Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Robran wrote:
jo172 wrote:Seems someone might be in a bit of hot water for playing with too many points last round.

Do tell :shock:

2 points is 2 points, and top of the ladder now!
by Mr Beefy
Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Another mega$$ sporting club renovation wasted by the Salisbury Council.
Meanwhile the Salisbury Football Club and Northern Districts Cricket Club at Salisbury Oval can't even get toilets in their change rooms.
by Homer J
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2017

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great gutsy win yesterday over an opposition that never gave up
A win at last and off the snide and we won't be the first side since Gepps Cross in 2015 not to win a game in A2/D2

I Wanna be a Broadview Tiger!!!!

Congrats mate and good luck in Div 3 next year

Not quite there yet, Saturday may have flicked the switch a bit, couple of new players had an influence which became contagious, never write off an injured fighting tiger ;)
by locky801
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2019

marbles wrote:When do past player coaches ever win premierships.

In September.
by Lightning McQueen
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

The Big Shrek wrote:Edward$town

Couple more to come yet, not big $$$ but big signings. Thank God we have a great junior structure, you should try it. :)
by Yank Man
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Expect a start date to be announced very soon, the powers at the ADFL are not dumb, they know clubs will need atleast a portion of the revenue generated from food and drinks just to survive. With no player payments in 2020 there really shouldn’t be any clubs who can’t make it through the year, if they can’t, they have probably mismanaged and overpaid players and staff for a number of years. This might just shake up football as a whole and help clubs reduce payments for years to come. Bring it on!
by scottroo
Tue May 12, 2020 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As an individual, a lot of it depends on your motivation for playing. If I can't sit around in the changerooms with my 20 mates after winning a game in shit weather, having some shower beers and talking shit, before going back into the club and getting on the cans til midnight before singing Horses with 50-60 people at the end of our function, not sure I really want to do it either. If I wanted to just rock up, play, go home, I'd have been a paid mercenary a long time ago (subject to there being a club stupid enough to pay me money).

The two hours on the ground is only a small part of it IMO.
by Pag
Tue May 12, 2020 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tend to agree with you on this Bedge. If it was as simple as saying there will be no player payments this year and that applies across the state, the league would have pulled the trigger on this by now. It is clearly not that straight forward and I would imagine the AdFL need to align with themselves with some of the country leagues that go ahead or risk losing quality players either this year or potentially next.

Every decision at the moment has a huge domino effect that needs plenty of forward planning but as we saw from last Fridays 4:30 announcement of pubs being allowed to open, the leagues aren't always given a lot of notice to plan!
Exactly, that was totally what my initial point was, Bedge tapped the pilot nail and you drilled it home.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

Sass! wrote:He chased one of our blokes down from behind in round 18 last year and caught him holding the ball.

Jesus, how slow is your bloke?! :shock: :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |