Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

With the season is starting to ramp up again for teams can we get any news on player movements?
Heres what I have from looking through the threads.
Aldinga:
Out
Harmen - reynella
In
?

Brighton:
Out
?
In
?

Christies:
Out
Richter - SAAFL
In
Harrison - Mitchell Park
Bachmann - Waikerie
Brophy - Salisbury North
Someone from Plympton?
White - Kangarilla?

Cove:
Out
Vick - Goolwa
Bennet
Hare
In
?

Edwardstown:
Out
?
In
?

Flagstaff Hill:
Out
?
In
Binns

Hackham:
Out
Spencley ?
In
Bowd ?

Happy Valley:
Out
D eagleton - retired
Grund - Retired
Maher - Kieth ?
J Eagleton - getting big offers but havent heard?
2 to Lofty?
In
?

Marion:
Out
?
In
?

Morphett Vale:
Out
?
In
?

Morphettville:
Out
Cranston - retired
In
?

Noarlunga:
Out
Schultz - retired
Golding - retired
Paech - retired
Carter - NSW
Tasker - mallee
Sargood - mallee
Bowd - Hackham ?
Minns - SANFL ?
Mott - SANFL ?
In
?

OSB:
Out
?
In
Miller

Port Noarlunga:
Out
manhood - retired
In
?

Reynella:
Out
Milo
In
Harmen - Aldinga
Mcentee

This isn't confirmed, just what has been posted. any other out there?
by Blaze of Glory
Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

ok so seeing i have your attention and u are now showing some form of rational friendly response, what pros and cons would u provide to a proposal that the sfl move to a 10 team division & the remaining struggling bottom sides move to the saafls division 7
educate my ignorance rather than insult it and list to me the benefits and the disadvantages of such a move which at first seems radical, but if was to go ahead people would still wake up the next day and get on with their lives as if it was the new norm

can u tell me one point to why its outrageous but also give me one reason why it would be excellent
Can you provide an argument why the 5 southernmost struggling SAAFL clubs should not shift to an SFL div 2 rather than get lost in the unwieldy SAAFL?

well yeah of course i can. and i wont answer a questiin with another question

firstly the sfl has no div 2. your hierarchy believe an equal comp for lower sides is not equitable

secondly a div 7 for your no chance bottom sides, will actually instantly provide hope of playing finals, instead of getting smashed for another 5 years. finals bring smiling faces, smiling faces bring revenue, revenue brings growth, success good times and joy

compare these experiences, for your paying customers (footballers), to another 5 years of misery, pain suffering all to still be a struggling club, when by this time u could possibly have risen to division 4 if u really are as good as you claim to be

What smiling faces and revenue are you talking about?
Without meaning to be discriminatory, when Christies play some of the traditional SFL type clubs of Port Noarlunga, Noarlunga, Morphett Vale, Reynella,Happy Valley Etc. there are good crowds with a good atmosphere and presumably good takings at the bar canteen etc.

When playing teams "down the hill" at home or away our supporters out number theirs 5-1 regardless of success. we played Edwardstown and Brighton away to a handful of opposition supporters. even when they were towards the top of the ladder.
These handful of supporters will remain regardless, but if a team is successful in the SFL and are not attracting people to the games with a full day of footy with juniors, how would a move to div 7 attract more people and revenue?
by Blaze of Glory
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |