Search found 23 matches

Return

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

I note the Advertiser says today that the Footy Show (ratings) circus will roll into town on when Aldinga play Lonsdale.. (May 24 Round 8) Not a great advertisement for our league with no junior games programmed on the day just the seniors.. Wonder if the league will transfer the junior games to support the day?? Tough decision to be made

The whole circus is not a great advertisement for the League, juniors playing that day or not. And one club will be dragged into it with no say in it.
by Courtney Fish
Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Brighton a few weeks ago. 3 kids in the mini's lost a boot in it. I was wondering why one of our kids was hopping around, he had lost a boot.
by Courtney Fish
Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Organising Premiership Port/Wine

We get our bulk Port for our Keg on the bar from Horndale Winery at Happy Valley. They do printed Bottles. Good stuff too.
by Courtney Fish
Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Yes, eight team comp - 14 Games, Then 3 more games against teams that are in the same 1/2 of the ladder that you are in after the 14 games- 17 Games for the season in Total.
Top 4 or top 5 finals series?

Geez you'd be pissed if you were sitting in 4th spot after 14 rounds by a single win, then have to play the top 3 sides while 5th place gets the bottom 3!

The 3 extra games should be the 4 Northern teams play each other and the 4 Southern teams play each other, a bit fairer on 4th spot.

I know it's along way from finals and who votes on it but according to the poll on here the top 4 may consist of 2 Northern teams and 2 Southern teams, seems fair for everyone.
Although I don't know why 28 people have picked the Lions, They've only won a few games in the last 5 years.
by Courtney Fish
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With the Winter Olympics now down and the amount of down hill skiers, oops I mean players heading to Central United I'm surprised there isn’t more talk of them on here lately?

What's your fascination with downhill skiing, your second post on it in a week. Is it a game you play on the couch with a mate each side of you?
by Courtney Fish
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy for the rule to be abolished as i think 25 is too many, but each club to there own Q. Not sure how it helps clubs that are struggling with numbers (Maybe Mitchell Park) that to match the other clubs need to field 25 players in each team. I know you don't have to, but on certain days you will need to, just to be competitive. Maybe there should have been a cap at 22 or 23 some where in the middle ground to help all clubs. Also i believe that is no law on how clubs choose to run with it, so it is up to individual clubs with what they do. Some clubs will choose the blokes to play "B" Grade then just sit on the bench as Dogwatcher said for insurance against injury.

It can work both ways, fresher legs in the last quarter maybe versus having your 25th best available player competing with the opposition's gun for a crucial contest when the game is in the balance.
To use Saturday as an example 4 of our B Graders find out on Friday, maybe even Saturday morning they are playing A's and have to mix it with your genuine best 21 A Graders. The talent depth in Div 7 only goes so deep.
by Courtney Fish
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footyfan82 wrote:Big day @ home for the rams
43 goals 25
To
[emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Good to see the Rams on the other end of a flogging. Makes a good change for you guys.
by Courtney Fish
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To think he was getting pinged for "unrealistic attempts" earlier in the year. They're realistic to Trev.
by Courtney Fish
Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

eric wrote:Game of the week? A Reserve game? mmm..

Houghton beat Lonsdale by 15 goals. Lonsdale beat TTG by 6 goals.
Surely this will go down to the wire.
1st v 2nd in the A's has nothing on this game.
by Courtney Fish
Wed May 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So for the 2nd week in a row we will have 1 v 2 in the A's. St Pauls are the surprise of the year so far. Not many had them at the pointy end come finals. I didn't. Marion showed a bit late but thought we put the cue in the rack at 3/4 time, the intencity went out in the last quarter. Big Wade will cause a few headaches in finals unless someone has a 6 foot 6, 100 kg fullback. Tag Saunders and it helps, kicked a couple but didn't have the 40 + possies he had last year.
by Courtney Fish
Sat May 26, 2018 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So you want all clubs to show their annual player spend budgets in Jan each year and make decisions based on player spend?
No, not at all, but it's not hard to look over previous season results, see who has come in or out of a club leading into the season and be pretty well in the ball park.

I'll use Greenacres as an example again (sorry GFC), last year they struggled to field 2 sides in D5, they got pumped every week, over the break they lost Asfaha, Clark-Rantasa x2, Dolley, Maniotis, Liddle, Smith, Polkinghorne, Wheaton - so out of a side that lost by plenty already, they've now lost their best players.

Recruited reasonably well, but brought in B grade depth - picked up a swag of B graders from St Pauls who were mid table at best in the division BELOW where they were playing this year.

Add to that they fronted to their trial games with barely a full side, and had 50 scoring shots against them is a good indicator. Got touched up by OSB in one trial, where OSB also lent them players to fill a side - that should've been the final indicator to know these clubs were around the wrong way.

And Pulteney only beat OSB/ Lonsdale by 3 goals in a trial. Should they have been put in the same Div then? We were told they had 8 good players out. Trial game form doesn't always give a good indication of a teams ability. There is 1 win between 3rd and 7th and 6th missed a shot after the siren to beat 1st, and beat 2nd. Central United were talked up early and they sit 7th. From a newcomer this looks like an exciting season. Hardly a dogs breakfast.
by Courtney Fish
Thu May 31, 2018 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tough day at the Den today. St Pauls very physical, all tied up a 1/4 time. Lonsdale eventually pulled away by 6 goals. I think St Pauls will go along way this year.
by Courtney Fish
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Undercover agent wrote:Lonsdales current facilities are shocking ! Coumftably the worst surface I have ever played on

It all makes sense now. It looked like it was your first game of football. You didn't look very coumftable out there.
by Courtney Fish
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With no games on this week if you still want to avoid the work around the house and watch some local footy, Lonsdale are playing traditional rivals Golden Grove this week at home.
B's at 12.15, A's at 2.15. Free entry.
by Courtney Fish
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Id like to donate $10 towards a fence around lonsdale football oval (and seperate it from the high school ovals) which would allow parking around the oval too and i will also donate $5 towards a new 2 storey clubrooms and community centre to be built there.

Can you make it an even $20 so we can get a TAB too?
by Courtney Fish
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to my boys on the weekend after playing some really good football and booking ourselves into the GF. Credit due to Lonsdale as they battled all day and never gave up. They have some really good ball movers. So we will see how they go and may see them again in the GF. But it was a really good game by the Raiders. Especially our ball movement and link up. Freddy Taylor and Q were causing headaches up forward and our defense help up well apart from a few minutes in the 3rd where Lonsdale managed to kick a couple before we settled and kicked away.

We know the job is not done until the final siren. But we have worked hard all year and to fall short would be disappointing. So we have 2 weeks of training hard in preparation for the GF. But also the enjoy the feeling of being there too. Carn you Raiders!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Houghton's Reserves would beat their Seniors.
Can't be sure how many but there was at least one bloke in their Reserves who was playing midfield for their Seniors earlier in the year and was clearly one of their best.. Take nothing away from Houghton, they have a quality Reserves team, but I'd say they knew pretty early that their Seniors wouldn't make finals and made the necessary changes to get there Reserves up months ago.

I reckon they'd beat a few A Grade teams. Good mix of runners and talls. The tallest team I've seen for years A's or 'B's. Apart from our ruckman I think they had the 10 tallest players on the field. Their mids worked harder than ours. Will be very hard to stop come Grand Final day.
by Courtney Fish
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Southern Derby in the GF next week. Rams getting up today.
by Courtney Fish
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=29205 ... KL8xLAmS4J

The fact that only 1000 people can witness Jimi's glorious mullet streaming out of the backlines is an outrage.
by Courtney Fish
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Why did OSB lose the ground on Galloway Rd? Was it due to the merger with Lonsdale or something to do with soccer?
Soccer took over. They got people in on the council. We used to get kicked off the oval at 4 during cricket season towards the end as they had games at 5. Synthetic soccer pitch there now where the footy oval once was.
by Courtney Fish
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Divers wrote:FU Crabs going so bad they are appointing sacked B grade coaches?

Just coached in a Grand Final.
by Courtney Fish
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Mitchell Park could be a dark horse, whilst they sit in 6th spot with only 3 wins, which they should've won after controlling the matches and having more scoring shots, and scrapped a draw against Mawson Lakes. They easily could've been on 6 wins and outright 3rd spot.
Not that I'm bitter, but more scoring shots and healthy leads given up in both games - they sting a bit.

Not to mention some highly questionable goal umpiring late in the second game from a dude who was openly barracking all game. Something to keep an eye on for other teams and OSB in my opinion.

Thats a bit rich mate. Your Goal Umpire has a habit of some very dubious decisions nearly every game we play you. He called a clear goal a point and lucky it was overruled by the field umpire. Must have been on the Jacks cans again.

Also you got a goal when the field umpire ran into our player who had the ball about to put it to the top of the goalsqaure but called a free for umpire contact. Straight down the other end for a goal. I could go on.
by Courtney Fish
Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Both to be honest. Some players know they have worth - or at least discover it when a club contacts and then seem to test the waters around the place.. but clubs are straight onto potential recruits.

Our players this year, I was looking forward to a break at the end of footy season - less than a week after the GF players getting texts from other clubs about next year, so had no choice but to get back to work and lock them away.

Yeah, my mate did say that a few clubs had been messaging his lad straight after the H&A season, and a few more since then, and a couple wanting to "catch up"

Social media makes it a hell of a lot worse as well with players feels a great sense of worth if they see themselves on a post saying they're the big club recruit. It puts alot of pressure on the volunteers responsible for keeping players at their own club .

I think the socials announcements are more for the club supporters to see the club is actively trying to improve the list. Gives them some positivity over the offseason. And wouldn't current players be pleased with some good recruits joining them?
by Courtney Fish
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |