Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: 2013 SANFL GRAND FINAL Norwood v Nth Adelaide

It's been a while since I've seen this mentioned -
NORWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB 2013 PREMIERS!!
Hey! We were debating bandwagoning, could you not interrupt?
Rude bastard.
Well said 'trb'.
Take note Fester, we will no longer tolerate such pathetic, one-eyed, egotistical bastardry !

Get it right man !!!

NORWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB
PREMIERS 2012, 2013, 2014 and counting !!!
:-BD
by SABRE
Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

dedja wrote:I have a media release ready but I'll hold off for now so I don't get a life ban from the club ... :lol:

That sounds official !
Good luck with Glenelg in 2014 coach Dedja !
8)
by SABRE
Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

Would Trevor Hill be likely to get a 2nd chance at the parade?
Norwood fans wouldn't let him back in the venue, I would think?!!
According to rumour, some RSL men really want to bankroll the new members facility at Coopers.
They're also Norwood members and are desperate to get Hilly back for Wednesday night target practice with 303's.
Sorry Topsy, the groundsmen say rifles only, no rocket launchers allowed.
;)
by SABRE
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

MEDIA RELEASE

Dedja set to make his mark at Glenelg

Former Snouts bandwagoner, Dedja, has been appointed to the position as Senior Coach of the Glenelg Football Club for the next three years.

Dedja was appointed by the Glenelg Football Club Board of Directors, following the strong recommendation by the highly credentialed Selection Committee, established to ensure the best possible coach was appointed to steer the club forward.

The selection committee undertook a comprehensive selection process in which Football Director Justin Scripps, Graham Cornes, Peter Carey and President Nick Chigwidden, were unanimous that Dedja was the man to coach the Club in 2014 and beyond, with a focus of recognising and developing our young list and maximizing their potential.

Dedja has SFA accomplishments but the club is broke so thought what the hell.

Dedja's wealth of talking crap at both AFL and SANFL levels, combined with his lack of general knowledge of the game and edumacation gives
the Glenelg Football Club great excitement and positiveness for the immediate and future direction.

This must be a hoax !
:(
Sorry 'Dedj', you're far too honest and way, way over-qualified.
Try the AFL mate !
:-BD
by SABRE
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach - Ben Warren appointed

There seem to be a great many tits (i.e. knockers) on here who fail to acknowledge the long, powerful, poignant & respectful history
between the South Adelaide & Norwood Football Clubs. Ancient boundary lines, player retention & margins are still bones of contention
for many lovers of ‘Eternal Football in South Australia’. Let other ‘minor clubs’ please take note.
AND, let NO ONE forget South Adelaide won the very 1st Premiership in our ‘stand alone’ association !

Yes, Norwood is the only club to ever win 6 flags on the trot from the start, but South Adelaide will always be remembered for
winning the very first. They must ALWAYS be respected for that. Knowledgeable and caring Norwood fans will forever be disgusted
by the disgraceful treatment of the South Adelaide Football Club by the ‘Association’ and subsequent ‘League’ zoning stupidities !

Over the years, quite a number of Norwood players had the name Warren. Connections are yet to be proven, but what is truly
substantive and demonstratively magnificent in this thread, are the number of South Adelaide faithful who have quite rightly shown
respect and good wishes to one of their very own. Ben Warren gave of his all for The Panthers in a time of utter loss. He was physically
destroyed by amazingly loyal efforts, way above and beyond his body’s capabilities. Only after recuperating, when offered a new
opportunity for much deserved success, did he try yet again.

I applaud any and all South Adelaide supporters who wish Ben Warren well after he gave of his all for you. If ANY Norwood man takes
you to a long overdue Premiership, I would quite happily applaud a ‘Blue & White’ unveiling of The West End chimney while SAFC fans
go utterly beserk ! May it happen very soon, but never against Norwood.
;)

Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JAS

It was about a year ago today that many truly caring, loving people, found out that Jacqueline Ann Schwier (JAS) had passed away.

Despite all the hours of painstaking moderation this Angel gave this site, and others, there are still a few remaining ‘Arseholes’ who should hang their heads in shame.

Those who still love this utterly gorgeous human being will always remember that she only sought to serve, honestly and fairly, just as she had in the ‘Falklands War’. How could anyone treat such a beautiful person so badly? Luckily, there were only a few f**kwits who treated this Angel unfairly. Fortunately, those who chose to ridicule, torture or upset JAS in the year of her death are a pathetic minority, way beyond belief & contempt. Good Aussies, should take a moment to remember this brave and unselfish woman, who, with complete and utter dedication, fought terminal cancer, silently, bravely, and tragically, on her own.

Thank you for just being you JAS.

Good and decent people will always love you and remember you.

I luv you Jax, and always will.
Sabre xox.
by SABRE
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christmas

I hope you’ve all had a better Xmas than me.
Everything was going beautifully on Xmas eve. I was getting nicely full of ‘Xmas Spirit’ and Fort Battle-Axe was being almost nice,
when suddenly everything went wrong. There’s no way I’ll ever try to be romantic again !

You know that old tradition about kissing under the mistletoe? Well, feeling that warm and fuzzy Xmas cheer, I thought,
why not bury the hatchet and give the old girl some of that long forgotten love and attention I’ve been avoiding.

WRONG !

Suddenly I was on the floor in pain after she slapped me across the room with a dynamite left hook !
I ask you, is it really so bad when a bloke has a few drinks and gets his expressions mixed up ?

All I said was …… “Hey Fort, how would you like a big sloppy kiss under the cameltoe?”

:cry:
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

Have to say it was a lonely place to be as a Glenelg supporter, lucky to have been 50 of us there.
:(
I was thinking exactly the same thing during the 1st quarter with only about 50 odd in black n gold. Not everyone wears
club colours, so maybe 100 or so Bay folk. Still very disappointing, you'd expect a crowd of at least 3 or 4 thousand at a Redlegs
Vs Tigers game. Congratulations to the Glenelg faithful who did go. You are what football is all about and when 'the wheel turns',
as it surely will, you will be the ones to enjoy the spoils all the more for your dedication. We know the feeling !

I'm pretty proud of the Norwood crew who congregate around the players race as the winners and losers trudge off too.
Except for one peanut who called an inoffensive jibe and was hushed, we just watched the Bay boys quietly leave. Everyone
knew Glenelg had been flogged and I was moved by the silent respect shown. Perhaps because we've ALL been there.
Or maybe because most of the good banter had been used up during the game. As it should be.

A couple of flags must be making me soft. I missed the perfect opportunity for a killer line whilst walking out to the Norwood
huddle at quarter time. We were just walking past the Bay huddle and being deafened by Nick Stevens who was ripping his
players 'a new one' and tearing them to shreads with a monumental tirade of insults and abuse. I swear, if he had stopped for
a breath, I was within micro-seconds of yelling out .............. "IT'S THE COACH'S FAULT !!!"
;)
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Today was JAS's birthday.
Miss you sweetie.
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Sat May 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where to from here ?

Assuming that the vast majority of SANFL supporters want the two AFL interlopers out of OUR league when it’s allowed, perhaps now is the time for members to start pressuring their respective club boards before the next round of club AGM’s come around. Those running our clubs (and the league) should be left in no doubt about the possible ramifications should this unfair and utterly ridiculous situation continue.

Only a united front by all members of all the clubs can force the required changes and return some integrity to the SANFL competition. I’d hate to see our clubs have to secede from the current administration, but if those in charge refuse to take notice of the majority’s wishes, then they no longer have the right to run OUR league. If starting a new S. A. league run by the clubs for the clubs, with no AFL intrusion, is forced upon us, then so be it.

Personally, I see this as an opportunity to show the AFL how a real league should operate.
i.e. Instead of ruining club histories by eradication, forced mergers etc., I’d love to see us employ a relegation system throughout ALL grades where the 2 top teams from the next tier below come up and the bottom 2 teams from the league go down. Perhaps incorporating a play-off system. That way successful clubs earn their right to get to the top, but struggling clubs don’t lose their identity, they just have to regroup to get back up again. Surely that’s the problem with the elitist, closed shop, door slamming, history-less plastic club generating, greed perpetuating, AFL abomination!
But maybe I’m just a tad biased.
;)

Given that the above pre-amble does or doesn’t come to fruition, I guess the 3 questions then become:

1) Would you like to see the 2 vacancies filled or not?
2) What system would you use to fill any vacancies?’
Or
3) Everything’s just peachy with my head in the sand whilst taking it up the clacker!
:shock:

Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

I can't get over the precision with which so many kicks and
hand passes hit those brown and yellow jumpers lace out.

And Hawthorn were pretty good at it too !
;)
by SABRE
Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Brendan M wrote:Salary cap is irrelevant when it does not apply to two clubs. Scrap it.

And them !!!
by SABRE
Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mark Naley

A good, hard, clean player with freakish skills.
God help anyone who had to stand him.
'Nails' did it all for both S.A.'s and deserves to live long and prosper.
Onya Mark! Recover fully mate.

Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 3

Special mention to the Norwood hero scumbag in white who abused our fullback when he hobbled off with a serious knee injury. What a wanker. Norwood fans should be ashamed. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dunno who that bozo was 'ST' but he's not one of us mate. I've been a NFC supporter/member since 1967 and can't say I've ever seen this boofhead before. Unfortunately every club gets one of these turkeys turning up and they're an embarrassment for everyone.
Too much alcohol, too few brain cells.

Did you notice the Weslo Security bloke come and stand right beside the wanker? Ya' never know, it just might have been disgusted Norwood supporters that reported him. Anyhow, let's hope the injured Westies player makes a speedy recovery and that the unknown flog who abused him wins the next 'Darwin Award'.

Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL ROUND 14

I demand to know why Crows officials and Weslo Security did absolutely nothing about all the shocking
noise created today by outrageous Norwood supporters yelling and banging signage around the ground.
Surely these utterly biased mavericks don't believe they have a right to celebrate their goal scoring ???

Not once did the honest doyens of civilised behaviour remonstrate with these guilty NFC individuals.
Beware SANFL, Adelaide Crows Reserves & Weslo Security, legal action is being considered !
Your failure to stop one of the worst offenders has left me with a sore throat and a bruised hand !!!
O:-)
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Centrals Fri 1920

I'm always happy to help those suffering dyslexia DW
Dogwatcher wrote:I'll be the feral, braving the cool superior Norwood supporters at their complex.

;)
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Fri May 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

Rik E Boy wrote:REDLEGS ;)

Having a bit of trouble finding 'the lid' REB ?
;)
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v West Fri 7.20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCyYuLQ7_Ws

Even if fate has other plans for us, it's still a very nice and cozy time to be a Redleg !
;)
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

Save our vintage knowledge JK.
Even sour grapes can succumb to 'premier' wines.
\:D/
Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v WWT Fri 1920

Norwood put on a clinic after 1/4 time. Too physically big and strong, quick, skilful ball movement, attractive brand of footy .
Premiership favs without doubt.

That's what I noticed when the Legs belted us at the Parade a couple of months ago. Even when they won their Premierships, these were based on a defensive-first philosophy which would have bored even the most ardent Leg supporters. Now they have been given license to run and gun and stun, and are playing without fear of making errors.
2018 is their Premiership to lose ;)

PS.... why are Grigg and Panos not seen as AFL players? Grigg is like a man amongst boys at
SANFL level whilst Panos is a Pendlebury clone who kicks more goals … whats not to like?

:-S
Dearest 'northerner',
Your outrageously accurate appraisal is most annoying.
Will you please shut the f**k up before we lose what's taken 3 years to build ?
A quick 'whip-around' within the Cheer/Grog Squad has raised $1,369.50 to get you to delete your post before AFL
a*******s see it and destroy us yet again. Please stop being so candid mate. We want another dynasty just like you had.
Is that asking too much? Please, please mate, we're begging you. Stop telling the truth !!!
[-o<
Luv,
Sabre.

p.s. Pendlebury??? Surely Matty Panos is far more like Robbie Flower !!!
:YMSMUG:
by SABRE
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 Norwood v Eagles Friday 1940

Also why were so many of the eagles players struggling to kick 45m when having a shot for goal???
There were at least 4-5 times where this occurred and they couldn't make the distance.
I reckon you're onto something mate. Norwood Oval is 62M above sea level compared
with Woodville's 15M. Therefore, I'm guessing the problem was due to altitude sickness.
This is manifestly unfair and something must be done before it's too late !
To be fair, the SANFL must dock Norwood 1 point for every metre of difference.
So congratulations Eagles, it really hurts me to admit you actually won by 7 points.
;)
Luv,
Sabre.

p.s.
I wonder if altitude has anything to do with the Redlegs Forum never f*****g working !
:-W
by SABRE
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |