Search found 429 matches

Return

Re: Coaching Appointments 2015

Brahma Lodge Football Club is pleased to annouce the appointment of Wayne Knowles as Senior Coach for season 2015.

Wayne brings over 25 years of football experience, and most recently has been involved with Ingle Farm and Mawsons Lakes Football Clubs.

BLFC welcomes Wayne and his family to the football club - Bring on 2015!
by Browny25
Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

He parted ways with Mawsons I believe, not the other way around.
by Footy Chick
Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Well told the c grade coach who he works with he wants to play for para hills. So the c grade coach told the club that shane was keen to come out and thats were they are being disrespectful by saying he can play c grade.

Rattled roo you should go and talk to your club and sort this shit out

if Shane made the decision to come back to PHFC, he wouldnt be playing C Grade.......
by blackRoo
Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we should start up the SAFooty Penguins...
by Q.
Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am not understanding why you are so upset B4E? What relevance does SPOS reforming have to do with MLFC now? Understand there is history, but Mawson Lakes have now begun forging their own name, brand and history.

From what i've heard, Mawson Lakes dont get any kick backs from St Pauls now do they? They don't attract Old Scholars coming out of school etc into their senior program? Apart from that history, what link do Mawson Lakes have to St Pauls now?

You said yourself the club made the decision to move away from St Pauls to Mawson Lakes, made the decision to change their name etc. THEIR CHOICE.

You said the decisions were for the better of the club because how the school treated you - so why are you so upset?! If the school or a group of players want to try and form a side then how does it affect your life?

It doesn't, i dont even think you know what you are talking about.

Good luck to SPOSFC 2015!
by no_remorse28
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Informer wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:If that is true, will that be the demise of Central United?

I think Woodward leaving them is going to affect them more than Dutchy going to his 712th club!

Says the guy at his 713th cllub ;)
by Footy Chick
Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But Lizbeff the year before, yes?
by Footy Chick
Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
carey wrote:Are you sure?

I'm carrying as much weight as a bloke who does his best work from the sidelines, but I think I better stick to playing.

I heard the bloke your talking of is back in training.............. He needed to :oops:
by carey
Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Those 3 + that Seb that are going to kaniva, there weekly payments would be $4,000 a week on just those 4 players! :shock: hardly worth it in my opinion.[/quote]

You don't have a good word to say about many players do ya snags. Arguably 2 of the top 4 players in APFL last season to a (without seeing any football) lesser comp, that is a great get for kaniva.[/quote]

Didn't say a bad thing about any of these players. Just stating that I think that's a lot of $$ being thrown around.
by Snags
Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Those 3 + that Seb that are going to kaniva, there weekly payments would be $4,000 a week on just those 4 players! :shock: hardly worth it in my opinion.

You don't have a good word to say about many players do ya snags. Arguably 2 of the top 4 players in APFL last season to a (without seeing any football) lesser comp, that is a great get for kaniva.

Didn't say a bad thing about any of these players. Just stating that I think that's a lot of $$ being thrown around.[/quote]

Well you made up a $$ amount that they "would" be on. Then went on to say that they are hardly worth it. Stribling would be one of the best mids going around outside the sanfl IMO. Duncan wouldn't be far off stribs either.[/quote]

To be perfectly honest I reckon I underestimated what they would be on knowing that Seb hasn't played for a country team for less then $1800 a game in the last 5 years. And you speak so highly of stribling so add another $1k minimum on top and I actually rate Duncan really highly probably just as much as stribling so he would be similar to stribs I would imagine so there you go. Add thach to that and you are over the $4k I was estimating.
when I say they are hardly worth it, I mean it as no one is worth that much when it comes to country football. Nothing personal.
by Snags
Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dylan Wise to the Lodge
Holland too, just a couple of extras
by eric
Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs should be left to rot and die out... That is the most moronic statement I have ever read about community football.. What type of a peanut says that shite... With no juniors & being surrounded by 3 of the bigger Junior club in the norther area what other options are available to the smaller clubs.. If you have the finances you spend them to make your club stronger.. Sure we did ok for a couple of years and then due to a number of reasons we went downhill. You can surmise why that is however you want and you can put your pathetic rants up here for everyone to see all you want. You can even have personal digs & post smart ass comments but at the end of the day we have 100+ blokes that want to play footy for our club, 20 of them are getting paid to do it which leaves 80+ doing it for the club & the guernsey.. Half of you mob are so easy to bait up it's like shooting fish in the pond. How about next time some of you see me at a game come up and tell me how much you hate us to my face and slag us off while your standing in front of me, then I might take some of what you are saying on board but until then keep running ya lips.. I know it's all half of ya are good at.. The stupid thing is if I were at your club and it was facing the same dilemma I would be doing everything within my power to change that as well.. After all nobody remembers who came last.. History only talks about the winners..
by eric
Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it true that the Doggies named that ranga that plays in the midfield as their new Captain. I think his name is Darren Bryant???
by wristwatcher
Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

n.lynch to para hills haha

Lynchy is a great guy & provided good years of service to the club as well as being a premiership vice captain. He was upfront & honest with his requests to go back to his old club to play for what is sadly, possibly the last season at Para Hills for an unwell friend.

I can see how you'd find that funny... :roll:
by the milky bar kid
Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That would be "Brahma" Woof Woof
by eric
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If that is the case, they dont come under the 3 player rule then either.

I'm reasonably certain the three player rule is for people who have previously played 25 games in seniors for the club.

Zero pointers are people who have played 25 games previously or fulfilled the junior/old scholar requirements.

I don't think having fulfilled the old scholar requirements is sufficient to overcome the 3 player rule.

It's also noteworthy that the 3 player rule is discretionary. If Broadview isn't concerned about the number of players it won't be a problem.
by jo172
Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

AV have reportedly recruited quite well and will be stronger.
I'm not sure that is true. Well either am I. It's all speculation at this stage.

If they play with the side that played against us in the second game last year, they'll be quite competitive. If they add a sprinkle of quality, they will make finals and will be a threat.

EDIT: And i see from the D6 thread they've added Varcoe ....
by morell
Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought it was unlike you to not have something to say ;) :-P But I can say something here! All the more for the loyal safooty readers. 8)

Shane has been really good for us thus far. His trainings have been fun and on occasion just the right amount of difficult. He has said all the right things and has the players on board. He has managed to recruit a couple of likely types - we obviously want and need more but he is working very diligently on that.

No complaints at all from this black duck and we are glad he is getting another crack at it after being treated unfairly in the media last year.

No comment was my decision FC. Why go over old ground and drag Mitchell Park in to it when the article is of little interest. If the said writer was actually looking for a feel good story no probs, but he seems to be a very negative writer who's glass is always half empty.
The good news is that the community has rallied behind Shane and likewise all the new players who have come to the club. I am in the middle of registering 56 players who have all signed with another 10 to go in the next 2 weeks. So we will clearly be playing in Div 7 with 2 teams. I want to say thanks to everyone who has worked tirelessly on getting it together and in particular the staff at the League who have been amazing.
Now that's my comment. :D
by Yank Man
Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Half Back Flanker wrote:Not much talk of Lockleys on here atm.......You'd be liking that hey Zed ;) 8)

mate..with the aloisi's, robb's and ashby's of the world cutting, ripping and shredding everything to pieces in div 6 there is nothing to talk about..im focusing on 2016 now.. :)
by zedman
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not much talk of Lockleys on here atm.......You'd be liking that hey Zed ;) 8)

mate..with the aloisi's, robb's and ashby's of the world cutting, ripping and shredding everything to pieces in div 6 there is nothing to talk about..im focusing on 2016 now.. :)

Div 6 is a Northern Suburbs world mate, you're just living in it. ;)
by Pag
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No apology needed, but accepted and we all move on. All the best Wayne
by Inallseriousness
Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All the best Wayne. The other stuff on here is just pure speculation. Only a few people know the real reason/situation...I just hope they can like what they see when they look in the mirror. The mirror doesn't lie.
by Inallseriousness
Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

who would want to be a coach,so many things can go wrong even with the best list,good luck wayne.
by Nichdanmatt
Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lots happening on here. Wayne and Scott coming to have a kick for me.
by norm11
Thu May 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

the milky bar kid wrote:Brahma Lodge hit deny so many times it sent the system into meltdown ;) :lol:

Or just from the sheer number of clearances they've lodged.. :shock:

#BLFC #Premiers #2k16 #CantBeTouched
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

Demon Juke wrote:What happened to the clearance list?

Brahma Lodge hit deny so many times it sent the system into meltdown ;) :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Cant give an explanation why we played flat 20min quarters but its something that I will need to address tomorrow night.

Thanks to Schelly and all the Ingle Farm lads who come in and had a drink after the game on Saturday. Was good to see so many familiar faces and to have a chat and beer with was great. Good to see Old Farmer once more and sink a couple of cold ones with ya mate. What was said in your rooms after the game i truly meant, and i will be follieing with a very close eye over the next 2 months.

He's back :shock:
Was good to have a beer and catch up all the goss, could easily got comfy if it wasn't for presso's......Good on ya too for coming in the rooms, I know it would have been hard but I also know it's what you wanted to do. :partyman: Good luck for the rest of the year
by old farmer
Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kevin Sheedy @ The Lockleys Football Club 19th of May 20

I raise your ex-Essendon coach with this ex-Essendon coach haha

by jo172
Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kevin Sheedy @ The Lockleys Football Club 19th of May 20

I've organised a RDO for the Friday, will be there for sure
by Ian
Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

either Ingle Farm trying to play funny buggers or no communication between people at the club :)

i could of sworn inallseriousness was the coach

haha...those that need to know know...both playing in the A's :D

maybe go up the page and change your post you say he is playing B grade but named in the As or do i assume you talking shit

lol....like normal....you can assume whatever you like. Maybe, I like to see people do some research rather than handing information to them on a platter. No big deal, they are both playing A's :D
by Inallseriousness
Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

guess when we play you guys ill ask some players what they get paid out at ingle farm and do my research :)

im sure all players will say they play for free cause they love the club :)

I think it's time Robb_Stark gets a ban every time he accuses a player of taking heaps of cash when they play in a lower div. what ya reckon Mods?

I have great respect for what the farmers have not only done as a club, but their target recruiting has been spot on. Good blokes who don't chase coin. Verigan returning is a big pick up, Sumner is also a big in, Lynchy is also a good player returning.
Maybe Robb will have his feet put firmly back on the ground come 5pm Saty. ;)
by Yank Man
Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So have we heard how the owls went? See their senior colts gave the roosters a touch up

Apparently the boys had to sing the club song in the shower. They had to make way for the women's match. Disgraceful. Ran out of food and drink early as well. Round one was always going to be a feeling out process though.
So you were there ?? ??? Round One for a new club in the league and U are happy to sit back and throw stones?? U can't back pedal and say I guess round 1 was a learning curve. Of course it's a MASSSIVE learning curve for us. But we learnt a lot of things today and I'm sure if u actually speak to any of ur old team mates they will tell u about he actual football game. Any issues please let me know as I'm very proud of my clubs efforts on and off the field. Well done to angle vale and we look forward to improving on and off the field this season and the many more seasons to come.
by norm11
Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawl of Para Hills

From Para Hills facebook page---

The Para Hill Football Club invites all members and interested parties to a Special Meeting to be held at the Clubrooms on Wednesday 20th April at 6:30pm, to inform all present of its current position and to welcome those interested in becoming involved to strengthen the committee heading towards the 2017 season and beyond. We are looking to fill a variety of roles to bolster both Junior and Senior football departments. Please share this date and information with anyone you know or think will be interested in helping the Para Hills Football Club now and in the
future, we look forward to seeing you there.
by Kahuna
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Maybe not ice, but with a rant like that he's definitely on something.

They can normally drive on ovals in good weather, if there is sufficient access (and a safe way to access it) and if the injury warrants that the patient isn't to be moved when you call 000.

Ok, the poor bloke was in a mountain of pain but that's no reason to hang shit on Ambo's because they didn't get out to him in 5 minutes. He was alive and i'm assuming he was breathing, so unfortunately this doesn't put him in the top priority. It's a broken leg, it wasn't going to get anymore broken as I'm sure the very qualified trainers would've had it suitably splinted so it couldn't be moved so time isn't of the essence. If he'd had a heart attack, or slashed a jugular, time would be of the essence.

(sorry, not trying to downgrade this injury at all but facts are facts)

Best of luck to the player for a speedy recovery. They are awful when they happen - Thankfully in 20 years, I've only seen 2 tib/fib breaks (normally comes with an ankle dislocation to boot, not sure if it happened in this instance) and both went onto play again.

I'll be sure to feed back to my Ambo mate at Port Adelaide that you think they're crap and don't care.

You are so far from what i was saying Lisa, Without putting words into my mouth lets have a good look at the statement. I don't remember saying they needed to be there in 2 minuets. OK, i did think it took much longer than i thought it would. I understand the limitations for severity of injury and the emergency services being at other call outs. When they advise to us what has happened the day before, that's what made me a little mad. Especially the fact they were able to drive onto Pulteneys oval on the same bloody day. Add to that, they drive around the block and take their sweet bloody time just waltzing across the oval. Am i on something other than concern for what happened that day. Nope I wouldn't have thought so.
What happened on Saturday wont change my opinion of what actually happened that day, is that not what this forum is about? Opinions and comments around footy and what happens? Might have to read the terms and conditions again. What would have been the reaction to other peoples comments if this had happened elsewhere. Would the replies be the same? To have this occur and then see that a completely different result on another field no more than 12k's away. As i said it was not a good look. This is not my full perspective of the emergency services, just that of what they said and to have them hamstrung to a stupid and ridiculous rule is a joke. I've had more than my fair share of call outs from footy ovals. Actually 9 in total. If my reaction warrants a bit of time off then so be it. Say what you like but they are my thoughts for what happened on the day.
by SATCHEL
Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:one of them is lucky to be 5 foot 5 and looked like he had been having a field day in the paddock rather then the trainning track i nicknamed him tubby duck cause he also had a waddle :D

Sounds a lot like me :-k
by The Bedge
Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kevin Sheedy @ The Lockleys Football Club 17th of May 20

Bugger, I'll have to see if I can get my RDO moved from the Friday to Wednesday
by Ian
Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

DTH this is an example of which you speak..
by vics01
Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

no matter the ins and outs it was 21 v 21 and BOSFC were leading when the siren went..thats all that matters..we know they are the best team in the division so we were proud of our boys efforts and endeavour but we couldnt quite get it done..

ian: we kicked 4.1 - 0.3 into the breeze in the last quarter..both teams were tired but i think those stats dispute your theory..it was a very tough game played at high energy levels and we had 2 guys who were cooked on the bench..you do what you can with what you have available..cheers..
by zedman
Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Ex Div 1 Star & one of the best players to ever play SAAFL in Glen Mount about to sign for Ramco this week! :shock:
by Milly
Tue May 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:You can take an Angle Vale out of the SAAFL, but you can't take the Angle Vale out of Angle Vale

Back u go champ.
by norm11
Mon May 09, 2016 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, is that all? :shock: :roll: Is that considered part of the job description for the runner at the Rams?

Not sure how to take this ? he did not even touch another player - was only standing between, as was the other runner.

Fair enough - that's a bit different to what was initially alleged. However, both runners should probably get the hell out of any scraps that are going on - surely.

Correct - stories get blown out of proportion.

On SAFooty? No way I'm not having that. Gospel on here! ;)
by carey
Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

Hi gentlemen,

Hope you are all having a really good day. If you are having a quiet day, at home or need something to read. The magazine is a really interesting read for those who like to follow what is going on in the SAAFL on a weekly basis. The magazine also gives you the chance to read up on a few interesting articles as well as what is going on in each division. So have a think about it and clink on the link below and download the local section and enjoy what's going around in the SAAFL today.

Cheers

http://www.safootballer.com.au

Oi Footy Chick last year you banned me for posting Hosie's team of the weeks.. you gonna ban B4E? :lol: :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed May 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawal of Para Hills

Zartan wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Hills have kids, Lodge want kids.

Same argument can be said for Mawson Lakes also - and the club rooms/ground at Paddocks > Mawson Lakes..

Mawson Lakes lads would love being closer to the Paddocks......... ;)
by carey
Tue May 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Our committee have decided that in the best interest of the club that a change of coach was required with our assistant coach Brenton taking over as A grade coach. No need to go into the details as to why but you can go your hardest with the innuendos and rumours you've heard, won't be getting much more from me :-#

Wan't Paul Niven the 'B' Grade Coach being groomed for that Job?

=))
by old farmer
Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get the right coach who is prepared to make many phone calls and promote the footy club.Sure a lot of guys have moved on however they must still have some connection to Para Hills emotionally through the 2015 premiership.Would be a massive but exciting challenge to be a part of.good luck to Para Hills and the successful applicant I hope you both do well.
by TIRED TIGER
Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Para Hills Football & Sports Club, affiliated with the Adelaide Football League, is seeking expressions of interest for senior coaches for season 2017 and beyond. Applicants to be driven in the pursuit to return the club back into a position of its former strength. To be considered for these positions please provide details of your experience either by phone on 0403 247 872 or email to: grahame.king@bigpond.com
All applications will be received in confidence.
by blackRoo
Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New coaches - 2016

Half Back Flanker wrote:Zartan to Para Hills???

That's the Strong rumor circulating most fast food outlets
by carey
Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Timmy Aloisi count-down to 100
Goals required: 20
Games remaining: min 4

Returns earlier in the season against same opposition:
2 - Ingle Farm
7 - Woodville South
6 - Adelaide Lutheran

Ingle Farm - 4
Woody Sth- 3
Adel Luth- 8

will finish just short.....

You have to be VERY VERY VERY Good to kick a 100 in a season. Only the pure greats achieve such milestones...... ;)
by carey
Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New coaches - 2016

Half Back Flanker wrote:Will we see the great man Carey back in the coaching circles in 2017?

Unsure at this stage.
by carey
Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |