Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Tell you what no wonder people tee off @ North Haven on these forums. The amount of shots @ rival clubs and individuals that come from certain people (not all) associated with Havens on these forums is a disgrace and I'm amazed the club puts up with it.

Dark Night and HH3 are the most regular north haven posters and wouldnt of thought they'd be doing this. After all the crap Murnane pulled last year (constantly going out late friday night getting drunk and lying about it, lying to the coach about overseas holidays etc etc and worst of all not performing at anywhere near the level a paid player should be) then so what if the boys get stuck into him.
by superlative steve
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SOS wrote:Have heard North Haven been offering some good $$$$ around the place, good money for Div5

North Haven dont pay players
by superlative steve
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have heard North Haven been offering some good $$$$ around the place, good money for Div5

North Haven dont pay players

Anybody who says their club doesn'y pay any players is either stupid or they don't actually know what goes on at Committee level

hahahahahaha Ca$$$$$$$$$$$h Havens are back baby. Pay them and they will come.
by superlative steve
Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

I blame Aish not going earlier on Toumpas
by Squids
Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

The shark would have been proud of him ...
by dedja
Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Nicole has had too many beers on his boat this morning ;)
by Footy Chick
Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI Series v England

Clint McKay, why is he picked?
Please will someone excuse my ignorance and just tell me why?
Why why why???
by Spargo
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Chronicles of Carey

Robb_Stark wrote:
carey wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:A footy trip with blokes you don't even play footy with. Interesting concept :lol:

Edited for accuracy- Great Concept

id rather go on a footy trip with players i dont know...least they wont ask me why i dont pass :)

I've never passed anything on a footy trip! Lol
by carey
Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He got some good info actually, stop Medhurst and you stop Rosewater.
by Boosh
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Footy Chick wrote:Let the mass debate* begin 8)

aaaaand i'm done.. 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:No. 9 I think. Wasn't a big one, fair, play on and he got straight up.

No.9? Playing A's HH3? Isn't that Daniel Reardon? :lol: :lol:
by Footy Chick
Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Cash 123 wrote:Few to many blokes down at havens drinking their own bath water. Have they supposedly got another flag in the bag after round 2??

Another one? when was the first? I will be furious if I missed it.
by Boosh
Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ahhh yes i see you know your judo well
by youngblood
Sun May 31, 2015 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They're not rumours
by bubba love
Sun May 31, 2015 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

I have it on good authority Dave Bird has been training for 3 weeks already and intends to play the entire season. Along with the acquisition of Knapp this gives havens the two physically largest box heads in Adelaide. Surely they are favourites to go up to Div 1?
by The Big Shrek
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm now on a two week pub and betting ban.

That won’t hurt ya, mate.
I went 16 years without a bet or a beer...

Then I turned 17 :lol:
by Spargo
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Does your missus have any single sisters? (asking for a mate)
by JK
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Brodlach wrote:Watched him play a lot for Brisbane, skills not quite good enough but tries hard

You talking about Rockliff? ;)
by amber_fluid
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Would pay a penny for Sean Jackson's thoughts
by jo172
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Birthday Fist

Happy birthday to the mayor of Portland iron fist. Sorry I didn’t get you a present.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2019

Congratulations to the great man bubba love on the birth of his son. 3 votes to the obstetrician who delivered the child without causing father or son to do an ACL.
by The Big Shrek
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

As an individual, a lot of it depends on your motivation for playing. If I can't sit around in the changerooms with my 20 mates after winning a game in shit weather, having some shower beers and talking shit, before going back into the club and getting on the cans til midnight before singing Horses with 50-60 people at the end of our function, not sure I really want to do it either. If I wanted to just rock up, play, go home, I'd have been a paid mercenary a long time ago (subject to there being a club stupid enough to pay me money).

The two hours on the ground is only a small part of it IMO.
by Pag
Tue May 12, 2020 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs will be given the opportunity to sit out the year if they wish to and I'd say the majority will take up that offer.

If clubs choose to do this they will be signing their own death warrant.
You're a big club with lots of juniors like my club.

Where's everyone going to train?
Something as simple as disinfecting change rooms on game day....5 times two rooms (Assuming you'll be able to use them)
will be pretty onerous. Then again after Sunday games.

Players on contracts will still need paying.
Where's the money coming from with no gate or bar?
by tigerpie
Tue May 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First line of that article states training is set to start from the 18th of may, yet so many clubs have already started. Not really an even playing field.
by Buddys wife
Wed May 13, 2020 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First line of that article states training is set to start from the 18th of may, yet so many clubs have already started. Not really an even playing field.

Are those already training just a group of 10 mates getting together for a run around? Or are they an official club session?
Can't stop the former, the later shouldn't be occurring.
by Trader
Wed May 13, 2020 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lights on is the first step for an organised training
by scottroo
Thu May 14, 2020 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:No rule against having lights left on at an oval

Wouldn't it only be club officials who have the ability to operate lights? Can't imagine Average Joe walking in off the street would have the access and/or the ability to turn the lights on whenever he feels like it.
by Pag
Thu May 14, 2020 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I might be speaking for a minority here but im astounded at the negativity around trying to get football underway.
Whilst I understand people are concerned about loss of income crowds etc I think we all know the SANFL and the government would have plans to support this. I would have thought people would be hanging to get out have a kick and get back into it....what`s the alternative ?? sit home and mow the lawn 4 times a week? Maybe its a sign of the times but football used to be a major part of people lives who would jump any obstacle to get out on the field.

Couldn't agree more, imagine getting to early August and all restrictions are lifted and there is no footy to be played or attend. The impact on the communities cannot be under estimated.

The problem is the SANFL and government dont have plans to support clubs going through current landscape .(just the restrictions from SA HEALTH and SANFL return to play COVID-19 restrictions which MUST be strictly adhered to) We all want football to continue but the landscape is something we all have never seen including scientists , doctors etc . Clubs at grass roots level are run by volunteers who have the whole club from seniors too mini grades to consider .
by shoe boy
Thu May 14, 2020 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

there is a large likely hood clubs will run at a loss this year and for many clubs that inst something they can afford.
If a reduced season is going to cost your club as much money as you insinuate, then I suggest you get a new treasurer and seriously have a look at your operations and budget... because if you're not financially viable in a reduced season then you're walking a stupidly tight line during a regular season.

Bedgey if you can run a season with no clubrooms, no crowds, no bar and no canteen and make a profit maybe you should be the next PM. I realise crowds may be allowed at some point but there is a lot of uncertainty. If you want to disregard the the legitimate views of people who have been running clubs for a long time and think treasurers grow on trees good luck to you.

PS I want to play and think we will, but the problems Piccachu writes about need to be addressed and I'm sure are being worked on at league HQ.
by The Big Shrek
Tue May 19, 2020 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the Cows and Failures can go full on training from next Monday contact and all, seems one rule for the so called high and mighty and another rule for the lesser

what could possibly have changed from Friday when Stephen Marshall said 'no exemption, it's too risky' to today? I can't imagine how much time the AFL and Crows/Power would have wasted over the weekend and last few days organising the Gold Coast hubs. I'll laugh if Gill and the AFL call them out and say 'nup bad luck, have fun on the gold coast'

Stephen Marshall would have to be regarded as one of the best leaders in the world at this point of time, I'm sure while most of us did bugger all over the weekend he would've spent 30+ hours working on strategies to work out what is best for our state, he'd be getting expert opinions instead of the tripe that we'd be going off.

It's a pain in the arse that we can't visit our interstate families or have them come here but I admire him for standing up to his bigger counterparts and making sure we are well in control, he has ticked every box along the way as far as I'm concerned so I'm happy to back his judgement.

The AFL is going to be crap without spectators, it will look like the primary school lightning carnivals, if we can't have unlimited spectators at community football level it will be much the same.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed May 20, 2020 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"South Australia – life is getting back to normal faster than hoped. From next Monday, pubs, clubs and restaurants will be able to have up to 80 customers at a time as the Premier fast-tracks his COVID-19 reopening plan."

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/sas-pubs-to-allow-80-from-june-1-under-stage-two-of-easing-coronavirus-restrictions-c-1057896?fbclid=IwAR045VCvE6sckCIuBNdiWeZl7pISZzVaBxkNE5aEvJddPY-scvrF-bJR1qs

Premier Steven Marshall also announced that those who play contact sport, previously limited to just training, would be allowed to return to games on June 25.

Back to normality for most senior players

High-fives, handshakes and huddles have all been banned - while kids will have to shower and change at home.

The bold bit cracks me up. Literally tackle each other for two hours, but don't ******* dare clean your entire body with soap immediately afterwards.
by Q.
Mon May 25, 2020 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What if you've broken the rules and already paid a huge sign on fee? :P
by The Bedge
Tue May 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2020

piccachu wrote:
So much hostility.. you wanna hug it out? ;) :)

I can show you hostility if you like, and i only hug people i respect.

Geez you talk some shit Bedgey
by The Big Shrek
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |