Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

It's no secret that a number of people have left the club during this time, including a favourite son, to the outside this would suggest that the decisions being made regarding the directions of the club have not been seen as favourable these people in particular
One of the decisions saved more players than it lost
by Ace of Spades
Sun May 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Buzzy is awake and appear to be on the mend which is great and should be out if intensive care tomorrow if he keeps improving.

He was standing the mark in a competitive drill and smothered the kick with ball hitting him pretty hard but nothing out of the ordinary, at this stage it appears to be a freak accident where the ball hit him in exactly the wrong stop at exactly the wrong time.
by Ace of Spades
Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My view is that finishing bottom is acceptable if the club fosters a community environment that is inclusive to those who live there. If the family enjoys going to their sport on Saturdays, does a club really need to throw around volunteer/donor generated money for their own self indulgence?

Let's not forget senior footy is a competitive sport, it's not really acceptable to finish bottom.
by Ace of Spades
Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don’t quote this or hold this to myself, but talking to a certain Hamley person this morning at work in Hamley, Quote (I think we may be holding a special meeting soon to decide our future due too only 5/6 players attending training, coach not being happy) surely every club struggles for players at training this time of year, find this hard to believe but after recent events (no money from concert and hearing big money still to be paid) the league couldn’t afford Hamley leaving. Maybe someone from Hamley can enlighten the situation
Have noticed some more clearances from them today, another couple to the Barossa. Anyone know which club Appleton heading to?
Strangely I noticed Schahingers clearance has been cancelled, change of heart or just wanting to go to a differant club?
Appleton coming back to South
All jumping ship when things look tough. The ticker of these local Hamley lads is a shame. Hopefully the club doesn't also take the easy option.
by Ace of Spades
Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is a bit concerning what may be happening at the Bridge. Not that we couldnt all see it coming. If you wanna blow all your money on a 3 yr premiership window, then you really need to hang around when things are tough. Otherwise they shouldve invested all that money on ensuring the club is around long term. They have a responsibility to the league they are playing in. This league cannot afford to lose a club!! To hear they may be having a meeting to decide their future is very disappointing....WTF Agree with Ace, where is the ticker???

Interesting point you make, so what would be your suggestions (and please take this as a genuine question, Im not trying to take the piss)???

From what I understand they actually subsidized a lot of the fees for their juniors (from Auskick to Colts level). So what other ideas do you suggest the club do for long term sustainability.

Lets not forget their JC made the GF this year, so they have been putting work into their junior program. I heard they were strongly pushing for Joint Registration for juniors with the BLG but the BLG were not forthcoming.

The ground has come along in leaps and bounds over the last 5 years. They are in the process of trying to upgrade the Community Centre, but waiting on grants from the Gov can be tiresome.

The problem for Hamley is there is a huge gap in local players at the senior age bracket. You just can't make numbers appear from nowhere. Everyone had a crack at Hamley when the won how many wooden spoons on the trot, the club didn something about it, won a flag and still everyone wants to criticise. Everyone was happy to bag the president who tipped in money then seem awfully surprised when he leaves they wont have as much money around the club.

It seems they are an easy target for everyone to sit back and have a go at, but noone seems to offer any suggestions of how they improve.
I think you're missing the point.

Whilst there is no doubt putting all the eggs in one basket wasn't an ideal long term plan, I'm not sure anyone bagged the President, in fact it was commendable what one family will do to keep the club going. The pity is that whilst one guy is willing to tip in money which could've bought him a new boat, a number of others wont even invest their time in the club and will play elsewhere for money or to jump on someone else's premiership wagon. I understand it was well known the Prez was pulling the pin at the end of 2014 so I would've thought a lot of effort would've been put into fundraising throughout last year to provide for this year?

Perhaps the senior subs should've been reduced too. I think yours (previously yours) are over $200 from memory or around about anyway? Ours are $70. Lack of locals is an issue for sure, but Hamley aren't the the only ones in this boat. We all want Hamley to survive, so again I reiterate its a pity a number of locals aren't hanging around.

I have no idea if all of these are leaving or staying, I'd say some are staying, but If Schahinger, Smith, Zanendrea (i don't really count him as local but if its good enough for Bushy it's good enough for me), Would (granted he has valid reasons), Appleton, Slok, Natt (been around long enough to chuck in this category) are around in 2015 they would have a good base to start with.

Hopefully Hamley pull through and pick up a couple more "Nattys" who fit well in the group and stay for the mateship not just the cash. It will be a pity if the only ones to ever see your premiership photo hanging in the Community Centre are the Dalkey tennis club. I'd like to think there are 18 blokes in the club that would rather play 2 games a week than let that happen.
by Ace of Spades
Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it was last night, 1 player, free to play.
by Ace of Spades
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's going to be another ordinary day on Saturday by the looks - windy and wet. Hopefully they close the roof at Long Plains

Putting the finishing touches on it tonight / tomorrow morning.

The weather should hopefully bring the scores closer, which will suit us being the very heavy underdogs.

I was thinking the same thing,.... but I'm pretty sure SportsBet have us as the "very heavy underdogs". :D

Lets just agree you're both carrying too much, but Longies are the under dogs
by Ace of Spades
Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pathetic. League need to increase fines and suspensions for those that don't play, these games mean everything to the competitions, more important then any club game could ever be.
Pffft, I hope your tongue was firmly in your cheek, these mickey mouse games mean nothing and for the majority are not any where near as important as a club game
by Ace of Spades
Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was of the opinion MC was right there, unless I've misread the constitution the delegates can over turn a board decision at the following meeting?

Meanwhile, I'd be thinking Angle Vale would be quite strong in the seniors in the not too distant future with potentially 100s of zero point players who have played 20 games of juniors for them..?
by Ace of Spades
Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We had our annual Heath Pym awards on Friday night,

Heath was generous enough to let Adrian Mills win the Runner up trophy.

7 in a row for the second best Pym to play the game. 5 more needed to beat his old man (Shagga didn't win them all in a row though).

I know nothing about the Adelaide Plains league but has a bloke really won 7 in a row.

Yep, let me know if you want his number :lol: , could probably hunt down Big Nik's too!
by Ace of Spades
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We can all vote on to dismiss AV, might as well dismiss junior association as well (yes the APFL is more than just A Grade, though you wouldn't know it) and then what??? I hope all you powers to be have a good 5yr plan for the APFL to survive?? Or do we go back to just limping along yr after yr, I know I don't hold much credit in this league( or here) but being around the APFL 22yrs I would hate to see it disappear in the future and clubs along with it, yep-really hope you guys have a good idea hiding somewhere.

Dare I ask why you think the APFL is all about the A grade and not the juniors? And perhaps how you think losing 3k a week if good for the Association? Maybe we should have put more effort into assistance to sustain the current clubs instead of the easy solution of replacing them ?
by Ace of Spades
Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big fella from the rams was trying to hedbut
BG then RS joined in an wacked him
Umpire VH 3rd umpire was shocked when BJ
said here's the card go get 14 and sin bin him and that's what I saw
About time well done BJ
2 different incidents, the first dried up then RS wacked the little number 5 in the bread basket off the ball, BG headed over to advise that wasn't very nice of him, RS then wacked BG, then umpire advised that wasn't very nice. (allegedly)
by Ace of Spades
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angle Vale wanted to enter our comp to “have what we have” with country football’s family event atmosphere opposed to SAAFL. They will never achieve this without netball, and unfortunately are currently diminishing the experience for those 7 clubs who do.

Nothing against AV for wanting in, why wouldn’t you, but unfortunately these issues which where foreseen before AV were allowed in (netball, junior numbers etc etc) were dismissed at the time. No good complaining now, those 4 clubs that voted them in have to put up with it, as do the clubs who weren’t up for it on the first place.
by Ace of Spades
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I never said he didn’t cop shit for it :D
by Ace of Spades
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Meanwhile, I must apologise to Mallala, I’ve always thought they must pay their players too much, but when they are forced to bring their own beers to footy in order to survive I really feel bad now, perhaps we should organise a fundraiser?
by Ace of Spades
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure I've seen a team sheet floating around from last year where he played as a 2 pointer?

There you go Ace, follow that link and it'll confirm that last year was a 2 point player

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?c=1-7180-0-428244-0&pool=1001&fixture=124950087&a=PPA#/
If only the league had access to the internet
by Ace of Spades
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hoping they fold is a little small minded IMO. I hope they keep sticking it out, small country towns rely on footy and netball clubs for not just sporting opportunity but social opportunities , together with the value of bringing an extra 400 people to a small town on a Saturday is surely higher than the embarrassment you feel for the league after winning by 40 goal against players and volunteers who rock up week after week to support their club knowing full well the chance of winning is slim. I’m not sure that lengths the association and Community Football League are going to to support these struggling clubs by way of training in club management, recruitment and retention of Juniors etc but I certainly think this should be a focus as opposed to changing the rules every 2 years on how many times someone has to represent the association before they can avoid playing footy on a long weekend.
by Ace of Spades
Sun May 19, 2019 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

exactly, unless as number7 says a freeze is put on clearances out of those laegues or as Yankalilla have done, gone it alone on pulling the pin a freeze should be put on any clearances out of Yankallila.
As you can see it will get very messy, just cancel the whole season everywhere except juniors, they could be playing now. they wouldnt even have to train, they could just play on weekends

I think they should still be allowed to play as a "loan player" until 2021 then their registration returns to Yankalilla.

I was going to suggest the same thing, you can't stop someone moving clubs if they want to play footy, a loan scenario like soccer would be perfect for this season.
I cant see how a loan system would be any different result. The players still head to another club, and get talked into staying the following year and lodge a clearance in 2021.
by Ace of Spades
Thu May 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

15 points is probably lots in the Barossa where you have a population
by Ace of Spades
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |