Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: EP Football - PLFL, GFFL, MWFL, FWFL, EEFL

I think they might be referring to Alwyn Davey (ex Essendon) not Aaron
I actually heard rumblings of this a few months ago. What about Burgoyne & Motlop? Just bull****?

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/australian-football/territory-thunder-secures-alwyn-davey-for-2014-season/story-fnk2to87-1226786117562
by the star
Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

Amazing to think its only taken 12 hours for everyone on here to really only talk about his weight, KFC, Hungry Jacks etc. The bloke is a quality cricketer (and bloke for that matter), these types of comments are ridiculous and are unrequired. Lets just let him score his runs and not snipe him when he isnt scoring runs because apparently he is overweight. Thrived down in Tasmania and at Glamorgan and at club level when the coaches told him runs are what you get picked on. He is no hack recruit like some of SACA's in the past, lets embrace him back in SA cricket and get around a home grown product in the SACA sides.
by the star
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Tas at Glenelg

whufc wrote:Lol at Ferg

Glad he read my posts and stood up when it counted

Peaheart
by the star
Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Tony Clifton wrote:Hundred to Tyson Bray from Northerns. Was that his debut?

Yeah it was his debut, not a bad way to start! Sharing a 260 run partnership with Cosgrove you can only imagine would have added 10 games of experience to the young fella.

Notice Ludeman had a bowl as well!
by the star
Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should lower grades and juniors be playing Twenty20 matches? Seems odd that your first ever game of it is at A Grade level.
Think it's time to think about a 2nd Grade comp.....double headers on a Sunday. If you can't find 11 blokes keen for a game from 2nd, 3rd or 4th grade then there is something wrong!
Double headers would be awesome. Very rare for cricketers to see their club mates play whereas at a footy club it happens every single week.

This is something that happens in Vic Prem. On the weekend the 1st and 2nds played double headers along with the 3rds and 4ths. Not to sure how often they do it but I think it was apart of the normal competition.
by the star
Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cossie still playing at Jets. Being used as a high performance batting consultant one night a week according to Adelaide’s Facebook page.

Hats off to Cosgrove for his loyalty to Northerns and good he can share knowledge in his coaching roles and still play on a weekend.
Remarkable can’t think of that ever happening before. Hags would be happy to let kelvin smith be the batting coach at Woodville wouldn’t he?
Must be paying cosy well

Just about every up and coming opposition leg spinner in world cricket spent time with Shane Warne after a test series. Nathan Lyon recently went to Victorian State training whilst in a state hub in Adelaide and worked with Todd Murphy. Plenty of similar interactions after big bash matches with local players and opposition overseas players of same skill set. I reckon this type of things (formally or informally) happens pretty regularly in high level cricket.

It is definitely what Mark knows best - batting - has a few of these types of roles currently or in the past SACA, DLCA, ND, NT Strike League. If a person is professional enough to manage several clubs trainings and they are the best person for the job then good luck to them! As for the loyalty I couldn't imagine him playing at another Premier club - wouldn't be surprised if Salisbury Oval was one day renamed the Mark Cosgrove Oval.
by the star
Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

Kahuna wrote:For anyone who can be bothered searching, it has just been mentioned on the radio that Bairstow tried a similar stumping dismissal on Labushagne day 4 when he was 7. Hypocrite, thy name is Johnny.

https://www.facebook.com/590745460/vide ... 114282210/
by the star
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |