the Kraken awakes...

Not sure why some people use this forum only to demonstrate their stupidity.
by RB
Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else hear former Port player and now commentator Dwayne Russell last night?
Said that Box Hill should play whoever they like in the VFL and cant believe that Williamstown are upset over McEvoy playing.
Said the VFL is there to prepare AFL players and that the VFL, SANFL and WAFL need to realise they are a feeder comp for the AFL and do whats best for them. Then said if it wasnt for the AFL reserves sides in these comps they wouldnt attract decent players or attention. WADH!
Sums up what's wrong with the attitude of the AFL, AFL clubs, media, AFL-only fans, league directors etc. to a once-great competition.
by RB
Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

But they've never been in one...
by RB
Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

The final Pure Pure Sanfl ladder:

South Adelaide
Central District
by RB
Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

southee wrote:Can hardly type .... Completely and utterly shattered tonight .

Worst feeling in the world ....still welling up in tears. :(

Just lost for words.

We've all been there southee, and it is shattering. It'll take a few days. All I can say is, your side is on the way up.
by RB
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Media Poll - vote for safooty.net

Zac, I and the SANFL web site are not included
Because, Zac & I are running the survey between us and the survey is being run on the SANFL web site.

I appreciate the comments but it important the survey organisers can't win and sometimes it is nice to give rather than receive.

BTW each section has an open comments piece so you can add thoughts as you like.

Oh dear. :shock:

On surveys I would love each SANFL club member to be receive a survey from the SANFL seeking feedback on a range of footy issues including media . I think if professionally done and the survey was about ( as ALL surveys to customers should be) improving the "business" a lot would come out of it. As it stands now these surveys are a snapshot of a minority IMO.
OMFG Has somebody punched you today?

Phil went to the bother of setting up the survey, but he (understandably IMO) doesn't want to win it himself, and you're bagging him for it?
by RB
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

MONSFAW. That is all.
by RB
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hard to cop for Bruggeman, being dropped for Butcher. Imagine knowing that that donkey is playing instead of you.
by RB
Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought it was totally appropriate that Summerton missed an opportunity to put Port ahead late in the last quarter. That's what we call karma for deserting your values and playing with the Power Reserves this year after bagging the club last year about threatening to do exactly what they ended up doing.
Summo's miss sure was the highlight of my day.
by RB
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Can assure you we were all fairly nervous with that last bomb into your forward 50

Was watching on TV and when the siren sounded, I had this great feeling if relief, not wanting the AFL reserves to win. Then I felt dirty cause I was celebrating a Norwood win. These are strange times.
by RB
Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Name your top 3 in 2015. The rest doesn't count.

kickinit wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:1. South

2. Norwood

3. North

Power Reserves DO NOT COUNT they are just a parasitic AFL VIRUS !!!!!!

Hey apache just checked the SANFL website and could't find a team named power reserve couldn't you help me to find them?

It's the one with all the Power reserves players in it.
by RB
Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Rematch

But Norwood have never played the Power reserves on Anzac Day...
by RB
Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Yeah, I was surprised and somewhat disappointed to see the head come off and reveal that there was just a man inside.
by RB
Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

UK Fan wrote:"we(Port Adelaide) got 40000 to the GF last year"

Yeah, Port drew 40,000 Norwood fans to the GF. :roll:
by RB
Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FFA Cup

i guess people find something to whinge about. Good crowd for the final, more exposure for the sport. First year doing it,, obviously there will be some hiccups...

yep lets still bitch.

Drama for the sake of drama...that's what the world is coming to mate. We just have to get used to it.
It's only coming from the usual source though, so predictable ;)

Couldn't make it to the game, wish I had made more of an effort after watching the second half last night looked like a typical cup game and you could feel the atmosphere.
You can see on which game AU's focus was on, last Friday night against Brisbane they were a shadow of what they played in the cup final.

lol this whole thread had only 5 pages of chat for the entire tournament (and the majority of that was about Adelaide city) until the final and now it's the most prestigious trophy in world sport
According to whom? A couple of posters said they're happy Utd. won the Cup, no-one's saying it's the most prestigious trophy in world sport.
by RB
Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

bennymacca wrote:love richie benaud. he is like everyone's second grandpa

You mean third? ;-)
by RB
Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asian Cup 2015

Not sure if anyone saw the Foxtel panel at half time, Rudan and Aloisi basically saying Williams is bent, penalizes those who've criticized him in the past, etc. I'll be interested in the fallout from it (is kickinit an expert in defamation too?). Entertaining TV.

On a more serious note, I don't know how Williams gets a gig in the A-League, let alone the Asian Cup, let alone the World Cup.
by RB
Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I don't know why everyone's talking about boycotting OTR, I always enjoy his posts.
by RB
Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:get the Guinness, Kilkenny flowing and get the Jamesons on Ice!

I hear they've got nine days till their next match...
by RB
Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Ingorudi wrote:Pity it will be with the power reserves mate. And to the south guy I think you should worry about your own back yard mate looking at your clubs record over the past 35 years

You must be new here.
by RB
Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Absolutely loving seeing the Poms get done. They're so pathetic that I don't even feel one iota of sympathy.

Can't believe they didn't pick Petersen - actually plays with aggression and without fear, and has experience in pressure situations. Love or hate the bloke, unlike the XI precious quinoa-munching fairies that played today, he at least has some ticker.

Bring on the Ashes.
by RB
Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

And definitely a captain of footy trips.
by RB
Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

Either way, it shows what a farce the competition has become when people support two teams in it.
by RB
Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 and all that it brings

DOC wrote:Speaking of Bomber, saw him on Footy 360 and on the radio yesterday. He maintains that he never received the face to face invite that Essendon said he did.

He was probably high at the time.
by RB
Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Glenelg v Adelaide @ Gliderol (Fri N 24/4)

It was probably a case of the last person out put off the lights.
by RB
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 - Live Scores and waffle

Didn't take the game on. Just chip chip chip, switch, then switch bank, then switch back again before chipping it around a bit more. Aren't going to win too many games of footy doing that.
When is Hocking going to cop some heat?
Their style is ordinary and should be playing alot better football with all the leg ups they have got
I rate his game plan more highly than the one he used that time at Peel.
by RB
Sat May 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Maybe he's on dial-up.
by RB
Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

I wouldn't underestimate Tajikistan, Jim. They've got some world class players, in fact some of the best players in the Tajikistani League play for them. With Makhmudov in the engine room, they could be lethal if we allow Fatkhuolev too much space. Tokhirov must be well-marked as well if we're to have any chance, and, as always, I expect Rajabov to be a rock in defence. Very much looking forward to Socceroos v Tajikistan, hopefully we'll see another chapter written in this epic rivalry.
by RB
Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

meh
I look at comments such as these and on one hand, I get the whole "No AFL in the SANFL" thing but then we wouldn't have an opportunity like we have this weekend to showcase some of the state's best football talent in our back yard.
No other club in the history of the SANFL has ever had the initiative to cater for the regional crowd in this area by playing a match for premiership points in Balaklava.
We're chuffed to have it, even if it isn't a "traditional" SANFL club competing. We've put in so much time and effort into preparing to host it and we're looking forward to holding it on Sunday. Jam your apathy.

There have been plenty of SANFL games in the bush before.

With the current look of the Adelaide Reserves due to the Crows injury list many of the players will be "bush" top up players who would have never achieved an SANFL game than by default.
I didn't say that, I'm referring to our region.

And on the second point you could argue the same with the AFL expansion clubs giving more draft hopefuls a chance. For blokes like Charlie Molyneux who play country footy and can clearly mix it at League level, I think getting that opportunity is brilliant.
No doubt it's brilliant for Charlie, but the majority of Crows reserves top-up players are getting league games otherwise than on merit. Given the proud 140-year history of the SANFL, that quite frankly sucks.
by RB
Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 1945-1990

Ken Farmer kicked 100 every year from 1930 to 1940... ;-)
by RB
Thu May 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I disagree the comp was on a downward spiral in the last few years.

Crowd numbers have been trending downwards for a long time now, correct?

No, relatively stable for a decade before the decline when the AFL teams became involved.
Interest, memberships and sponsorships were relatively stable for that period too.
Having the Crows and Power in is a complete failure.
That's my reading of the figures. The GF crowd in 2013 being the biggest since (I think) 1999 shows that the interest from the general public (cf. the diehard supporter who goes every week) was at least the same as it was fifteen years ago.

The SANFL was affected by, yet survived, the introduction of the Crows and the Power. It has survived other difficulties such as financial pressures (e.g. North Adelaide - mainly thanks to the fans), substantially less media coverage etc.

IMO, the acceptance of $50k from the AFL cancers for admittance into the SANFL is less a concession that the SANFL is somehow inevitably going to fade away than a sign that the six bendover clubs, and in particular the league directors, just didn't have the stomach to work hard enough to maintain interest in the comp.

Take the Eagles for example (who BTW had made a profit in the year before the reserves decision was made despite big write-downs of assets). When asked how the club was going to get new fans from people born from 2013 onwards, given the saturation of the Crows and Power in the media who are now competing in the same competition as the Eagles, Kurt Slaven replied that it was up to us (the ~200 members who'd gathered to hear him) to introduce young fans from our families to the club. Apart from the fact that most of those members were well past the normal child-bearing age, this way is obviously never going to lead to the current supporters being able to even replace themselves.

The six league directors who voted in favour did so, in part, because it was far, far easier to bank a cheque for $50,000 every year than to actually get off their fat arses and do some work in the community, the sort of work that only Phil Herden does. The boards should be doing the same thing as Phil.

No-one can seriously maintain, looking at the crowd numbers, that the interest in the SANFL was on the wane. Additionally, the past has proven that when times are tough re the SANFL, it is possible to marshal support from the people who come out of the woodwork. I fear that the only people who will 'come out of the woodwork' now, are Taylor Walker fans.
by RB
Mon May 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like the idea of No AFL in the SANFL.
by RB
Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - Central v Port @ Playford Alive (Sat 6/6)

CUTTERMAN wrote:They don't go to Elizabeth...too much of a Centrals feel to the ground so they've boycotted it.

Come to think of it, Elizabeth does have a bit of a Centrals feel to it.
by RB
Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

whufc wrote:
locky801 wrote:Good start, bloody raining. :roll:

Oh really im stuck at work until 9:30

I'm stuck watching State of Origin till 9.30.
by RB
Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Got him!
by RB
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood FC statement

Dogwatcher wrote:Filling holes. Crowding zones.

Exactly.
by RB
Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |