Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Did not see the incident in question with the umpire so cant give an informed opinion, but we all know how precious our umpires can be at times and i ask the question what did he supposedly do to the umpire, i have seen incidents were a melee is in full swing and players are wrestled in to the umpire or brushes past the umpire and they have had the book thrown at them, was this the case?
by piccachu
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

[quoteWhat is the reasoning behind the original post? Portland lost players or? Think the thunderdome will be quite tough for away teams!][/quote]

We will not have the services of 2 quality players this year, one moving to london and the other having a Knee Reco, but we are used to people writing us off and we like it. if you look over the last 4 years we have supposedly been getting relegated every year but some how we find our self in D1. Im by no stretch saying we will win the flag and we are aware how tough its going to be but a lot of good sides have made there may to the dome thinking we would be easy beats and left without the 2 points.
by piccachu
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

No.9? Playing A's HH3? Isn't that Daniel Reardon?

Must have hit him pretty good HH3 as when i seen him at 4:30am he was still dazed and confused :D
by piccachu
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Buy a vowel!

Re**a*k :D
by piccachu
Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Look who's back!

Cat had discussions with North Haven but it never progressed beyond that.

North Haven are after a much bigger target at Portland anyway

the Big Cat is about a buck 15 and 6,3 thats as big as they get on the peninsula (excluding Matt Murnane)
by piccachu
Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Am i alone in thinking we need to stop prolonging the decision and just scrap this year at amateur level, there will be multiple clubs in the league that may never recover from the financial hit it will inevitably take this year with lack of sponsorship dollars and revenue through things like bar / canteen takings and big events,
Not to mention the clubs getting a leg up on the competition by pushing the boundaries on rules regarding training number and distancing legalities, due to the lack of clarity surrounding said rules. i have already driven past multiple ovals in my area and couldn't help notice the number of players on the ovals and lack of social distancing.
I love footy as much as the next bloke but surely amateur footy is a long way down the list of importance to get back up and running in the state in my opinion.
by piccachu
Tue May 12, 2020 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Football clubs are struggling enough as it is financially and with dwindling playing numbers. i really dont see the sense in playing the 9 game seasons.
small clubs feel backed in to corner being damned if they do and damned if they dont take part. there is a large likely hood clubs will run at a loss this year and for many clubs that inst something they can afford, and if they choose to pull out themselves you run the risk of not getting players back the following year and the club possibly folding that way, not to mention the burden all the extra duties that are now have to be in place will put on volunteers that are already over worked and near on impossible to find.
by piccachu
Tue May 19, 2020 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |