Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Bring caps in and kids will go to soccer and basketball, is that what we want?
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you are not convinced?? If kids cannot play with their mates they will go elsewhere. Have a look in E/town backyard.. Before you tell me I have NFI.. I have 2 nephews (unfortunately) playing at E/town juniors. It is a mind set I want to play with my friends.. Not where some old bugger tells me I should be playing..
by vics01
Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Bugga me an under 11 side losing a Grand Final.... Nobody got zapped by a lightening bolt....

https://fbcdn-video-j-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xft1/v/t42.1790-2/11778328_507723519403911_698289480_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjk4MSwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=981&vabr=545&oh=d2cadb6e256c7ac77987f967e7ad0f90&oe=55C741DA&__gda__=1439121798_b9379d93721c69220652ac0eb824dbd3

We must protect the children from the evils of competitive sport.

The basis of the AFL's 'This is our game' policy was a survey they conducted with a range of junior players with questions such as:
Do you like it when you lose?
Is it more fun when you get more kicks?
Do you like it when adults tell you that you did the wrong thing?
Do you enjoy sitting on the bench?
Do you play football because it is fun?
Pretty obvious the responses to those

Maybe a similar study should be done into our school system:
Do you like when it is school holidays?
Do you like it when a teacher tells you off for doing something wrong?
Do you like doing homework?
etc etc
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It might also be an idea for clubs who are struggling with junior numbers to come and have a look at how the likes of Reynella go about running their junior program. Playing with your mates does play a role, so does parents who have had a positive experience at a club talking to other parents.
Yes Reynella do it well at the moment, as do Happy Valley, Flaggies and Brighton. It's all about a positive culture, football runs a distant second to that.
Strong clubs are all about people, and using football as a medium to make young men into great citizens.
Parents look at clubs as a whole, the clubs mentioned above work extremely hard on their culture and their overall image.
Something several clubs don't seem to get!
by Boof
Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It might also be an idea for clubs who are struggling with junior numbers to come and have a look at how the likes of Reynella go about running their junior program. Playing with your mates does play a role, so does parents who have had a positive experience at a club talking to other parents.
Yes Reynella do it well at the moment, as do Happy Valley, Flaggies and Brighton. It's all about a positive culture, football runs a distant second to that.
Strong clubs are all about people, and using football as a medium to make young men into great citizens.
Parents look at clubs as a whole, the clubs mentioned above work extremely hard on their culture and their overall image.
Something several clubs don't seem to get!

Great post Boof! "Positive culture" is something that the long serving Flaggies president has been going on about for many years and whilst we have had outstanding junior success that is now transitioning into the seniors, whilst being maintained at junior levels. Like you said its about people, footy runs a distant second, and we are blessed at Flaggies to have many many great people.
by King
Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boof wrote:Time spent in prison might explain why he came from behind!!!

It might explain one incident. What explains the past 20 years at HFC?
by Esteban Vihaio
Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Take your blinkers off Moe - anyone would think your mob are a bunch of saints and I dont mean the Christies type :shock:

Why dont you concentrate on fixing your club getting some juniors and a B grade that score more than a point. :shock: :shock: :shock:
You forgot to mention our pasty shaped oval & the over hanging tree as well.
Our B grade might have only scored a point, but we fielded a side.
We also have juniors as well, just not the "full contingent" on Saturdays like we all keep being reminded about by everyone.
Our Auskick is strong, under 8's, 10's, 12's, 16's & 18's.
We have 4 primary schools which feed us players, only 1 of those has a football program.
We have 1 high school in our zone, which doesn't have a sports program let alone football.
We draw players from Sacred Heart, which puts college football first.
We are busting our nuts trying to get juniors, trust me I know as I am a junior coach.
Since Glengowrie High closed in 1987 our senior colt numbers have never recovered. Before that our senior colts were very strong. I know as I played in an Under 18 premiership.
Maybe change your name to "Mister I have no effing idea about Footy".
by Moe
Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its not just about the players on their home deck. Its the revenue boost a club gets on the back of having your a grade playing at home.
But I'll take shoe boy at his word. They didn't tank for this home game and to avoid playing reynella? ;)
by tigerpie
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to the MPFC's U/18's today. They beat the combined Noarlunga / Aldinga side today. For a club with a "poor" junior program placing within the top six of the highest junior grade may make a few posters rethink..... Then again, probably not. :roll: out the knockers
by Esteban Vihaio
Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

So my mail on the SHoe is that Obviously Barry Pilmore is number 1 choice and so he should be. But if baz does not wish to coach again they have already courted and by reports have been for a few years Sam Mahony to replace Mitts. Mahony wants to return to SFL and works with our infamous mate Shoeboy.

Have also heard Mahony is interested in Cove job as well.

Is this so-called replacement for Paul Crate a certain someone who has coached A grade before at McLaren Vale?? Whoever Christies choose has massive shoes to fill and hopefully they continue the great work done by Cratey. Not much has been mentioned about Christies finishing 6th with the amount of injuries they had.

Mahony has several clubs chasing his services.
Would almost make sense that Sam would look at the Cove job with a few ex-Cove players on his payroll, would then be able to bring back 3 players all 0 points!
Smart from Cove's point of view to do what they have to get him in that roll!!!
by Panther32
Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |