Search found 185 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

You still don't get it 85WAGY. What you say about Brighton initially not having a Saturday Under 16 team is the statement of yours that is completely wrong. Didn't you even read my post beyond my crack at the Bays. We always had a Saturday team Just like every other year we have been in the SFL, giving us a team in all 5 Saturday grades just like every other year. The team that you supported getting a game of footy at that delegates meeting was our other Under 16 team that was our nomination for the Sunday comp but became the team known as Brighton Black in the Saturday comp giving us 2 teams in that comp. You are making it sound like we nominated both our Under 16 teams for the Sunday comp (god knows why) and had both of them moved into the Saturday comp.
by Down the Hill
Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How are clubs going with Under 18's numbers. Record nominations this year with 13 teams (only Lonsdale don't have a team and Noarlunga and Aldinga are playing as a merged Under 18 team) but I understand that many clubs are still struggling with numbers. Christies Beach have good numbers and shaping as a strong squad which is good for the comp provided their coach stops trying to poach players from other clubs when he already has plenty to work with. And I assume HV and FH are pretty good with numbers but I've heard a real challenge for the remaining clubs.

At Brighton we have a total squad of 25 or 26 at the moment but have 10 training at the Bays and 3 at South and it appears that 6 or 7 of these will get a regular game at those clubs so we will have a real battle getting 18 (let alone 22) on the park come Round 1 and even tougher when we lose a few to college football which will also drain off some more to the SANFL clubs who have to cover for college losses. Obviously we are trying to pick up some more players but its going to be tough. A change to Under 17 Senior Colts can't come soon enough in my book.
by Down the Hill
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The only games that get played midweek that I am aware of are the State Knockout Comp games for Year 8/9 and Open Age. Most the colleges enter the Knockout Comp including those that don't play Saturday mornings and also many public schools such as Brighton and Wirreanda and plenty from the country. But this is the only footy comp entered by many schools and if you get knocked out in Round 1, that's the only game you play. It could have been one of those games you are referring to.

Woodcroft College has Saturday morning teams from Year 7 down playing in the Panther League Primary School Comp and I believe have had a Year 8/9 team playing Saturday morning college ball in recent years but not sure if they did last year or will have one this year. I'm not sure what Cardijn have done in the past but I believe they are fielding a Year 8/9 team in the college comp in 2014. This is one of the reasons why Lonsdale is fielding a Sunday Under 16 team but not a Saturday team. I have been told that they have about 25 Under 16 players but that many go to Cardijn and will be playing school footy on most Saturday mornings.
by Down the Hill
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are a rookie on here mrp2626 and obviously don't know the chequered history of Vics01. I think a restraining order doesn't allow him within half a mile of Cove these days, so he has set up camp with the Clifton Crew at Hackham.

He has never been a big fan of the Roo's so we'll take his dig as being a shot at them rather than Brighton. Unfortunately the Crows first home game would have affected crowds at all community sport on Saturday. Anyway, Brighton got the 2 points against last years runners-up which was more important than the quality of the game and the amount who were watching it. For such a nice autumns day there was some fairly low scoring games other than the 3 blow outs.

What do we make of Aldinga, Lonsdale and Marion people. Don't say 2 Divisions will solve it because all of the other 12 clubs are currently worthy of playing each other week to week and most have the juniors to warrant regular competition against the other clubs.
by Down the Hill
Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Hey guys, Anzac Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday twice every 7 years on average (as it will next year) and winter sport across all codes will be played morning, noon and night like it does every Saturday or Sunday so don't get too carried away with this before Midday stuff just because Anzac Day falls on a weekday. There is a law that prevents paid entertainment occurring before midday on Anzac Day but only if that event involves any form of pre-event ticket sales, hence why SANFL and AFL will not play before midday including any curtain raisers. But if junior basketball, netball or hockey games are played at stadiums that require paid entry that is OK because it's only pay as you enter rather than being able to buying a ticket in advance. You will find that the RSL fully endorses junior sport being played on Anzac Day morning because they believe that going to war was to protect the freedom of our nations children and grand-children.
by Down the Hill
Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't argue with you LGIL.
by Down the Hill
Sun May 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

The umpiring fraternity aren't missing out on the fun of the fair either. The A grade field umpires are a father - son combination and the three younger sons are running the boundary.
by Down the Hill
Fri May 23, 2014 1:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But you don't refute the kicking bit OMM. Seems like this lad is building himself a fair rap sheet. Come on LGIL, I thought they all become wonderful citizens once they spend a bit of time at Bice Oval.

I suppose there's no room left in your shed OMM to try and coax the lad back to Noarlunga. ;)
by Down the Hill
Mon May 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And hopefully they can play within the laws of the game better than what Nick did.
by Down the Hill
Fri May 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Munga and Shoey. You know I like you guys but the return of a few players and at least one out of retirement back playing A grade makes this extra points situation a bit on the nose. What's done is done but the SFL has dug itself a big hole for when applications for extra points are made in the future from other clubs. Some would say your last flag was won with "blood on your hands" with about a third of your team poached from Hackham. Could a flag this year have a similar hollow feel to it. You have a star junior player who played 8 A grade games as a 17 year old last year but is back playing U18 at the moment and dominating. I thought it was players like him that you got the extra points for to help bring in some experience around.
by Down the Hill
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the 3rd photo do I spot the CB Secretary in the background wearing that horrible tan puffer jacket of his. LGIL, you are mates with the CB Secretary - can you confirm.
by Down the Hill
Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What happened to the old adage that you only play as well as your opposition lets you. Too many HV posters always put a loss down to we played crap rather than giving credit to the opponent. I hear it far too much around my club. There is a thing called pressure and the mistakes caused by that pressure and also what you do when the opposition has the ball which is normally the difference between winning and losing. If our SFL players were perfect at their so called best, they wouldn't be playing at this level.

On to our game today. Flaggies far too good. Got their match ups right and used the ball far better. Smith kicked the first 4 of the game to ensure they took full toll of first use of the breeze and we were playing catch up thereafter. Most impressed with the FH half back line who had a very good understanding and helped each other out when required. Well done to young Heatley who has made the transition from U18 to Senior footy and looks set to carve out a long career at Flaggies like his old man.

The U18 game highlighted some issues with the ever increasing stretcher and ambulance situations. Reynella 1 point down about 3 or 4 minutes into the last qtr but kicking with a 4 goal breeze. MV player goes down, a stretcher gets called but decision is then made to call for an ambulance. No time off so time elapses whilst Ambulance is entering arena. MV win by a point. Both teams and clubs very dignified in how things were handled and the outcome of the match, but surely there has to be some strategy put in place to deal with this scenario so that a finals match can be played to its rightful end.
by Down the Hill
Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Vics - Can you please do me a favour and never become associated with the Brighton Bombers. It seems as though trouble follows you around. ;)
by Down the Hill
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

Who's this imposter. There's only room for one Mister Footy on this forum. Interesting to hear the views of the other Mr Footy on the HV appointment. Interesting that the SFL is losing coaches to mid to low grade SAAFL clubs. Is the expectation and commitment of being a "club coach" at clubs with as many as 8 senior/junior teams plus Minis becoming too daunting for some current or prospective coaches.
by Down the Hill
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good post LGIL. A good friend of mine has advocated for a 16 game season for a few years now. As he constantly reminds people, we are the only league/comp in SA that has an odd number of teams (meaning a BYE each week) that plays an 18 game season which takes 20 weekends to achieve. The SFL may have dodged a bullet for the 2015 season with the later AFL Grand Final but I am also curious when the SANFL GF will be played. If they stick to the same weekend as this year, then the SFL GF could be played a week after the SANFL GF which would seem ludicrous. But what if our GF was the same weekend as the SANFL GF as it was this year. If Port and the Crows were no chance of making finals a few weeks out from the AFL finals, how do we know that the SANFL won't play switch their finals or at least the GF to a Saturday. The SANFL and SACFL wouldn't want one of its affiliate leagues clashing and neither would our clubs.

It is my understanding that the SFL will be presenting 3 or 4 fixture options at the AGM with 1 or 2 of them based on a 16 game season. The only workable 18 game options will be playing the catch up round the week before Easter and then the remaining 19 weeks can be played commencing the week after Easter with no games on June long weekend and July Country Champs and the GF on the last Saturday in September. The other option is similar to 2013 and that is having the catch up round on the July Country Champs weeks and beg the SACFL for this compromise.

But we are pushing the issue under the rug for one more year only by chance because of a later AFL season. I think we need to bite the bullet and drop back to 16 games whilst we remain a 15 team comp and do it now. I believe the SFL fixture guru can use one of the 2 double up rounds as a rivalry round so that the clubs who want to play twice can still do so.

If we play a 16 game season we could still commence the week after Easter, have the week in June and the week in July off and have the GF played on the same weekend as we do now. The catch up round only becomes a one game situation but rather than have a stand alone game, we could possibly have a split round to cover this. This will mean players getting a week or 2 off more during the season but with injury tolls at our level these days, that is not such a bad thing. This also gives a bit more flexibility with the junior fixture because junior games can still be played when your seniors aren't playing and this could help avoid some of the issues we currently have with playing the same team twice in a row or having juniors scattered away from your seniors etc.

Anyway, these are my views and I think clubs need to go to the AGM with some clear thoughts on this because a decision made at the AGM rather than the old - take it back to your clubs - is desirable. We already have blokes at our club wanting to know when our BYE's are so they can plan trips away etc. They normally know straight after the AGM and it would be good for things to be no different come the end of this years AGM.
by Down the Hill
Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Plenty of people from other leagues including Hills love taking pot shots at the SFL, but what has happened in the HFL the past two off-seasons has been the mother of all balls ups. People may argue that the points system doesn't include finals but the same people who approved the by-law probably also assumed that a club in line for relegation wouldn't be an A grade finalist let alone Premier. The irony is that if Echunga knew they were replacing Mt Lofty in Central a lot sooner they probably could have got better organised with their other grades and may not have recruited as heavily as a quicker fix to at least ensure their A grade would be competitive. So they may have finished middle of the road in A grade but done enough lower down to stay in Central.

I think some of the established Central clubs should be looking at themselves hard in the mirror rather than voting out Echunga. Pretty sad reflection on the rest of the clubs that a club who's B grade was winless with 17% could still be allowed to a win an A grade flag. Bridgewater has won 14 games in 5 seasons. How on earth have they managed to stay in Central regardless of some poxy points system that seems to allow clubs to save their skin on the back of picking up some cheap points in the junior grades. With so many good junior players being restricted from playing club footy due to college or SANFL commitments then junior wins are not necessarily a true reflection of a clubs overall junior strength particularly as many of those college and SANFL lads will hopefully filter back as full time club players when they are 18 or 19.
by Down the Hill
Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This Happy Valley saga is the gift that keeps giving. The previous post is from someone with an allegiance to Sturt, Hawthorn and CLG. Now who could that be.
by Down the Hill
Mon May 11, 2015 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I tried to buy you one Vic's but the girl behind the bar said their responsible service of alcohol policy didn't allow them to supply you with another drink.
by Down the Hill
Wed May 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't mess with any footy club with a Maguire at the helm. :D
by Down the Hill
Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Oops typo, I meant 4 weeks for the final 8 to be played.
by Down the Hill
Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Correct AFC9798. BPS runs North/South, has a shape that resembles an oval not something from a bakery, the local flora does not encroach onto the field, and the visiting coach can set up wherever he likes rather than whispering distance to the full-back/full forward. People in glasshouses hey!!
by Down the Hill
Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very little talk of the Association Game on here and none whatsoever on the GSFL forum. We no longer have State of Origin and SANFL versus WAFL and VFL seems to have an interest and crowd consisting mainly of family and friends. I'm not against Association football but has it run its race?

The Hills Div 1 have pulled out of their game against the RMFL due to lack of interest from clubs and players. That league has given the SACFL all sorts of grief in recent years with tribunal appeals and relegation/promotion sagas so it will be interesting how that situation plays out.

Even at its prime, Association football for the players was still probably more about ego in making the team to prove to family and friends that you are a decent player rather than wanting to win at all costs for your Association. But the modern days of the internet that provide easily accessed scores, best players, medalists etc. and forums such as this gives us plenty of information about who are the stars of every competition and satisfying the ego of the players without needing to play Association footy to confirm it.

The training commitment and expectations on our better players these days has them and probably the club counting down the days to a weekend off in June. Leagues also have to realise that the mindset of todays "amateur" footballer is a lot different than 20/30 plus years ago, and when the higher levels no longer play meaningful representative football due to a club first mentality how do they expect that attitude to be any different at our level.

I hope the lads who represent the SFL this week enjoy it and play with some pride in the jumper. I'm sure several will be chuffed to be playing and good on them for accepting their invitation to play.
by Down the Hill
Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Premiership is Reynella's to lose and anything less will be an abject failure. Game plans and game styles count for little come finals in the SFL. The spring winds in the South means that finals conditions generally make it hard to play any sort of possession based game. It won't be game plan or style that will win a flag for Reynella. It will be whether their best available 21 is better than the rest come September and recent performances suggest they are daylight ahead of the rest - with due respect to the also undefeated Falcons . This Saturday is close to the shortest day of the year so hopefully the daylight isn't too much for the Bombers.
by Down the Hill
Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very strategic of the Shoes to arrange the BYE just before the 30 June clearance deadline. Blokes with white horseshoes on their jackets will be spotted at grounds all over Australia this weekend. ;)
by Down the Hill
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A good day and crowd at M/Vale for the 101 year celebration after an oversight missing 100 years last year :shock: With the 14 /16 /18/and B having good wins it was a little disappointing to see the premiers go down . But as they say a boat looks good in the harbour but that is not what they are designed for. ;)

Would that be Darwin Harbour?
by Down the Hill
Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think about it ZC. Two scenarios if your A & B grade both finish top 4.

If they are at different venues on the first Saturday you have your B grade playing from 12.50 to 2.30 and A grade from 2.30 to 5.00 at the other venue so whether it's your A or B that finish 1 or 4 and vice versa 2 or 3 then it's a pain in the arse and no way that anyone involved with the A grade can see any of the B grade. Some keen supporters may watch the first half and then head off but not much fun if you miss the end of the game.

But in the Port Noarlunga proposal which has already been declared as the 2 v 3 venue, night game or no night game. If your B grade play at PN they play from 4.20 to 6.00 and the A grade play 2.30 to 5.00. Really not much different scenario but in reverse but a keen supporter, coaches and players can still dash to the B grade to see the end of the game or at least see the A grade game and watch 2 teams that you could play later in finals.

But the best scenario is having the B grade play at the other venue at 12.50 to 2.30 and your A grade playing 6.00 to 8.30 at PN. Everyone including all players benefit in this situation.

And the junior scenario is even better and we all have plenty of families with children in more than one junior grade so this makes their first Saturday of finals a lot easier with the exception of U18 at 11.10 at one venue and U14 at 11.45 at PN. All other scenarios for juniors at the 2 grounds means parents and siblings can see both games in full.

Better still, have all your top 4 teams finish 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 and you play at the same venue.

Time for the SFL and clubs to think outside the square. You guys are happy to play 2 Sunday games per season which is probably not popular with everyone at your club so what's wrong with a Saturday night final.
by Down the Hill
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SFL is finalising the Saturday comps finals fixture next Monday night. The big issue is the proposal to play the 2 v 3 final on the first Saturday as a night game at Port Noarlunga commencing at 6pm. Obviously all the earlier games at that venue will be shifted back. I think its a great progressive idea which will also assist players, officials, support staff, parents and supporters of clubs who have teams at both Saturday venues to manage their day easier. Clubs have been asked to provide their thoughts on the proposal which will assist with Monday's decision. Regardless of night game or not, I have a feeling the fixture will be:

5/9 - 1 v 4 at Marion and 2 v 3 at PN
6/9 - 5 v 8 at CB or N and 6 v 7 at CB or N
12/9 - Loser 1 v 4 vs Winner 5 v 8 at Ald or N
13/9 - Loser 2 v 3 vs Winner 6 v 7 at Ald or N
19/9 - Winner 1 v 4 vs Winner 13/9 at CB or PN
20/9 - Winner 2 v 3 vs Winner 12/9 at CB or PN
26/9 - GF at SAFC

Night Final was approved last night and all the 2 v 3 Qualifying finals from U14 get pushed back by 3.5 hours.

U14 - 11.45
U16 - 1.05
U18 - 2.40
B - 4.20
A - 6.00

Finals venues to be released today and my previous post is not quite right. Noarlunga is hosting the 1 v 4 final and I think Marion now has one of the Elimination Finals on the Sunday. Can't confirm weeks 2 or 3 yet and will post the full schedule once released.
by Down the Hill
Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for narrowing the disgraced club down to 3 Dutchy but judging by the fixture and your allegiance it would seem it wasn't Brighton. Possibly a club that has a colour not worn by any other club in the SFL.
by Down the Hill
Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

The Flinders Uni Cricket Club is looking to rebuild after being relegated from A2 to A3. Several A/B players have retired or moved on, so an opportunity exists for any player or group of mates who think they are capable of playing A3 cricket or starved of A grade opportunities at another club. We have nominated 3 teams this season with our B grade playing LO.1 and C grade playing LO.4, but would like to get back to 2 two-day sides in the future. We have the advantage of both our grounds along side each other along with excellent playing facilities. Please contact President, Robb Muirhead on 0404 026 554 if you are interested.
by Down the Hill
Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

The Hills Football League - the gift that keeps on giving for SA Footy regulars.
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing a night final is just too progressive and modern for a "good old days" advocate like yourself isn't it LGIL. ;)

No-one queried the standard of the lights when this was approved and there would have been some from other clubs that had a look at the Porties v Shoes game earlier in the year - and I haven't heard anyone complain about the light quality. I've been to Glenelg, South, Happy Valley and of course Brighton for night games and due to the light being mostly trained on the playing surface, the eyes tend to struggle to adjust with standing on the sidelines in near darkness. But vision is alot better on the ground than they appear from the sidelines. Anyway we will find out tomorrow night and it will be the same for both teams.

$10 entry is the same as last year and hopefully will stay at that for a couple more years. I know some people involved with the Essendon Dist. FL in Melbourne and they have Div 2 and Div 3 GF's this week at different venues and entry is $18. The Div 1 Prelim this week is $15 entry so I suspect the GF is at least $18 but more likely $20.

I believe the Tribe FM Van will be doing the River Rd twilight run on Saturday from Noarlunga to Porties meaning both A grade games will be broadcast. And they will be at Bice on Sunday.

I wish I was offered odds 25 years ago that one day Morphy Park and Edwardstown would play each other in a final at Aldinga!!!!
by Down the Hill
Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's get the facts right first guys. The coaches award is presented by SAFC and can only go to a club in its zone. That eliminates FH, HV, BDOS, MP, Marion, Cove and Etown for starters. Gianni and Mitts have probably won it before and possibly Cratey so If they try and give it to someone who hasn't won one previously, he was probably the best of the rest.

Highlights of the night were Gazza for the 3rd year in a row pronouncing Riddle as Ridley. I mean how hard is it to look at the name Riddle and pronounce it correctly. Maybe next year we might have Aussie cricketer Peter Sidley as a guest speaker. And the Prez who announced at the start of Round 18 counting that there were 2 rounds remaining when in fact there were 3 rounds left so everyone was getting excited during Round 19 voting when there was still a full 7 game round to count. Even Gazza was about to announce the winner after Round 19 thinking voting was completed. And in the U18, U16 and U14 Team of the Year, if you are going to invite the top 22 votegetters then why wouldn't you provide the votes for all those in the TOTY rather than just the top 10. We had 4 lads in the U18 TOTY who walked away without knowing their votes. Sure, our very efficient club secretary has facebooked the full voting at some ungodly hour but come on SFL. Lastly, Team Man of the Year has run its race. Some coaches rig the votes to guarantee a win for their club. The A grade winner polled 51 of a possible 54 votes. The joke is that the leading Goalkicker and Team Man get a massive trophy and a voucher or cash of $75 to $100 and the best player in the comp just gets a medal other than the Mail Medallist who I think gets something extra. Why not give each medallist a sponsors trophy in addition to the medal and the cash/voucher and do away with the team man votes. Coaches and team managers hate having to do them anyway. Other than that, not a bad night and run pretty smoothly for how much they get through.
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grand Final entry is the same as the last 3 weeks.

$10 Adults, $5 Concession & U16 FREE
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the flip side LGIL..... Strong rumour out of Last nite.
What if ya dad was an umpire and your son won a medal, think we would all like to see whether that dad gave his son 3 votes every time he umpired him :shock: .

Lets be transparent SFL... post the votes..... :oops:[/quote]

I believe you are right on the money there "oneuponedown". Someone should call the Sherriffs.
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"3 years of u/16 and u/18 coaching - getting HVFC to the GF each year!."

And still having nightmares about running into Brighton each time :D
by Down the Hill
Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Does this highlight some of the issues with country footy and why the SACFL are introducing the new rules. A club like Wallaroo seems to have decided to stop paying big money and are going to give the local kids a crack. Why should they be ridiculed for this if the size of the town means they can still get the required teams on the park. Didn't a Mt Gambier club go down a similar path some years back and ended up having their most successful era ever after maybe a year or two of getting A grade games into the young lads.

What is wrong with Wallaroo taking the same approach. At least they will have a group who will play for the jumper and not the $$$. And name me a football club Committee that doesn't have several with their own lads playing at the club. Provided the Coach is boss when it comes to game plan and selection, then no problems.

I can understand why small town clubs need to recruit because they just don't have enough locals to field teams although the $$$ being splashed around by some small towns is bordering on obscene.
by Down the Hill
Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Incorrect Dutchy. No change to our Saturday structure. Only moved our Sunday junior teams to the SANFL Juniors with team nominations still to be finalised.
by Down the Hill
Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Albanese appears to have played scattered games for Flaggies from U18 to A grade over the last 4 or 5 seasons whilst also playing at West and probably played FH juniors going back before that so not really a recruit but a returning 0 point player.

Bollenhagen is the younger brother of the Bollenhagen who was drafted to Freo a few years back and played 4 AFL games. Both played at Hackham in recent times but are originally Reynella juniors. So he is also a returning 0 point player. I believe the ex-AFL Bollenhagen is playing for Macclesfield this season.
by Down the Hill
Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't Keam do the same last year and one of the reasons he fell on his sword after 4 or 5 games?
by Down the Hill
Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coach's game plan didn't hold up in juniors and wont in seniors, perhaps there are reasons for the huge amount of clubs he has been to in a small period of time

Bit harsh Hcaoc20. Game plan held up for undefeated minor rounds with HV 2 years in a row but just came up against some very good Brighton teams on GF day that were suited to the vast expanses of Hickinbotham. Easy to say a coach was outcoached but more often its simply the players being outplayed.
by Down the Hill
Fri May 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not that interesting Dutchy. I think Brighton had 18 as well today and we have run with at least 15 or 16 in most games for many years. Looking forward to how both clubs homegrown talent matches up next week.
by Down the Hill
Sat May 28, 2016 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just didn't want any forum readers to think Dutchy's comments meant Flaggies were more special with blooding juniors into senior ranks than other clubs in the SFL. Looking at A grade teams on Saturday - several other clubs are fielding teams with significant numbers of players who came through the junior ranks. SFL has it's problems but this is one major positive with many of our clubs.
by Down the Hill
Mon May 30, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

I note that no points were stripped off Rosewater, meaning I assume that they can apply to rejoin & come straight back into D5. With the proposal that only the D5 Premier gets promoted this year due to the "horrible" likely decision to allow Brighton & Morphettville Park to queue jump other loyal Clubs, this could have represented a way to both further sanction Rosewater & reward both D5 GF combatants.

Last year's "loyal" Div 5 Premier couldn't even field a team this year!!!
by Down the Hill
Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Win the GF and you will get promoted!!!

Div 4 GF teams since 2013 reads like this.
2013 - Plympton 1st promoted to Div 3, Brahma Lodge 2nd and elected to be dropped to A5 and went winless.
2014 - GG 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury West 2nd and elected to be dropped to A7 and won 5 games
2015 - Kilburn 1st promoted to Div 3, Salisbury 2nd and elected to stay in Div 4 and still a chance to challenge for a flag.

The runners up have made their own call for the past 3 years so the only difference this year is that the SAAFL has made the call for them.
by Down the Hill
Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

We're coming across to the SAAFL next year but I've been reading the SAAFL forums for several years and it seems some of you blokes care far too much about B grade success and flags. Not much use making a B grade grand final if your A grade get relegated.
by Down the Hill
Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Don't be fooled by the jumps and drops in percentage in the AFL. The way that is calculated can see a weekly 3 or 4 % change even late in the season. The SA system has less variance after a big win or loss as the season gets deeper. Unley and Goodwood would need close to a 200 point differential this week. Eg. Goodwood to lose by 100 and Unley to win by 100.
by Down the Hill
Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe the tribe has spoken. It's time to go Brighton and Down the Hill.
by Down the Hill
Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Dutchy, King and 85WAGY - at least all this talk on the "other topic" has taken our petty C grade bickering off the front page. :shock:
by Down the Hill
Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spot on King but not for much longer on this forum. However I still hope to have a special guest spot in the future. Good luck to all teams this weekend. Whatever one thinks of this weeks happenings, it's certainly brought some posters out of the woodwork.
by Down the Hill
Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Says he who is a constant pest in other forums.
by Down the Hill
Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |