some great fueds from the past and a couple of new ones growing
maybe the best division going next season
a lot of people will be trying to be apart of it
by dee man
Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2013/14

fanta wrote:Any chance of you two girls stfu? (Froffies & FL2FL) The only thing im concluding from reading this rubbish is that you're both idiots. Start another forum and ruin that one.

Quack.
by FroffiesMcVeigh
Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Yes correct after 2 years i have decided not to coach Angle Vale in 2014 my heart was not in it even thou i had a verbal commitment in the time from Wednesday after the GF i had not put pen to paper so an opportunity arised and i jumped at it, and have taken up a position with Trinity Old Scholars helping Scott the playing coach out.
I look forward to the move to Div 5 with the possiblity of coaching the A grade in 2015 as it will be Scott's last year next season 2014.

Looking forward to being able to give a chance to a few players to come across and have a crack at a higher division.
Some position in football fall into place and the move to Trinty has happened with some good timing with a good mate Luke Mcracken coaching the B grade it was like abit of a package deal to get both of us.
Looking forward to the soild commitment that the players from Trinity give every season and work with such a young committee made up of players who help run and play for the club.

All up i wish Angle Vale the best in Div 6 the step up is going to be hard. And the committment from players and club has to lift over 100% to stay up in the higher div.

Now i get to move to the Div 5 Thread.
Gotta look after numero uno , good opportunity, best of luck with TOS
Interesting....Does this also apply to Wayne Knowles Phantom?
by The Riddler
Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I Got 5th best on ground in Under 11s at Elizabeth eagles and was awarded a voucher for a happy meal.
by westy
Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Suns #9 wrote:Johnny Ritzema 19 wickets in 2 and a half matches in Units B grade; (4/21&5/43, 5/14, 5/29). What does one man have to do to get an A grade game and replace Jason Hewitt as number 1 spinner?

Stop blocking Fenwicks path to the BBQ??
by Lucky For Some
Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shaun 'diesel' Jacobsen to play in the country this year as he is still stuck their after filling his car up with diesel instead of petrol
by bubba love
Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interestingly Virginia certainly offered Solly considerably more than United are paying. Not sure if that speaks more about Jamie or more about Virginia? Anyway, as a player, i like to think that im playing in a strong country footy league. The better the players that come to this league then the stronger we are i guess. While we are not at same standard as BL&G, we are not that far behind anymore.
Definately infront of YPFL, NEFL & NAFL. Just my opinion but i guess we should expect to be as we are closer to Adelaide?

how much YPFL & NEFL footy have you watched?? id be surprised if the top 3-4 teams from both of them leagues werent as good as your top 3-4 teams last year?
by Rama_Army09
Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For anyone bored on here, check this out.
Wore a GoPro on my head while keeping and got some half decent footage of a good mate of mine taking 6/9.
Have a look.
http://youtu.be/vCxi0x898F0
by FroffiesMcVeigh
Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Far out didn't take you long to let that out. :roll:

Not confirmed yet anyway but doesn't look good. Scan Wednesday when the swelling goes down
Any news on this carey? I heard you've had the scan, have the results come back?

No good.

Not good mate .... Give it away you stubborn prick !!! So much easier sucking beers
by Freo HeaveHo
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On top of that, i think coaches are bigger mercenaries than players.. so many coaches that have good influence and player contacts, swoop in and win flags and then take the players plus maybe few more and move onto the next club.

Maybe those play for pay players weren't sold on what the Club had to offer and weren't encouraged enough to stay per your previous post...or maybe its just democracy in action (like it or not)....... ;)

I would think Club Committee's would have an expectation for new coaches to have the ability to recruit notwithstanding how and from where..... There job is after all is to win flags...is it not.... :)
Their job is definitely to win flags, but to also nurture the young players, bridge the gap between players and be more than just someone who blows in for a flag and goes..

i honestly think some coaches go to where they think the best chance to win a flag is out.. not too many keen on a challenge these days and want to knuckle down and create something from nothing.
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Phantom,

Just a quick one for you................ Oh Hang on that's right LOL =)) =)) =))
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watch out Yank Man the great man Carey is straight back in the "A" grade on Saturday, is he too good for the " B" grade. :)
by Demon Juke
Thu May 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demon Juke wrote:Watch out Yank Man the great man Carey is straight back in the "A" grade on Saturday, is he too good for the " B" grade. :)

Well You wouldn't drive a Ferrari in the mud! Lol :lol:
by carey
Thu May 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yank Man wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:nah, I just liked the fat old guy bit :lol:

Yeah sorry carey it was a bit harsh. Just give you the heads up but, stick to somewhere around the middle cos all our clumsy ones are in the defensive 50 and forward 50. ;)

He would need a map and a compus to even find his own backline
by Executive Member
Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/blackfriars-old-scholars-beat-angle-vale-in-division-six-amateur-league-by-70-goals/story-fnii08h3-1226930901347

I don't understand how paying players gets mentioned in this story, or why clubs that don't pay players wear it as a badge of honour.

When asked why is the club not going well, the answer is not 'because we don't pay players' it's 'no one (or no one good) wants to play for us'. Clubs obviously invest their $$ in whatever they think is best for the club, if they think paying players vs facilities, equipment, juniors etc is the best way to do it, then why wouldn't you?

If you say 'we would like to pay players, but we dont have the $$', the answer is still not 'because we don't pay players' its 'we can't raise enough money to be competitive'. So your club off field is too weak vs the competition.

If you want people to play for the love of the club vs $$, you have to make your club more valuable to those people than the $$ they are being offered. So if they leave its still not because you dont pay players, its because the players don't value the club highly enough. And really, how much can div 7 footballers be paid? Surely stuff all, so if they are leaving to get paid stuff all elsewhere, they must not care too much about the club.

Jetters just took over from B4E. Try not paying your superstars Jetters and see how long they hang around. Sometimes I wonder about you champ.

FC can we PLEASE PLEASE have PG back, at least his crap comes from Div 6. :)
by Yank Man
Sun May 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Good to hear some common sense prevailed!
by Dogs Breakfast
Sun May 25, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace of Spades wrote:
Snags wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Snags wrote:Huge losses if that's the truth on the hamley saga..

I'm hearing that things are about to explode at the bridge.

Any facts behind it all?

I believe they are, how do you say, "taking the piss"

Agreed and it looks like a few have ran with it! :lol:
by carey
Thu May 29, 2014 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:TW 40+
HB 1-39
V 40+

Hamley will struggle to win this weekend.

Oh shit. Mal 1-39
by mighty hounds
Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:Schapel

Pay attention I've got him HFF
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All umpires are crap.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So how many people out there would umpire a game of football for nothing?? Why does the SAAFL have a prescribed fee that the clubs should pay towards their umpires??
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pym gets 3 votes when longies get flogged he is the dead set cert or favourite
by hairy cat
Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cant give an explanation why we played flat 20min quarters but its something that I will need to address tomorrow night.

Thanks to Schelly and all the Ingle Farm lads who come in and had a drink after the game on Saturday. Was good to see so many familiar faces and to have a chat and beer with was great. Good to see Old Farmer once more and sink a couple of cold ones with ya mate. What was said in your rooms after the game i truly meant, and i will be follieing with a very close eye over the next 2 months.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aside from the Bain explosion, 1 week suspension for abusive language is hardly anything to crucify a club for.. The fact 1 bloke has stained the whole image of the club trying there utmost to change it is a shame.. So Jetters, ship off back to div 3 and get off CU's case
by human_torpedo
Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpieeagle wrote:Get out of the way, here comes the pecker train!!!!

That train has a new conductor I hear... ?
by Skip Dimes
Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple of Virginia boys ventured out to watch Two Wells v Hamley on the weekend and had 'a couple' of froffies and ended up in both the Hamley Bridge and Two Wells change rooms straight after the game. Rumour has it Two Wells weren't overly impressed with the lads and kicked them out. Hamley on the other hand managed to sign them up for season 2015
by THACHY_7
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You have 100% lost the plot Morell
by Freo HeaveHo
Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Possible Vacant A Grade Coaching positions 2015 in SAAFL

HI All,

Any word on A grade coaching positions that may become available in 2015 ???
Feel free to P.M. me if required. Cheers.
by jet-airport
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible Vacant A Grade Coaching positions 2015 in SAAFL

Out of curiosity can any Senior Coach in the SAAFL beat Garry Mcintosh's longevity (at 10 years)?
by jo172
Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hamley Bridge Football and Netball Clubs are holding a music festival 'Rock The Bridge' on the 14th February 2015. Hope to see you all there!
by magpieeagle
Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aren't Central United staying in Div 6, giffo?
by S Demon
Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, looking unlikely that Flinders Uni will field teams next year?
by Q.
Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Waite will poll pretty well. Mansell from Moonta is my favorite. And....never dismiss the great man from Kadina Craig Tickets Taylor!
by Dogs Breakfast
Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to all sides and players competing in this weekends Grand Finals.

Congratulations to BOS and Rosewater on earning promotion.

Also would like to apologise to Mawson Lakes and everyone involved at the club for my continual harrassing and shit canning of the club over the course of the season. It was immature and stupid of me, uncalled for and unwarranted. #3 - you are correct, I can dish it out, but I don't take it very well.

Wish you all the best for the future, and i'm sure with the people you have involved at your club you will bounce back next season.

Goodbye peeps, have a safe and enjoyable Summer 8) :-H
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Another coach from Ingle Farm gone. This time for affairs outside the football club.
Must be very frustrating having to find another new coach, but this presents a great opportunity for someone to cruise in and lead a club that is in a pretty strong position. Plenty of young talent to work with.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Junior coach wrote:How much is to get into the game tomorrow. And is there any way of getting a esky into the ground with out getting caught.

Yep, take it in empty and buy beer from the bar.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

The players don't get paid in preseason so neither should the coaches.

As for 20-30 hours a week I find that hard to believe. Here is what I see. 2 hours Tuesday night, 2 hours Thursday night, 4 hours Saturday and 2 hours selecting players. 10 hours. There might e a few coaches who tape games and watch them again. Another 2 hours for them. However you are not going over tapes from other teams, watching there practice or getting scout reports. 12 hours is about the
Most I can see. Would love to know where the other hours are spent?

I used to get to training at (leave home just after 5 and pick up the assistant coach) 5.30 and leave about 8, or 8.30 (get home at 8.15 - 8.45), Tuesday and Thursday. I used to travel to get there, another 15 mins each way. I used to plan the session on Tuesday and Thursday, another 15-30 mins per night. Then Saturday, try and take in as much as possible on a Saturday. For some, that would be 12.30 onward. For me, it was more, leave at 1 get wherever at 1.15 or 1.30, then stay through till presentation (6.30) and then chat with club officials, sponsors or players. So that makes it Tuesday 3 - 3.5, Thursday 3 - 3.5, Saturday anything from 5 to 8.

And really, that's fine. I didn't expect anything less. Conservatively that's about 12 hours in a week (or 16 depending on how conservative you are. But then there is all the other stuff;

Organising medical assessments
Discussing rehab options for injured players
Determining options for non financial players (can they be picked? how do we manage them?)
Discussing options with medical staff for injured players
Discussing game plans with assistant coaches
Ensuring players who weren't at training know about 'x, y and z' discussed at training
Travel for players to and from games
Board meetings
Meeting Sponsors
Speaking to juniors about 'coming up' grades
Watching junior games
Recruiting or feeling out players
Talking to potential sponsors
Talking to B graders about playing A grade

Saturday's for me used to start at 8am with players pulling out or notifying me that they were ok to play. From there, it was on!

The above list would happen 90% of the time with varying degrees of time taken for each category depending on what happened the previous week.

I've just been an assistant at a SAAFL club (for nix) and I would've put 10 hours a week in from January through till now. And I'm not the coach!

As players, you never see what goes on in a coaches world. I suggest you do that one day. It's enlightening!
by gadj1976
Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

Yank Man wrote:While we're on the subject, and this a genuine enquiry, what are people's thoughts on what a B grade coach should get. Roundabout is cool.

$1,200-$2,000 Range
by carey
Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Mawson Lakes FC
Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MAWSON LAKES FOOTBALL CLUB

A Grade Senior Coach Division 6 SAAFL

Mawson Lakes Football Club thanks Wayne Knowles for his time & commitment for this season and wish him all the best for the future.
Accordingly, applications are sought for the position of A Grade Senior Coach for 2015.

Applicants will require:

1. proven leadership skills;
2. great communication skills;
3. an ability to manage & develop a young playing group; &
4. a willing to both promote and install a winning culture across whole club.

All Applications to: mawsonlakesfc@gmail.com
Applications close Friday 17th October 2014

For more information please contact Mark Chilvers on 0404 066 183

So Corey Ah Chee hasn't singed yet???
by carey
Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Yeah Days that's the one. Very handy for them. Will score well in this comp. he should bat top 3 for them. Watched him play from a junior all the way to now. Scored a double ton in juniors. Be a very close comp this year I reckon. Roll on round 1. Goodluck all!!
by Papas
Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Can we have a poll on the W. knowles cup FC?
by Esteban Vihaio
Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
norm11 wrote:Hahaha. Fair enough mate. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Has the heart the size of a pea, an ego the size of the planet and the worst attitude I've ever seen at a cricket game, apart from them slight flaws I'm sure he'll be a handy pick up.

Described half the sandy creek team ;)
by scud
Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Browny25 wrote:When are Mawsons due to announce their new coach?

When Corey Ah Chee gives in.... ;)
by carey
Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bill Fuller back to take the controls at the Hanger...?
by RooShootOhh
Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep young Daniel Koch is a 14 year old up from our Under 14's last year. Quality young kid who loves his cricket. Gebauer is another young bat who has been around the PDCA traps for the past few years. For those that may know the long serving Craigmore great Rob Howe, it's his lad. Has showed some really good stuff in the first two games.
As for the odds, Angaston are surely even money with Freeling at $1.20
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nocyrils wrote:Did bill fuller put in for kadina coach next year. Surely not. Taylor out for most of if not all of next year. Requires knee reconstruction

Is Taylor a chance for the top job at the Bloods given he will be unable to be a part of the action on field with his knee?
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So you would've made the same call as the square leg did? Then why call the square leg a disgrace and a f***ing cheat. I don't have a cheating bone in my body and play the game honestly and fairly, I don't have a problem firing my team mates if I think it's out. I didn't think Bill was out, but hey why don't the association spend some money and supply GoPro cameras for square leg umpires.
Bring on next week
by cokadonkeytoo
Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |