Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

They Can't Cook, can't Root, Carberrys name doesn't ring a Bell, Prior to this series Pieterson was Swann-ing about like some sort of arrogant Broad, Anderson is a plug, Bresnan was originally left out of the side because you simply cannot take the piss out of his name, can't say they'd be Stoked to be here

These guys can't take a trick
by steakn
Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EP Football - PLFL, GFFL, MWFL, FWFL, EEFL

A quality defender seems headed for his 4th club in PLFL.
Obviously hasn't found what he is looking for yet.
Destination black yellow
by steakn
Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If James Lakin is heading to Bostons, that would be a huge get.
Very promising young chap.
by steakn
Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With Rd3 rapidly approaching and teams coming to terms with what their sides will/can potentially look like for this season. A few interesting sub plots are developing.
Last round Bostons humiliated Marble Range(and me for tipping them) at planet Wangary with the opening celebration of the new and needed change rooms. Much to the disgust of the black & white the Boston Tigers turned the jets on in the second half to completely dominate the contest.
Waybacks vets wound back the clock as needed along with the returning Ryan Kelly to put away a disappointing Roosters outfit who I am sure will not be too worried about the result even though hate losing to their nearest neighbour.
Mallee Park as expected defeated Lincoln South, I'm not sure how much to read out of the result as Mallees seemed to be without the qualified services of Harry Miller & Stiffy Johncock. Souths too had their own concerns in Stelzer & Jantke missing.

To This week :
Bostons will take on the reigning premiers Tasmans in what the Lincoln Scoreboard is predicting match of the round.
As Bluey Dumn voices in his cricket columns "there aren't any premierships in October"
Same needs to be applied this contest(although in relation to footy).
Tasmans will be without several of their key playmakers & are again using a fair contingent of talented but still junior footballers.
Bostons will be near full strength and with the inclusion of ex-Elliston star Ben Hurrell. Ben will be a massive coup for the Tiges and one wonders how their player points are travelling. Early wins are helpful & my tip is that Bostons will get up by 5 goals under lights @ Ravendale.

Waybacks take on Lincoln South at centenary which I personally think deserves MATCH OF THE ROUND status.
Seriously, what PLFL fan wouldn't want to watch an inform Waybacks side full of ageing stars taking on the up and coming Eagles.
Speaking of up and coming Eagles, Del Miller is back in town and will slot straight into an already potent midfield, and without a doubt another big in for the LSFC would be Mitch Hall expected to be available quite soon.
Waybacks have their own star recruit in Ryan Kelly expected to front up. He will be a handful for the inexperienced LS defence.
It will be tight, both midfields are star studded, But I think the all round game & experience of Waybacks will see them over the line in front of a packed house for the LSFC supporters day plus Waybacks generous band of loyal supporters. WFC by 8 points

Mallee Park travel to Wangary where a desperate Marble Range will be waiting.
Rangers would have been happy with their off season and expected to be a little better placed after 2 rounds.
But results have been disappointing, lost a winnable game first up, then got belted at home by the upstarts last week.
Unfortunately this year won't be a year for putting down your glasses & expecting easy wins.
This week could get ugly, depending which Mallee Park turn up.
If it's the traditional Mallees that struggle to get out there you would almost give the Rangers a 25% chance of a win, otherwise if its the Harry & Stiffy inspired (whether on or off field) outfit, it could turn out being another 10 goal + win to the away side.
That's the way I'm leaning Peckers by 10 goals.

Reserves:
Bostons will thrash a helpless chook this weekend and a one sided contest it SHOULD be if the Tigers take themselves seriously.
I'd be a disappointed Tiger fan if the result was less than 10 goals

Waybacks & Souths will have a closely fought encounter.
Pugsley & Franklin(if he plays)will be hard to stop for the Windsor Ave senior citizens if given an inch, in the blue & gold, everyone's favourite physio Jezza has been in good form along with Nick Wright & Tim Kidney.
Tight game but I think Souths runners will get them home in a very tight match.

Marble Range vs Peckers will be a tough one.
Gut feel is that Mallees will get home easily, but stranger things have happened and I wouldn't write off Marble Range just yet.
If Welfare, Hollywood & Sarge all play reserves that will be a major plus.
Mightn't still be enough though & I'll tip the Peckers by 3 goals
by steakn
Thu May 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shoe boy wrote:How is Minns settling in

He's been amongst the better players each game.
The boy has some unction, can play a bit.
by steakn
Mon May 11, 2015 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |