Search found 74 matches

Return

Re: (insert username here) is, has, thinks, etc, etc.....

Fisho is rather at sea with the new website! Haven't been on here in ages. Looks good!

Fisho is also 2 months completely sober. :D :D :D
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (insert username here) is, has, thinks, etc, etc.....

Great work fisho, do you feel heaps better?

Is hubby going along well?

I do! I've got more energy, probably because I don't spend half my time lying on the couch too hungover to do anything productive. I also got a new job as an academic editor and if I was still drinking, I wouldn't be able to do it - it's bloody demanding. (I'm not sure why I got the job in the first place - I think they thought I had a Ph.D, because it says so on my CV and then 'in progress' in small font. 8-[ )

And yeah, Mr McSpaz is dry as well - he's been sober longer than I have, cos I had a couple of beers at a mate's wedding in January. He's got back into his long-distance running and he's a bloody machine!

Can't see us wanting to drink again - I sincerely hope not, anyway. It would've ruined the family the way things were going. As it is now, the kids are happy, they've got a home they feel safe in; work's going well, we're saving money, and my writing's on track too. I had a publishing house express interest last year but I don't think I was prepared to do what they expected of me - they wanted me to expand and rewrite some areas, which I was doing anyway, but I couldn't meet their deadlines and I was feeling at sea with a lot of other things. Last year was the worst of my life. Better things for the future, I hope.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The welcome I get every time I pick my youngest up from kindy. He always yells 'My MUMMY!', then shirtfronts the kid next to him and yells 'That's my mummy, see?' and climbs over whoever else is in his way to give me a hug. Makes me feel very loved.
by fisho mcspaz
Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I'm a Crows fan but we've got to be the worst in the competition, honestly. Collingwood supporters are nowhere near as obnoxious as Crows supporters. Losing a Showdown is the only thing that shuts them up - lose to any other team and they start calling for the coach's head and ringing up Triple M to detail their own tactical approaches that they'd use. They refer to the players in the same way that someone might name-drop a famous person whom they live next-door to, but who also ran over their dog so if they put ONE foot out of line, Today Tonight's getting a phone call.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Death Penalty

Just came across this thread. My view has always been: I oppose the death penalty and I do not respect other countries' right to enforce it. Who are we to play God? I don't believe that it is our right to take human life.

I've always thought the above, ever since I was old enough to have an opinion on the matter, but I found myself rethinking my views in light of the Morcombe case. I hope that cretin is murdered in prison - I hope it's painful. I considered whether I would support the death penalty for people like him, or alternatively, vigilante law. I stayed up all night one night, just thinking about it, because it was the first time I'd ever seriously questioned my belief in this regard. I came to the conclusion that I still don't support the death penalty, nor do I advocate vigilantism. I do think that there should be a public register for sex offenders, and I think that they should be surgically castrated. People like Brett Cowan are not victims of an illness - they are compelled to commit these acts, which is a very different matter. Ultimately, it is within their control to suppress these urges. And I don't know how my beliefs would hold up if anyone ever did something to one of my children - I'd want to have a go at killing them myself, certainly. Given the chance, I don't know if I would or would not.

In the case of murder, I oppose the death penalty also. In this context, I also strongly reject the idea of prison as a rehabilitation facility. I don't think that there is enough evidence - and there seems to be overwhelming evidence to the contrary - that prison can successfully treat offenders. I think it makes them worse. And the parole system is a joke, and continues to fail people in all states across Australia. A life sentence should mean just that - no parole.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting told that we HAVE got that house we applied for after all. I'm stoked. I always wanted a house with a big hill in the back yard, so I could name it Phil Collins Hill and build a big slip 'n' slide on it. Now I've got one. Today can't get much better. If the Home Ice Cream truck appears out the front, I'll seriously think I've died and gone to the afterlife or something.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Death Penalty

Life without parole for sex offenders? Going to be a lot of innocent people locked up forever.

Sex offenders found guilty of rape AND murder , yes, life without parole, unless the perpetrator was ruled not responsible for his/her actions due to mental illness. Those found guilty of rape but not murder , a period of incarceration and treatment such as is available. For multiple sex offenders who have not committed murder , a period of incarceration and then some form of detention or restrictive measure to reduce the risk of reoffending. Whatever supportive treatment there is should also be made available and probably mandatory.

What exactly do you mean by innocent people, by the way? Do you mean people convicted wrongly, or do you mean that sex offenders are not responsible for their actions? I think the latter would have to be considered on an individual case basis - are their actions a result of an illness, or a compulsion? (And yeah, I said earlier 'life without parole without considering individual cases' but I meant for those who were both a) found guilty of rape AND murder; b) judged to be of sound mind and responsible for their actions. If those criteria are met - automatic life sentence without parole.)

Some people are made bad by bad treatment - is that what Ned Kelly said? I think that's true a lot of the time. And it's terrible, and I don't know what can be done about it because the systems that are meant to care for people are underresourced and understaffed. I was involved with Child Protection services briefly and there's only so much they can do for families at risk, because there are so many who need help. But regardless of upbringing or trauma, people still have to be held accountable for their actions. It's no good, but show me a better alternative.
by fisho mcspaz
Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Whoever picks the team at Mr McSpaz's footy club. He was going to retire - he's had a run of freakish injuries and the last few years have been pretty thankless - and then agreed to play Bs cos they needed players. It's been one bloody week and they've put him back in the As and he's got a broken hand. (That part is his fault though cos he hasn't told anyone and says it's only a fracture so it doesn't count. I asked him what he was gunna do about it and he said 'Strap it'.) ](*,)
by fisho mcspaz
Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Lollypop rings.. soooo good!!!

Girls in the office think it's a little feminine wearing it but i think they just jelly 8)

F*** yeah I love those things! I'm gunna go get one now, actually. Deli won't shut till 5.
by fisho mcspaz
Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

F***ing hell I'd like to wring the neck of whoever put that bloody article in the Advertiser. Last thing the club needs. Didn't help Callington and won't help us.

Where in the tisser as I cant find it?

It's on AdelaideNow. It's in their stupid top 10 news items, and the Australian and Herald Sun have picked it up as well. Obviously there's a shortage of internet cat sensations or extreme selfies to turn into news. It actually isn't as bad as I thought it was when I first read it, but still, that's some publicity we could do without.
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F***ing hell I'd like to wring the neck of whoever put that bloody article in the Advertiser. Last thing the club needs. Didn't help Callington and won't help us.

Well much as I hate seeing this sort of publicity for thde SFL, I actually think it's a good thing for the SFL to see what a laughing stock it has the potential to be permanently if these sort of results continue. Hard to continue to bury your head in the sand when the whole of Adelaide is laughing at your league. No amount of changing age groups will address these issues.

Also heard them on 5AA this morning taking the piss out of the result. Not a good look.

It's not the league at fault, though. It's the club. Bad decisions, bad recruitment, minimal local presence and community involvement.

Ahhhhh - no more complaints. It's easy enough to write down what's wrong and what can be done to fix things, but putting ideas into practice is going to be a long, hard slog. I know a lot of Aldinga and ex-Aldinga people read this forum, so this is for you - please get behind our club. Volunteers are always needed, particularly after the first few weeks when the eager numbers begin to drop off. Players, too - the B grade needs numbers. The A grade needs numbers, if it comes to that, but no more bloody mercenaries please. Just people who are willing to turn up to training and put in some effort on a regular basis.
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well much as I hate seeing this sort of publicity for thde SFL, I actually think it's a good thing for the SFL to see what a laughing stock it has the potential to be permanently if these sort of results continue. Hard to continue to bury your head in the sand when the whole of Adelaide is laughing at your league. No amount of changing age groups will address these issues.

Also heard them on 5AA this morning taking the piss out of the result. Not a good look.

It's not the league at fault, though. It's the club. Bad decisions, bad recruitment, minimal local presence and community involvement.

Ahhhhh - no more complaints. It's easy enough to write down what's wrong and what can be done to fix things, but putting ideas into practice is going to be a long, hard slog. I know a lot of Aldinga and ex-Aldinga people read this forum, so this is for you - please get behind our club. Volunteers are always needed, particularly after the first few weeks when the eager numbers begin to drop off. Players, too - the B grade needs numbers. The A grade needs numbers, if it comes to that, but no more bloody mercenaries please. Just people who are willing to turn up to training and put in some effort on a regular basis.

Hi Fisho, happy to come and support the club but I'm tired of being part of the SFL DIV 1 to be honest, just my own opinion. I was part of the team that didn't win an A grade game for 3 years from 2003 - 2005 and was lucky enough to be part of the first win with your other half when Shane first took over as coach in 2006, was a huge relief winning an A grade game after 3 years of being pumped each week, sometimes playing both grades, Shane Lynch and Russell Hart as well as all the other Blackwood/Henley recruits helped get the club out of a rut. For me to see the same thing happen again is disappointing and I feel for the guys but this path is well worn. We have had crisis meetings over the last 12 years with votes on going to Hills country league being defeated and people with Grand plans on being a Div 1 SFL club. I have no problem with this as long as the people passionate about being in Div 1 SFL stay to help make it happen which sadly the past has shown they don't. I'm sure if the right people come along it can be done and I hope the club does move forward again but this season looks like being a long one and hopefully the young blokes can stick together for next year. Also looking at the reserves scores on the weekend doesn't look good for the league with 4 teams scoring 1 goal or less the entire game.

I definitely think the Grand Plans must be shelved!! That's responsible for half the s*** that's happened, I think. There should be a clause preventing it in our constitution.

I still hear about that first win, too, by the way. Did Mr McSpaz ever tell you about the day after? He'd copped a nice concussion and had a bit of a seizure under the fluoro lights at Blackwood Woolies, came home with 2 kilos of cocktail franks, which he doesn't even eat and didn't remember buying.
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Hopefully some better publicity for the club this week as the Footy Show actually has an interest in promoting grassroots footy, unlike News Ltd evidently. :-" Tune in this Thursday. Club prez will also be on Triple M radio tomorrow @ 8:40am.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Why (in the continuing Aldinga saga) there is an article on AdelaideNow containing a photo of Mr McSpaz wearing a Port Power jumper and scarf. Better not bring that s*** home. :shock:
by fisho mcspaz
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pseudo wrote:^ so how did the team go?

Lost by 5 points.
by fisho mcspaz
Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr McSpaz getting in the Advertiser two days in a row, and this time not for wearing a bloody Port Power jumper. It was a really lovely photo of him and our youngest boy Luke. Luke really wanted to see his dad after the game and couldn't wait for the boys to come off the ground, so he ran on to the oval yelling 'Daddy!' and you could just see the photographer's face light up...
by fisho mcspaz
Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

aldinga getting smashed by 700 points in 3 games

marion only beat aldinga by a goal :shock: rams not ailing fish too?

oh look is that a bye in SAAFL div 7?

Yeah I am sure Marion are desperate to join a competition where 7 A-Grade teams get demolished in a weekend. One club managed to beat Aldinga's deficit in only 2 games. What an attractive proposition.

if aldinga got up last week, i dare say theyd be considering it :D

I doubt it - ever seen those div 7 teams play? It's pretty special. It'd be a good social comp though.
by fisho mcspaz
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

I note the Advertiser says today that the Footy Show (ratings) circus will roll into town on when Aldinga play Lonsdale.. (May 24 Round 8 ) Not a great advertisement for our league with no junior games programmed on the day just the seniors.. Wonder if the league will transfer the junior games to support the day?? Tough decision to be made

Would be good if some of the proceeds also go to Lonsdale who are doing it just as tough without all the fanfare.

I agree. Hopefully we can work something out in that regard.

(By that, I mean I'll bring it up the next time I'm down at the club. I reckon it's a really good idea.)
by fisho mcspaz
Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I need to know where I would go to have a sign made on a piece of wood. Alternatively, how does one burn letters into a piece of wood? I haven't got a blowtorch. I just want to make a sign that says 'Phil Collins Hill' so I can put it up in my back yard.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He gets angry about stuff, just not at jerks on the phone. Texta on his face - he accepts that as fair game mostly. The last time I pissed him off was at the dinner table. I went 'Look at me, I'm Denethor!' and chomped a cherry tomato so it went everywhere. I thought it was funny as f*** but I was the only one :(
by fisho mcspaz
Fri May 02, 2014 2:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

Ser Alliser Thorne & Father Jack Hackett

alliser.jpg

drink feck arse girls.jpg
by fisho mcspaz
Fri May 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being stalked over social media. Get a life!!
by fisho mcspaz
Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was having a terrible day and Mr McSpaz bought me flowers. That is the first time he's done that. It made my day. :) :) :)
by fisho mcspaz
Wed May 07, 2014 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

80s power ballads. OH YEAH!
by fisho mcspaz
Tue May 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

What a world we live in when Clive Palmer is the saviour of a viable society. I am counting on him big-time to block the university reforms and Medicare fees in the Senate.

Crime will f***ing skyrocket, I predict. If young people can't receive the dole for six months - there just aren't enough jobs to employ all the youth! What are they going to do with no job and no prospect of assistance either?

I do think that, although the government played their cards very cunningly and very well, it wasn't enough to offset the general horror in response to the budget. As much as people believe political spin, they still only see what’s in front of them and right now they see that they stand to lose a lot of money (even if it doesn’t actually belong to them). I think that Labor will be voted in next election - hopefully this time they don't f*** it all up by fighting amongst themselves, and can actually consign the Libs to the political wilderness they should've still been in from '07.
by fisho mcspaz
Wed May 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone's probably already posted this but here you go - Bad Lip Reading of Game of Thrones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ
by fisho mcspaz
Sun May 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F*** Collingwood - went to a Collingwood v Freo game in Melbourne once because I happened to be there and I wanted to watch some footy. This Collingwood prick behind me dropped his tray of four beers directly on my head, then started banging on about the rain - it was raining - and how he really liked a 'good, wet rain'. Later he started barracking for Freo because he was pretty much comatose at that point, and then he DID lose consciousness and his wife and mates had to carry him out.

Was it the big bang ?

Hahaha no, this guy kept his clothes on.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Working in front of the blazing fire while the rain lashes the outside of the house. (I don't rate the working part, working at midnight sucks dog's balls, but the fire is terrific.)
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "Puppies"

I predict that Jacqui Lambie will have fisticuffs with someone this year, possibly Barnaby Joyce. She's like a train wreck off an MTV reality show crossed with the bus driver from South Park, and he's been ominously quiet in recent weeks, but he's always had an axe to grind where Clive Palmer is concerned.
by fisho mcspaz
Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F*** Collingwood - went to a Collingwood v Freo game in Melbourne once because I happened to be there and I wanted to watch some footy. This Collingwood prick behind me dropped his tray of four beers directly on my head, then started banging on about the rain - it was raining - and how he really liked a 'good, wet rain'. Later he started barracking for Freo because he was pretty much comatose at that point, and then he DID lose consciousness and his wife and mates had to carry him out.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clive Palmer has thrown a last-minute curveball at the Abbott government by announcing his senators will delay a Senate vote on the carbon tax.

The Palmer United Party had an agreement with the government to support amendments that guarantee savings from the abolished tax are passed on to consumers and business.
But on Thursday, after supporting a government move to bring on a vote at 11.50am, Mr Palmer announced changes to his own amendments.
The amendments provoked a "violent reaction" from the government, he told reporters in Canberra.
"There are no circumstances that we'd be voting today for the carbon tax repeal."
One of the key changes is a penalty imposed on entities that do not pass on savings to gas and electricity customers.

The penalty would be 250 per cent of the saving that has not been passed on.
It also removes reference to "domestic" electricity and gas customers, potentially leaving it open for companies to be penalised if they don't pass on savings to overseas customers.
The definition of "entity", which replaces "corporation", is expanded to include individuals and "any party or entity which can or does buy or sell electricity or gas".
The time in which entities have to give the consumer watchdog a notice they are complying with price cuts has been set at 30 days after the bill gains royal assent.
Entities face a $34,000 fine if they don't comply - double the original fine.
The time in which customers must get notice of electricity and gas price savings has been reduced from 90 days to 30 days.

Hahahahaha!!! I wish Abbott joy with that Senate - it's going to be like trying to contain a three-headed dog. Also, I swear Palmer is f***ing with him on purpose. I'm actually quite looking forward to Sir Tony's next media appearance now.
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

Hey, don't knock Swanny - he's the first person I've ever met besides myself who has considered putting stickers on apples for a job. To my Year 12 English teacher, who put me in detention after careers counselling (because I'd told the counsellors that my backup plan was to put stickers on apples if I didn't get into my BA), eat a dick! :-D
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is that seriously a Krispy Kreme robbery? FFS they're f***ing DONUTS. They're not even that great! The only reason everyone pees their pants over them is because Adelaide didn't have an outlet for ages so everyone swanning off to Melbourne could go 'Oh my GOD I JUST ATE KRISPY KREME THEY'RE SO GOOOOOOOOOD HAHAHAHA ENJOY YOUR BARREN EXISTENCE IN ADELAIDE WITHOUT KRISPY KREME YOU PLEBES!'

F*** me. :evil:
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWjw34o9Grc

Some dickhead Liberal senator wore a hi-viz vest today, apparently in support of repealing the mining tax. Scott Ludlam held up a sign saying 'SRSLY' and incurred Cory Bernardi's wrath, whereupon Ludlam just walked out like the queen bitch in Mean Girls while Bernardi was still telling him off. This Senate is better than any reality TV show.
by fisho mcspaz
Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Failed Creation wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:wowee, it sounds like we need a Krispy Kremes Anger Issue counselling service!! lol

True, and a counselling service for those that think Krappy Kreme is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My grandparents - celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary today! That's a fair effort.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Let's not forget that these men, and other drug couriers, play the most minor of roles in the illicit drug trade - but they are also the ones punished most severely. The people who employ them, the people who manufacture the drugs, and most vitally, the people who operate international businesses to supply drugs across the globe - are generally hand in glove with powerful political and business figures, and are protected by their status, wealth and power. Regardless of what happens to their hired drug couriers, these people are rarely, if ever, prosecuted.

Recently, I signed a petition that pleaded for clemency for Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran. A friend informed me that I was a bleeding heart, that these men ‘knew the rules’ and that all the petitions in the world wouldn’t change the Indonesian government’s stance. And his views are typical of many. They centre around the inarguable fact that these men broke a law and therefore they must suffer the consequences, which in the case of Chan and Sukumaran is death by firing squad. I want to reiterate here: no one is arguing that they broke the law. But a law that authorises the killing of people after years on death row, people who have been rehabilitated, who have become productive members of society, and who have worked hard to improve the lives of others – that is a bad law, and it SHOULD be challenged. You gain nothing from remaining silent.

I feel so strongly about this because while I don’t know what other prisoners are like in there, I think that these two Australians at least have rehabilitated themselves and are continuing to do so, and they are productive members of society. They are doing good things for others, despite being on death row the whole time. From what I’ve seen of jail in Australia, jail facilities as rehabilitation centres don’t f***ing work. I don’t think too many people get rehabilitated in prison; I think it makes them harder. So whatever the hell’s happening over in Indonesia, here at least are two prisoners that are proof of successful rehabilitation. Why on earth would you kill them now? Not only is it cruel to take their lives after leaving them in jail for ten years with the threat of execution hanging over their heads, but killing them now is a positive disincentive to rehabilitation. If you’re going to die anyway, why should you even bother with making things better for yourself and others? What is your humanity worth when all roads lead to the executioner just the same? A person can only be killed once.

Anyway, I said as much to a mate and he said 'I agree with you, kill them straight away, don't leave them on death row for years.' :? That is not what I meant - I don't support capital punishment under any circumstances. I just find it even more horrific to prolong people's existence on death row. Capital punishment, if the sentence is carried out immediately, is barbaric enough. I have never found any argument convincing me that humans have the right to take another person's life against their will, nor to legalise such murder and call it justice. Capital punishment, if the sentence is delayed, is a human rights crime. It is the cruelest thing. And I do take into account what people are saying regarding the lives saved because that 8kg of heroin never made it to Aussie shores. I call bulls**t. As someone who has been addicted to drugs in the past (admittedly not heroin, but I was dependent on prescription opiates for over a year), I can say that no one held a gun to my head to take them. A closer comparison would be alcohol, I suppose, and the peer pressure involved there. I don't drink any more and when I refuse alcohol at a gathering, people look at me like I've contracted ebola and joined ISIS, and sometimes there are those who will argue with me or encourage me to drink anyway. It's still my decision whether I do or not. I don't blame drug couriers or drug dealers for drug-related deaths. To me it makes more sense to blame the governments that refuse to decriminalise drugs. If drugs were legal, I don't doubt that people would still take them, but if drug use was considered as a social issue rather than as a criminal one, there would be a greater focus on understanding the causes of drug use (poverty, for one), and on providing education and information both to make drug use a safer practice and to encourage alternatives. The majority of people across the world either use or have used drugs – executing people or locking them up for their lifetimes won’t change that fact.
by fisho mcspaz
Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I stopped feeding them inside after our orange boy started making off with bits of food and hoarding them under my eldest son's bed.

When I was growing up I had another orange cat who behaved similarly - if he didn't like the food, he would piss on the clean laundry, but only ever Mum's clothes.

Ginger. They are gingers. Don't 'pussyfoot' around it. 8)

They are gingers. I'm probably lucky they've restricted their displeasure to pissing on the floor instead of eating my soul or something. 8)
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Sorry should of checked spelling. :lol: Sorry mate, its not just you, everyone spells it weird. And pronounces it odd as well.

A group of WAGS were asking where "who-tonne" was on the weekend.

Bahaha I reckon that was us. :D As for where Houghton is, it's like bloody Narnia or something. I've driven through it by accident on the way up to Kersbrook once or twice, but I don't remember how I got there.

PS. Is it 'Howton'? Because that's how I've been saying it and people give me strange looks when I do. :?
by fisho mcspaz
Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers, yeah we came up from Aldinga this year. Mitchell Park seems like a good place, good people. Looking forward to the year ahead! :D
by fisho mcspaz
Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hooray - footy's back! Looking forward to tomorrow, I've never had anything to do with the SAAFL before so I've got no idea what sort of a team Adel Uni are and what to expect, but I'm pumped. Our five-year-old is very excited, he's just starting to take an interest in footy, and he's been going around telling all his little mates that he's going to watch his dad play on the weekend. Love it. :-)
by fisho mcspaz
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YOU BEAUTY, TOP WIN PARKS #restoretheroar :-D
by fisho mcspaz
Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it just me, or is it disrespectful to sing your club song out on the opposition's oval? Not impressed, Angle Vale. :?
by fisho mcspaz
Sat May 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally getting to meet FC today! :D

is she hot ;) ?

Mate, I thought that was a prerequisite of all SAFooty posters. We're a goodlooking bunch. :D

Something else I rate: the reduced-to-clear dairy section at the supermarket. Got some bloody nice Brie for $2, knocked down from $18. I may get food poisoning but it'll be well worth it in my opinion.
by fisho mcspaz
Wed May 13, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When people seeking attention on Facebook with cryptic statuses get called out for seeking attention. 8)
by fisho mcspaz
Sun May 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Does anyone here recall Booney mentioning that he was going on an overseas holiday? He kept that quiet.

Anyhoo, in other news - are there any budding gardeners amongst us here? Looking for some ideas for plants to stick in the front yard.

Rules:

1) No flowers
2) Must be drought resistant because there's a fair chance the only water they'll get is from the sky.
3) Would prefer natives
4) This thread is useless without pics otherwise i'll have NFI what you're on about.

Q. to thread?

We've got these spiky plant things in our backyard that look pretty snazzy all lined up in a row. They look like yaccas but without the big sticky-up thing in the middle. Google 'spiky native plant' and you'll get an idea. Also, it doesn't matter if they die cos they look hilarious, a bit like Cousin Itt. One of ours died and I put a string of Christmas lights around it rather than pull it out. :supz:

festive dead plant.PNG
by fisho mcspaz
Tue May 19, 2015 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Developments/Projects in SA

I'd be happy to pay a toll to get South Rd upgraded - trying to get from the southern suburbs to Pt Wakefield Rd is a nightmare. But I can definitely see Adelaide drivers clogging up secondary routes in order to avoid the tollgate. When someone from Adelaide visits Melbourne, eight times out of ten they come back saying how great it is that SA has no toll roads. (These are the same sort of people who used to come back with a box of Krispy Kreme and a verbal orgasm that lasted until the contents of said box were eaten.) :?
by fisho mcspaz
Tue May 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My dog died today

I'm really sorry, WLF. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love. :(
by fisho mcspaz
Wed May 27, 2015 1:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The number of articles where the author claims to be 'outraged' or 'up in arms' about something completely trivial.

Here's an example off the top of my head - I can see a sultana sitting on my keyboard, must've dropped it there last night. I'm going to write about it in an angry inflammatory manner.

This morning, I saw a sultana sitting on my keyboard. An ordinary, ubiquitous sultana you could find in any supermarket.

And it has me up in arms.

Has NO ONE ever realised that sultanas look like sheep poo? Of course they haven't. It's outrageous when you think that this is the Wine State (is it? or is that Victoria?) so grapevines and their products are a part of our everyday lives, yet every day we walk past the boxes of Sunbeam Sultanas in the supermarket aisles without batting an eye that they look like thousands of little sheep dung pellets, packaged in a brightly-coloured box to lull our senses into thinking this is OK. And the worst part is that to most of us, it is OK. We sit there complacently eating our faux-sheep-shit and we probably always will. Sometimes we even disguise it with a chocolate coating. Because we know there's nothing we can do about it.

(That's the other thing - they're quite happy to voice their 'outrage' but at no point do they ever offer a solution to whatever's got them so incensed. Because they know it's f***ing ridiculous. Tabloid journalism at its weakest.)
by fisho mcspaz
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr McSpaz and I getting engaged on Tuesday night. :D Kids are pretty stoked about it too - our youngest reckons he's going to wear a superhero cape to the wedding. :lol:
by fisho mcspaz
Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |