Search found 113 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Cant give an explanation why we played flat 20min quarters but its something that I will need to address tomorrow night.

Thanks to Schelly and all the Ingle Farm lads who come in and had a drink after the game on Saturday. Was good to see so many familiar faces and to have a chat and beer with was great. Good to see Old Farmer once more and sink a couple of cold ones with ya mate. What was said in your rooms after the game i truly meant, and i will be follieing with a very close eye over the next 2 months.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

the milky bar kid wrote:
norm11 wrote:With PG not posting anymore I guess we will struggle.

But HBF is back, so who knows?!?!?

It does seem that the Div 7 thread will lead the way this year. It's flying & Marbles hasn't even come on to mention the "Super C grade" yet... :shock:

Only in a cameo appearance MBK!!!!
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With PG not posting anymore I guess we will struggle.

But HBF is back, so who knows?!?!?

It does seem that the Div 7 thread will lead the way this year. It's flying & Marbles hasn't even come on to mention the "Super C grade" yet... :shock:

Only in a cameo appearance MBK!!!!

You gonna fly under the radar again mate?

Sorry bud, couldn't resist :D

Hahahaha yes well if those were my words I'd accept that but they weren't were they Q. Don't worry I'm under no illusion of the massive job that lays ahead but always up for a challenge. Good luck to all teams, but happy that I get to catch up with my old mate Zed once again. :D
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Snags wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:Both Leighton boys leaving two wells! Huge lost!! Work related I'm hearing

False.

Snags is on the money once again
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see smithfield have picked up Mick Ashby. Very handy inclusion, he is gonna dominate div 6.
Might help cover the loss of Mick Taylor. Remember watching Ashby dominate div 3 (may have been div4) at Eastern Park he could seriously play!
I think we might of been in the same team then ROOBOY ;) I remember one game Ashby kicked 9 goals playing on the ball... might of kicked a few points too, had it on a string! He will go more than ok in this division for sure.

Ashby is a dead set gun he will destroy this comp mark my words great pick up from smithfield will they get varcoe as well.. could be real scary for opposition teams..

Varcoe has signed at Angle Vale I've been told
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just read the Sportsbeat, which I presume is also The Bounce, and Shane Brown the Brahma Pres is now the coach, HBF will be Pi....ed. Central United finished eighth last year, just in front of Mawson Lakes, Angle Vale and Mitchell Park. :lol:

Seriously, who writes this garbage. :D By the way Div 7 doesn't exist so FFS don't come down here.

Don't stress Yank, I'm still the coach of Brahma, contrary to what the writers of Sportsbeat think
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok I'll clear this up once and for all. YES I made an error of judgement Saturday that I am not proud of, but at no stage was that directed at Paul or anyone at IFFC. Full credit to them cause they were very good all day. I was very angry at our lack of discipline and actually left the bench half way through the last quarter after a discussion with my senior assistant that I would go and prepare for our after match de brief. At that time the shaking of hands ect didn't enter my mind. I did feel bad about afterwards and went in and had a beer or two with some people from Ingle Farm. Like me or loath me, I admit I made a mistake, for that I'm sorry.

I hope this puts everyone's mind at ease. Thank you.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

p.s. Why talk like he can't see this? Why not just ask him straight out?
Half Back Flanker is this true?

I love all these rumours. Yes I have had a change of employment, but I still attend 90% of trainings and the odd chance that I'm not there, my assistant takes training under consultation from me. Those that actually know me, know that if it was the case that I would only be available Saturday's, I would have stepped down.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi All, last night I received a phone call from the committee advising me that I am no longer the coach of Brahma Lodge Football Club. Right now I'm quite angry over this and not willing to comment further. I wish all the players the best for the remainder of the season, as I feel that they are the losers out of this, and good luck to the rest of the teams in Div 6. Thanks
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From what I hear Beef, the fact it had to be done over the phone is symbolic of the problem in that his job has changed and he's in Melbourne from Monday to Friday. (Stand to be corrected) Tell me you'd be happy with schueffle only turning up on Saturdays and being 0-3

I was in Melbourne every second week which the committee was well aware of before the season started . I had 2 senior assistants which were to take training under my direction on that week which was agreed upon. Til last night.

Magic words bolded. DO you mind me asking if they were they aware of this before you signed as coach though? I understand if you're not up for 20 questions... but at least someone is answering them.

No my situation changed at the end of pre season. It was unfortunate but work had to come first.
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

carey wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:negative on point 1 or point 2 ;)

I will not be taking over as coach of Angle Vale.

Why not?

Cause obviously I can't coach LOL ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Wed May 27, 2015 5:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Surprising that you would move a coach on when you are in the top four. More to it I would think.

So many clubs sack their coaches nowadays so it begs the question. Did the club make the wrong choice in the first instance or is the tail wagging the donkey.
There's less loyalty nowadays, 15 to 20 years ago 70% of the coaches at amateur level would've came from within their own walls, now it's generally who can bring the most players with them.

Yeah that worked well for me .........
by Half Back Flanker
Thu May 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Zedman and the Lockleys lads yesterday being the first side to beat the rampaging Panthers since 2013. Was a great game to watch and no doubt Smithfield will learn from yesterday's loss and come back firing next week. The Lockleys lads were on top from the first bounce yesterday and maybe be the ones who now have the better of the Panthers. Only time will tell I suppose.
by Half Back Flanker
Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope those in charge at Brahma were happy with their season? Some very unhappy people there and wouldn't be surprised if there's another mass exodus. Too many puppets having their strings pulled by people who have a conflict of interest and shouldn't even be involved With the club, especially hiding under family members names.
by Half Back Flanker
Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Bumped into a few farmers boys at the Cross Keys tonight. Good to hear things are on track and I wish them all the best for the season ahead.
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great to see the Farmers win. Best of luck to the Dogs this year !!
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawl of Para Hills

Q. wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Very sad to see the club in this position. Hopefully they can re-build and return next year

A return to A grade coaching perhaps HBF?

He has media commitments now

Hahaha very fast there Q ;-)

One wouldn't think so Zartan, I'm very happy working with the juniors on Brighton Rd these days
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kevin Sheedy @ The Lockleys Football Club 17th of May 2016

LOCKLEYS FC Sheedy Night SA Footy 2.pdf[/attachment]Get on board and come see the great man Sheeds !!! Contact the club for tickets or PM me
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know first hand how much hard work has gone into getting the Farmers back on track. They aren't a club that has the money of others, but have a core group of lads that have come up through the junior system and have stuck around for the right reasons. People like Old Farmer and Zartan should be applauded for the work they have done over the past five years and let's hope it's the year of the doggies in 2016
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kevin Sheedy @ The Lockleys Football Club 17th of May 20

Due to unforeseen circumstances out of our control, the great man Kevin Sheedy will now be appearing on Tuesday the 17th of May at 8pm. Everyone welcome, $50 per ticket which includes show, finger food and four beers (or equivalent ). Sports memorabilia auctions, lucky door prizes and more. PM myself for ticket information.
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kevin Sheedy @ The Lockleys Football Club 17th of May 20

Get on board, tickets are selling fast!!
by Half Back Flanker
Tue May 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Milly wrote:Ex Div 1 Star & one of the best players to ever play SAAFL in Glen Mount about to sign for Ramco this week! :shock:

Absolute champ and a massive pick up for Ramco if true. Will still tear it up in his mid 40's
by Half Back Flanker
Tue May 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

Hi gentlemen,

Hope you are all having a really good day. If you are having a quiet day, at home or need something to read. The magazine is a really interesting read for those who like to follow what is going on in the SAAFL on a weekly basis. The magazine also gives you the chance to read up on a few interesting articles as well as what is going on in each division. So have a think about it and clink on the link below and download the local section and enjoy what's going around in the SAAFL today.

Cheers

http://www.safootballer.com.au

Oi Footy Chick last year you banned me for posting Hosie's team of the weeks.. you gonna ban B4E? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Your'e all over it aren't you Zartan.........like a fat kid with........hang on probably not suited here old mate ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Wed May 11, 2016 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawal of Para Hills

Can confirm that Para Hills will not be merging with any other club for the 2017 season, the club has been working hard to put new sustainable structure in place to support 2 senior teams next year and beyond....... sorry to ruin a good rumour though

Good to hear Blackroo. I wish the club all the best in the rebuild
by Half Back Flanker
Wed May 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New coaches - 2016

carey wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Zartan to Para Hills???

That's the Strong rumor circulating most fast food outlets

:D :D :D :D :D
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New coaches - 2016

Zartan to Para Hills???
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great publicity last night for Angle Vale on MMM. The question is now, will Mallala allow them to kick the first goal for the free beer on offering for the day??
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Timmy Aloisi on 100 goals. Great bloke who deserves all the success he achieves. Well done bud.
by Half Back Flanker
Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rosewater FC - Public Notice

Good luck next year mate. Hope RFC as a club move forward quite quick and positively towards a great 2017.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances - 2017

Q. wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:I can only seem to get last seasons clearances up....

Click the date column and it will sort in order of most recent

Thanks nude nut !!! ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Nichdanmatt wrote:Fitzroy the big movers,bottom 3 in 2016 to top 3 in 2017,just a hunch

Hearing a few from Glenunga heading that way
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

At the end of the day, clubs can only control what is within their control. Para Hills might be strong or they may suffer a heap of injuries and struggle......who knows? Personally, I think its good for the division in some aspects. It makes all us other clubs strive to be better, which I think is great for the comp. I wish all clubs in the div all the best and look forward to what challenges we face in 2017..........Bring on pre season!!!!
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two wells
Ins
-Drew lister
-Matt camplin
-khan Leighton

Outs
-Nathan rose

Lister going on 36 I believe, kicked 1200+ goals in 14 or 15 years of div 1 footy.
Camplin 30, huge X factor, has played plenty of div 1 footy. Has moved to two wells due to his partner plays netball there and is the easiest for there kid to be looked after instead of always being at different places.

Campo is a jet and a massive get for you guys Snags. Not sure everyone at Two Wells would be happy to see him though ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ramco Football and Netball Club would like to welcome our latest recruits to the club Luke Nelson, Josh Sobels and Josh Rees. They come to the club committed to making 2017 bigger and better for the Rooster.
'Together We Win'

Barry Gavranich,
A Grade Football Coach

Never thought Nelly would leave Brahma........Kid can play.
by Half Back Flanker
Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have heard that Sumner has signed at Portland......big lost for West Croydon
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Q. wrote:I rate that Dan Bryant fella, striking and elegant, moves like a gazelle on the football field

First of all, i was asking B4E :D
Second - Dan Bryant moved more like a prancing pony!
images.png

In tears Zartan :D :D :D
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games wanted - 2017

Mitchell Park FC are looking for a trial on Sunday the 19th of March. Unfortunately our oval is unavailable though. Please PM me if interested.
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

zedman wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:That will push Para Hills over the edge - Holland & Cree!!

its countered by this:

Lockleys Mitchell Park Knowles, Wayne Pending 2017-02-21 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very funny Zed
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see Wade Matthews having a crack at a SANFL club. Good to see.
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

we do try and target ex lockleys juniors and seniors a lot..there would be over 10 ex juniors in the A grade squad now..its good for the culture of a club..

Saw big Slaven Pavic pounding the pavement on my way home from work the other night Zed. Great to see the big fella looking fit. Will be massive for you to have him at the start of the season this year.

"zlatan" is still coping/managing with his OP but we are very happy he is in for another season mate..

As you are fully aware I rate him extremely high. Massive to have him up and about.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:
Dr. Pink wrote:angle vale not providing netball teams this year. Isn't this a condition of them coming in the legue.
is it too late to make a new draw if they havnt met their conditions.

Very interesting.

Where would they go this late before the season??
by Half Back Flanker
Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

I'm just looking forward to being able to have a few froffies with Carey and the Real Number 3 a couple of times this year again!!
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:I'm just looking forward to being able to have a few froffies with Carey and the Real Number 3 a couple of times this year again!!

Your buy?

I heard you wouldn't shout if a shark bit you! ;)

Hahahahaha I do remember a night at Rowe Park after a game that a few were consumed big fella
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm just looking forward to being able to have a few froffies with Carey and the Real Number 3 a couple of times this year again!!

Your buy?

I heard you wouldn't shout if a shark bit you! ;)

Hahahahaha I do remember a night at Rowe Park after a game that a few were consumed big fella

I also remember a night at Rowe park when my Mrs rocked up losing her mind lol

was that the Fev night???

Thats right, that was when you introduced me to her and on the way in you said " Gee she's unhappy tonight, I suppose this might not be the time to tell her I'm going on a cruise with the boys in a few weeks"
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:HBF ******* tight arse

Pretty sure last time I saw you this week you were walking out of my office with a carton under your arm Norm??
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Is Moana Hope the most over rated women's footballer in the comp?
by Half Back Flanker
Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Inallseriousness wrote:Aloisi to YPL

Paskerville I'm led to believe. Pretty potent forward line with him and Webber in it !!!
by Half Back Flanker
Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs struggling for numbers ...

morell wrote:First it was Sheldon. Then it was Erin Brockovich. Now it's Ted!

Soon you'll work it out that there is only one morell 8) :lol:

Thank God!!!!! :D :D
by Half Back Flanker
Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

morell wrote:Coaches thinking they can hide things always make me giggle.

@Half Back Flanker

Am i hiding you from the B Grade Morell????
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

zedman wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Rumour in the front bar on Monday night was Nathan Rayner to CBCOC. Pretty handy pick up if true.......

sack your spy HBF :)

Blackfriars OS Fitzroy Rayner, Nathan Pending 2017-05-01

Yeah never trust the bloke in the front bar Zed ;)
by Half Back Flanker
Tue May 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |