Search found 786 matches

Return

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

DOC wrote:What a shit time to schedule a match. What the **** is wrong with 1410?

I'm still waiting to find out what was wrong with 1420.
by RB
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Be interesting to see how he goes in 2035.
by RB
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I would've thought Houston Apollo would make more sense, or perhaps even Canaveral Apollo.
by RB
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

daysofourlives wrote:Is there any evidence there was ever a positive test in the 1st place, sounds real fishy to me.

In fairness, everything sounds real fishy to you though.
by RB
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Both Crows & Power broke their contract with the SANFL this year. The comp has not been any worse without them (apart from clubs missing out on the money from the Crows). Perfect time to get rid of them.

While it would be good, could one of the unintended consequences be that we no longer have SANFL on Free-to-Air telly? I'd rather the league had integrity than TV coverage, if that's what it comes to.
by RB
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US

Its all on the YOU TUBE mate look at other alternate News Sources

I gave up watching the lies on 2 7 9 10 have been dishing out for years.

Its all at ya finger tips so have a look if ya got the time.

I asked you to name some of the Democrats' radical policies - not a hard ask I wouldn't have thought given you've got plenty to say on the matter.

And all you can do is to refer me to Youtube?

Also, it's interesting how you disregard 2 7 9 10, and instead take your news from a Youtuber called 'Electric Infected'.

Now by all means I agree with your general comments about keeping an open mind and actively seeking out the truth. I just find it unusual that 'Electric Infected' and other Youtubers (which tend coincidentally to suit your narrative) are taken as gospel, while the major TV networks and national newspapers and news sites are all Marxist propaganda.

Here is one snippet i found so easy to find info re New York.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFVJ2nJJXlk

Also lets mention California the common denominator yep Democrat run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMKru8S1Gd4

I watched your videos.

One taught me that there's a lot of crime in New York. Hardly a news flash. Not sure what it's meant to prove anyway - there's a hell of a lot of crime in Republican cities as well.

The video about California was mostly about how the housing market is making it very difficult for most people to buy even modest houses.

Definitely an important issue, but all it did was demonstrate that the free market economy is alive and well in California, a mainly Democrat-controlled state. Again, I'm not sure what is meant to be loony or radical about allowing the market to decide the price of real estate. In fact quite the opposite I would have thought.

That's up to the serving American president to nominate a judge to SCOTUS as has been the practice for the last 29 instances over the years.

Well it was - until four years ago when the Republican-controlled Senate trashed the practice (months and months before the election). I guess I'm not surprised that you're trying to justify the hypocrisy. It does require some mental somersaults though.
by RB
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

I'm assuming that Andrews was full-time?

Apparently the Football Commission or league directors are meeting tonight and are expected to determine that there'll be no full-time coaches in the SANFL in the future.

Not sure why they'd impose that restriction or how it'll be enforced, but perhaps that has something to do with Andrews getting the sack. I'm not sure whether Grima is FT.

Apparently they're also going to reduce the salary cap to $304k.
by RB
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fact that you equate BLM with white supremacists says a lot about your reasoning skills.
by RB
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The polls have Biden leading
The same polls that predicted Hilary would win.

There are a few points to make here regarding polling:

1. The result of the election in many respects reflected the polling - i.e. Hillary winning the popular vote by 2-3%. Although the Electoral College determines the presidency, it was not unreasonable to presume that it would reflect the popular vote - it had only failed to do so once since the 19th century.
2. Trump's Electoral College win was within the margin of error for most pollsters. FiveThirtyEight, won of the most respected polling aggregators, gave Trump a 30% chance of winning on election day, and was at pains to stress in the weeks prior that a Trump victory remained a distinct possibility.
3. Trump's vote was remarkably efficient - i.e. won the narrow contests and didn't waste votes in safe states. Of course, this could happen again, but the Democrats have had four years to study the 2016 campaign and work out what went wrong, and how they can do better next time in terms of focusing on the right states. I'll admit though that this is beyond the control of pollsters.
4. To the extent that there was a polling error, it seems that the major contributor was insufficient state-based rather than national polls, and the failure to weigh education in making predictions. These issues have both been largely resolved.
5. Biden's lead in polls at this time was far greater than Hillary's.

Point number 5 could prove decisive. Although it may narrow between now and the election (which would matter less than usual as there is far more early voting this time around), there are fewer 'late deciders' this time around. Trump won those voters comfortably four years ago.

I would definitely not write off Trump, but comparing polling now with polling four years ago is like comparing apples with oranges.
by RB
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Very well written Magellan. I liked your second Paragraph.
Funny how in recent years bar last year the winner has come from the Prelim Final.
In 2015 the Eagles where easily the best side, but I always worried about WA, We could not beat them easily during H/A matches and then we went into GF with injuries.
In 2016 with a good season I was very confident as a supporter. We beat Sturt easily during the year.We comfortably beat Sturt in the second semi and that year SA was second best side but Sturt easily beat us in a GF that I thought we just had to show up to. Our unbeaten reserves got their pants pulled down that year as well.
I think what I've learned from the last ten years is not to place any weight on non-knockout finals.

In 2011, Norwood flogged WWT in the QF and anyone would've thought they were going on to win the flag. Two weeks later, after a non-performance in the PF, they're eliminated, and the Eagles go on to win the premiership.

In 2015 and 2016, the Eagles win thru via the 2SF and lose both grand finals, again performing well below expectations.

Then this year, one side plays one of their best games of the year in the 2SF, the other their worst, before that's flipped around totally two weeks later.

I'm sure there are many more examples, for instance Richmond the other night. My conclusion is that non-knockout finals occur in a different universe to reality and performances in them should be somewhat disregarded (as many on here rightly did) heading into the important one.
by RB
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Lol did you miss anyone?

Well done "Eddie Eagle"

I can tell you North supporters did not miss any Eagle supporter during and after the 2nd semi, It's just pay back, also known as Karma.

Actually, karma is a philosophical concept in Buddhism associated with causality and rebirth, often misused by boofheads when they're referring to fatuous notions of 'payback'.

Anyway, I would've thought the best payback is to enjoy the win.
by RB
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL grand final timing

Alex wrote:I much preferred it when our GF was the week after the AFL. Am I the only one?
By no means.

Having it after the AFL GF on the long weekend just made sense.
by RB
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Dennis Pagan winning the Victoria Derby - training his own horse - at age 73. Only got his trainer's licence this year. Spent most of the last ten years in real estate.

Not a bad effort, a VFL grand final as a player, two AFL premierships as coach and a Group One race as trainer.
by RB
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Watching Qld v NSW. Trent Copeland, 14 overs 5 for 6. Making it talk.
Like Chadd, a very handy bowler who would've played more for Australia if we didn't have so many world class bowlers.

Oh to have that sort of batting depth...
by RB
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the most corrupt election in history. Half of you blokes are clueless.
In Wisconsin Biden got 112000 consecutive votes and Michigan he got 128000.
Luckily all legitimate ballot papers have a concealed watermark, the Democrats corruption will be exposed big time. Trump has won this election by a very big margin. Meanwhile on planet earth, early votes are - as expected - breaking for Biden who now leads in states totaling 270 EVs. But Trump not without a chance.
by RB
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:How do some states have more votes counted than registered voters!
The answer is, they don't - although same-day registration is permitted in a number of states so there can be a surge in registered voters on polling day.
by RB
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not a Trump hater but his dummy spit is one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard.

I'm waiting for him to announce that is refusing to leave the white house and the national guard will need to remove him.

How do people get fooled by a lot of the rubbish he does say, this isn't just an American thing, I know heaps of Aussies who are buying it all. Honestly, if Trump tells his supporters he's won Ontario, they'll probably believe him.
by RB
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

I predict Rob Kerin will be Olsen's replacement when he ultimately has to resign.

It seems to be the pattern.
by RB
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

whufc wrote:Understand why is leaving and fair enough.

From a spectacle point of view its a bit disappointing. You just know his absence will linger over any victory we have as part of the rebuttal.

I guess we were missing Smith and Warner last time these sides met.
And Cameron Bancroft!! :)
by RB
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s over for you bidenbros

https://cdn.donaldjtrump.com/public-files/press_assets/2020-11-09-complaint-as-filed.pdf

WOW some heavy stuff in there but the fake MSM says there is nothing to see and that there is no proof.

Generally, the idea is that if you're making the allegation, you have to present evidence in support of that allegation.

Vague mutterings about 'illegal votes' aren't going to cut it for most folks.
by RB
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A seventeen-man squad has been named for the first test against India:

Australia squad: David Warner, Will Pucovski, Joe Burns, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Cameron Green, Tim Paine (capt.), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Michael Neser, Mitchell Swepson, Sean Abbott

If Neser or Abbott play a test for Australia, Bryce McGain and John Hastings may have some competition for most ordinary test player of all time.

A nineteen-man Australia A side has also been named ahead of two tour matches against India in Sydney:

Australia A: Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Joe Burns, Jackson Bird, Alex Carey, Harry Conway, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Nic Maddinson, Mitchell Marsh (subject to fitness), Michael Neser, Tim Paine, James Pattinson, Will Pucovski, Mark Steketee, Will Sutherland, Mitchell Swepson

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/australia-cricket-2020-test-squad-vs-india-will-pucovski-cameron-green-bordergavaskar-trophy-series/news-story/30a35207de34c63970a109638312edfa
by RB
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

whufc wrote:Tin foil hat time.

I think you're looking for the US politics thread mate.
by RB
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd imagine most on here who were alive then were in bed given it happened at 4 in the morning Adelaide time.
by RB
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd imagine most on here who were alive then were in bed given it happened at 4 in the morning Adelaide time.

Come on, now, RB, it was a Friday night (early Saturday morning). Surely, a 57 year younger RB was the party-animal, still cruising at 4am! ;) I was going to mention that Psyber was probably saving the world from one of Blofeld's schemes, although in all likelihood he was probably cavorting with Ursula Andress or Honor Blackman.
by RB
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Can someone explain to me the logic behind only allowing 50 people at a funeral conducted in a church but you can have 100 at a christening or normal church service? :?
Also, does the 50 at a funeral include the stiff?
by RB
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have a great deal of sympathy for the Commissioner spending his whole day dealing with series matters, then having to attend a press conference and answer questions about fatuous matters asked by D-grade hacks.
by RB
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

At this stage, the Crows will still be expected to pay their annual $440,000 licence fee to field a team in the SANFL, but this will be negotiated over summer, particularly as the SANFL salary cap has been slashed from $400,000 to $210,000 next season.

Um what? Why would the SANFL renegotiate?

(He says knowing full well the SANFL will gladly capitulate and drop their daks again for the AFL cancers.)
by RB
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Do we have any leadership that will stand up for our league,

As I said on this forum in 2013, the SANFL and a majority of club leaders are yes men. It's the yes man mentality that got the cancers in and it'll be the yes man mentality that will unfortunately continue to kowtow to the AFL, to the SANFL's detriment.
by RB
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:We're currently formulating a plan to have you instilled as the Chief Medical Office at SA Health, you'll also double as Police Commissioner and run the state in the event of another pandemic. We're sick of these "so called experts". You the man.
Would totally be worth it for the lolz.
by RB
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am all for Shaun Marsh to come back until Warner returns

Burns can not play
Harris I don't rate but he has scored runs and that is all you can ask

Langers lovechild Bancroft not without a chance either

I would love to see SMarsh come in...….if nothing else Facebook during the test series would be amazing to follow. Bill Lawry at age 83 would be a better option than Shaun Marsh.
by RB
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would be more worried about Shami. Best opening combo in world cricket.
I haven't seen enough of him, I'll take your word for it, just loved watching Bumrah in action last time around. Not sure how you've not seen enough of him. He's played 7 tests in Australia. Definitely a quality bowler. Streets ahead of Ishant.
by RB
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:Slow over rates today is smart. The slower you bowl during the day, the more overs you bowl at night
Either way, pretty pathetic only to get 89 overs in after going the extra half hour.

Crowd should have 1/90th of their ticket cost refunded!
by RB
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When you're 3/40 heading towards lunch after batting first, things haven't quite gone your way. It's unforgivable though where the only batsman in control (Wade) gives his wicket away recklessly. There's no way somebody with that temperament should be opening in a test match. His job is to shield Smith et al for as long as possible.

Both these two (Lab and Head) are due for runs. Head scored a century at the MCG last year so hopefully he can bat sensibly and ton up.
by RB
Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jackpot jim wrote:One false shot and you want to hang a bloke?

It's the fact that it was a dumb shot, not a false shot, that is unforgivable.

As Whuffer said, his stupidity placed unnecessary pressure on the middle order.
by RB
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:That’s a country cricket dismissal of head
He's never looked out of his depth at test level.

The problem's always been between his ears.
by RB
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gee we've got some out-of-form batsmen.

If only we had Hussey, Hodge, Love, Law, Siddons, Lehmann etc. all making runs in the Shield to make it an easier decision to start dropping blokes.
by RB
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If we'd held our catches, this would've been a close match.

Absolutely have to catch better in the next test.
by RB
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norwood8 wrote:Hopefully Boyd can develop into a solid quay defender

EFA
by RB
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Be hard to convince me Paine's the best keeper in Australia.
by RB
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is that 4 catches we've dropped today?

Catches win matches.
by RB
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trump actually isn't a conservative at all. In fact in many respects he's the opposite.
by RB
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You all have short memories do you remember the undermining and the protests in 2016 from the lefties when Hillary Clinton lost the election thus headlines for Trump to be impeached he was only in the seat for 17 hours not to mention all the ugly protests and violence.

I recall significant criticism of Donald Trump over the last 4 years, yes.

I also recall Hillary Clinton conceding the day after the 2016 election, and the vote count being accepted by the losing candidate without any attempt to undermine electoral and constitutional processes (following a 200+ year tradition).

I certainly don't recall Hillary spitting the dummy, putting her personal ambitions before her country, or encouraging her supporters to overthrow Congress and form lynch mobs.

There's an enormous difference, and I think even you can see that.

Lol at the 'short memories' - I can remember when the Republicans were a conservative party.
by RB
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I supply heaps of info on here.

So its your turn

I want you to do some research and prove to me Kamala Harris Cortez Ilhan Omar Presley and hosts of others are not Commies.

A typical wimpy response from you - reversing the burden of proof and all - but I'll cut you a deal: You prove to me that Scomo isn't a Commie, then I'll do Harris, Ocasio-Cortez, Omar and Pressley.
by RB
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You will find those 10 are RINOS and have detested Trump from the start.

Lol at 'RINOs'.

The RINO is Trump. Trump is almost the exact opposite of a conservative, and certainly has absolutely nothing in common with traditional republicans. He has more or less succeeded in taking over the party in the last few years, however that doesn't render pre-Trump era Republicans as 'RINOs'.

Real conservatives value tradition, democratic process, and a free media, respect the rule of law and separation of powers, and defend institutions and the Constitution.

Your mate Trump wouldn't know what a conservative was if it hit him in the face.
by RB
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last year it was lineball.

What started out as a two way contest, enter Armie who seemed like he would make a genuine three way contest.

But when the heat was on, despite some desperate attempts to stay in the race, he fell off the pace to leave it a two way contest.

One contestant remained brave even waiting for the inevitable sooking and a huge win on the punt. Alas wrong again.

But the clear favorite for this year has not only emerged but has won it in the first five minutes.
Put this one on ice, DOC. We have a contest on our hands.
by RB
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apachebulldog wrote:What did i say still has to go thru the Senate.

Thus not impeached.

'Impeach' has a meaning synonymous with 'charged', if that helps you out.

It is true that Trump has not yet been convicted.
by RB
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyway, back to US politics, I'm keenly waiting for Daisy to expand on the bit about the 9 popes.
by RB
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What’s Starcs averages pre and post sandpapergate Before and up to 24/3/2018- 43 matches, 182 wickets @ 28.17, SR of 49.3 and an Economy of 3.42
On and after 24/3/2018- 18 matches, 73 wickets @26.06, SR of 49.1 and an Economy of 3.18
Went fishing .... caught nothing I fell victim to something similar yesterday!

TDK certainly knows his fast bowlers.
by RB
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Trial Games

Add them here as you hear about them.
So far:

Port v South
Thurs March 4
6.20pm
Alberton Oval

West v South
Friday March 12
Reserves 5.15pm
League 7.20pm
Richmond Oval

South v Central
Sat March 28
Reserves 11.30am
League 2.20pm
Noarlunga Oval

I hope you mean Saturday March 27

Bad enough having to go to Noarlunga but on Sunday even worse. Have we fallen so low that we organise a trial game at the farthest oval from home on a Sunday? Can't even get the small things right. At least it's at 2.20.
by RB
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can CUJO Biden and Democrat policies unite America ??

You could be right, and if it is a giant stitch up then I tip my hat to them.

However some of these posts by our friends are consistent with the general derangement we've seen in their ramblings on other topics. That, and the fact that we well know there are plenty of crackpots out there that subscribe to all sorts of loony theories, even in Australia, leads me to lean towards the astounding yet worrying conclusion that they may well truly believe that the free world is being run by a cabal of Satan-worshipping paedophiles, and that Hugo Chavez's ghost collaborated with Republican electoral officials across the US to manipulate the outcome of the election.

That, and the genuine entertainment provided by our three musketeers, encourages me to bite.

Whether they're actually on the level or not, the lesson behind their ravings is clear: Don't do drugs, kids. :D
by RB
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |