Search found 105 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

No, we arent looking like we would be competitive in any divison at the moment, hence my disappointment.
But the club has made a decision and weather anyone of us like it, its too bad.
We need to just accept it and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Groover
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rule exists for these extreme circumstances.

Would take some exceptional recruiting to replace players lost without breaching the points limit.
by Q.
Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In fairness we are sitting here and comparing Brahma Lodge to Salisbury and Plympton. Brahma Lodge doesn't have the resources of these clubs and if you ask me as an outsider have achieved a heck of a lot more in a short time frame than I'm sure we all imagined.

Cop the medicine but for a drastic measure such as this there must be genuine concern for the clubs existence if playing in a higher grade after some heavy heavy losses...

A horrible position to be in....
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In fairness we are sitting here and comparing Brahma Lodge to Salisbury and Plympton. Brahma Lodge doesn't have the resources of these clubs and if you ask me as an outsider have achieved a heck of a lot more in a short time frame than I'm sure we all imagined.

Cop the medicine but for a drastic measure such as this there must be genuine concern for the clubs existence if playing in a higher grade after some heavy heavy losses...

I agree that for Brahma this is a terrible position to be in, But like almost every other club they have to take the good with the bad,

My first years at Plympton were spent being belted by 20 goals every week and i can tell you that we certainly did not have the resources we have now.

What developed from that was a core group of players that stuck together through the beltings and formed the platform for the club to have success down the track. The culture that the club developed over the years helped us attract players to the club, because no matter what was happening on the field people were enjoying there time at the club. Whilst it might look grim now it may be the best thing to happen to Brahma
by Magnum Force
Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree that for Brahma this is a terrible position to be in, But like almost every other club they have to take the good with the bad,

My first years at Plympton were spent being belted by 20 goals every week and i can tell you that we certainly did not have the resources we have now.

What developed from that was a core group of players that stuck together through the beltings and formed the platform for the club to have success down the track. The culture that the club developed over the years helped us attract players to the club, because no matter what was happening on the field people were enjoying there time at the club. Whilst it might look grim now it may be the best thing to happen to Brahma

As I mentioned above Brahma don't have the resources Plympton had and have. A club of Plymptons status should never had been playing div 5 and for as long as they did. Even when getting smacked you all knew within that you had a golden era of kids coming through and that you just had to hang in there because it will turn. Which it did. I know this because we were also in the same boat but once again as a club we ain't no Plympton and never will be.

Take off the rose coloured glasses these blokes are in serious strife.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is this official yet?
Only three left from last year sounds dire. If it happens, the travel factor suits us too. Bloody Mitcham.

Nothing in concrete yet, but its only a matter of time.
Just for those who aren't fully aware, below is a list of our GF team, those highlighted in RED have not returned this year.

2.B. Aldridge - retired?
44 T. Aloisi - Sedan
28 M. Bates
18 J. Clark-Rantasa - Gepps?
7 J. Clark-Rantasa -Gepps?
11 S. Cosenza
19 S. Craven
15 B. Gatto - Eastern Park
14 D. Grgurovic
13 A. Harvey - Padthaway (or somewhere around there)
29 A. Hennigs
3 D. Hickey
23 D. Huitema - Eastern Park
8 M. Leigh
6 S. Mansell
37 B. Marshall
51 B. McMullen
32 L. Nelson
1 B. Paterson - who cares ;) KIDDING - Whyalla
45 T. Payne - Bute
10 D. Savage
* 17 D. Steele - Sedan

Help fill in the gaps here...

How many games did most of these guys play for BL? The club needs to look at who it is recruiting otherwise it will just happen again. If you offer $ to the wrong type of players they will innevitably leave for more $ elsewhere. I feel for more for the teams they played against last year - they battled against BL all year for the right to go up, BL won the right then didnt take up the option. That being said noone likes seeing a team lose by 30 goals every week either.
by WOS Dragons
Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Because clearly we are all cricket tragics with nothing better to do than wait for the 9:01am txt message from the club secretary.
by Trader
Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

PG I think it shows that spending money on players may achieve some 'short term' success (not just aimed at BL), but sustained success is dependant on strong junior set up and club culture. Clubs in BL's position should consider investing the funds they do have into getting more kids to the club and starting again.
by Footy Smart
Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i think you'll be fighting more than one opponent for that last C grade spot

What a crazy crazy year...and it hasn't even started yet.
Is grass roots sports across the board slowly dying in Australia?

In America they dont have structured grass roots sports programs - if you dont make it thats it.. could we be headed the same way?

Absolutely not.

I think you're just seeing a diversion between clubs who plan for long-term success vis a vis short term success.

Take the Club's with (arguably) the two biggest junior programs in the State. TTG are fielding a fourth side again and PNU are fielding a fourth side for the first time in their history (as PNU).

Similarly well run clubs, who have been buidling from the ground up for a number of years in Hope Valley and Old Iggies are doing the same thing.

I think what you'll find are that clubs which have historically done little to nothing to develop junior football (Brahma, Kilburn, Ovingham, Mitchell Park) are struggling whereas the Club's who put the effort in, and have been putting the effort in for a number of years are reaping the rewards.

What you're saying is correct. But Mitchell Park have been working hard on our juniors and currently have 4 full teams for 2014 with the possibility of a 5th. Our problem is the gap between the 30 plus year olds and the next generation. Our fault because we didn't work hard enough at it back then.
by Yank Man
Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Better to have a bye in D4 reserves than have a bye for the whole division.
by Q.
Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Get rid of the points system and paying players and all will be good.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

This is what I have learnt:
Posters from clubs that have big junior numbers say the other clubs need to invest in their juniors, 99% of same posters would have had nothing to do with developing their junior program just played there.
Clubs with big junior programs get better junior players, coaches and support because they are, unsurprisingly, more successful.
Clubs with small junior programs don't like their talented kids being poached by clubs with big junior programs
Bombers4eva thinks noone should get paid for playing
Salisbury are the only club in Australia that don't pay players, yet hand out cash at awards.
Footy Chick doesn't like it when he Clubs in Strife topic leads to posters talking about what gets clubs in strife
Brahma will get smashed in 2014
Kilburn will get smashed into oblivion
PAOC will take over Kilburn Oval *
Some people will leave a club because they have too many wankers - all clubs have too many wankers.

*may have not learnt that
by Mr Beefy
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2014

Good to see the Denver Crows knock off the Brown Boys. Almost like the Nuggets knocking of Golden state
by lovetotalkfooty
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe it isn't too late for me to add another B&F to my collection.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Browny25 wrote:Made 2 grand finals, and 2 prelims in the last 5 years

Exactly the reason you should've been made to stay up

Why so our scores can look like kilburns and we only field one team? Piss off

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
by Bigshow82
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

many thanks to ben and the BLFC for their efforts yesterday..we know they are struggling a bit atm but they presented in both grades and never stopped giving an effort and we respect that a lot..well done to groover for winning the anzac day medal for his club..bennett won the CLG medal..

Fantastic day put on by CLG, and easily the best team we have played this year.

Great day was mared by a few of us having $$$ taken out of bags in the changerooms. I hope those that took it need it far more than I / we did.

They definitely moved the ball alot swifter than any other team we have played so far. Game was played in good spirits and even though the result was one sided, I feel we could take some real positives out of the day.
As said above it was a pity that there was some valuables taken, but we can't go pointing fingers at anyone in particular as there seemed to be many people (from both sides/grades) that could have had access to our rooms at any stage.
Just reiterates the fact that any club should have someone looking after valuables (or dont bring them) if changerooms are accessible to anyone other than those that need it.

Apart from that, it was a really good day and CLG should be proud that on such a day they can bring so many people out to an amateur game of football, kudos goes to them.
by Groover
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

I joined Pt Vincent golf club on the weekend as I want to gain a handicap!

I played Saturday and submitted a card - Do i have to play 3 rounds at my club / same course?

Have played Pt Vincent a few times now as the I inlaws live there. Fantastic course unfortunately lacking enough water to maintain greens. Not through lack of trying from what I have been told. Every time I head out there the last 3 holes along the cliffs make me stop and think how lucky I am to be out playing golf. Great bunch out there to go with it. Enjoy!!!
by Ogilthorpe
Wed May 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Adam Scott - World # 1.
by Spargo
Mon May 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robran wrote:Were the eagles were flying under the radar

Nothing like a drunken post to tell you what you truly believe.
by lovetotalkfooty
Tue May 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Cleaning

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Paid Volunteer from within the club I believe

I feel like that's an oxymoron.
by jo172
Fri May 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think players should only be allowed to be cleared once in a season.
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Craven played at brahma last year?
Are we expecting the Clarke-ratansa boys to get a clearance to SW next?
by BurraBoys
Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sweet big show what time does past players day start see if I can get there;-). .Will be a great day for the blodge club always very well organised.
by Robran
Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So if the rumours are true, Pooraka have the flag in the bag already.

Anyone else doing any recruiting?
by Trader
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Browny25 wrote:
Trader wrote:So if the rumours are true, Pooraka have the flag in the bag already.

Anyone else doing any recruiting?

Change in name to Pooraka Jets maybe?

FFS if I suggested either of those Lord Rocco would've firebombed my house by now! :(
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We cant compete with the $$$ and probable success OKC

Fantastic recruiting from your club, well done.

So who have they recruited??

Chris Amundsen, Jye Bailey and Mark Hanson (Northern Districts A-grade) are "confirmed" while Adam Sommerfield (TTG) and Hall have also been linked to Pooraka.
Sure there are a few we haven't heard about yet as well.

Would be surprised if they get all 5, but you never know!

You're all welcome to keep speculating but it's not really a secret. The names of all our recruits can be found on our Facebook page.
by Brumbies
Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:Elizabeth advertising for new coach? Where has Carey gone?

Have gone nowhere its in the constitution as it is for most clubs..
by Robran
Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BIG_REDS wrote:Anyone know when the Team of The Year will be published?

Mine was published onto the back of a shirt about 5pm Saturday ;)

I think they come out in the footy budget this week don't they?
by WOS Dragons
Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We don't really bother too much with preseason. Numbers should pick up after the long weekend.
by Trader
Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No point in appointing someone unsuitable, is there?
by Footy Chick
Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Q.
Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/cricket-association-to-fine-clubs-bringing-booze-to-away-grounds-without-permission/story-fni6uo1m-1227082413786

Wonder if this will grab the attention of the licencing inspectors......[emoji33]
Nothing wrong with it in A1-A3.
Get in there and have a beer,discuss the game, then on your way to your own prezzos.
Not that hard.
Plenty of Bottle Os to grab a freshy on the way home.
by beeroclock
Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Club Best & Fairest winners

Brahma lodge fc
A grade:
J sobels
R/up
D grgurovic

B grade
P golden
R/up
K smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Groover
Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by nos
Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Fantastic reading guys. My thoughts on the subject:

Brahma Lodge (the loyal club people and administrators) are victim of the one thing that is more dangerous than money in amateur clubs and that is poor recruiting. Paying 800 bucks for an Ex- SANFL gun might sound excessive but if this player ends up playing 150-200 games and being a club legend then you'd have to say that its been more than worthwhile. Good players are attracted to a good club culture and the club culture is fostered by recruiting quality people.

This year the lodge are in a no win position. They can either choose to try and build a team around its current crop with maybe a handful of previously untried recruits and likely be relegated to div 7 which can be tough to find your way out of and you also run the risk of losing more players and (worst case scenario) fold. This scenario preserves or at least doesn't diminish the reputation of the club around the league.

OR

They can welcome back past players looking to return for financial reasons or others. They have possibly another 3-4 years of success with that same group and in the meantime hope you can attract a younger generation that eventually replace them. This scenario ensures that BL remain one of the most despised clubs in the SAAFL.

To be completely honest if i was in this position and it was my club in this pickle, it would be very, very hard to take option 1. While I' sure many (including myself) would be angry if the Lodge get these players back and are head and shoulders above everyone else in div 6 next year. Making the decision to be terrible for 3- 4 years before improving over improving straight away would be one that few clubs around the league would make.
by BFG
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Browny25 wrote:
carey wrote:Browny why are you playing B grade? Please don't tell me your one of them?

@bigfishlittlepond @AgradeBowler @Justplayingwithmates :roll: @thatoldchestnut

Cant play the second week mate

Fair call. Play on....

enjoy your trip mate.
by carey
Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Guess who got the call today to leave for Perth on Thursday morning for work and is staying @ Joondalup Resort for 6 nights! If there was a stiffy emoticon id put up 50...... Will only get time for 9 so the Quarry 9 will get a working over. I'll post pics....
by LaughingKookaburra
Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2015 Hogg Shield Information and Q&A Thread

Gidday viewers. Time for a Hogg Update.

What is the Hogg Shield?

The Hogg Shield is a multi-divisional set of leagues that plays Supercoach fantasy AFL. The Hogg Shield is named after former and sometimes still playing Cricketer Bradley George Hogg. It was set up by a bunch of board IT types who should have been working. The first (AFL) Hogg was run in the 2007 season.

As each year passed more and more divisions were added and last season we had 122 coaches (plus two automatic Journo entries) take part.

Seeded pre-season invites

Already posted are threads for each Hogg League for 2015. The leagues are listed in seeded order based on that team's 2014 SuperCoach score. Please note that these pre-season league lists are provisional. In the event that any coach does not wish to enter the Hogg then the highest ranked team from the league below will be invited to fill that spot.

It is possible to be 'leapfrogged' by coaches who might have been in a lower league than you last season if they outscored you. If someone 'leapfrogs' you they are not taking your place in a higher league, they are taking the place of a team that has dropped out. A big candidate to leapfrog this year is Adelaide Crows who outscored everyone in the Hogg last year. It is not possible for a team to be automatically promoted into Premier League if they have not participated in Hogg Division I.

If you were relegated last year you won't be sent down a further division just because someone outscored you last year in a lower Division.

Keep your eyes open in the league threads and on your PM box or email accounts because the invites will be flying thick and fast once SuperCoach opens in February.

New and Returning Coaches

If you have been in the Hogg before your seeding will be based on your last recorded score for the season. Returning coaches will be placed in the highest available league and can be promoted up to Hogg Division I .

If you are a new Hogg coach please PM me with your 2014 SuperCoach score (if applicable). I don't need to know how many years you have played or what position you were ranked, just the final score. New coaches who have played before can be promoted as high as Hogg Division IV . If you are a SuperCoach rookie then you will be placed in Hogg Division VI (or V if we don't get enough coaches this season).

Captain my Captain!

The Hogg works better when there isn't a 'REB' team in every division. I lose too many Grand Finals and frankly, it's embarrassing! ;) I will need someone captains for the following divisions..

Hogg Division I
Hogg Division III
Hogg Division V

All you need to do is post weekly results, what everyone's score is for the season to date and what the league ranking is. If you want you can do some writeups and such if you are a mad keen SC tragic like myself.

I'm a lazy man, Roger! (Deadlines and Cutbacks)

In the past we have had a Hogg Deadline and I've sent out countless emails to try and get coaches to sign up to the Hogg in order to get the comp to grow. Right now I don't care how big the Hogg is and I'd be happy with a few less leagues to be honest. This season I've decided to scrap Champions League because about twelve teams are in Hogg Elite and Hogg Champions. The Hogg Elite league has pretty much replaced the Champions league.

As for the deadline, this will be about seven days before the final lockout. If you have not taken your invite by then it will be offered to the person with the highest ranking from the league below (see above). However, if any new coaches want to join there will always be room but get your shit together folks because I'm not chasing anyone this year.

OK Chaps and chapesses, now I'm off to try and figure out what to do with my backline! Good luck in the Hogg in 2015.

regards

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

just saw the memorial sculpture plaque for Phil. Great gesture, but boy oh boy did they get it horribly wrong. Looks nothing like him :(

#shouldhavegonetospecsavers
by Coach Bombay
Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2015

Browny25 wrote:Pretty sure its Browny's year ;)

...to get relegated. :)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

It was Elizabeth by plenty, and congrats to Payney and their lads. They played well and with the squad they have, should go very well in Div 5.

We, on the other hand, will now not bother turning up for the rest of the Div 4 season based on our March 1st trial game result.
by Pag
Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fawad Ahmed

What does this bloke have to do, to be given a chance in the test side?
Not refusing to wear sponsorship would be a good start.
Dont care what his beliefs are you wear a VB logo or you dont play, pretty simple

You have got to be ******* kidding?
No im not.
Sponsors spend stacks of money and if it wasnt for them the players wouldnt earn half the ammount they do.
Not asking him to drink the crap just wear a logo
by Jim05
Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Im not sure if i missed something but was that worsfold yestie in crows colours and if so wat is his role???
by Robran
Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

Great win by the Spurs in another incredible game. Hope they finish it off in game 6 in San Antonio.
by king neptune
Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steph Curry named MVP
by beef
Tue May 05, 2015 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Is it true Tim Aloisi played ressies for Glenelg today? :shock:
by The Bedge
Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yeah I think warriors win this 4-2 now
by Johno6
Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2015

Not too worried about a couple of losses. Was due. Just keeping some trades up my sleeve and am only one upgrade away from being satisfied with my side
by bd u15 09
Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Back to normal... or...

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Alaska wrote:Also note Rodney Eade has said Harley Bennell will not play this weekend.

Why not?

Because he got high, because he got high, because he got high. Dadda-da-da-daaaaaaa.
by Q.
Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |