Search found 36 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Wow, that is an enormous margin.. i was thinking Houghton may be able to keep the score line reasonable against Smithfield. . Did Houghton have a few out or just not mentally switched on for the game? Certainly makes our 22 goal loss seem a little less horrendous.

For Modbury its a week to week thing as to how our side will shape up, lost 5 or 6 to the B's in the last couple of weeks which tested our depth. something like 12 changes from the side to beat North Pines to the side that got walloped by Smithfield. Looking forward to playing Shocs this week.
by Sass!
Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's a fine rant, but we did not put in a complaint to the league.

I queried John earlier in the year about the Kilburn bye and was told all clubs in D3 would be reminded not to exploit it, so you probably aren't alone in getting a reminder.

I can confirm someone took the time to contact the league.. bless them.

beign told you cant play a few fringe players when a team has a bye and the first week off in finals is truely amazing.. but what is even more amazing is allowing them to play C4's instead..
Its kind of like seeing your 10 year old kid having an even fight with another 10 year old kid and saying "hey dont beat up that other kid, beat up this armless 5 year old instead, its more even that way"

Clap clap saafl, clap clap
by Sass!
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good game against North Pines over the weekend.. our poor kicking in the second quarter hurt and North Pines capitalised on that.. pegged it back to 3 points in the third and that was as close as it got.. Good clean game without any real incidents.

Personally from playing against Uni's, Houghton and North Pines fairly recently id say North Pines had the most firepower and were by far the cleanest (skills wise) side we have played.. acknoweldgeing that houghton probably had an off day against us and werent at their absolute best but still I wouldnt be shocked to see North Pines make the GF..

Couple of cracking games coming up id say..
by Sass!
Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

If he has gotten 6 it is an absolute disgrace.. the incident happened about 15 meters away from me and looked like a dumbed down version of what Jordan Lewis got 3 games for in the AFL... big difference was that our player was coming from behind to spoil and Lewis came from the side.. Interesting to note that when this occurred, not one Scotch player remonstrated as it looked accidental. the field umpire even said "I know it wasn't intentional but it was high"..
by Sass!
Thu May 14, 2015 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Ive actually heard a lot of first hand accounts of what went down at SPOSFC.. I think for it to be said that the Coach was sacked due to something that happened at a sponsors hotel is a complete farce.. ive heard from players that he was at the hotel when the incident occurred but a player caused most the issues, the coach actually had to smooth things over.. was also told by a player that he wouldn't last the season as he hadn't been picking the right people.. which I find hard to believe when a side sits 9-3 or whatever they were..

As someone that played under that coach for a couple of years, I wont argue that he didn't always make the choice that everyone wanted in relation to selection, but he took us to a flag in 2012 and made finals in Div 7 last year with an average of 9 changes a week.. Coaches aren't in a role to make friends, and they certainly aren't their to be a figure head while the committee and players dictate which of their mates plays where, whether they can play the game or not.. will be hard to attract a decent coach to the club knowing that if you don't play X player, even though he is coming back from injury or has been terrible the past 6 weeks, that you will get the sack for some made up reason..

a lot of MFC lower grade players followed Kelso to SPOSFC, some with school connections, some to play a lower grade of A grade standard.. be interesting to see what they do now.. either way, I think the excuse given by that club is a major cop out.. my mail is that if you want to be a coach of that club you will need to pick a certain group of lads whether its warranted or not. reeks of nepotism and is no way to build a positive football culture. Next years coaching applicants should have pre drilled holes for where the strings can be attached, if the committee are going to be involved in selection it is going to be a nightmare job better suited to a puppet than someone who wants to win games and get success.
by Sass!
Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Leatherpoison wrote:Heard on the grape vine Russell Hutton is out to hope valley from modbury...

Considering I had to look the bloke up on Sporting Pulse to find out who he was, im fairly confident we can cover a lad that played a handful of games in our C's then disappeared
by Sass!
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

Once I finally got my head around the fact our D Grade will start a week earlier than our C grade and a vast majority of our games will be played together I was pretty impressed by the comps. As mentioned it would of been a nightmare to sort these competitions out but they seem to have done pretty well. . Being in a comp with local rivals such as TTG, Hope Valley and Golden Grove is always a benefit and can also be an incentive to entice some older players out.
by Sass!
Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Was really impressed with Portland's travelling support on Saturday, more specifically the fact that I saw a majority of their B grade hang around and support the A's. Its never easy to hang around after being on the end of a 20 + goal loss. A few years back our reserves went through a similar patch of being on the end of some hidings so I certainly know how it feels. shows the dedication those lads have to their club.
by Sass!
Mon May 16, 2016 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Word is the red cards were yellow cards infringements at best and a case of umpires being incredibly over officious

Lets hope common sense prevails then.
I believe it did....3 peat is back on :D

Huzzah! :D

Good result for Gullies, Good result for Modbury, good result for football.. from what i saw none of the events were worth players missing games for.
by Sass!
Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing that Modbury may have some questions to answer regarding verbalising a female goal umpire by a group of their supporters.
Bet that drained the colour out of Jamie's face when he heard about that!!!!

I thnk this might've been some time ago and was dealt with - unless there's been another occurance, which I'd find surprising as Jamie would be right on that stuff.

Know the incident you are referring too, happened Saturday during the B's.. i saw it happen and can confirm that the comments werent directed at the goal umpire but the field umpire. Either way they were completely out of line and within about 2 minutes a match day official and our Sporting Club President had may there way over the person and addressed the matter with them.

No idea what the outcome will be but i can atleast confirm that our club acted very quickly to address the incident.. but can also confirm the abuse wasnt directed at the female goal umpire.
by Sass!
Tue May 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty shattering to say the least, the loss of the Modbury vs TTG match is a major blow for our club.. the behaviour and comments of the spectator were out of line, but the club has dealt with them immediately and they wont be seen around again.

its all fair to sit there and say that there has been 4 incidents in 14 months, but a couple of those were completely out of our control.. especially the person that entered the field during the melee as they had zero association or involvement with our club apart from knowing a player on that particular day.

Feel for our club president wo has worked tirelessly to try and avoid this sanction. All we can do is cop it and move on.
by Sass!
Tue May 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Massive effort by MFC Saturday to beat the top side, amazing how muh a side can turn their form around when you get a few key players back and some self belief... they got close to Uni the week before at home so i always thought they were a sneaky chance against ROC's. That result should go a long way to seeing us stay up in Div 1.

I was following the score of TTG and SPOC game closely saturday afternoon and for the firs time in my life i actually muttered the words "go the Gullies".. i still feel dirty.
by Sass!
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Modbury would be hoping to get a few back in the next couple of weeks, otherwise playing ROCS at Thebarton in a fortnight could get very ugly.

When it rains it bloody pours though, lost a bloke to a stretcher/ambulance on Saturday for one of the more innocuous tackles you'll ever see.

thats an understatement mate.. add that incident to a few knees already (pre-season and first few rounds) combined with a few lads having a year off for overseas holidays and things get even harder.

The boys are remaining upbeat off the field and learning alot from John Paynter, but realise things may get harder before they get easier. Unfortunately, we have had a habit over the years of reaching Div 1, only to slide back down. Our main focus this year will be to sneak a few wins and get some games into the younger brigade which will hopefully carry us back to some successful seasons in the years to come.
by Sass!
Mon May 21, 2018 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flat 28min Quarters - A Grade

Probably agree with Jo on this one, id hate to see an A grade game decided through time wasting tactics (people not giving the ball back behind the goals, faked injuries, cramping etc). Only having time on in finals could be a solution, but some minor rounds can be make or break with relegation and finals spots up for grabs.

If there is anything ive learnt from the rule changes we regularly see in the AFL, its that if there is a way to exploit a rule to give a team an advantage, the coaches will explore this as much as possible if its the difference between winning and losing.
by Sass!
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

He chased one of our blokes down from behind in round 18 last year and caught him holding the ball.
Jesus, how slow is your bloke?! :shock: :lol:

I wouldn't call him the fastest cat on the field but i think the mental scarring is something that has encouraged him to work on his first 5 steps over the pre-season
:lol:
by Sass!
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

I get it's no one's fault but is anyone else a tiny bit aggrieved that the Police Commissioner wouldn't extent an exception to people standing up with alcohol at an outdoor sporting event during the event?

I remain concerned it's placing all sport other than that at Adelaide Oval at a high compliance burden.

Tend to agree. Whilst I know there is no use complaining, I would have thought a curfew where this rule came into effect at a certain time (e.g. after 6pm) may also have had the desired impact for the Government. In all the breaches that have been in the media, they seemed to be occurring at night/ early morning and in enclosed spaces such as clubs etc when everyone has had a skinful.

But it is what it is, we cant really knock our government for how they have managed things so far in comparison to some of our neighbours!
by Sass!
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

I’d prob ballsack the footy director at a Mitchell Park if he’s paying b Graders to play for his club. With all the players he’s lost you would think he would try and recruit A Grade footballers not b grade but hey if ya wanna be a mediocre club recruit mediocre players
Didn't Flinders Uni recruit a bunch of B/C graders from Mitcham last year? Looks like they had a reasonably successful season.

Going back a few years now but when Modbury's C Grade were part of the Div 7 Comp (up against some pretty hand sides like Smithfield, Houghton, North Pines etc.) we managed to play finals and did so on the back of "C Grade" Footballers when our club was Div 3 at the time. Not sure how much the quality of the Div 7 comp has changed since then but if you added some solid Reserves Footballers into our side back then, they would have been noticeably handy inclusions. I think its pretty naïve to assume that you need to target A Graders from country and metro leagues in order for them to be worth spending any dollars on at Div 7 level.

You've obviously never watched Money Ball.
by Sass!
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

So Portland slaughtered again. Played 17 in the reserves and 20 in their A’s. Big big trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stating the obvious really.
Hopefully they keep hanging on and fight their way out.

We had some of the Portland Committee in our club rooms at half time for a chat on Saturday and they are very much determined to keep fighting. Really good people who are doing all they can to survive and also keen to hear what others have done to bounce back from the harder years. They seem to be taking some really good steps in the right direction off field and this was evident by their travelling support.

Despite the enormous margins, a lot of their ressies players still hung around and watched their A Grade and supported our canteen and BBQ.

I believe they had a handful of their more experienced senior players missing through injury on Saturday and have played a lot of last years finalists (or potential finalists) so far. I'd expect them to be much more competitive when they get a few back and come up against some of the teams that finished lower on the ladder last season.
by Sass!
Mon May 03, 2021 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C Grade 2019

We're big fans of the 10:15am timeslot for C Grade games and our D Grade players have also loved this timeslot for a majority of their games this Season as its allowed them to get back and watch the A Grade if they want to.

We've actually found it more difficult to fill our sides when they play away from the A/B Grade traditional curtain raiser timeslot or are required to play at 2pm or 12pm.

We've had instances this Season where guys have missed out on a D Grade game as we've had 25 in each squad. That hasnt happened in a long time at Modbury (since our E Grade days) and i think a big part of that is the attraction to the 10:15am timeslot for our older lads who want are transitioning into retirement to get their worklife balance back (family time). They can still play the game they love but have the whole afternoon free to do as they please.

Our C Grade is also made up of at least 10-15 guys each week pushing for B Grade who would be deterred by a shorter quarters or a shorter season as it would mean they get less games in for the fee's they are being asked to pay.
by Sass!
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did I read games can go ahead but no spectators this week?

Can't say that seems an overly realistic plan.

The wording i heard in the press conference was along the lines of spectators being discouraged and only those playing or providing support (coaches, trainers, umpires etc) should attend.

Sounds alot like the return to footy we had in 2020, almost impossible to stop people attending to watch the game with most grounds not having fencing.

Clubs will also feel the drop in income on bar revenue, canteen and bbq if supporters cant attend.
by Sass!
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

You'd be surprised mate, check a game out on dartfish.

Blackfriars are a div 3 team and they have at least a dozen players that can kick 40+ metres on the run and hit a target.

I'll get right onto it 8-[

Leah Noto, who won the medal for best on ground in the Modbury vs Goodwood Grandfinal Saturday, slotted one from between 35-40 out on the boundary with ease. Pretty successful weekend for Leah winning the Div 7 Grandfinal Saturday along with best on ground, then backing it up and slotting a penalty to win her soccer grandfinal on the Sunday.

People with that amount of talent really grind my gears! :D
by Sass!
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

It's not just West Croydon.. look at the roundabout of ups and downs over the last 20yrs - clubs that either cant see past their nose, don't future plan or mismanage the club - they have good highs and then crash down in dramatic lows.

How many times in the last 15yrs have we seen clubs promoted, win flags, or have solid seasons and 12 months later are required to either drop a division (or 2), or not field a side.

How many times has one of those clubs been a club you'd consider 'well run' with good governance and processes in place?

Every year, same shit, different club.

Maybe these "local people trying to keep community alive and enjoy a football club and become part of something" have their objectives distorted, their process wrong and need to realise that instant success isn't the recipe for a sustainable future.
Is this the problem with compulsory promotion/relegation?

There are probably some clubs that demographically can't go up too many divisions (I'm thinking the likes of Houghton), they could win div 7, be competitive in div 6 but I would think if they ever went up to div 5 they'd be straight back down to 6 the next year so the year in div 5 is almost a waste of time & money.

I wouldn't have a clue though as I've never been involved in the AdFL, so just an outsider looking in

Its probably easy to look at it that way, but i think over the past 10 or so years we've seen a number of clubs completely turn their fortunes around and go from being a regular lower division side to a real powerhouse with a sustainable business model and junior program. Glenunga being one that spring to mind immediately but the likes of Lockleys and others are in that mix also.

It really can be amazing to see what can happen when you get the right committee, enough volunteers to spread the load, the right sponsors and a handy group of players to form your core group that set the culture.

In saying that, fortunes can turn quickly and it can be a hard fall if you dont get it right as we have seen with many. But i do feel there are more getting it right year in and year out than there are getting it wrong.
by Sass!
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PNU Port Districts trial scheduled for Saturday COVID'D.

Week out from the season and cases rising seems that we're going to be in for some difficult times ahead.

The question here is how many are out because they have Covid and how many are out because they are close contacts?
The close contacts rule needs to be halved asap. 14 days for a close contact if you cant isolate and only 7 days for Covid infected. :roll:

It’s 7 days for both isn’t it?? Pretty sure

No.

What does a close contact need to do? If you live with someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 and you cannot appropriately quarantine away from them, you must quarantine for 14 days from the date their test was taken. You do not need to have a COVID-19 PCR test unless you develop any symptoms.

Put destiny in your own hands. When my daughter brought Covid home from daycare, i was drinking out of her drink bottle and being around her as much as i could over the next day to make sure there was no risk of infection happening on day 5 or worse day 13! Get it ASAP or register a RAT for the same day and you are good to go!
by Sass!
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Round 1 down and all pretty much as expected. Maybe smosh knocking of morphies a little surprising and maybe the margin between flinders and Westminster a bit closer than expected. Other than that all went to script I'd say.

Westminster at home always tend to be a lot more challenging than Westminster away from what i have experienced the last couple of years. We always seem to find the oval quite challenging, and its dimensions couldnt be further away from what Flinders Park are used to. Not sure if that played a factor at all.
by Sass!
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PLAY HQ

Anyone that has been part of a system change in their job will appreciate that until you implement, alot of the issues dont surface. I am tipping headaches for first couple of rounds but we will all be in a better place beyond that.

I had a crack at live scoring yesterday and one thing i can confirm is that i have the attention span of a toddler and am not cut out to watch every second of the game. That and wanting to talk to everyone i bumped into made it quite the challenge for me, looking forward to palming that responsibility off quick smart.
by Sass!
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep. So incredibly dissappointing. I actually witnessed one of the comments on the day and approached the individual that made it and outlined my disgust and pulled them up on it. Unfortunately it seems other comments had been made prior to the one i heard so i wasnt aware of the full extent of what was said at the time. The individual that made the comments isnt a member of our club but is known to some of the players so we have been working to address it over the past couple of days. We have also been in regular communication with Golden Grove over the last couple of days to keep them informed.

Most importantly, we've been in touch with the individual from Golden Grove that the comments were directed at to offer our support and apologise that he was subjected to aswell as supporting him in calling i out.. He has been receptive of us reaching out and appreciative for the steps we've taken which says alot about him as a bloke. Absolutely no place for that behaviour in football or life in general. We've also made a statement on our public social media pages for anyone interested in reading it.

It actually made me feel sick to hear the footage and what was said. Baffling to think that people thought that was ok or even worse, funny.
by Sass!
Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he’s a well known supporter you tell him he’s not allowed to attend your games anymore, you probably get in first before the league comes down on your club?!

Appreciate everyone will have a view on this and what needs to be done or should have already occured but with today being a public holiday, some appreciation needs to be given to the fact that some conversations will take time. First and foremost we've focussed on reaching out to GG and the player impacted, that was priority one. The players welfare is priority one.

Other actions will occur in due course, there is absolutely no denying that. Happy for people to contact me directly if they want to discuss but please dont assume more actions hasnt or wont occur just because i havent specifically outlined it on a public forum.
by Sass!
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After 9 weeks of Div 3 footy you'd say GG will nearly go the whole year undefeated and clearly are the team to beat. Its a strange div this one - i can only see a few teams who might potentially challenge GG - Modbury, Flinders park & Edwardstown. Looks like the rest of the div are making up the numbers. Bit of a logjam for relegation battle - i would still think CBC & Scotch go down but Morphy park are a huge danger of going straight back down. They seem to be the biggest disappointment after all there signings pre-season & westminster have been another club who have had a strange year, been real competitive in most games but could potentially be battling for relegation.

A pretty spot on assessment i think. The relegation battle going to be very interesting, Scotch seem to have decent depth compared to some of the others battling it out which may be a point of difference in the heart of winter. I dont think Westminster go down, despite lacking depth they still have some decent top tier talent and also a unique home ground that is hard to play on as a visitor.

If Seaton can keep relatively healthy, i think they battle it out with Smosh for 5th. Flinders, Edwardstown and Modbury battle for 2nd to 4th.
by Sass!
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

We tend to not draw on our players for the canteen and bbq on match day as we are lucky enough to have a good group of committee members/ past players/ life members or general volunteers that run this for us.

On the flip side, our 5 senior sides are rostered on 3 times a year to do Saturday night meals out of our downstairs kitchen (usually 4-5 players from each side along with a committee member to keep an eye on things). Our saturday night presentations average around 60-80 meals so its a big ask of the playing group and they are oftne in the kitchen from 5:30pm to 9pm by the time they finish the clean up. We've been doing this for a decade now and players actually seem to enjoy it which is crazy considering their demographic with most being in their 20's and wanting to be out on a saturday night.

They see it as their opportunity to give back to the club after seeing all the work from volunteers all day, its also a great bonding experience and usually a good laugh for those in there. It still blows me away that we fill the duties each week and it continues to be a great way for us to bring in some revenue.

DISCLAIMER: after years of doing multiple saturday night shifts, ive stepped back and havent done one this year!
by Sass!
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CBC B Grade rocking up to GGFC today with only 16 players despite their C Grade having a bye is baffling.

Always been a strange club like that CBC

CBC forfeited in C Grade on Saturday. Are they going to be able to field a team for Saturday as the first week of finals for C6?

Jeepers how on earth did CBC C grade make finals - must have been a horrific C grade comp this year

They are in C5 or somethign arent they? they arent in C3 thats for sure! Adelaide Uni took their spot in C3.
by Sass!
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Houghton.. what an operation they're running up there. If last night at Ingle Farm is the norm for them, sign me up!

Great numbers on the track, plenty of support, filled the clubrooms after, last of the lot didn't leave until well after bed time - and incredibly respectful and courteous.

Had almost all the players stick around for teams to get read out which I rated. Also rated former Ingle Farm premiership player Dan Bryant rocking the full Ingle Farm kit for training. :lol:

On the bandwagon.

In other news, I'm in the bad books for rolling home just before midnight with a guts full.. and today is proving to be a veeeery slow day. :lol:

Absolutely love reading this comment, thats great to hear. I have really felt for the hard working volunteers and members of Houghton over the past week, as a club that is no stranger to having the odd muddy deck, we know what its like when the social media pile on occurs and people all throw in their two cents worth about something you really cant control. The right call has obviously been made to move the game based on the surface condition, but it wouldnt make it hurt any less for the lost dollars and opportunty of hosting a home final.

Drainage isnt cheap, and hopefully its something Houghton can work towards in the future but it sounds like they've got the most important thing right at the club, that being their culture.
by Sass!
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

A huge thankyou to the Ingle Farm footy club for allowing us to train on their oval last night so ours could get an extra night of rest, and for hosting us in the club rooms afterwards. The meals were brilliant and the staff were great.

Greatly appreciated.
Can we have our juniors back now? :D

Give us the details of your chef and we can commence negotiations.. I'm willing to let a lot go for greater access to the Bulldog burger :lol:
by Sass!
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Edwardstown looked very good on the weekend

Edwardstown have some players with genuine speed that could really test Golden Grove on the big deck.
Would not read too much into the previous encounters as Edwardstown seem to have hit their straps at the right time.
You’d think the size of the ground may force some changes to their lineups.
Also. Congratulations to Jake Pitman and Tim Davey on tying for the association medal.
Davey has now won 5 A grade association medals :shock:

Incredible achievement from Tim Davey, his first was in 2012 so there has been a decade gap since his first and most recent. Not bad for a bloke that has also snuck in a handful of games for the Redbacks during that time also.

To say our club has been blessed to have him in our side for over so long is a massive understatement. An incredible player and even better human being to go with it.

I dont know of many that have won 5 A grade medals in their career. Maybe FC can answer that one?
by Sass!
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Its always a buzz to play a local rival in your senior years.. The last time i played at Hope Valley was in under 17.5's back in 2004! just a small 19 year gap between drinks, i can confirm the oval has not got any bigger! :D

It was a perfect day for footy and seeing so many people in attendance really makes you love the healthy rivalry of the North Eastern clubs.
by Sass!
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Player records

In all seriousness though do agree this generation will have the opportunity to player older in life than previous generations, which imo will be the case for all levels of sport.

-Gym culture in today's society.
-Greater education, the days of making blokes spend summer doing road runs and gaining shin splints for pre-season is long gone.
-Better understanding of the need to rest and not play through injuries
-Rules that protect players better
-Coaches who use the bench for rotations etc.

Definitely agree with this. I think having the C grade play at the same ground as A and B grade with benches of up to 7 players is also a major contributing factor.

When I first started playing seniors (back in 2004), many of our A and B grade pulled the pin altogether when they retired as C grade was often a standalone game at a different ground with limited support staff available and a real disconnect from the higher grades. Thats been completely turned out on its head now and we are seeing guys play on for much longer.

I also think the 10:15am timeslot helps for those blokes who dont want to lose their whole saturday or have family commitments later in the day.
by Sass!
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Saturday 23rd September
Woodville Oval
Div 3 - GF - Flinders Park v Modbury (2:30pm)
Div 3R - GF - Modbury v Unley (12:15pm)
C3 - GF - Modbury v Pembroke OS (10:00am)

Big day for Modbury.

Huge, hopefully we can get the C8 grandfinal shifted to an earlier timeslot (currently 12pm at Mitcham) so those players and supporters can make their way to Woodville also.

We are expecting a huge amount of travelling support.
by Sass!
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |