Search found 93 matches

Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2013

its all about charity

I'm happy to accept that, you would know what charity is all about. A very charitable draw got you to a prelim in 2012.

Millions and Millions of dollars as opposed to a few easy games.... yep very comparable. Port have done extremely well off field for the past 18 months but before that were a stain on the comp and held their hand out and kept affloat by others. dont let those teal glasses cover your perspective boon my man
by Footy Smart
Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Fantastic 150no from TTGDCC opener Matt Cuconits on the weekend against Kensies in only his 2nd A grade game. Hopefully the first of many for coco.
by Footy Smart
Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

So you then rock up after 3 days rain and its your turn to bat first so you get rolled for jack and the side batting second gets the better condistions..... pallease :roll:

Funny you blokes bitch and winge about changing the game re DRS and changing rules for chuckas etc etc then they want to change tossing the coin... been tossing something else to hard I reckon.
by Footy Smart
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

About 6 weeks ago, the TTGDCC boys had a massive backyard cricket tourny.

Teams included first class cricketers through to blokes who missed D Grade selection round 1 and a few other lads who are mates and hang round the club.

We have already had other clubs wanting to put teams into next years comp which will no doubt be bigger and better!

If your interested check out the edited video of the day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW4BPur5jlY
by Footy Smart
Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graeme Swann retires

Graeme Swann: Hi Nan how are you?
Graeme's Nan: Im fine thanks Greame, spoke with a lovely young man from the BBC on the phone today.
Graeme Swann: What did you say Nan?
Graeme's Nan: Oh, nothing much, just how nasty you said the Aussies were to you and thats why you retired.
Graeme Swann: F*CK

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/cricket/graeme-swanns-gran-mina-swann-takes-aim-at-nasty-aussies-who-forced-his-retirement/story-fnii0bxe-1226789204097
by Footy Smart
Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unbelievable days cricket from our lads on Sunday. To not only match the quality Kensi side but beat them convincingly was a credit to the lads who work tirelessly for TTGDCC.

TTG won the toss and batted, started well with Weaver and Tim Evans putting on 40odd for the first wicket against Opie and Worral. TTG lost 2 quick ones to see Trav Head and Tim Davey in they put on a steady 90 run partnership before Trav was caught at Fine leg. Again we lost 2 quick wickets and Matt Cuconits and Tim Davey steadied before we lost regular wickets and finished with a respectable 230.

Everyone thought we were in for a close one with Klinger, Smith, Ross and Brown a formidable top 4. But Klinger gone for a golden duck to Nick Winter, followed Smith by a direct hit run out by Tim Evans and Brown caught behind for 1 off Sommerfield, Kensi were 3/21. Ross and Clarance steadied the Kensi ship before Ross guided one to gully and from then on it was regular wickets. Obrien and Clarance providing some middle order fight but they never looked like threatening to win the game for them.

Three one day premierships in a row with the T20 to come and more importantly the 2 day competition.
by Footy Smart
Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Kudos Marsh. Got dropped early apparently (not sure if it was an easy catch or not) but a lot of blokes that arent up for test cricket would have detonated and got out soon after. He stuck it out and made a deserved ton, when Australia needed him to.
Steve Smith will be the next skipper...chanceless knock under pressure. He has the goods.

WTF would you send us in for?
No balls at all, and sent a very poor message....we dont wanna face your quicks on a slippery deck.
Today is crucial for us in the series. Make em bowl at us until at least tea and test their bowlers fitness or break em down. Then attack Smith with a battery of quick hostile stuff and watch them fold.

You bring up an important point here TP

Australia ran the English bowlers into the ground due to batting for a day and a half regularly and skittling their batters and forcing them back into the field. Would love to see us do that again!
by Footy Smart
Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

cracka wrote:Nothing mentioned on the Carlton thread about karma & Judds injury. People then say crows supporters are precious when they have to deal with idiotic comments like that.

This

Its amazing how many times Trent Hentschel's injury gets bought up by Port Supporters..... ordinary!
by Footy Smart
Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v VIC Feb 20- 23 Adelaide Oval

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Just quielty how much better has the Redbacks batting been this season! All that work pre-season looks to have paid dividends!

dare I say its due to good coaching? :lol:
by Footy Smart
Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

PG I think it shows that spending money on players may achieve some 'short term' success (not just aimed at BL), but sustained success is dependant on strong junior set up and club culture. Clubs in BL's position should consider investing the funds they do have into getting more kids to the club and starting again.
by Footy Smart
Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v NSW 3-6 March

Ferguson under pressure
That's not a serious statement is it
Ferg has scored a 110,80,45*, 21*, 70* from his last 7 shield innings

There's some dills around here.....

:lol: got this game discussion happening.

Apols for the oversight yes Jake batted in the second dig (didnt have my specks on). FYI furg made under 10 in his last innings ;) The one thing chuck does want is blokes looking over their shoulders and McDonald in the side, if he is deemed fit he will play.....
by Footy Smart
Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Nobody wanna play footy anymore :(
Ovingham
Brahma Lodge
Kilburn
Noarlunga
Mitchell Pak
Flinders Uni
Happy Valley

It's becoming an epidemic!

I think its more to do with these days less players are willing to do the hard yards than in previious years, maybe cop a belting and clubs like these (smaller in size compared to others)struggle to keep the players who are serious about their footy as they move on to 'greener' pastures and then the blokes 50/50 about their footy will stop playing.

Also the cultural demographic of the area plays apart. Im not sure about Mitchell Park, Ovingham etc but Kilburn has a high number of immigrants who arent really interested in footy, makes it tough to have a junior set ups required these days.

Modbury this year will be fielding 5 senior sides, U18s, 3 womens sides and 20+ junior sides.
by Footy Smart
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dan Worrall the penis enthusiast

**** me, it's one of the worst dick 'drawings' I've ever seen. Worrall really cocked it up, and now he's going to have to cop it on the chin.

Have you ever tried to draw a cock and balls with your foot before? ;)

Apparently this was done after the last ball before drinks.... SA took the last wicket of the game first ball after drinks.... if he waited 5 minutes the game would have been over and he would be playing this week :lol:
by Footy Smart
Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All Div 4 clubs should beware of Shane Scudds this year. He has dropped a staggering 40kgs and looking a million bucks. Awesome effort by the big fella and im tipping 130 goals from him this year.....
by Footy Smart
Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

maybe if it was in the second half of the season i could understand but Golden Grove had not even played pooraka or greenacres yet .........i just wonder how mAny other times during the year the same story line was told to umpires poor old scudds the gental giant how many games is he of a life banned in SAAFL ? must be ohh so near

Dont think Scuddsy was ever reported/suspended at MFC. Doubt he would be near de registration.

He used to get a rough ride with the umps and pinged alot for purely being to strong 1 on 1 when the other bloke was moved easy off the ball.
by Footy Smart
Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well Saturday didn’t go as planned for our lads but that’s cricket. Sunday was a fantastic struggle but we were I reckon 20 runs short of the flag. Our lads bowled fantastically to give ourselves a sniff, The Skipper leading the way. Lady luck wasn’t on our side this weekend and Port amazingly coming from nowhere with 2 rounds to go make the finals let alone win the flag. Who would have thought it!

Was awesome to see our D grade go through undefeated and chase down 230 only 3 wickets down. Very good game of cricket, in a grade which often gets criticised for its quality.

Even better for mine, was although devastated about the loss, the A grade boys got back and supported the D grade and got around them in their celebrations throughout the night.
by Footy Smart
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: List Managment wishlist

Call me negative, but I love trying to work out who will get delisted at the end of the season, and working out our needs.

Crows

Needs
Midfield Pace.
A genuine back up to Sauce - to replace Graham
Key Defender WITH PACE, We have Hartigan and Talia, need a 3rd tall tahts quick - Can see L Thompson ggetting delisted and 1 of Shaw, Otten or Rutten will not be at the club either.
A Yound Key Fwd - to replace smac
One small Fwd/Defensive Mid WITH PACE - Cant see Porplyzia getting a gig next year

Who will go

Gone
Porplyzia
L Thomspon
Graham
McKernan

Retiring
Rutten?

Trade Table
Otten
Shaw
Lyons
Petrenko
Van Berlo??

Unkown
Knight
Atkins
Siggins
Ellis-Yolmen

I think you will find Henderson would play that 3rd/medium tall with pace role (Shaw has tried to do that this year and i think they will keep him onthe list - injuries have set him back a bit)

Van Berlo wouldnt be on the trade table either.

100% need a back up ruckman, and then a young key fwd who we can hopefully develop over a few seasons.

Any other player we pick up/trade must have pace
by Footy Smart
Fri May 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

When people try and get into the lift on the ground floor as soon as the doors open before the people inside the lift can file out!
by Footy Smart
Thu May 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stoked that Andrew McLeod has been inducted into the hall of fame, a thoroughly deserved accolade for him. I will forever have the memory of him accepting his norm smiths with tears in his eyes. I wonder if he will ever get into coaching at an AFL level?
by Footy Smart
Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Community Cricket Structure

Having played in Adelaide Turf and taken my son from school cricket to grade cricket for Prospect after I stopped playing I always thought that travel just comes with playing sport. You just do it. Maybe I am in the minority?

The Southern District Saturday/Sunday game is a killer for the nothern clubs :lol: and vise versa i spose
by Footy Smart
Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide loses Australia Day match

yep give me the test over the one dayer any day. I cant wait till the first day of the test with a capacity crowd.... That first ball will be electric!
by Footy Smart
Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Yep I only flicked over last night to see JBs part. I also watch when Crawf is doing one of his fundraisers. Apart from that I have lost interest in the show.
pretty bad attitude to have for a bloke who is on the panel on a regular basis...

:D I had to read this a few times until I understood your post WUB :oops:
by Footy Smart
Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rivalries

TTG vs Modbury would be up there. Unfortunately we dont play against eachother that often but when we do, normally big crowds and good clean hard games.
by Footy Smart
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

CUTTERMAN wrote:Yeah, never thought Hinkley would be one to gift games, very odd. I'm sure Paul Roos has made a note of this.

I thought the same thing. Nothing against Dom or having a go at the power but if i was roos i would using it as a 'these blokes arent taking use seriously' motivational factor.
by Footy Smart
Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Here is the video of Dom announcing his retirement to the playing group:

3nbxA062BjU

Hard to watch a man so jovial around the playing group react like that.

Get a win for him port- 14 years of magnificent service and a champion of this mighty footy club.

Videos like this is what Port have started doing really well this season and I wish AFC did it more. They have made the club and the inner workings very accessible to the supporters which I think is great.
by Footy Smart
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Hirds back in town! what should his role be in the final few round/finals? IMO he should stay away from the place let Bomber so what he is doing. The players dont need another side show on the eve of the finals
by Footy Smart
Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Well very happy we got over the line. When we hit the post 5 times and the pies hit the front in the last I thought the footy gods were against us. But very happy for the way the lads fought back and won in the end. Jacobs clearly won the ruck duel with Witts, but Collingwood won the clearances which was of concern, the predictability of Jacobs taps in particular.

Our defence held up pretty well, few shaky moments but Talia, Smith, Jeansch all played well down back. Sloane and Danger with some important contested wins when the game was on the line in the last. Tex standing up plus Brodie Martins game were other positives for us. Still plenty of work to do in the remaining matches if we wanna try and match it with the big boys.

Wright, Otten and Lynch had nightmare games. Their inability to hit a target by foot, take a chest mark and/or keep their feet almost cost us. I’d expect if Thomo comes back next week Wright to drop out after grigg had an impact as the sub. I think Lynch may need to find some form in the SANFL as his last 2 games have been stinkers.
Umpiring, well apart from the soft one Pendles got in the first qtr I think they didn’t favour either side. 20/18 free kick count suggests that.

For Collingwood, Deams and Pendles played a lone hand. I thought young Broomhead showed a bit also and Elliot is great to watch. Keefe did a good job on Jenkins but the pies just turned the ball over more than AFC. Think they had 58 Clangers, which is always going to hurt.
by Footy Smart
Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

Jake King - Richmond......

Massive loss to the competition and Richmond. Although people around the football world will take the piss out of Jake King, as a Richmond supporter it's sad to see him go. Never had the most natural talent but I always watched knowing he would work his ass off every week, unlike some others we still have at the club. Can't ask for any more than that from the man. Managed to reinvent himself midway through a career too which isn't always easy.

113 games is a top dig from the Push Up I would have thought. Good career.

Also fantastic what he did for the young lad from WA who is very sick and Jake was his fav player. I think credit where credit is due and in Jakes case with this young lad I thought what he did was fantastic.
by Footy Smart
Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Augusta Cricket

Can anyone give me some quick info on the league? From what I gather it appears to be all one dayers? is this correct. I have a friend moving up there for work who doesnt want to commit to playing in town if thats the case and will require a club with decent bar facilities

Well I know a couple of blokes that play for Quorn they don't mind a frothy or two :shock:
played (i use that term very loosely) for wilsden a couple of years ago, they would train at central augusta fooyt club... Great place for a frothy or three

Centrals have a TAB in there as well. Every cricketer's dream :lol:
by Footy Smart
Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jacobs had a slow start to the year, and Ryder seems to have had one of his best years. Id say Ryder gets the nod. Talia and Smith would be the only two from AFC i would have in contention for AA honours.
by Footy Smart
Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2014/15

Then play 3 quicks (if Ronnie Mac can bowl) out of

Sayers
Mennie
Putland
Richardson
Worral
Winter
Lawford
Tait

Tait :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one bro. I think ole Shauny boy will stick to smokin durries, drinking piss and bowling 24 balls a week for big$.

Good bloke though :)

Dont think he has missed a redbacks training session this pre season, genuinely having a crack. Id be playin him over Worral and Lawford no matter how many duzzas he puts away :lol:
by Footy Smart
Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Mrs FS had our first daughter on the 5th of September. Mum and bubs doing well.

My first day back at work today and man I wish i was a stay at home dad!
by Footy Smart
Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Crows probably asked him not to talk up their biggest rivals in his first interview as head coach. Makes sense to me.

Ive listened to 3 interviews with him now and none have mentioned Kochie breaking the story early, maybe is was a condition of the interview?

Port's achievements over the past 2 years have been completely blown out of proportion in this town.

Giving air time to Koch is exactly what he wants.... dont play the game!

At the end of the day the only people put out were the candidates who hadnt been informed of the final decision yet. Im not to sure Keith Thomas would have been to happy with Koch as he is extremely professional.
by Footy Smart
Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Nah...bennymacca reckons top 4 as well

must be true ;)
by Footy Smart
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:So Adelaide have made no trades?

Why disrupt a top 2 list? ;)

That joke never gets old ;)

Carey reckons top 4 list.... work out which one is it you two, your the only one saying it :D
by Footy Smart
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agreed. I couldn’t care less about what port do, if they finish top 3rd or last, if they have 50,000 attend of 3 people with 5 teeth between the ;) the ‘measuring’ contest as you put it has reached new levels in the past 2 years (more port supporters up and about (rightly so) and the crows supporters hating it).

I haven’t heard of the ‘roovolution’, I like it :lol:

Haha its all over bigfooty. The roovolution, fagan-unbelievable.....yet we are bagged for yes we ken.

Go figure :lol:

Wouldnt waste my time with bigfooty ;) spose thats were all the crow haters on here get their generalisations "that all crows supporters ......." from :roll:

once again, port KEN do what they want, i couldnt given a f* KEN rats toss bag :lol:
by Footy Smart
Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks 2014/15

bennymacca wrote:
bennymacca wrote:That's fair enough.

Do we get hughes back this game?

Hughes is back, just checked the redbacks Twitter.

Hughes and Worral IN

Putland and cosi OUT
by Footy Smart
Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would have compared him to Cassisi. Both strong leaders without being oustanding players

Cassisi comparison is better. These types of players role within the team cannot be understated. People will have their opinons on players like VB but while they continue to be picked in sides, the people that opions matter the most obviously see their value.
by Footy Smart
Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NSW vs SA at SCG

http://m.smh.com.au/comment/phillip-hughes-why-we-ran-the-front-page-photograph-20141126-11u6zk.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nc&eid=socialn%3Atwi-13omn1677-edtrl-other%3Annn-17%2F02%2F2014-edtrs_socialshare-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o%26sa%3DD%26usg%3DALhdy28zsr6qiq

Explanation why they chose to publish the photo on today's front page

I personally dont mind the explentation they have given.

Tend to agree

As distressing as the image is I can help but see the beauty in the compassion and compare that is on display for a fellow human being, sadly it's something I don't think we see enough of In today's society

Cricket is the gentlemens game and there is no greater evidence than this photo

I think when PHIL Hughes looks back on his career and may look at this photo with pride in that his been that respected an opponent and player that this was the care he was shown in his most crucial time

Sorry if this post offends anyone just my opinion

your best post WHUFC..... you are human ;)

As you said, not enough care for a fellow human is shown in today's society. Everyone is to busy with their own importance.
by Footy Smart
Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

im personally looking forward to seeing Brad Crouch, hopefully have a full preseason under his belt. I think he has all the attributes to become a top line midfielder. Needs to fix up his disposal a bit but doesnt have a problem finding the footy and is a powerful athlete.
by Footy Smart
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

yep doesnt hopefully the body stays sound and he can lock down a KP spot.

In the end all that matters is a clubs ability to develop the players. Every player who gets drafted has talent but that talent has to be expanded and improved. there are always hit and misses and lucks a fortune
by Footy Smart
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At TTG our C/Ds played a trial only because they didn’t play last week, plus we have the bye this week meaning they wouldn’t have played for 4 weeks. Anyone who didn’t want to play didn’t have to.
The A/Bs gathered up the club and had a few beers with some fifa tournies etc
Yesterday was also our annual backyard cricket comp which involves 99% of the senior playing group including our 2 redbacks players. I was absent, but from all reports the blokes certainly paid their respects to Phil including singing happy birthday to him at 4.08pm. (ill post a link to the youtube video they normally make from the day)
by Footy Smart
Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steve Smith Australian Test Captain

Great reward for persistence and never say die attitude

Much like Phil Hughes he brings a backyard technique to the game which is refreshing to see

Once again Steve Smith is following in the great dons footsteps

It is a shame WCP and TSG rarely if ever post in the cricket threads

WHUFC you mentioned backyard techniques, a fascinating read is a book called First Tests: Great Australian Cricketers and the Backyards That Made Them.

Quick overview of the book: Australia has dominated test cricket over the last 130 years. But it's not the formal cricket academies or high-end sports coaching that are responsible for the Australian cricket team's winning ways. The backyard has been the real academy of Australian cricket. Don Bradman's unique grip, stance and backlift all evolved in response to the pace at which the golf ball rebounded off the tank stand in his backyard games. Greg Chappell's unique flick off the hip shot came about because the leg side of his backyard wicket offered the best scoring opportunities. Alan Davidson bowled accurately because he had to: if he missed the stumps on his home-made pitch, he had to chase the ball down the hill into the scrub. Doug Walters played spin with ease because his ant-bed backyard pitch spun like a top. Neil Harvey's immaculate footwork came from playing balls darting off cobblestones in his back lane.

Nice, easy read for those who are interested
by Footy Smart
Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Coach Bombay wrote:Reckon Sayers is a better bowler than starc

Unfortunatley for Chaddly he bowls 10kms to slow for international cricket IMO. Starc has the tools to be a very good international bowler.
by Footy Smart
Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

Adelaide

Best Case Scenario - Patrick Dangerfield re-signs and has a career best season on his way to a Brownlow Medal win, forming one of the most lethal midfield combinations with Sam Jacobs and Rory Sloane building towards elite, and Brad Crouch emerging as one of the games stars. Tex Walker relishes in his role as captain and places high in the Coleman Medal race. Talia leads a back 6 brimming with confidence following a breath of fresh air under new coach Phil Walsh, with Adelaide's first look at their 2 pillars in Talia and Lever exciting fans that a weakness is all of a sudden a strength. A cohesive, team first attitude sees Adelaide create massive inroads towards a premiership assault in the coming years.

Worst Case Scenario - Dangerfield accepts a lucrative deal with a Victorian powerhouse. Jacobs and Talia suffer lengthy injuries exposing Adelaide to an obvious lack of depth of key position players, and Phil Walsh's first year in tenure produces inconsistent results, causing Adelaide's fan base to scream sabotage from their cross town rival.

Valleys' final thoughts It's hard to see Adelaide missing the 8 this year. A dream run from a fixture perspective, and what can be described as almost the complete spine, Phil Walsh will be looking to bring a hard nosed, team first approach to this line up. Fresh change often brings out the best in young groups, and with an average age of 24.2, its a matter of getting games into the kids to see the crows become a serious threat in the coming seasons.

Position : 6th
Best & Fairest : Rory Sloane

Young guns to watch : Matt Crouch, Jake Lever

Valleys your always provide a well balanced view on things. Im looking forward to you match reports during the season also.
by Footy Smart
Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Ocean Road

We've just booked our stays, Mt Gambier, Princetown and Anglesea. Now just need to plan a few stops along the way. We travel between 2.5-3 hours each day after Mt Gambier so plenty of time to stop at places along the way.

WLF, yep got a 2012 Subaru Forester with new tyres so should be right for all the road conditions.
by Footy Smart
Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v WA @ Gliderol Stadium

all out 469 - decent team effort without a ton being scored! now see how our trundlers go haha
by Footy Smart
Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

Perhaps SACA should merge with ATCA and in the 2nd season formulate a 10 or 8 team promotion/relegation system.

Clubs will maintain their identity, players that wanna push for state selection will hopefully move to div 1 clubs.
I can hear the scoffing around the Grade Cricket committee table and the SACA board room now......

All that is going to encourage is what happens on a small scale now. Clubs with funds poaching the players of clubs with out funds! Any interstate First Class recruit is only going to speak with 2 or 3 clubs and take which ever one offers him a house rent free or cash to pay rent....
Yep, and the better players play in div 1 so they play against better opposition each week.

Clubs will need to be more financially viable to compete in div 1, we've gotta stop settling for mediocrity. WE can't continue to do the same thing and achieve a different result, we need to force changes.

The reason the majoirty quality players playing ATCA instead of Grade Cricket is either $$ or they cant be arsed with longer days play and harder training sessions. Thats fine and thats their choice. Including ATCA sides to play against Grade sides would achieve nothing. Those quality ATCA players would probably just slide down grades.

IMO the High Performance set up at SACA has long failed many talented young players. Grade Cricket does what it can with the resources it has. They develop the talent at a younger age but its the SACAs job via their HP set up to turn them into First Class players. The AFL has a similar problem with the lower $$ clubs not having enough to spend in their football department. They recruit the 'best' talented kids yet they dont develop them in their HP system.

Also dont get me wrong, i totally agree that there are too many grade clubs. 1 maybe 2 need to go.
by Footy Smart
Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kumar Sangakkara

Yep great thread Boon, better than some of the other tripe you post in the AFL threads ;)
As has been said, he is all class and appears very humble. A true champion and gentleman of the game.
I thoroughly enjoy watching the Sri Lankans bat, Sangakkara, Jayawardene and Dilshan. Dilshan with that over of 6x4s against Mitch Johnson was brilliant.
by Footy Smart
Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woodville in essence this weekend could pick 9 batsman, 2 all rounders, win the toss and bowl, set defensive fields, let TTG bat the first day, force them to make the play, but with no fielding restrictions they can bowl wide of off stump and set fields to that.. then just bat out a day with a side full of batsman and they win the flag..

Surely some sort of compulsory declaration has to be enforced, the side should have at least 80 overs to chase the runs.. I like the idea of the side being able to bat on for 10-15 overs on day 2, leaving 80 overs minimum to chase what they need..

Were quite happy with the rules and understand our position. We messed up last round and lost top spot, thats out fault and our 'bed to lay in'. Last year we won the toss and batted v Woodville in the semi, needing the win. Still achieved that result, so its more than achievable to get the result no matter the rules.

I reckon just about every player in A & B grade (where these rules apply) are happy with the current arrangements and it makes for tougher cricket. Teams used to bowl negatively because they didn't need wickets to win - now they do.

People that are saying the current rules promote negative cricket are clearly out of touch because the opposite is true! We want blokes to be able to bat 4+ hours at the next level and this is the best format to allow it.

Summed up perfectly C Horse. The players dont mind the rules and it adds a bit of strategy and plan execution to the games. This season, Northerns batted to long, leaving us roughly 40 overs (off the top of my head) to get 180-190 odd. We lost a couple quick wickets midway through the chase meaning we then shut up shot to avoid the loss. The ability to play for the draw is important in first class cricket so why not play similar conditions? it really is a non issue IMO
by Footy Smart
Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |