Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Junior Football

I for one am not convinced that NEMJFA is the be all and end all of associations

I have heard reports of standover type tactics and bullying ( for the want of a better term) being used to intimidate delegates to "agree" to certain proposals.

IF this does indeed happen it is unlikely decisions are being made for all the right reasons but mainly to help certain adgendas.
by turk186
Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

I'm not going to have a go at Robo and the people who run the club that were there yesterday, they were doing everything they could, ringing around to the 6-7 blokes that didn't rock up after saying they would. Robo did come across to our playing group and apologise, which was good of him. Obviously we wanted to play and so did the Kilburn people who were there, it was the ones that weren't there that are obviously the issue.

Unfortunately, it does open up a can of worms as far as $$$ goes, as we still had to pay the umpires who travelled to the ground, as well as pay trainers and bar staff, as well as the bar/kitchen/canteen revenue lost, strapping and medical supplies used etc. Hopefully the SAAFL will compensate us .

Why should the SAAFL compensate ?? Why should the rest of the clubs pay for Kilburns mistakes, I will spew if the SAAFL pays out a cent. :evil:
They have given Kilburn plenty of opportunity not to compete in the division.
Compensation by all means but it should come from Kilburn as they are the cause and new this would happen and continued to compete :oops:
by turk186
Sun May 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

and yes Crispo the goal umpire is a character and the girls in the tent do a great job on the BBQ..just dont tell'em ..also thought the bloke helping on the esky was a good look'in rooster too :lol:
What was written on the back of Crispo's jacket? The boys were trying to work it out while we were at the BBQ.

he allways puts things like on this day in 1817...blah blah blah and historic event dates and so on
cost's us a fortune in tape :D ...Saturday was one of the smallest ones Ive seen...must have been a slow day in history.
the big size, standard size and small flags are good too but the best is the stuff he does before he signals like the goose step, the Groucho Marx etc I been watching him for years and it still makes me smile....a real nice bloke with it too, gives his money for umpiring to breast cancer every week. 8)
by turk186
Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

beeched iizzz wrote:Would it be be fair to say that 3 teams in D5 are good (NH,CLG,EFC)

And the rest a poo!

Would this be an educated guess or an attempt to provoke a response :roll:
by turk186
Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Weak link, interesting. Happy to have that as our signboard. Time will tell but weak link, nah not really. Two out of three i wouldn't agree with. Not sure where Greenacres are at as a lot of noise about players leaving etc. Hopefully they can keep going. Good club and i am dead set looking forward to hitting their canteen again next year.
Greenacres are a waste of space, have been for years .
All credit to their committee etc for keeping the club alive.
No pokie income, no club.

Thanks for the insightful post...keep up the good work

Wanker :D
by turk186
Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Have to say that I witnessed a pretty entertaining game of Senior footy at Edwin Smith today.
Those that know all (or nothing) had Greenies closing the door a few weeks ago and yet Greenies managed to be matching the (arguably) flag favourites for a good portion of the game.
All credit to the Pooraka playing group who played some good footy today to eventually win by about 8 goals.
How ever that particular club must be the biggest bunch of sore winners I have come across in 20 + years of SAAFL involvement.
Despite them being invited back by our footy director, several players. and even a ex committee member ( to the team manager during the week...only to be told that it was mandatory for players and coaches to go back and have a beer with the opposition) to find not a single representative make the journey across the oval for a frofie or two...even the ump's were only interested in the cash and nothing else....well done the lot of you...WAP.

I can only say that when we play in round 10 I will be the bloke sitting on my own esky drinking my own beers right in front of your rooms..... what a bunch of sooks.....

Happy to be a Dragon with integrity today.........
by turk186
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must admit I'm over the stuff that gets posted on here about Greenacres...6 weeks ago we were closing the doors, well that clearly hasn't happened. A month ago we were only fielding 1 team..... don't believe we have forfeited a game yet. Our depth is poor... well I don't think we are the only club in SAAFL with that issue, and even when we have a win .... it's still not good enough for some.

I don't know how many people that post on here have EVER had a crack at being on a club committee but I would guess less than 30% ...but they are all experts on what's happening in a club, what should happen in a club, how the club is being run, and even make it look like they have information from inside the board room.

The GFC is a proud club full of good hard working people and players that are doing the best job they can to make the club a success with a good culture, they have self funded the shed and surrounds for the betterment of it supporters and visitors alike...it's a great place to watch the footy from whilst enjoying good fresh food and a cold beverage. The committee is trying to build a culture that will last and others look at with envy..... but they don't allways get it right....sorry about that but they are human after all.

So in summary if the club fails it wont be because of anything that gets posted on here ... it will be because others are not prepared to step up and have a go instead of sitting back on the keyboard and typing ..." I told you so"
by turk186
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ha seems I have touched a nerve..... a number of posters jumping to their own defence....

I like all participants of this forum are entitled to an opinion..... all opinions are equal, but some are more equal than others .

The post was my opinion of what I have read on here... end of story.
by turk186
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Geez, Greenacres struggling. Only had ~30 for their trial games tonight with a handful of ring ins from other clubs having a run amongst that.
It is only a trial though, reckon we haven't even got 30 lined up for our trial games yet, but we have enough on the books for 3 sides still.

Actually changed my mind, reckon they will struggle - maybe not with numbers, but with quality.

Maniotis, Clark-Rantasa x2, Wheaton, Asfaha and probably Peter Smith all moving on, that is literally their best 6 players from last season.

Very disappointed to hear these bloke moving on as the club bent over to help all of them at one time or another including financially... I hoped they would stay which meant the new blokes that have since joined would have given better numbers around the club along with a fair amount of ability.
I guess its easier to follow rather than be at the front of the line where you can't hide.
Wheats would not be in that category, top bloke, pretty fair footballer... wish him all the best.
by turk186
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Greenacres do have the best siren though, sounded like the old footy park one. All clubs should have same one.
Well I guess speaking from experience in recent weeks, when you're getting 10+ goals a quarter kicked on you, you want to make sure the umps here the siren at the end of the quarter! :lol:

Does this mean you will be doing a summary of each club's siren, similar to the BBQ wrap?

I've already decided Greenacres have the best one.

Well we have one win for the season.... Thanks Arch :D
by turk186
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

You have your answer Turk. Now showing as 5th again. Clearly the ladder resets to its natural order when a new round is played and scores are loaded. Then the league manually adjusts the order which it has done In the last couple of hours. No doubt the same thing will happen next week even if the ladder shows Greenacres higher than 5th on Saturday night/Sunday morning. So please save us from a similar post next week.

Sorry to be wasting your valuable keyboard time.....
by turk186
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Yep I was there..I'm heading down tomorrow evening for a beer or 2 so I'll ask the question.
by turk186
Wed May 12, 2021 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Just had it confirmed Gibo got 3.... 2 in the first quarter...I believe it has been amended at league level.
by turk186
Thu May 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |