Clarke
Smith
<Insert Batsman>
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Harris
Lyon

I think the selectors might go with Bailey. I'd him at five and Smith at six.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

I do like Happy Trails in the Cox Plate......currently 15/1.

Ran 4th behind Atlantic Jewel and It's A Dundeel at Caulfield then came out and won the Turnbull beating Puissance de Lune and Fawkner (wins Caulfield Cup next start).

Think It's a Dundeel has a question mark over it missing the run with the hoof injury. Fiorente was good a good win at Moonee Valley but wasn't a crack field which had Super Cool as favourite who hasn't really progressed any further in the spring.

Just my thoughts but think Happy Trails is a great chance at odds on Satdee. And maybe with Beshara being suspended might be a bit of a fairy tale story for Cozmanis taking over.....
by Hefty
Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Benson resigns at Sturt

Thanks for the link Hawks 21.
I tried posting a reply to this topic a while back but I somehow screwed it up using the new site format.
Basically though, I cannot comment on his tenure as CEO as I'm not privy to the ins and outs of running the club.
But I'll remember Benson as a member of that 1988 team under Mervyn Keane, the one that promised so much future before it got sliced up. I also remember him putting up his hand to help when we were in deep shit and about to fold in the mid 90's.
Glad to read of his achievement, hopefully the club will be in better shape for his work.
by therisingblues
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Fair enough, apparently the port players have openly told clubs that they come as a package and as many of them want to play together as possible and Sturt makes sense considering how many players they lose
Thought Sturt were broke, these guys playing for the love of it are they?

They still have to replace the players they have lost and still have to be able to put 42 blokes on the field, they have no chance if survival as a club just recruiting shite cheap footballers and collecting spoon after spoon, there only chance of survival is with success

Maybe the port blokes aren't asking for as much if it means they can stay together.
by whufc
Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Nude female jockey race?
by Brodlach
Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Which Westhoff? The shit one or the other shit one?
by dedja
Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Quote of the series so far from Kerry O'Keefe to Jonathon Agnew "the problem with this English cricket team is that it has too many Englishmen in it"..... Gold!
by stampy
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Port are only a suburb. Crows are the team for all south Australians. No big deal I would have thought
by Stumps
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

well done crows brilliant marketing ..... very proud to be a south aussie
by tigerhutch
Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

if crows decided to wear the jumper anyway I would watch
I would put some money towards the fine also.

I want passion into the game,
it would've been awesome.
by Johno6
Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

As much as I'd like to see Slattery rubbed out for plenty of weeks to somewhat help even up the competition, the only thing he did wrong is slightly get off the ground when he bumped. Maybe 1-2 weeks for poor execution of the bump, but didn't think it was that bad. Unlucky for the Sturt player to break his jaw.
Not sure how you would call it 'unlucky'. Slattery charged in from a good run up, was always going to hurt Stephens. Until the last few steps Stephens had his back to Slattery, had he maintained that stance then it would still be an illegal hit. The only way it could be legal was if Stephens had turned side on after he had hand passed, seen Slattery and braced for contact. 6 weeks and I can't see how you could argue for less.
by sigur
Tue May 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Jetters wrote:Thoughts on Modbury, what makes them good?

Their colours.
by Q.
Thu May 22, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 afl ladder

Rik E Boy wrote:Adelaide are complete rubbish and will miss the eight. So many absolute plodders on that list. Too much left to too few with too many comfortable players.

regards,

REB

Same bloke who called Hodge a plodder a couple of years ago.....
by westcoastpanther
Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Is Sturt still Sturt, or are they now "Stort" and making plans to wear a double blue prison bar guernsey?
With the number of ex Glenelg players appearing at Sturt in recent years, they ought to be wearing Zero Wing fighter pilot regalia... "All your Bays are belong to us".

The Sturt junior program must be something to behold. They just keep getting senior players from a handful of other SANFL clubs. "Stortelg" maybe?

Quick scan of Norwood's GF team and there's Dawe,Newton, Davis, Phillips, Wilson, Bode, Mcguiness, Baulderstone, Bartlett, Allan who are definitely recruits that didn't come through Norwood's juniors and there is probably more.

Norwood 10/21recruits = 11/21 from juniors = 52% juniors
Sturt 17 juniors out of 30 according to above = 57% juniors

Not quite an apples v apples comparison but it's worth considering some facts before throwing stones from the inside of the glasshouse. I would think a successful SANFL side would rarely be too far outside these figures despite perceptions of opposition supporters.
by SANFLnut
Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

Is it time for Canberra to get a first class team?

Yes. And kick the Redbacks out. Don't deserve to be in.

Moron...

But he is correct.

The SA redbacks having been the worse sporting team in Australian professional sport over the last 15 years

Though South Adelaide has gave them a run for there money
When the ACT dominate the Futures League Competition for several seasons then there might be some merit in the outrageous statements made in here.
by heater31
Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

It will seem I'm being deliberately contrarian, but I'm tending to look at it the other way.
It's desperately unlucky it happened to Hughes.
It's a freak accident, it would be even more desperately unlucky for something like that to happen to someone at grass roots level.
It's that luck aspect I can't get my head around. Usually when a player gets hit in the head, he brushes it off, retires and then comes back, shaken with maybe a headache. For me, the Hughes incident is so beyond the realms of the expected that it is hard to comprehend.
However, it does make me think about the risks of keeping up to the stumps a little more.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Peter Motley Oval

Well done Sturt and Australian Gas Networks . Also great that Peter Motley Oval will have a permanent fence next season and hopefully we will no longer see local residents with dogs on the oval as the players are walking off. I understand the picket sale to fund the fence has been that successful that it will not only cover the cost of the fence but return a surplus.
by Gravel
Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus-Eng-Ind One Day Tri Series

The silence for all those that think kohli oversteps the mark but Warner doesn't is deafening...

Warner really needs to pull his head in.
Koli the spoilt brat can do what he wants, the Indian cricket board protects him $$$$

Warner has done nothing that hasnt been going on for 100's of years and will continue for another 100 years. The media coverage just picks up on everything these days. As long as he (or anyone else) doesn't over step the line, sledge away i say!

Aaaand there it is...

So you don't reckon Warner overstepped the mark? I certainly do. I love his aggression but he is as dumb as a box of hammers sometimes, and yelling at an Indian to speak English is pretty dumb. I would have told Warner to fk off in every language I knew.
I think he was creeping over the line... He would have picked up a few phrases playing IPL and im sure he recognised something he said and took offence. I don't think what he said was that bad but the aggressive nature he did it in was average.

Yeah I agree. Even if he just said "what was that dickhead" lol he would have been ok probably
by bennymacca
Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Does Hills C Grade still play on Sundays? Maybe it's something to do with that.

I'm not overly fussed where Blackwood puts its teams, I do however think that if they're only fielding one side in the SAAFL that side should be put in a C Grade with Div 7/8 reserved for two (or four) side clubs.
by jo172
Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Sturt @ Coopers Stadium (Thur N 2/4)

Umpires doing there best to keep Sturt in it, disgraceful!

Not how I saw it. Worst 4 decisions tonight:

1. Sturt player (Hansen?) copped contact from front in marking contest. Play on until he had to be stretchered off. No free.
2. Sturt player clearly kneed in the head just outside defensive goal square, Norwood goal results
3. Two Sturt players clash heads and somehow a Sturt free kick. Sturt point.
4. Newton drops his opponent to ground off the ball and umpire ignores it (If it's caught on video he could get games), Norwood goal to Davis

I thought Norwood clearly had the rub of the umps in first half and then probably Sturt after half time. The obvious and painful ones hurt Sturt more on my opinion.

Umps did at least let most things go.

Sturt won the rucks.
Norwood mids won more ball.
Sturt forward line gave nothing in first half.
Norwood looked shaky and worried at times, but Sturt didn't take their chances to hurt them on scoreboard.
Norwood made more errors than usual but Sturt made more errors than Norwood did.
Both sides are quality sides and will be up near the top again.
by SANFLnut
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

stan wrote:Regardless if its im the spirit if the game, I think Dangerfield can expect this treatment most weeks now.

for sure. i think every player goes through this in the transition from being extremely good to being truly one of the best in the comp.
by bennymacca
Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

was it everyone yelling BAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL when a finger was put on the opposition that turned you away?
It was how quick they bagged their own players when they were getting beat, how ripped off they got from the umpiring decisions and how more concerned they were at seeing their cross town rivals fail more than their own success, facebook hasn't done anything to make me like them more , it's a shame as my son supports them, may father that recently passed away idolised Rory Sloane which reminds me of him every time he gets the ball and I reckon Tex is an absolute champion bloke.

You've quoted every one eyed supporters mentality regardless of team. Don't be so naive to think it is only Crows mate.
by MW
Fri May 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Running at 58% disposal efficiency will hurt against average sides let alone the top sides and 2.8 from 10 set shots will kill you against anyone, not just the best sides. Sure the pressure Fremantle create ( real and perceived ) probably brings most sides efficiency crashing down.

Lever does look a ripper, get 3-5kg of muscle on him and he's set for a long career. Couple him with Talia and Shaw ( who I think is also a promising tall backman ) and the likes of Kelly (another likely type), Hartigan, Smith, Brown, Laird etc and clearly the defensively minded Walsh is building from the back.

He inherited a pretty good forward half with Walker, Betts, Jenkins and the mids in Danger, Sloane etc so not a lot to do there.

If Adelaide were cleaner against Port and Fremantle they'd be 8 points better off on the ladder and that's frustrating,I'm sure. If you don't get the ball, you can't use it,but when you do get it and burn it that's opportunity lost and with how even this year is you can't afford to waste opportunities.
by Booney
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Adelaide Uni are seeking to have 8 Men's teams this season, must be the biggest club in SA. Also has huge influx of players 18-21 years of age. Why would you want to remove such a club from SACA?
They get a lot of international students and new arrivals to Australia playing for them which is fantastic but they could fill this role equally well in Adelaide Turf. And they do anyway - four of those teams are in Adelaide Turf already.

The whole point of grade cricket is it is not about running huge clubs with tons of players - that's what Adelaide Turf and the hard wicket competitions are for. Grade Cricket is meant to be the elite cricketers who are trying to play at a higher level.

In my opinion we're looking at the glass half empty. If they are competitive at Grade Level, why would they go down? Only to come and dominate Turf.
They're perennially mid-table at grade level and only get there by taking players from other grade clubs or topping up with UK recruits.

They perform no role of any value to the pointy end of SA cricket.

Where they can (and do) play a key role is providing an avenue for students and people new to SA/Aus to play the game at medium and lower levels. I don't think they'd dominate turf because their handful of quality players would leave.
by Tony Clifton
Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Booney wrote:WATSON DROPPED!

:lol:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436913588.134755.jpg
by RustyCage
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think you may have missed my point.... I would have thought "some" Adelaide footy people would have at least modest interest in the Hawthorn Vs Sydney game given their relative positions (3 & 4) on this years premiership table..... for it to not rate a mention at all is.... well typical. The 2 SA clubs ARE part of a National Comp....and the game on Saturday night was a display of what was happening at the "pointy end of the comp..... No disrespect to the situation here in SA, but yesterday game (while very important to the 2 sets of supporters) was 9th playing 13th.....

Go read the herald sun and watch 360 like the rest of us!

Surely you expect an SA paper the day after SAs biggest game to cover mostly that.

And also that a casual supporter in sa will mostly want to know about that. Us diehards might want to know more but we have those avenues available.
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441177805.514481.jpg
by RustyCage
Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How about this trade.
Dangerfield to Geelong for Pick 9 & George Horlin Smith.
Send Pick 9 to PA for Hartlett. In saying that,Other teams might have something better to offer Hartlett.
Crows will be hoping for a lot more. Surely the Beams deal last year (First round, second round + Cripps) is a starting point.

People also need to stop going on about 'we should have taken pick 2 and 3 from Melbourne last year'. He was never going to go to Melbourne and we couldnt force him as he was contracted.

Also Bock and Davis would still be playing for the Crows if the GC and GWS were not in the comp, both were given massive $$$$ they could not say no too.

i will wait till the end of trade period to see what club does Coach and player wise before getting too upset! Hey it could be worse, we could be Carlton Supporters!

Line ball from this side of the fence mate. ;)
by Booney
Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated Wednesday - Patrick Dangerfield

Are you all this simple or just trolling? He would have to agree to a trade, and the only side he was willing to go to is Geelong, who know they get him for nothing the following year. For your sake I hope this is just trolling
by MW
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FWIW I think it's a good appointment. Been around for a long time, coached his own side before (albeit for only 2 years). Time will tell.
by MW
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

I agree with what you are saying just would like a pick coming back, maybe their 3rd rounder or something. Just think it is overs for Menzel.
by MW
Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League season 2015-16

You also won't see the faces and names of the 90 people kicked out in a national mainstream newspaper being claimed as criminals and terrorists despite some of them actually not facing criminal charges.
Never seen anyone called terrorists or criminals mentioned but having been to some finals in Melbourne it does have that feel about it at times, I've only felt scared leaving one sporting event in this country having to hide my colours in fear at a soccer final. And that was after we had to get moved getting pelted with glass from behind.
Drinking for 8 hours and getting kicked out of the MCG amongst tens of thousands others for being pissed is different to morons.that rock up to games with explosives looking to create fear and havoc.
The soccers only rival in this area are some of the western Sydney rugby league teams.
I've never felt threatened at a football match (except for some at Elizabeth) nor the cricket nor the basketball , soccer has a pack hooligan mentality unrivalled.
by Wedgie
Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian ODI Squad for NZ tour

Exactly - the point is, waiting to see a replay is not part of the laws.
Whether the players appealed is a moot point. The decision was made and would not have been reviewed, if not for the replay.
You don't get time + replay to review the decision. You get time.
And you don't fix a wrong via another wrong. Crap umpiring.

So much for New Zealand playing to the 'spirit' of the game...
It just proves NZ will also take every advantage to win a game, just as Aussies will.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Why isn't the University cricket club heading for demotion to the second division. No juniors. Have they ever developed a junior from scratch to represent the state!!!

Why would club/clubs with a history of developing juniors be garrotted in favour of a regime with no proven track record in producing juniors.

Come on SACA stop playing a game and tell the public what the real agenda is.
by ferret
Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Very good as always mate.

I hope it's Young ahead of Toumpas this week. I think we'll also see quite a bit of Trengove and Westhoff in the ruck this week to run Jacobs off his feet.

Lobbe is about 2 weeks from being a worry for me, not yet, I'll back him for now, but it's not far from being a real worry.....

Jacobs should win the rucks but their midfield is bog average. Ports mids will be sharking Sauce's taps all day.

regards,

REB

Interesting take, REB. If we couldn't shark Hickey, what makes you think we will shark Jacobs?

Off day for our mids you reckon?
by valleys07
Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Maybe you need to learn to read read a little more closely. That backline, if it magically happened, assuming the continued improvement of lever, would, in 2018, be close to the best backline compared to other teams in 2018.

Is that clearer for you?
by bennymacca
Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last nights game went as expected IMO. I find it funny how so many Crows supporters start to turn on the team after the last few weeks. Two months back before the season started if you said we would be 4-4 I would have taken it. I honestly thought we could have been 7 or even 8 losses based on a pretty tough early draw. Losses to North, Geelong, Bulldogs and Hawthorn is nothing to lose that much sleep over. The form of Freo and Richmond had surprised me and I think we got to play Port at the right time. Really played out of our skins (and need to) to beat the Swans here.

A heap of improvement is needed but still a pretty young side trying to cover the loss of probably the comps best player. I think people were seduced by early form and started talking top 4 way too prematurely! the better sides have worked out how to beat our game plan so we need to adapt now. Walker has been down but no coach in the AFL would drop him from that side on current form, tend to agree with Wayne Carey a bit on Jenkins - he will never demand an oppositions best 1 or even 2 defenders especially while Walker is in that side. The Cats didnt seem to have 1 or 2 best defenders, they are pretty much covered across the whole back 6. Our back 6 have been OK but really miss Laird this last two weeks and have to say I struggle to see how Cheney is currently in our best 22, maybe only saved by Laird being out at the minute. Scoreboard flattered us really last night, Cats should have put us away early. If we start losing the real winnable games like GC, Ess, Bris Id be concerned. Earlier in the year would have inked in wins against the Saints, Melb and Carlton but they are no longer a given either. Would need to target a key mid in next years trade to assist Sloane once Thompson pulls the pin - B Crouch has potential to be special but needs a heap of time to find his feet, his brother while he is OK sometimes I think we got him to keep Brad here.

BTW - I really hate us playing Friday night footy! Cant remember the last one we won and leaves me depressed all weekend!
by TEX07
Sat May 14, 2016 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so brad crouch is out of contract who grew up just north of geelong probably loving the cats is not really getting a run would be missing home and has done enough to earn a decent contract to possibly head back to that area :D do i sense a common theme here

done enough :lol:
For Carlton standards, sure
by MW
Thu May 19, 2016 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Did i hear one of the coaches say VB was "versatile and can play lots of different roles"? :lol:

No matter what you say Booney he is very versatile.

Can play-

Left Right Out
Water Boy
Timekeeper (very intelligent person)
Bin emptier
Gatorade and strapping cleaner uperer
by Brodlach
Fri May 20, 2016 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

https://www.facebook.com/9NewsAdelaide/ ... 358557461/

What a bunch of legends the PAOC boys are raising money for this little girl.
by The Big Shrek
Sun May 22, 2016 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 NBL Season/Off-season news/Boomers

Quite possibly the strongest Boomers team we have had?
11 standouts with a decent starting 5.

I would rate the 2000 Olympic team that finished 4th our best.

Andrew Gaze, Shane Heal, Luc Longley, Mark Bradtke, Andrew Vlahov, Ricky Grace, Sam MacKinnon, Chris Anstey, Paul Rogers, Jason Smith, Brett Maher, Martin Cattalini.

When BA first announced the 26 man squad I think they said it would be culled to 16 so I think one has been added more for his service than being a genuine chance of being on the team and I think that's Exum. He's only just been cleared for contact and I highly doubt the Jazz would let him play. Aside from that I don't think Exum would be in our best 12 anyway.

Dellavedova/Lisch
Mills/Newley/Goulding
Ingles/Broekhoff
Andersen/Motum/Bairstow
Bogut/Baynes

That would be my team.
by Gozu
Thu May 26, 2016 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I couldn't see any of the game on the weekend...a lot of journos saying how bad GWS were rather than how well Adelaide played.
Anyone got a write up of the game they can share?

I think Adelaide were pretty good, I think GWS weren't at their best and some, if not most of that, can be attributed to Adelaide.

Talia wore Cameron like a glove and Patton was moved into defence to stem the flow leaving either Hartigan or Cheney lose, neither of them had great games and both made a couple of blues but ultimately Adelaides start and the function of the forward line meant GWS had to give up something forward of the ball and that was Patton. They had one target ( Cameron ) once that move was made and Adelaide just bounced off half back as they do.

Adelaide also worked very hard at the contest to not allow GWS to spoon it out to their runners, when they did they scored but in the main Adelaide either made a secondary stoppage or put heat on the second receiver for GWS out of the stoppage.

Adelaide were good, GWS not at their best I don't think. Once again, more to do with Adelaide stopping them than just having a poor game.
by Booney
Mon May 30, 2016 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If we knock of WCE in Perth it goes a long way to saying we can finish top 4. If that plays out form to date this season suggests we only lose 2 more games for the rest of the year at worst and 16-6 should get you a top 4 spot. I'm still skeptical that we concede too many points. In saying that we have scored the most points in the comp and easily had the hardest draw. After this week we have played the entire top 8 in the first 12 rounds. Pretty fair effort to date when you consider where we finished last year, the losses over the off season and the unsettled nature of the club over the last 2 years. A lot of cudos probably needs to go to the Snr Management of the club in the way they have held it together. They copped a lot of flak for 2-3 years and rightly so but they have done a lot right since Fagan has arrived.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

( The email I have sent the club )

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to consider this correspondence.

I, like many other people, found myself arriving late to the Round 12 match on Saturday June 11 at Adelaide Oval due to unforseen delays on the Adelaide rail network. As I walked across the River Torrens Bridge the siren blew to start the match. I got to my seat at around the 4 minute mark.

When the state government announced yesterday that the club had been given a payment of $50,000 to compensate those inconvenienced by the delays I though this is a perfect opportunity for the PAFC to give something back, let us make no bones about it, we have been on the end of some generous financial support in recent years.

I heard KT last night note that the money would be spent on additional match day entertainment, fireworks, dragon boats in the Torrens amongst other things. I must say I am very, very disappointed to hear the money will be wasted in this manner. Wasted indeed.

I urge the club, I urge the executive to consider the options available to us in regards to spending this money. We have an amazing relationship with the Foodbank charity organisation and the Little Hero’s Foundation here in South Australia does exceptional work with children and their families going through tough times.

Those of us privileged enough to be able to afford a ticket to an AFL match, get on free public transport to head to a safe environment in good health should not be taking this for granted.

Please forward this correspondence to the executive and ask they consider splitting in whatever manner they see fit the $50,000 towards various charities that would immensely appreciate the financial support, the likes of which they would rarely if ever receive.

Regards,

#weareportadelaide
by Booney
Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Given the weather forecast I'm quite happy they picked another inside mid over a flanker
by bennymacca
Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Last night's episode with Jake King was one of the best yet. Gave me a whole new view of him. Seems like a ripping lad with a heart of gold and a very loyal mate.
by Bum Crack
Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am getting fed up with the media, Melbourne media in particular, shit bagging JJ for his "Joe the Goose" goals.
There is a clear reason why he gets so many...for a 199cm 100kg big man, who is always matched up on similar if not smaller players, he has the speed over the first 20m to burn away most if not all of them and get out ahead towards the goal.
The fact that the media keep questioning why teams "allow" this to happen...have a think and maybe they have plans in place to stop it but do not have the speed in their key backs to execute it?
Put a man behind the ball on the goal line and another forward is free hence they cannot do this.
Keep talking him down guys, it helps with the Crows chances of keeping him on affordable money.
by MW
Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yep, there arent too many big men in the AFL that are more athletic than him for his size. Maybe Blicavs and a fit Nic Nat.

Who cares how you score them, its not a coincidence we have the best attack in the league by a fair margin. I personally think it is great coaching that Jenkins and Betts get out the back so often.

It also relies on the kicking ability of the players up the ground, which is often overlooked. Walker, Smith, Sloane, etc can all kick 60m accurately, and that makes a massive difference as you need a long penetrating kick to be able to kick it over the defenders. That is the biggest area of improvement i see in the crows this year
by bennymacca
Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have seen bigger hits in the ANZ Netball Championship. The risk is far too big to challenge
by Former Glory
Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

He is universally loved in the industry and if you have ever had the pleasure of meeting the bloke 1 on 1 he is a such a genuine, down to earth character who makes time for anyone. It's hard not to like the guy when you meet him face to face and when you take off the rivalry cap you will see the Crows this year were just as consistent as any team in the AFL (What this translates to in coming days we will see). Other clubs see and experience this week by week and I am stoked the guy leads the club. He hasn't got the flags ect, doesn't mean he's not the best leader with all the cards he's dealt with.

Walsh did some unbelievable achievements in his short time at the Crows, his belief in and development of this bloke from the start is his best work imo. I love having Texy lead our club.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |