Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Warnie, much like the family cars of Australia, has undergone too many changes to be still considered a classic. Sure, he might resemble the old model with similar badges, but he just isn't what he used to be.

Like the old Ford or Holden, Warnie was pretty broad,built for cruising and was perhaps even too heavy for the role that he played. He gave off the occasional puff of smoke and ran on the rawest of ingredients, but, get him on a nice flat straight stretch and he could spin his wheels with the best of them.

Now he's undergone some European styling, is more plastic than he is polished chrome and he runs on a mix of premium ingredients. His whites are now in his mouth instead of on his back and he spends more time tweeting than he does tweaking.

I still like him, but the old model was more collectable.
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Anderson not capable of anything in Australia, too slow for Australian conditions and doesnt do enough with the Kookaburra.

?

Leading wicket takers in 2010-11 Ashes series:

JM Anderson (Eng) 24 @ 26.04
CT Tremlett (Eng) 17 @ 23.35
MG Johnson (Aus) 15 @ 36.93

The moment Australia underestimate Anderson is the moment he tears them a new one!

Career average in Australia of 37.70 and Vs Australia overall 36.39. Average bowler who is also a bit of a w@nker.
by Grahaml
Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

Squids wrote:The man with the anger issues fined 35% of his match fee for showing descent towards an umpire.

Dan Christian btw.

He went down on an umpire?
In public?
With all the kiddies watching?
Very un-Christian like!
by therisingblues
Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20 series V England

Even if this is the third best form of the game how can you not enjoy our National team belting our arch enemy being largely championed by the next generation.

If the missus gives me a blowy and it's not her best work it's still enjoyable. International Cricket on a Sunday night. I've enjoyed it :D
by wristwatcher
Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

No real need to comment on Marsh. He's shown that he is a spud for over a decade so why should his latest failure be of any surprise.
by rod_rooster
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

bays09 wrote:we need to make 400 to win - no excuses why we cant

ill give you a reason

south australia
by bennymacca
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Even though we lost last nite I wasn't overly dissapointed with the result. First up Geelong @ Geelong is always a tough ask, doesn't matter who you are. Dangerfield/Sloane were a bit quiet to their norm. Some postives were Grigg (he carved up in SANFL finals last year) and is going to be a gun for us. Also thought Johnston gave us something up forward as well. Not great that we let the margin blow out to 6+ goals after hitting the front early in the last qtr.

Sidenote: Is Selwood the most protected species in the AFL??? The next time he ducks his head I hope someone takes it clean orfff!!
by Hefty
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

I agree re. Danger last night poor bloke is probably walking bow legged today. In saying that though where was the other 20 odd blokes helping Danger out. As a coaching staff that would be the first thing I would point out. Too many times Guthrie had an easy attempt to dump him in the turf without someone else in a crows jumper standing up for him. I wanna see a bit of mongrel, after all he's our best player and if he has a good game we generally win.
by cokadonkeytoo
Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EP Football - PLFL, GFFL, MWFL, FWFL, EEFL

I think they might be referring to Alwyn Davey (ex Essendon) not Aaron
I actually heard rumblings of this a few months ago. What about Burgoyne & Motlop? Just bull****?

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/australian-football/territory-thunder-secures-alwyn-davey-for-2014-season/story-fnk2to87-1226786117562
by the star
Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

Aaaand Ive changed channel. The first sentence from the chick was soooo shit i couldnt stand to watch anymore. let me know when the boys are back on
by HH3
Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |