Search found 221 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

ok so seeing i have your attention and u are now showing some form of rational friendly response, what pros and cons would u provide to a proposal that the sfl move to a 10 team division & the remaining struggling bottom sides move to the saafls division 7

educate my ignorance rather than insult it and list to me the benefits and the disadvantages of such a move which at first seems radical, but if was to go ahead people would still wake up the next day and get on with their lives as if it was the new norm

can u tell me one point to why its outrageous but also give me one reason why it would be excellent
Can you provide an argument why the 5 southernmost struggling SAAFL clubs should not shift to an SFL div 2 rather than get lost in the unwieldy SAAFL?
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

why would they lose juniors? marion edwardstown lonsdale could join msjfl?

hackham & aldinga juniors sure where da **** would they play? this is true

the sfl could separate junior league from seniors - hosting 2 organisations and allowing its 10 team SFL division to proceed....

# Southern Football League
# Southern Junior Football League

yes its crazy talk but no harm in discussing possibilities to make a better place for all

lets not all have panic attacks here

Amateur League culture - worry about the seniors, the juniors can sort themselves out
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:Goodfriend220358 u didnt emotionally object the concept of hackham in the ammos??

Are you talking to yourself?
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

my issues arrives by the fact the bottom SFL club committees are happy to make their customers (footballers) pay their hard earn cash so in 10 years from now they might just be good enough to make finals. In the meantime their hard earn cash can go towards miserable thrashings, and by the time these clubs 'might be good enough' these current paying footballers will be retired and wont even experience the possible good times.

thats cheating your customers, and you are not providing environments in which your customers pay for. you are using your current customers as stepping stones for a decade ahead.

if you could only put your customers first, and leave your high strung committee egos at the door, you might actually decide to do whats right for your players instead of yourselves and place your sides into competitions where your customers at least have a hope of making finals, and by doing this you at least make your customers drive to your football clubs worthwhile.

as it says - if you build it they will come. if you dont they would go

and by inviting footballers to come play for 5 years of misery then you got no chance of attracting dogs balls. and your club deserves to crumble

Amateur league mentality

It is not about the players - they are the product. We are a semi-professional sporting competition, it is about the supporters and community.
The benefit to the supporters and community is diminished if every second week they need to travel to Salisbury, Tea Tree Gully, Port Adelaide or further, and then only for the senior teams.

We don't expect those on the plains to understand, the amateur league is parklands footy - based around participation foremost and purely senior football, hence why the "three men and a dog" comment comes up a lot. It is a different market, ours is an event that people pay to come and see, yours is a game of football happening in the park down the road.

Neither should claim to be superior, but each performs a different function. Ours is about local identity and representing an entire community, yours is based around teams with different purposes (ie representing a school, ethnic group, church or suburb).
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

No other club has conceded more points in A grade

14 clubs have.

Touche. Conceded fewer points.

Hindsight is a wonderful. But change, just for change sake, is also fraught with danger.

As for his campaign manager, maybe. But that is his record. Facts are facts.

I know this is a forum, and opinions are put forward, whether they are popular or not. But I do say this about Dent.

What else can he do?

Promotes the club. Tick.
Promoted juniors this year. Tick.
Organized some excellent speakers for the football nights. Tick.
Puts money back into the club. Tick.

Talks to lots of people every night he is there. And lets face it, we all have an opinion on what he could/should do during a game.

I believe and have seen, Denty is a great club person, and HVFC is lucky to have such a person involved in our club.

Sounds like he will do well at Myponga then
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vinney wrote:No other club has conceded more points in A grade

14 clubs have.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mister Footy wrote:Enough talking about Dent - lets focus on the footy

We have another thread for that
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apparently Crate has been told win a final next year or see ya later. Spent big $ on recruits this year and didnt get any closer. Got some juniors coming thru so interesting to see which direction they head.

pfffft! told by who?? hank and the other pissheads up on the hill? stop talking tripe

Seems to me that I and most rational people I know thought that getting Crate and giving him the coaching job was the smartest decision Christies had made in many years ! He has lifted the team into finals and brought almost universal respect for the team - which hadn't been the case in previous years. Why wouldn't you support him and let him continue the job ?? Big shame if the Christies people don't have the same respect for the man as those outside the club .....

Couldn't agree more. Wasn't long ago that it would be fair to say there wasn't much respect for Christies as a club. Now they are a much stronger playing unit on the field, much more disciplined and the club as a whole seems to be very well run. A lot of that credit also goes to their President, but no doubt the coach is a true 'club coach' and his impact has filtered threough the grades. If Christies were to remove Crate, then all that momentum would be lost.

Wow! Love this site - well done Keyser Soze, a cheeky post has turned into Christies making hard decisions, soft decisions, sideways decisions, upside down decisions, etc :)

The club has reappointed Paul Crate for another season. Each year under Cratey we have improved on-field (yes we went out in the first week again at A-grade level, but for the first time in 23 years we had all 5 core teams in finals, and the first back-to-back A-grade finals qualification in 20 years), we hope that improvement will continue in 2015.

We are creating a culture where success, not just participation is the goal, Cratey is a key reason for that and as a result the club is keen for him to continue next year. Cratey is also one of our club greats, we have no reason to shaft him. We do not know where we are going to be as a club this time next year, so it is pointless speculating what will happen beyond that, but suggesting that we are going to say "see ya later" based on the outcome of one game is taking things to an extreme.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

With all due respect, the make-up at the time of the SFL is similar to what the Hills FL is now with Sedan-Cambrai & Milang the only genuine country teams left.

The Hills region is as much Adelaide metro as areas like Aldinga and McLaren Flat were at the time I was referring to (remembering also Kangarilla & Meadows were part of the equation). Hills is effectively a Metro league these days, with a few outlying towns.

It is certainly the most comparable recent example and a lot of lessons can be taken from it.

Thanks for the geography lesson - I'm sure the good folk of Macclesfield, Meadows, Kersbrook, Sedan, Milang, Mt Torrens, Mt Pleasant, Birdwood and Gumeracha will be pleased to know they're now in the metropolitan area.

Point remains the same, the smaller clubs will have no option but to consider a merging, or sign up for the C grade comp.

Maccy, Meadows, Mt Torrens & Birdwood are all similar distances from the CBD as Aldinga & Gawler
Kersbrook and Gumeracha are closer
I talked about Sedan & Milang as being genuine country
When was the last time Mount Pleasant was used, isn't Torrens Valley based at Mount Torrens?

Dismiss the points I have made if you really believe SFL was a fully metropolitan league in the late nineties, even one of your "country" teams you mentioned above (Meadows) was playing in that Metropolitan league at that time.

The relevant experience I was trying to get across was:
Up until the mid 90s the SFL Div2 comp was quite competitive. In 1995 Mitchell Park joined Div1 making it 11 teams in Div1 & 8 in Div2 (similar to what is being suggested for next season in hills). 1997 went crazy, Brighton joined Div1 and entered their C & D grade in the Div2 comp (made a 12-9 split). Coming from the Amateurs they had underestimated the strength of Div2 and there were a number of record scores against them. The Div2 was also starting to see a divide with some reasonably strong teams and some very weak teams. A number of very high margins were occurring at that stage.
The decline progressed in 1998 when McLaren Vale and McLaren Flat merged making a 12-8 split. Meadows went the season without a win and left at the end of the season making it a 12-7 split. The second division by this stage was a very unattractive proposition for the lower Div1 clubs with 3 strong teams (Kangarilla, Aldinga, McLaren), 2 half competitive teams (Lonsdale & Mitchell Park) and 2 very weak teams (Cove & Brighton thirds).
In 2000 the Brighton experiment was brought to a halt (after a number of 40 goal losses), being left with only 6 teams and McLaren wanting out, the league pushed two sides down to balance it better making it 10-8, the damage had been done however.
Mitchell Park and McLaren left at the end of the season reducing it to a 6 team competition. This lasted one season until it was determined to be unviable (4 team U/18 comp, 5 team U/16 & U/14 comps). At the end of the 2001 season, the two divisions were combined to form one 16 team competition (based on the AFL at that time). As a result of this the Lonsdale & O'Sullivan Beach teams merged to make it 15 teams.

Of the 6 teams of that final Div2 season, 2 have become strong clubs (Cove & Flagstaff Hill), 1 left (Kangarilla) and the other two have struggled (Aldinga & the combined OSB/Lonsdale team).

The Saturday juniors have been impacted severely as the Div2 comp traditionally failed to match the junior structure of Div1. This season has seen it hit a low with only 10 teams fielded in the U/16 & U/14 competitions and down to only 8 clubs fielding a full set of teams in their own right in all the 5 Saturday grades.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commentary at Bice Oval

mrp2626 wrote:do you need to be AT the game to get the broadcast? or will we be able to tune in from home?!

I think there is a 2km radius at this stage, maybe in future they can look at webcasts
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is no reason for Echunga to go down, there is nothing in the rules that says the relegation points system is limited to minor round games.
The rule was obviously written with little thought and minimal analysis into what potential outcomes could prevail, it certainly never took into account a team that was a candidate for relegation making the finals.

By winning the Premiership, Echunga have done the ultimate to save themselves, they have created the perfect storm for the HFL. If they force Echunga into relegation, broad spread ridicule will result. Also, if the HFL force Echunga to go down (even though no court in the land would agree if Echunga took that path), then the Country Division rightfully becomes Division 1 as the best team in the HFL resides within it, the Central Division effectively becomes irrelevant.

As a result, Echunga will not go down, however the resulting decision on the structure of the league will have long ranging consequences.
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/walkerville-cats-football-players-win-fifth-consecutive-final-now-players-ready-to-brave-sanfl/story-fni9ll1r-1227068018350?sv=44b43ef0b653d916f0c7f7af79048bb4&net_sub_uid=34417883

Why is Walkerville not fielding an U/16 team in 2015? I don't understand the article.

Walkerville wouldn't have fielded an Under 16s team for years (off the top of my head).

They tend to lose a lot of kids to College First 18s and SANFL junior programs. As anyone involved in kids football knows, finding fresh 15/16 year olds is the hardest age group to fill.

It seems a little early to be making the call of no team, buy the looks of things they have the basis of a team but are just sending them away :shock:
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

bennymacca wrote:there is significant value in keeping skills in australia as a nation building project though. you cant fully rely on everything being sourced from overseas, especially for defence assets.

I cannot read the term "Nation Building" anymore without a smile on my face

Thanks Utopia
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could Hally be heading back to Hackham as a playing coach? Seeing they are looking.

My VERY strong mail is that Ty Allen will be the playing coach at Hackham next year...

Signed at Myponga !

Spot on there Shoe Boy: "Myponga - Sellicks football club would like to announce the signing of former SANFL Glenelg captain Ty Allen to the Mudlarks for season 2015. We welcome him and his partner to our fantastic club." - MSFC Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myponga-Sellicks-Football-Club/174719079226352

How strong is VERY strong mail?
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if Echunga would've still kicked up this much of a stink if they got rolled in the prelim>

Sure they seem to have the media and people outside of the HFL on their side - but they knew exactly what needed to be achieved to stay in Div 1 and as a CLUB they failed.

And know to challenge the legality of the interpretation of the points towards club shield - Give it a spell!! They played 2 guns against bridgewater in the b grade to try and gain some club points during the year.....

So your suggestion is that they should have left all their eggs in the single basket of winning two finals? Perhaps they wanted to increase their chances of survival by getting the points to be safe earlier.

It is a long stretch to say, in hindsight, that they dropped some players to meet a made up deadline of the 23rd of August. There were no guarantees they were going to win two finals, let alone the premiership. Finishing 4th on the table, you could have suggested that they should have won the first week (which on its own was not enough), but anything after that was going to need a big effort.

They effectively needed a miracle to occur in order to remain in Central - that miracle did occur.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a chance the HFL will drop the interleague game Legsman especially after the success in drew this year. We will still have the bye for the Country Champs, which the hills have no say in because it is inforced by the community football league. An 11 team comp will bring in two extra byes and will drag the season out to long.
Suck it up Echunga, do exactly what Mt Lofty have done and succeeded across ALL grades this year.

Completely off this regalation talk cause I'm sure we are all sick of reading it. As mentioned Ryan Magahey to coach Onkas, not just coach but still play? I can't see the good out of him playing being mid 30s but he should get the doggies back on the right track coaching wise.
Any early news on who will coach Mt Barker next year?

Mount Lofty have succeeded in all grades this year in a lesser competition, no comparison
Echunga went undefeated in that comp last year and made finals in 2 of the 3 other grades that count
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Probably not the smartest thing in the world to do when complaining on a public forum that you ain't getting paid especially if an ATO official ever stumbles accross it....

Income from a hobby or passtime can be exempt
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:...otherwise go out bush where you can't harm anyone except yourselves ;)

That didn't help Border Downs Tintinara
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

That's what AFL want. So it will happen.
Apparently it will attract more kids and retain them longer. Anyone who disagrees is stuck in the past and uneducated.

Absolutely having a laugh with that statement surly ? when I was playing at 11 I wanted nothing more then to go out every weekend and win. I couldn't imagine it being any different for kids these days.

It's not about you, it's about the kids
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The AFL have moved their Grand Final to the 3rd October this year to cater for a later start due to the Cricket World Cup being hosted in Australia/New Zealand.

Normally our Grand Final is held the week before this, so we now become the last Saturday in September.

The SA Community Football League have mandated that we must have no games programmed on the 4th/5th July so that they can have a piss-up whilst some of our players run around aimlessly in a meaningless lightning carnival.

Easter falls on the weekend of Saturday the 4th April so our round 1 would be the last weekend of March again (Saturday 28th). This is because we currently have a 20 week season so that everyone plays 18 games and has two byes.

Hopefully round 1 will be a split round again as the 28th of March is when the SACA (Christies Beach), Adelaide Turf (Brighton, Marion, Reynella), Great Southern (Aldinga, Noarlunga) hold their cricket Grand Finals so those grounds are potentially unavailable. Adelaide & Suburban (Cove, Morphettville Park, Edwardstown, Lonsdale, Hackham, Morphett Vale, Port Noarlunga) & Hills (Flagstaff Hill, Happy Valley) have their GFs on the weekend of 21 March so those grounds should be available.

Most leagues around the state play their seasons over 18 weeks, we cannot achieve this unless we change to an even amount of teams (getting rid of the byes) or drop down to a 16 week season per side.

Had the AFL GF been programmed for the last Saturday in September, we would have had to either play through the June Long-weekend (getting rid of the association game), Easter, or started in the middle of March when most grounds could be unavailable.

The logical solution would be to drop to 16 games each to give an extra couple of weeks that can allow all clubs to start after Easter and allow proper hand-overs of our ovals. We would still get an even number of home and away games and we would also reduce running expenses by 11%. I am not sure any of us want to playing games over Easter and starting earlier is almost impossible.

When we eventually attract another team, or get rid of a team, we can go back to an 18 game season.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LGIL knew you would bite. I actually run a very successful well known business that has been established 15 years. There is a saying a fool and his money are soon parted. Your club are obviously foolish as is the predicament they have themselves in. If you have to pay or are willing to pay these clowns the money your club does pity you. What do you get out of it ..... a h.......... on ??? Simple minds.

I never said I agree with some of the money being thrown around, what I disagree with more however is self appointed gods in the city where there is an abundance of players, dictating to clubs in small country towns about how much they can entice players with. For some of these towns the football club is the only real social and entertainment activity that is available. The people living there do not have masses of restaurants, nightclubs, AFL games etc to spend their money, rather they invest their money in the local team instead of just relying on the locals. How dare we suggest that they should give up their club as some are suggesting.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Have heard rumours of HV needing to tighten their belt financially, any basis for this?

Maybe they didn't sell enough raffle tickets
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No doubt NPG is going to MV to play under BC. If HV had been able to secure BC for 2015 then NPG would likely be wearing the big V next year.
Thanks for the expected rocket Snappa. Not going to quote a $ amount but it would be a significant - I know the amount he was asking for to return to HV
I would estimate he would be earning more than most MV players and for a club whose hierarchy has preached over the years that they "dont pay players" I think you just made an exception.

I wasn't talking about BC front and centre , he was always going round again at MV, think you will find another HV coach who unbelievably is for 2015 "now no longer required at the football club" was the person I was alluding too that got NPG to HVFC.

Regarding PETO, it's not onlyl about the money for him - SUCCESS has always driven the bloke! Good luck to him if he is actually back in the SFL - CAN PLAY!

:shock: Losing Macca / johhnny would be massive! and may be the start of a little slide down the ladder for the Taylor's road boys, picking up Marion blokes and paying them $$ tends to lean that way. :o

Ohh well time will tell.

Justin Calderbank?
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

grasshopper22 wrote:If Echunga get relegated and another team wins the flag next yr, you can't say you've beaten the best team can you?. Makes a mockery of things doesn't it?

Country division winner would be the best team
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

From the CFL Rules & Regs regarding APPS

(b) A player who has played a majority of matches for the Reserves (B Grade) Team but has also played any match in the Senior (A Grade) Team of a Club or Clubs in any Other League in the previous two playing seasons and is transferring from one Affiliated League to another Affiliated League – an additional one (1) point.
(c) A player who has played a majority of matches for the Reserves (B Grade) Team but has also played any match in the Senior (A Grade) Team of a Club or Clubs in any Other League in the previous two playing seasons and is transferring from one Club to another Club within the same Affiliated League – will have a Player Points Rating of zero (0).

Otherwise known as the "Protect the Amateur League from those nasty country teams rule"
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Point taken - but I am providing a personal opinion and comment.
If my comments on this forum have any determining influence on the way the clubs vote - or the way the HFL treats or views Echunga then there is a major problem with each parties capacity to make unbiased decision.
What you are effectively saying is they are small minded.
I want to see the HFL prosper not be held back.
That doesn't help.

Surprised your President hasn't gagged you Legs Man. I would've done it months ago and if you didn't shut up I would've kindly asked you to leave.

Legs Man has purely shown his passion for his club, a club currently backed into a corner and fighting for its life.

Football is an emotional game, take that out of it and we might as well just play social basketball.

Whilst many within the league seem to be happy to sink the boot in, Legs Man has made the rest of us from outside the league sit up and take notice of what is happening here. I am expecting to see some significant media coverage over the coming days as it looks to be a bizarre situation, I would suggest a lot of that is due to this poster's fight that has been shown on this forum. The ridicule coming from those outside the league may well force the HFL to act well before it even gets to a legal route.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think I have worked it out!

Country Division is the new Div 1 - the only team that survives is Echunga.
Nairne Bremer, Kersbrook, Macclesfield, Gumeracha, Meadows. Kangarilla, Birdwood & Sedan Cambrai all get promoted to the new 9 team Div 1

The real losers now are Mount Lofty who end up in the lesser division after winning the Premiership and securing promotion

LGIL, as an outsider how do you think this should be solved? Do you think they should change the by law or just use common sense and put down tv?

As there is not enough of a clear definition in the by-law, you would be hard pressed to relegate anyone this season. I would suggest they run one season with 11 teams. Define the By-Law properly and automatically relegate the bottom side at the end of the 2015 season however it is defined to get it back to 10 teams. If there is a team that qualifies to come up for 2016, then there would need to be 2 relegated to get it back to 10 teams.

For a while myself, and I am sure many others, have held the Hills Central division up as the pinnacle of SA Country football. It is an excellent competition. I cannot comprehend how you would throw all that away through pig-headed stupidity - if you go ahead and relegate Echunga, the damage will likely be long-term, the way this has been handled as it is, is nothing short of incompetent.

This could have been an absolute promotional windfall for the Hills league, a classic rags-to-riches story of a small town team that has taken on some of the best country teams in the state and won the premiership in their first season. Instead they have managed to turn it into an ugly story, a heap of bad press in what should be a real positive for the competition. From outside it appears that the established clubs see Echunga as queue jumpers, have not done their apprenticeship and taken something they were not entitled to. It looks merely as sour grapes on the part of clubs that have had it good for so long.

This is an exceptional circumstance that requires an exceptional solution for the sake of the competition. If Echunga are forced down, I can see it as the start of the demise of the HFL.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Who cares!!

Glenelg, his school, Plympton and Mitchell Park can ALL be proud that a player that went through their system made it to the AFL.

Anyone trying to claim more credit or kudos than any other is childish and petty. A young mans player development isn't exclusive to one entity FFS.

Well it's not childish when there is a $2,000 cheque to be fought over.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Looking at this current government, they have pretty much set themselves up to fail.

They spent the entire previous parliament in opposition belittling the independents and minor parties for compromising in order to pass bills, as if it is a weakness to be pragmatic and realistic. At the same time they were highly critical of the ALP government for reaching agreement with the Greens in order to form government, part of this required adjusting policies to reach that agreement. Then the constant attack on Gillard about lies and such went to an extreme, the promises made (especially carbon tax etc) were made with the assumption of an ALP government being formed, but the ALP did not win the election and were forced to curry favour with the Greens and other indies/minors in order to form government - things changed.

Now they win government in their own right, but require support from independents and minors in the Senate in order to do business. Problem is they have created a parliamentary culture where compromise and negotiation is considered weak and now everyone is holding out in a dick measuring contest. Along with that, every single variance to what was promised prior to forming government is going to be called out as a "Lie" as a result of the attacks on Gillard.

A number of the policies actually have some merit, the most recent Higher Education reforms is an example, however the Senate is there to be a house of review and it needs to do its job. They need to foster a culture of collaboration rather than "we are the government and we know best" attitude, we will likely get better, more balanced legislation as a result.

They need to use Leyonhjelm, Madigan, Xenophon, Whish-Wilson & Day to the overall benefit of the country, there are actually some quite astute operators in there.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Every party in power breaks promises. Sometimes circumstances change making keeping that promise a bad idea. Sometimes the party had no intention of ever keeping that promise. If it's the party you support, you play it down or try to justify it. If it's the other party, you jump up and down about it.

I see a lot of that on this forum :)
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

goodbye to the spoilt little twats as a Mawson Lakes resident im glad they gone :)

What sort of stupid comment is that.... not that they're folding but I doubt they did any harm to residents.

You're probably more of a menace than they are ;) (and the golfers)

and those damn loud ducks! :lol:

the ducks are mawson lakes im mawson lakes the golfers are mawson lakes st pauls are not mawson lakes with them gone its now mawson lakes :)
What is this, I don't even
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Certainly helps when your using funds that aren't yours, oh I forgot echunga dont spend money and everyone plays for the facilities. Anyway hats of to echunga for showing rules are irrelevant, cant wait for next year though going to be some serious battles with uraidla and in all seriousness the A grade will be better off with echunga in the competition as they are quality. Shall be one hell of a comp next year amd can't wait for it.

Echunga would likely also seek costs, those donated funds will make a good recruiting war chest, contributed to by all of the other member clubs.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Every year someone gets on here and says Onkas will be a dark horse and they usually finish in the bottom 3. Onkas always seem to be able to match it with the top teams but hardly ever get the win. Then they will turn around and lose to the worse side in the comp. If they make the top 5 in 2015 i think that would definitely be a pass mark for MaGahey in his first season as a senior coach

I thought you didn't judge clubs by their A-Grade in the Hills. Onkas win plenty of games in the B-Grade and Juniors so that's all good.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sad day for country footy when rules implemented in good faith by an amateur organisation are able to be challenged by those who can afford to go to court. Sets an interesting precedent for the future.

I see it as a wake-up call to all leagues. Time to put some effort into actually thinking about the rules you are implementing, not just slapping rubbish together.
This is a classic example of poorly thought out rule making.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!

Just to be clear, they haven't been 'voted out', they have been put into Division 3. They remain a member club of the HFL.

"Division 3" is nothing more than a kick and catch C-Grade, same effect as being kicked out.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone know when the draw comes out?

Understand the turmoil that has and is occurring (Sedan Cambrai) - but it's getting pretty late.

What is the hold up ?

Wasn't this and apps points allocation settled at the recent HFL meeting - and if not - why?
Draw is already out. Check with your president.
The hold up was because of your clubs court appeal, then Bridgewater wanting an 11 team comp had to be voted on.
APPS were done in December. Again check with your president.

Surely it would be beneficial to promote the draw to the public?
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

booga should be in the C grade! thom and grover to lead the rucks in B grade.. :)

Sounds about right to me!

While you're on the topic of A grade selection, is Johnny O'leary a chance of playing 1's this year?

Hasnt been out to training to often old "Aussie John". Maybe now that hes an official citizen he sees no need to assimilate into australian society!

Too busy on the Irish Cricket Team bandwagon at the moment
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vikings 2015 looks like it will be very different to Vikings 2014 - few big losses however one who had left has already returned and some new recruits look pretty good. Couple of these former HV juniors so good to see them come home. Coach is also gaining alot of respect for his professionalism
One former player has been poached over to the bushpigs but reckon it wont be hard to put him off his game . Cant wait for round 1

Sounds intriguing
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like a 7 team comp for D7.

With my math that means three clubs will have three byes and four clubs will have two byes. Which also means playing some teams three times and other only twice.

Pardon my lack of maths but if you play the other teams 3 times isn't that 18 rounds. :roll:

There's seven teams. Who does the seventh team play each week?

Sorry Q, but isn't your team the 7th and you play the other 6 teams 3 times, ie, you play Angle Vale, Mitchell Pk, Adelaide Uni, SPOC, Flinders Uni and Salisbury West 3 times and that's 18. Not rocket science. :D

Also three Byes however, so that makes 21 weeks

Might need to start the week before Easter
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why will no team come up from div 7 or down from div 5?

Kilburn to div 3, Salisbury to div 5, luthiers or woody south to div 6

Anyone?

Ha! I love how you want shove Kilburn back up but god forbid anyone mentions you lot going back from whence you came! :roll:

With all your ins, why aren't you sticking your hands up? Hmmmmmm?
http://shoutitoutdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/big-fish-little-pond.jpg
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just need to state that I am on the 9 team side of the coin, I think its no issue. However some people kick up stinks about losing 1 home game beause it could 'cripple' clubs if the bye falls at an inopportune time..

Marbles, I get what you are saying mate but its just far too complicated, 9 team comp is just simple, reverse draw

the round 15-18 games are decided now, based on rank now. the fixture is decided preseason

all clubs get their 9 games & and no one gets a Bye

the solution is fine. but now everyone wants to be a stooge and change their mind saying nah wait, we like the byes and one less home game is fine haha

the only set back you'd have is trying to make the sporting pulse online system facilitate the crossing over over divisions in rounds 15-18

How is not wanting to play the teams that aren't rightly in my division being a stooge? :shock:

The whole "rightfully in my division" concept has been a bit lost in the last 12 months.

The fact that clubs fight to remain down in "their" division is just pathetic.

Shuffle the club up the grades. No lower division should be filled until the one above it has 10 teams. If a club leaves or withdraws, then the rest get adjusted to fill the gap - it's not that hard!

Problem is there are clubs fighting against going up because they may have to work hard instead of smashing a bunch of weaker teams in division 14 or whatever it is.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boosh wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:What happened with regards to the B grade coach ?

Lifting elbows in a trial game and just general muppet behaviour.

Old man syndrome?
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If we can put a man on the moon I am sure the great minds of humanity would be able to solve this problem.

Did we put a man on the moon though? Why have we not been back since? Why are we not mining minerals up there?

We did go back 4 months later in Apollo 12, 2 times in 1971 in Apollos 14 and 15 and 2 more times in 1972 in Apollo 16 and 17.

Yes, 43 years ago, look at the technological advancements in that time, yet no more missions to the moon?
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wazzal77 wrote:Echunga have everything to lose this season.

They have a Division 1 HFL premiership, something that 12 other HFL clubs have never achieved - that can never be taken away from them.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

It's become a sad state of affairs when organising C-Grade teams takes priority over an entire club in Wingfield Royals
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

[quote="Look Good In Leather"]It's become a sad state of affairs when organising C-Grade teams takes priority over an entire club in Wingfield Royals

It didn't.

They were given more than enough time to meet requirements. Why on earth couldn't they have played in D7 with one team?
Because some clubs said no, a lesser number said yes and the rest abstained from voting...
Yeah I get that delegates voted no ...

But Whyyyyyyyyyyy![/quote]
Pigheadedness?
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:This is becoming a bad habit.

Can we talk about Jackie Big Tits instead?
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Just looking to go out and watch the Broadview v Reynella trial this Saturday at Broadview and was wondering what the set up there is like?
Can you park your car around the oval to watch or do you need to park, walk there and take a chair and esky in with you?

I know this is getting a bit old fashioned, but you could choose to support the home club's bar

...but they will only use it to buy players from poor country clubs
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shoe boy wrote:What time did your club secretary's finish last night?

Past midnight and still unable to enter teams.

The whole self registration process has been an unmitigated disaster. Concept is fine but make sure the infrastructure is capable of the additional traffic.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great Night under lights @ Porties with Shoeys getting up by 24 pts in a well contested game , not sure the exact crowd numbers but was well supported , heard South Adelaide were not happy about the scheduling of the game in opposition to the South v Port game @ Hickinbotham
Well they regularly schedule games in competition to our games on Saturday afternoons so who cares
by Look Good In Leather
Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |