Search found 332 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

If Tom can get through the season, will be a big pick up. Hopefully for his sake he does cos' he has been through a fair bit just to play footy.

Am overseas so not sure where the club is at in regard to Mattner and Eagles but I can tell you they have moved heaven earth for big matty over the years and Pasky had no issues getting him from us so my concern for them is zero. Would be great to have the big guy back, great player and a top bloke, definitely a one of a kind, which is our speciality at Havens.
by Boosh
Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You've obviously got some kind of personal vandetta against this bloke but making up lies and slandering him on a public forum is bad form, why can u just be happy for the haven lads and wish them the best
by bubba love
Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Doghouse9 wrote:So between Dickenson, Mattner and Eagles $2.5k + each Sat? How much is Lipson on? $500?

Lipson hasnt played for 2 years so we gave him 800 a game plus 50 a goal, 25 a point and 100 everytime he lands on his feet without doing a knee
by superlative steve
Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gombau - How does he keep his job

I have a theory that it took the players a few months to understand him.
I know the only thing he's said that I understood was "Your goalkeeper son is shit".
by Wedgie
Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

And 5 of them premierships..
by Footy Chick
Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since everybody knows best, how would anybody have run the club differently from 2009.

2009 - Relegated to div 7 with 2 junior teams. No junior committee.

2014 - Most senior players moved on, In division 5, 5 Junior team and a junior committee. All because the a grade has been successful
I would say the club has grown and are on track to have an under 18's side within 5 years.

What should the club have done differently ?????
stayed in D3...
by woodublieve12
Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

Yaaawwwnnnn! Nothing can change the decision now.... Those that don't adapt to change get left behind.
by finals fever
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

SOrry, it wasn't meant to sound harsh but the fact is...you don't claim to go and play with mates for $555 a game. ($10k divided by 18)

Imagine what he'd charge for playing with a bunch of strangers! ;) Do you? :shock: Maybe I'm a bit naive :oops:

That would be on par with what Neon Leon was offered to play SAAFL - it just doesn't sound right, it sounds like a highly inflated amount is what I'm trying to say.

Fair point. Wonder if he would play at SMOSH for no pay. Doubt it.

If that were the case, You think that only applies to him? No one has ever changed clubs for money... The possibility of winning games of footy might have something to do with it.

He also lives in Henley, works in the area, has a new bubs, and forgive the man if he is over driving an hour and a half to get belted each week by blokes more inclined to try and break his jaw, than play the football.
by Skip Dimes
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Booney wrote:"Acquired Properties". :lol:

Interestingly the name of the company doesn't say how they're acquired.

Mind you 'Bought it off a guy in the Pub Properties' or 'Fell off the Back of Truck Properties' doesn't have the same ring.
by topsywaldron
Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Kilburn WILL be competing in Div3
by Nearly Was
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It has always been the case that you need two teams to compete in the divisions that have a reserves comp for a side to be in div 3 with no reserves is a joke.

Sides are just picking and choosing what they do now, relegation and promotion are no longer certainties.

It affects us because we meet the league criteria and don't pick and choose where we play and when we have lean years we face the music.
by Boosh
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I would LOL if Kilburn won the D3 flag this year.. sooo good! :D

I'll suck ya dad's dick if they win the D3 flag this year.
by lutz
Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dols wrote:CLG seemed to have taken the step up and look to be the early favorites?
They've been early favourites for their entire existence. It's almost a permanent state.
by morell
Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

R.I.P SANFL :evil:

Sick of this reference. The Sanfl died years ago in terms of standard, probably due to excessive money in country leagues and the growing popularity in soccer. If an Sanfl side can't beat a bunch of talented kids who have only played against boys and underdone/out of form AFL players then the standard is shit. 10 years ago an afl reserves side would not get within 10 goals of a top 5 League side.
by LMA
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

an SANFL player who only trains for 4-6 hour a week!!

Huh? SANFL players are "at the club" a lot more than that. This is why so many kids are playing country and amateur league footy. They got sick of training 5 days a week plus game day for $75. They can train one night at Mt Compass, for example, and get paid $800.

A typical SANFL player:
Monday - light training run match review.
Tuesday - weights session, massage, rehab.
Wednesday - main training session.
Thursday - day off.
Friday - Team meeting, light training run, generally touch work, game structure.
Saturday - Game day.
Sunday - Rehab Session.
by maxyoz
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Jumping races be Banned ?

ban Equestrian also if they wanna ban jumps races.

by equestrian im assuming you mean cross country? equestrian is 3 events, showjumping, dressage and cross country. not much bad happens during dressage i give you the big tip. and cross country is funny, i once saw a horse fart as it went over a jump. it was the happiest day of my life!
by BIG SEXY
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Port Magpies v West @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/4)

160 points

Round 14, 1903 @ Alberton Oval
Port Adelaide Magpies 9.3 17.9 22.11 29.12 (186)
West Adelaide 1.0 2.1 3.1 4.2 (26)

Don't think (and hope, for the sake of the comp) that it'll get anywhere near that, though.
by scott
Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poker

Well that was fun! Shipped it for $3015
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

RustyCage wrote:If the Eagles don't get over the line here they will be kicking themselves for their first half tactics. It's like half of their players had never played on a windy day before.

put this in the jokes thread ffs
by stampy
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

Bounce of the ball wrote:get the 8k ??

As expected, no, mate...

Official crowd was 4,247, the best for the Eagles here at Woodville since 2000 and their 8th largest ever crowd in the club's history...
by Big Phil
Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Port Magpies v West @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/4)

Please don't pm me. I didn't mean to "like" one of dols comments. I was going to comment, but then I realised he's got to be
Joking.
by sjt
Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Matt Rendell - Racist or Realist?

The courts are no place for a man who wants another job.

He was bollocked by an organisation that was keen to collect points from the master franchisee. It helped with future negotiations, apparently.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
by smac
Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

bennymacca wrote:Hole shit the sky is falling in, reserves teams are too shit again after being too good last week

Port aren't, it's just your mob ;)
by JK
Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

smac wrote:They'll have one this afternoon.

And that training session was coached by port adelaide
by kickinit
Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Damn it! I want the SANFL to be like it was in the good 'ol days. Now we've got "Showdowns" in Clare and a commercial network broadcasting games to a wider TV audience all the while 10,000 are going to Glenelg on a Friday night.

I liked it better when the Bays lost in front of 2800 people.
by Booney
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Regardless of if clubs have valuables bags or not, I think the underlying point is it is disappointing that someone would stoop to that level and that you can't have confidence in leaving your valuables in your own bag while you play.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

Go Sharks wrote:this storm side is hardly going to trouble West. West will win easily. They wouldnt beat PNU

LOL
by Jim05
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you look at the feature story in the Northern Argus it shows a little about the benefit for Country Footy. And the involvement of the Redden family.

"Every club in the NEFL has been involved in some way, shape or form and they will all be on hand to help out during the day.

Parking will be monitored by the BBH Football Club, the canteen is being run by South and North Clare- as well as upstairs at the Clare Sports Club, the bars are being run by both RSMU and Min/Man and the barbecue will be cooked by the Southern Saints and BSR."

"Ruth Warnock said money from the gate is going to the SANFL and all other proceeds from the event are going to the NEFL.

“All proceeds from the day are strictly going back into Junior Development of the NEFL,” Ruth said. "

Link to the story here... http://www.northernargus.com.au/story/2249388/a-showdown-like-no-other/?cs=1239
by Ron Burgundy
Thu May 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Have to laugh at the supporters booing Vince considering it was the Cows who gave him the arse

I'm at the ground and there wasn't any boos. Heard quite a bit of applause though

Definately boos heard on tv. Vince collected the ball in the defensive 50 and kicked down the wing, boos were audible
by Jim05
Sat May 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Ted E Bear wrote:Crows will be 5 and 3 and in a good spot come round 8. No need to panic guys

BWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

:lol:
by whufc
Sat May 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Is Sanderson deluded?

I heard that he rated his list the same as Ports on 5AA tonight. What is he smoking? :weedman:
by Chuck Wepner
Mon May 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Football has changed too much for many of us, but this one is the final straw to confirm the change in the fabric of the game.

Vineys only real choices were to brace for impact as he did or step out of the way and avoid the contest all together.

The latter is what the powers that be are telling the competition they want to see, players avoid contests. Contesting the ball was the first and most basic act in the game that we've all been taught since we were nippers. AFL should never be referred to as "Australian Rules Football" again.

This is a different sport to that.
by JK
Tue May 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Viney let off.
Common sense prevails
by Jim05
Thu May 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kilburn made this weeks Sportsbeat quiz.
by The Dark Knight
Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:don't worry, the old woolen HV jumpers still get a good working over on training nights!

is that bloke who carved up in your c's with the long hair still playing? If so he could probably wear the one he wore back in 94... :)

Andre? He was wearing it at training last week :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri May 09, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

don't worry, the old woolen HV jumpers still get a good working over on training nights!
is that bloke who carved up in your c's with the long hair still playing? If so he could probably wear the one he wore back in 94... :)

Andre? He was wearing it at training last week :lol:
Wait, this is the guy with long red hair? If so I had to tag him one day out there in the A grade.

Gave me a dead set lesson and was a complete gentleman about it as well.
by morell
Fri May 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Dols wrote:I heard from an owner of essay raider that Leon told him it is flying and he rates it as second best horse he has trained after it's sibling Go Indy Go. Thinks it will give the goodwood a big shake.

Hope you're right mate, backed it this arvo
by JK
Fri May 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

Such is the sorry mess of the SANFL.
Non Power Magpie supporters have been truly been shafted by the promises from the One Club vote.
But what do you expect.
Where were these people when the Power went into the AFL and had pretty much 100% support from members?

Port Adelaide knows very well that 95% of Port Adelaide fans are behind both the Power and the Magpies. Our loyalty as a club is to Port Adelaide in both forms, not to a weird minority that support one for some weird reason. And our overall membership numbers(52k and counting) shows that we've made the right decision, so all you fans of other SANFL clubs can take your worries elsewhere.
by Leon_LeCornu
Sun May 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Koch Head

Serious, nothing wrong with footy park?
by Mr Beefy
Sat May 10, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Koch Head

I think you'll find the Power will no doubt be financially better off than at football Pk, its already proven a success for them coz no doubt they are winning but i think Koch isn't happy coz his club ain't getting what they were originally promised providing they get the crowds' in which they are.
I loved Football Pk & i thought from a states financial position it would of been better to put a roof on it & clean it up for under half the $$$$ they spent on Adelaide oval but our knobhead polititions thought otherwise coz they love spending. it also would of been the end of Port if they didn't make the transition & i think centrcirclelegend would of loved that.
Time will tell, remember its still only early years for Adelaide Oval, lets see if its a success in 5 years time.
by NO-MERCY
Sat May 10, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very good game by us yesterday. I had to leave early, but I imagine the song went off after the game. Thats the first time we've done what we know we can do and put a side away.

Also, good to see that Brahma had a somewhat competitive game against Trinity. Looks like Brahmas on the up

Very happy with the effort by Havens, half our side played B Grade last year so it is pleasing to see the young lads take the step up.

Good to see you are up and about HH3, I thought something had broken as soon as it happened.

The absolute definition of bravery.
by Boosh
Sun May 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE scores

norwood8 wrote:Eleni Glouftsis is a deadset joke, she has absolutely no feel for the game. Being gifted experience at this level because of her gender.

One the most rubbish posts I have read on here in a loooooong time :roll:
by Big Phil
Sun May 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NH B Grade would have about 5 or 6 left from the GF Last year and the year before I think they will improve over the season and hopefully make the finals but I doubt they will be the force they were last year.
On a positive note we are getting an average of 70 at trainings so numbers are good despite losing so many from that particular team.
Dols is partially correct a large number are in the As replacing players that moved on this season.

I haven't seen CLG but they seem to be pretty good from all reports. I have seen WOS though and I would rate them the second best team we have played behind Para Hills. But in an even comp any team can the look the goods on any given day.
by Boosh
Wed May 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think there will be changes to the Port model, but they will occur incrementally. IMHO anyone expecting wholesale changes next season is in for a rude surprise.
by JK
Thu May 15, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dols wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Big surprise. A Port fan doesn't like the thread.
i am actually enjoying it, but the first 5 pages cover the next 36.

Just download and repeatedly read the first five pages then. Same enjoyment for a fraction of the effort. :D
by StrayDog
Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wonder what the smallest Friday night crowd at the Parade is in recent years.
Beautiful conditions for football tonight and the Cows with their strongest line up for the year, would of thought with their guaranteed 4k we should of pushed 7-8k tonight. Would of hardly covered the power bill tonight, thanks again you lyin caarnts.

Well, when the league has been so badly compromised, you have to think why? Who let them in?

The biggest liar by far, in this whole debacle has been the NFC as led by Tripodi. Do not complain about what you sanctioned. if you can not lay the blame where it rightly sits, then the argument lacks substance. At no stage did Norwood ever vote the AFL clubs in due to a perception of crowd figures, expenditure or profit. They sold their vote to alleviate their penalty from cheating the salary cap.
by DOC
Sat May 17, 2014 2:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

Maybe if the Adelaide Oval scoreboard told them to go to SANFL games they would?
by Wedgie
Sat May 17, 2014 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

I don't really care about whatever advantages or perceived advantages they have at the moment, just gotta take it for what it is. If we come in with the right attitude and make the most of our opportunities, we can absolutely win.

Port has looked a million bucks in patches this year, but so have we (they've just sustained it for longer periods). We've got the best-marking, hard-running and long-kicking forward in the league and one of the best-running midfields (average 30 more handball receives than our opponents this year, no-one comes close). We're not that far off Port in terms of disposal efficiency and skill level. Our defence will get tested, but I reckon our biggest issue is the fact it's at a venue that we've had such little success at in over 100 years.

Haven't looked forward to an SANFL match as much as this since our final against them in 2006. This game means a lot for our season. Whatever they're called/badged now, they're still the same Port Adelaide Magpies that I've despised for so long. Carn South. :D
by scott
Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

Another good "on track" Magpies game preview/review thread!

I never expected anything less though.
by Booney
Wed May 14, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |