Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: SA v Vic Metro U18s

If Caleb Daniel is not drafted then the game is officially rooted....

Plays beyond his years and gets to the right spots every time.
by heater31
Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

I sometimes get stuck into the local debate also, as I mean it is probably an indicator of how strong your club is and also for a sense of pride but the more I've thought about it the more I think...
In reality this very often coincides with the size of the town your club is in.... very easy to play local talent when you have local TALENT.
I don't think we can have a go at the clubs, who clearly don't have the talent coming through and have to find other ways to improve their senior grades.
And the counter 'put money into the junior program' argument is a naive one. All clubs invest here, and money helps but only up to a certain level. You could invest major $$ into your juniors, but the reality is you are not going to get kids who live in towns with football teams to come to your club. Not saying clubs couldn't do more, but always a strong correlation between where you live and where you play footy.
by Mop Up
Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Also, I thought the 891 call was simply brilliant. Their ability to recall every players names instantly was incredible. I look forward to their Central div call next week!

Yeah, always enjoy 891's country GF calls regardless of where they are from. True professionals. The buffoons on commercial radio could learn a thing or two from them.
by saintal
Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

It's a bit of the unknown really. Norwood fans WILL be there but not sure about the Port people.

From a TV audience view I hope it gets a big crowd to get a message that it's a good comp worth attending and still holds interest. But I would also like to see mainly Norwood fans to show the Magpies are irrelevant.
by Bounce of the ball
Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Panthers CEO resigns

MEDIA RELEASE

The South Adelaide Football Club’s Board of Directors are pleased to announce the appointment of Trudi Hower as Chief Executive Officer - Commercial of South Adelaide Football Club. Trudi worked in the automotive industry for 16 years, her last role as a General Manager for Jarvis Automotive Group. Recently, Trudi has managed private business ventures. As Chief Executive Officer-Commercial, Trudi will focus on the commercial side of the clubs operations, particularly looking at growth and providing sustainability. With Trudi’s previous experience and skill set we are confident she will be able to deliver on this. The South Adelaide Football Club would also like to announce a newly created position of General Manager of Football. This position will be filled by current football manager Neill Sharpe. Neill joined South Adelaide Football Club in November 2008 and has consistently performed at a high level. Neill is now responsible for all areas of football at South Adelaide Football Club. South Adelaide Football Club board members welcome the new appointment of Trudi Hower and the new role of Neill Sharpe, as of today, Monday 20th of October.

ANDREW LUCKHURST-SMITH Chairman
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2014 Melbourne Cup

Had a dabble at signoff at 41 dollars a couple of weeks ago. Looks alright
But tatts took a bet for signoff of 10,000 at $81
He could be in for a big night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by the joker
Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mark Williams battling cancer

The old Jack Dancer has no friends, Mark Williams has plenty

Let us pray the Mark can overcome this obstacle.
by prowling panther
Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Very sad, i am struggling to accept the news to be honest. I convinced myself he would pull through! Although a lot of us don't see eye to eye on this forum, it's times like these that being part of the SA Footy community gives us a place where we can talk about such a tradegy and try and get through. I dunno if that makes any sense but I'm pretty frazzled. Someone lost a son a brother a friend a teammate and all round gentleman today.
by Coach Bombay
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

Do SA and NSW play for any sort of trophy?

I reckon a Phil Hughes trophy in the same vein as the David hookes one would be appropriate.
by bennymacca
Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

My lad, 18, gave me the biggest hug he's given me in a long, long time last night. With "Love you Dad" spoken as he hugged me.

His words "How shit is that? Has a crack at one, misses it....and gone. Poor bastard"

Tearing up as I type this now....
by Booney
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

5 days leave approved...GET AROUND ME!!! :D
by wristwatcher
Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lot of negative talk on the HFL Central forum in relation to the HFL Country competition and how bad it would be to have to compete in it . The standard may not be as good as Central ( for a variety of reasons ) but the competition is no less competitive or important to the clubs and towns involved. Try telling the James's at Kersbrook, the Jaensch's at Nairne, the Dawes's at Meadows or the Schutz's at Birdwood that their clubs are second rate and their tradition and achievements in the past don't stand for as much as they would if they were in Central.
A get a little tired hearing how good everything is in Central. Kangarilla's, Nairne's, Maccesfield's and Kersbrook's facilities would match anything in the Central Division and the others are no worse than Mt Barkers, Torrens Valleys, Bridgewaters or Ironbanks. I'm confident that Fielke and James's coaching CV's stand up against 90% of the Central Division coaches and I can see no reason why players in the Country Division would not adapt very quickly to Central and be more than useful contributors to most teams.
No matter what happens with the HFL the Country Division will again have great games, a close contest for the whole year and heaps of interest in it. The Nairne v Meadows Anzac Day Game is a great day, the Kersbrook / Birdwood / Gumeracha rivalries goes back years and is always competitive and the fight for finals was intense last year coming down to the last round or two to decide the double chance and fifth spot.
I hope whilst all this talk is going on about Central and what needs to be done to be fair to all Central Division clubs doesn't result in the welfare of the Country Division Clubs and the importance of the Country Division competition being ignored and not respected.
by scratcher
Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think you will find that there are a few people with several accounts that speak nonstop nonsense on the central forum just to push there own clubs agenda whilst attempting to tarnish the HFL with the purpose of trying to create more noise than is really there. When you speak face 2 face with the majority of HFL football goers you will notice their opinions are very different to the majority of post in the central forum. I totally agree with your opening post Scratcher but would advise you pay no mind to most of the junk on the central forum.
My opinion only
by overthehill
Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Country Division serves its purpose as a great competition for the smaller populated towns in the Hills.
I don't know why people are so keen to suggest killing off teams and making super mergers in the so called interest of the competition.
A lot of locals want to play for their local town, it is part of their local identity and history. So what if a clubs A grade has a few lean years , most do. It doesn't mean we should panic and complain they are bringing the competition down to an alarming level.

Look at Kangarilla premiers 2006 , struggling now but who knows maybe premiers again in 5 years.
Nairne 40 goal thrashings in central, rebuilt over time in country, now want to go back to central.
Ten or so years ago I saw Ironbank in country smash Birdwood by over 40 goals , then a few years back the chooks beat Blackwood at Blackwood in central.

I don't believe it goes in cycles, but clubs do have lean years. With time they can rebuild.

I say "NO" to the Birdgum Valley football club .

Think of the mascot though!
by 19thman
Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Ivens would be 3 Delvins would be 2 because he played mainly reserves. But D.Ebert gone to kersbrook, Ebel retired , vidik retired, kluvy gone to sturt.
Any player that has played league for majority of year and goes to a country club is 4pts, unless they played junior's at your club then they are zero pts.
The AAPS is a very interesting topic, that needs a independent review and a lot of discussion. You can play in a grand final with 11pts miss the 5 next year with 9pts say you only win 5 games and next year you get 13 doesn't add up. Also teams coming from country shouldn't have their previous seasons included In your averages. Whats the thinking?

Correct. Ebel retired? Pretty keen to continue I think. I'm sure they'll have a recruit come out of the woodwork to enhance there chances of another GF appearance.
Boras - a huge in for TV. Expect to see him at the top of the goal kicking table alongside Grocke. From what I saw last year there is no one in the comp big/ good enough to stop Grocke if he is fair dinkum. May have a similar affect on the competition as S Grimm did from Hahndorf. (Watched him win a GF at Onkas from the goal square ).

Yep and Blackwood followers still have nightmares about it.
by Amateur Footy
Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Echunga match was a ripper with the same scoring shots by both teams.
Uraidla getting the job done in the last quarter aided by a good breeze with 10 minutes of good skilled footy.
Really hard fought match with pure tough attack footy in and around the ball.
Both these sides are well matched although Echunga looks to be a bit quicker - but Uraidla has the bulk to combat this on a wet day.
Fantastic atmosphere for ANZAC day with both clubs conducting themselves admirably both on and off the field.

Luke Carey named best for the Crows SANFL side at the Bay on Friday night - well done and well deserved.

Also noticed that the SAAFL are calling for registrations of interest for entry into their comp in the paper again - perhaps this is where Blackwood belong?
by Legs Man
Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7B - Live Scores

Huge turnaround for the boys. They played well today against a very gallant North Adelaide. Need to see more of these matches as they are truly good to watch. Too many headbands though for my liking!

South had a 13 year old play today and he is big lad at 187cm and 87 kg.

The hard work of many years paying some dividends.

Grand Final next Saturday at 1140. Venue TBA
by DOC
Sat May 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Would be good to see Bridgy get up in the A's. Long time between drinks, handled relegation with class, and it might help solidify their 'merger' with Cally just a little more.
by saintal
Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |