Search found 84 matches

Return

Re: Things that make you laugh

I'm a Crows fan but we've got to be the worst in the competition, honestly. Collingwood supporters are nowhere near as obnoxious as Crows supporters. Losing a Showdown is the only thing that shuts them up - lose to any other team and they start calling for the coach's head and ringing up Triple M to detail their own tactical approaches that they'd use. They refer to the players in the same way that someone might name-drop a famous person whom they live next-door to, but who also ran over their dog so if they put ONE foot out of line, Today Tonight's getting a phone call.

You're one of the very few good Crows fans.
by HH3
Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Foam from Clarke rubber, strapping and a glove he'll be fine. Done the same thing a while back ;)
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

I'm hearing a former captain is looking at taking the reigns.
by jumbo
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

F***ing hell I'd like to wring the neck of whoever put that bloody article in the Advertiser. Last thing the club needs. Didn't help Callington and won't help us.

Well much as I hate seeing this sort of publicity for thde SFL, I actually think it's a good thing for the SFL to see what a laughing stock it has the potential to be permanently if these sort of results continue. Hard to continue to bury your head in the sand when the whole of Adelaide is laughing at your league. No amount of changing age groups will address these issues.

Also heard them on 5AA this morning taking the piss out of the result. Not a good look.

It's not the league at fault, though. It's the club. Bad decisions, bad recruitment, minimal local presence and community involvement.

Ahhhhh - no more complaints. It's easy enough to write down what's wrong and what can be done to fix things, but putting ideas into practice is going to be a long, hard slog. I know a lot of Aldinga and ex-Aldinga people read this forum, so this is for you - please get behind our club. Volunteers are always needed, particularly after the first few weeks when the eager numbers begin to drop off. Players, too - the B grade needs numbers. The A grade needs numbers, if it comes to that, but no more bloody mercenaries please. Just people who are willing to turn up to training and put in some effort on a regular basis.

Hi Fisho, happy to come and support the club but I'm tired of being part of the SFL DIV 1 to be honest, just my own opinion. I was part of the team that didn't win an A grade game for 3 years from 2003 - 2005 and was lucky enough to be part of the first win with your other half when Shane first took over as coach in 2006, was a huge relief winning an A grade game after 3 years of being pumped each week, sometimes playing both grades, Shane Lynch and Russell Hart as well as all the other Blackwood/Henley recruits helped get the club out of a rut. For me to see the same thing happen again is disappointing and I feel for the guys but this path is well worn. We have had crisis meetings over the last 12 years with votes on going to Hills country league being defeated and people with Grand plans on being a Div 1 SFL club. I have no problem with this as long as the people passionate about being in Div 1 SFL stay to help make it happen which sadly the past has shown they don't. I'm sure if the right people come along it can be done and I hope the club does move forward again but this season looks like being a long one and hopefully the young blokes can stick together for next year. Also looking at the reserves scores on the weekend doesn't look good for the league with 4 teams scoring 1 goal or less the entire game.
by Backliner
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have no idea about the finances down there Dutchy, but if they went on this path i would hope the recruits would be brought in on personality as much as football ability - solid guys to mentor the kids
by Animus
Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time for the Sharks to announce the SOS ( save our sharks ) campaign. Similar what the Richmond footy club did when they were down and out in the late 80's ( Save our Skins). A chance to unite the club past players, supporters to put there hand up and show there true colours.
by The Cadet
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are plenty of positives at Aldinga, the main focus is and always will be the A grade to most people. Other positives are the improvements to the place off field such as the dining area, doing more meals than ever, engaging the community on a level I haven't seen through sponsors, general supporters, players parents and even the Aldinga Community Forum on Facebook - encouraging members to attend and support the club, spruiking it's social side which is becoming a winner. Over 300 numbers in the barrel for weekly Thursday members draws. Newly formed Soccer club using the facilities when no Aussie rules football happening - training Fri, play Sun etc . It isn't like Callington or Milang where people turn up 3 times a week for football, it's a year round club and probably has an improved relationship with the cricket club more than has been in years. All the ducks are lining up in a row in other areas just the main and highlighted A grade woes (B grade also). The potential is there (been saying for years) but Aldinga will be around for a long time to come. The current situation the club is in I would say is better than last time in early to mid 2000's.
I think you'll find an emphasis 2 years ago was to try to engage more of the community and build on the off field potential which will hopefully transfer onto the field. Remember there will only be 1 premier listed in the history books for 2014, patience and hopefully good things will come and hopefully the people involved hang in there and get some more support to make it happen. My 2 cents
by Backliner
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Change the locks.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
by smac
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

or just get the text out when he falls asleep again ...
by dedja
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Feeling junior valleys kick for the first time.

Wow!

That must've been awesome to feel. You're going to be an awesome parent, if your awesomeness as a bloke is anything to go by.

:YMSICK:

Safooty - keepin' it real with the bromance.....

;) ;) ;)
by woodublieve12
Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(PS. I still think it's s***house - maybe it made more sense 25 years ago. It'd be fair enough IF all clubs were on a more even footing and money was the primary issue, but for teams like Aldinga it seems more like an attempt to force kids to stay rather than to prevent other clubs from poaching them.)

No it is a safety net for running junior programs. Why put 6-12 years into a player only to have them leave unrestricted once they hit seniors?
Most clubs don't enforce it, more use it as a bargaining tool in discussions with the player and/or destination club, but still have the right to hold the player if the situation merits it.

It is a critical component of the fabric of our league, even though it was watered down last year.

OK, THAT makes more sense. Sorry - I had no idea that this rule even existed, and the way the paper made it sound, I thought it would be a non-negotiable blanket restriction on all junior players. That's what I get for reading the Tiser, I guess.

All it means is that clubs are entitled to refuse clearance to a junior who has not given three years of senior football service to the club, similar to if they were on a 3 year contract. There is nothing to stop a club from agreeing to clear the player, and this usually happens as in most cases this is the logical outcome for all parties.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went down to Aldinga today and was pleasantly surprised with the standard of the game considering the blustery conditions. Vessali played well for the sharks controlling the ruck, while Carter played a great game for Marion coming off half back. Free entry to the game plus a snag or two, ensured there was a huge crowd. Well played to both sides.
by the red baron
Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So why have Aldinga chosen OSB/Lonsdale and not Valleys or Reynella? It's obvious why but I fail to see how it helps the Lions or the league....

Exactly my thoughts. That game is 50/50 anyway. Now the Footy Show will bang on about how they brought the Sharks back from the dead. If they wanted to see where Aldinga is really at they'd get Crawf to play Reynella.
by Peter Griffen
Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I note the Advertiser says today that the Footy Show (ratings) circus will roll into town on when Aldinga play Lonsdale.. (May 24 Round 8 ) Not a great advertisement for our league with no junior games programmed on the day just the seniors.. Wonder if the league will transfer the junior games to support the day?? Tough decision to be made

Would be good if some of the proceeds also go to Lonsdale who are doing it just as tough without all the fanfare.
by MatteeG
Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

PM sent for one.

Secondly, I'd say a soldering iron. From memory I used one at high school to do a similar thing.
by Booney
Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Username Tattoo

tipper wrote:i though you being an "older" model Psyb that it would have been a serial port rather than a usb. been in for a refit have we? ;)

I think it's more the 3 1/2" floppy that worries him.
by Booney
Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double J on Digital Radio

Pseudo wrote:
zipzap wrote:Yep, Triple J never recovered from the purge...suddenly there were all these cuddly pseudo-celebs like Catriona Rowntree

Catriona Rowntree's cleavage is wasted on radio.

For that reason, I love watching Getaway reruns on Foxtel. For some reason, her head shits me though...
by Failed Creation
Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F**kwits on the road that as soon as it rains think the speed limit drops to 30km an hour! Here's some advice if you don't like driving in the rain stay of the F**king road you F**king brain dead F**king idiots! :twisted:
by carey
Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting this for my birthday from all my mates. So stoked.
by Bum Crack
Wed May 14, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This ad. A mate is a dead ringer for the young hoon. He's stuck in an 80s timewarp with the big hair and everything...

by Magpiespower
Sun May 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

May 13th. International "Top Gun" Day.

http://www.topgunday.com/

Roger. Call the ball…. Top Gun Day is May 13th. What is Top Gun Day? Well it’s like talk like a pirate day, only way cooler because it allows you to quote Top Gun all day long, wear aviator sunglasses (no matter how cheap), pretend you’re a fighter pilot (“it’s time to buzz the fridge”), play volleyball in jeans, and drink Hemlock–wait, wait–I mean ICE water.
by Booney
Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "Puppies"

I predict that Jacqui Lambie will have fisticuffs with someone this year, possibly Barnaby Joyce. She's like a train wreck off an MTV reality show crossed with the bus driver from South Park, and he's been ominously quiet in recent weeks, but he's always had an axe to grind where Clive Palmer is concerned.

apparently tasmania is worse off than sudan, crap, we better given them 5 billion dollars
by bennymacca
Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

fisho mcspaz wrote:I'm glad he isn't, or I'd have to send that one into imgur and then I'd lose my job. He was writing about beetles instead. :lol:

Dung beetles?
by heater31
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

fisho mcspaz wrote:S***, I just looked up the scientific name for dung beetle and it does indeed appear in his research!

We have the trifecta :lol:
by heater31
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When people say "happy go lucky" it means nothing. People don't have a "go-lucky" personality. What's the opposite? A "miserable go shit" kinda guy. Imagine that?!? "So what's this tony character like?" "Yeah he's a bit of negative kent, a real miserable go shit sorta spud!"
by Coach Bombay
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rationale was that was what the clubs wanted , as all changes in League structure are. Ultimately, the clubs (or at least a majority of them !) decide what the League structure will be.

Apparently not,,,
60% of clubs voted for change

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
So all Board Members voted for no change... Too much hard work for them??? :roll:
by Panther32
Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Social media last night, between corws and power supporters. And neutrals baiting them both :lol:
by woodublieve12
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A student who is almost non verbal just called me a c#%^. I was proud of him!
by RustyCage
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

" IT ISNT BROKEN"
One of the most bizarre comments heard this year? :shock:
by shoe boy
Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Siren!"
"I don't think it's gone, Ray."
"Holy, Jesus."
by RustyCage
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Sooo...how many Indonesians have been executed over there, you'd better tell us (please don't Google search, I want to know how much you care about the topic).
Why would Australians care about what happens in Indonesia unless it happens to an Australian?
It's a big world out there and hard to keep up with all that's going on it, let alone deal with our own lives day-in and day-out.
I'm right into current affairs and listen to news radio every day of the week, but if someone like me can't keep up, why should or how can the average Australian GAS unless it concerns them?
Just because people don't protest every time someone is executed, doesn't mean they should care less that Australians are being executed.
This attack on myopia is almost a myopic view in itself.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Titus OReily

As 2015 slowly awakens and nurses a serious hangover from 2014, I asked some prominent sporting personalities for their New Year’s resolutions.

Some of the answers may surprise you.

James Hird- To continue to put the children of several lawyers through private school.

Nathan Buckley- To deal more sensitively with these whiny idiots modern footballers have become.

Heritier Lumumba- To make Collingwood fans regret I was ever traded. And Melbourne fans.

Brian Taylor- To offend new groups of people in old ways.

Eddie McGuire- Collingwood is single handedly propping up the rest of the league! I know that’s not a New Year’s resolution! Get out of my house.

Shane Watson- To try and get away with this for one more year.

Paddy McCartin- To not be rushed into deciding which team I will force a trade to at the end of the season.

Paul Little- I just want to watch the world burn.

Shane Warne- To continue spending all that goodwill I built up during my career via weird social media posts.

Peter Gordon- The players won’t control our club this year. Not that I’m saying they did last year.

Brad Scott- I’m Brad you idiot.

Chris Scott- You called him Chris? Yeah, that would have annoyed him.

Patrick Dangerfield- To enjoy the year of endless speculation about what club I’ll go to in 2016, before I announce it’s Hawthorn.

Gillon McLachlan- To learn to just appreciate that you can keep blaming all the bad stuff on Andrew Demetriou.

Todd Carney: Have I shown you this trick yet? Get your camera out, you’ll want a photo.

Jeff Kennett- I used to be Chairman of Hawthorn. I was Premier of Victoria too. Please talk to me, I want to be relevant again.

Darren Lehmann- I’ve really got to get around to sacking Shane Watson.

Gary Ablett Jr- I hope I can avoid injury this year.

Rodney Eade- I really, really hope Gary Ablett doesn’t get injured this year.

Buddy Franklin- I want to keep everyone up-to-date with my private life through social media.

Tom Boyd– I have lots of money now.

Daniel Ricciardo: To smile more. Also, Sebastian Vettel is a goose.

Mick Malthouse- To gain the patience to deal with those stupid idiots in the media. Seriously, it’s not even a job, writing about other people. BLOODY LEECHES.

Tom Harley- ‘Swisse’.

Michael Clarke- Steve Smith is an OK Captain, I guess.

Shannon Hurn- To not have to say ‘yes I really am the Captain’ when I visit Victoria.

Paul Roos- I would like a priority pick.

Ross Lyon- To find my next team.

David Koch- To renegotiate a new Adelaide Oval contract after we negotiated such a poor one the first time.

Ben McDevitt- It’s already 2015? When did this happen?

Steve Smith- To forgive those people who criticised me, despite me handing them a series victory against India and having an average of like, a million.

Damien Hardwick- I’d like the team to play a full season this year.

Jarryd Hayne- To not return to the NRL until at least round 12.

Alastair Clarkson- I’d like to take a few more potshots at Essendon.

Alan Richardson- To just accept that I’m coaching St Kilda. Oh well, only six more months to go.

Justin Leppitsch- To pray everyday that Bucks alienates Pendlebury this year.

Ryan Griffen- To get through the year without knifing a coach.

Ken Hinkley- Pardon? You’ll have to speak up. I’m at Adelaide Oval.
by Booney
Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just wish they would play Hey Johnny Park [PENSIVE FACE]
by Jase
Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't know that empathy was a finite resource.
by Q.
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Can we get one thing sorted for the year? Because it causes me great pain.

Its Houghton.

Not Hougton.
Not Hoghton.
Not Houghtown.
Not Houtown.
by morell
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Mitchell Park FC would like to thank Ross and all the club faithful at OSB/Lonsdale for a terrific trial game yesterday that was played in great spirit and a chance to blow out the cobwebs and proceed with both of our season's ahead. The way you guys went about it was great and hopefully the refreshments you cordially supplied after both games was recouped when we all came in to your club rooms afterwards. Good luck in 2015 and May another 'Lions' team climb the ladder. Cheers
by Yank Man
Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes Fisho, you got it right.

It depends on where your from...Like Green-with and Gren-ith :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Correct weight Fisho, the only way to get there is via magic wardrobe.

And the pronunciation is correct as well.
by Q.
Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, here we are close to round 1.

The obvious participants on our Div 7 thread seem to be

Q ....... The best deflector
adr107 ......obviously been instructed to deflect as well both from Howton
morell... Another season of myths coming for sure
Yank Man....clearly insane
fisho mcspaz...with the odd touch of brilliance. The Lions
And
norm11... The Owl from Angle Vale

Yep it's gunna be a long year. :D
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:And marbles....when he gets back from his ban :D

I have it on good advice from Footy Chick that if he visits the Div 7 thread again he has to buy us all a slab. :D
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Essendon. ASADA. AFL. And I know I'm not alone.
by Booney
Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I rate my achievement that took 9 months as well. (and 2 attempts)

My old house is finally SOLD. :partyman:

Paying 2 mortgages on a moderate single income for over 12 months isn't something I'd recommend to anyone.
by Footy Chick
Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yeah but so is the no afl in the sanfl thread - 2 years later.

C'mon Are you really that surprised? :roll:
by Footy Chick
Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS, they're dead.

Can't we just end this god forsaken argument? It's not going to bring them back.

i'm sick of hearing about it, I'm sure others are too.

Don't come into this thread then.

No I don't think so, this argument, one as strong and as divisive as it is surrounding the death penalty should not stop, certainly not because someone is sick of hearing about it.
by Booney
Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah it's a shit thing to do, so is warming up at the wrong end and trying to start a fight because if it, so is calling for a count in div 7 reserves, so is the b grade umpire reporting a guy for saying the F word in frustration.

My personal opinion of the Angle Vale FC sadly didn't change after today.

Winners are grinners tho!
by morell
Sat May 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally getting to meet FC today! :D

is she hot ;) ?

Mate, I thought that was a prerequisite of all SAFooty posters. We're a goodlooking bunch. :D

Something else I rate: the reduced-to-clear dairy section at the supermarket. Got some bloody nice Brie for $2, knocked down from $18. I may get food poisoning but it'll be well worth it in my opinion.

Cheap, off Brie is much better than no Brie. Thats what I always say.
by HH3
Wed May 13, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speak for yourself. :D
by morell
Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:Labelling the whole angle vale club is a bit harsh when it was one person who made the call to call a count ( me )

No it isnt - organisations get held accountable for individuals actions everyday... ;)
by The Bedge
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Labelling the whole angle vale club is a bit harsh when it was one person who made the call to call a count ( me ) Yeah understand, it was said in jest for a laugh.

Another odd thing happened with the A Grade actually.

Salisbury West took a bit long getting out of their huddle and the umpire balled it up when Mitchell Park were all ready but nobody from SW was in position. Our ruck-man grabbed it, and waited, then threw it back to the umpire once everyone was ready.

Thought it was interesting. Even the Salisbury West guy said he would've taken it and kicked it forward.

I would have appealed for a freekick for a throw
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel ya, Fisho.

The amount of utter shit thats classified as "news" these days is ridiculous!

Here's one of the biggest contributors....news.com.au

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/sunday-style/opinion
by HH3
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |