Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

So read more of the details. Still think the big issue is leaving the catch-up games too long, either make them next day or not at all, as players can't guarantee availability an unknown number of weeks into future, and if this isn't known it's very hard to ensure your middle side has 11 available players. (Ie I'm guessing clubs didn't know when the catch-up games would be)

That being said, freeling selection pretty stupid for the weekend in question selecting better a2 guys for 4s, should have selected kids or bottom end players. I guess they didn't think too hard about the rules at the time.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
by TimmiesChin
Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

yeah i found that. was more commenting on the other site which looks disused (though im not sure its needed now that everything is on mycricket)

Yeah that would probably be the case .... that got put together 4 or 5 years ago realtively quickly, but the improvements to mycricket probably made it redundant to some degree, and probably more importantly, there's probably not a lot it can be used for that the mycricket interface doesn't give you.
by TimmiesChin
Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

This day was always going to happen. Now its here let rip all you knockers, get it off your chest. Your time has come.
bear in mind its the other way with the crowettes

You've changed your tune in a week or so... here's a couple quotes from the Norwood/Port post match:

Norwood dominated all night and the scoreboard flattered Port.
Some real pretenders in that side and they will not be a threat to the better sides this year. I never knew Renouf was such a bad player

Port didn't look like kicking a goal all night.
They wont get much better either.
by TimmiesChin
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Why should the 2 AFL clubs have a say on SMA? I wouldn't appoint a tenant in my rental property as my agent to manage the property.

Because like it or lump it, the two AFL sides are the biggest party involved in Adelaide Oval and should at least have a voice.

Wky was it again that the SANFL originally left Adelaide Oval and set up footy park. Wasn't it because they were the biggest source of revenue of Adelaide Oval but where getting no input ? (or something like that).
They got a seat at the negotiating table for their lease. If they ****** that up, whose fault is it?

Firstly, who said they ****** things up. Situations change over time, which is why they should have a voice.

Surely these organisations are big enough to work cooperatively, in the best interests of all parties rather than treating the two biggest revenue raisers as the enemy with a big stick, because that sort of arrangement only leads to bad times.
by TimmiesChin
Mon May 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Given crowds are up and cash is supposedly down, the only thing I can see is that they didn't do their sums properly. They can't blame AFL, SANFL, SMA or anyone else for that. They should have done those sums for themselves, shouldn't they?

Not everyone has Maths & Computer Science degrees hey smac.

But if the assumptions and parameters they are given to work on are incorrect .... (uplift was based on an expected crowd figure)

Using your argument that if the clubs have agreed to a deal, they should suck it up ... should the same argument be made to the SANFL clubs regarding the Crows/Port reserves ? I mean, we are what - 8 weeks in ?
The SANFL clubs should have done their due diligence. (or does this argument only work one way)

In which case this thread should be closed and everyone should just shut up and deal with it.
by TimmiesChin
Mon May 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smac wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:
smac wrote:For Centrals, I asked.

I'd say Centrals TV ad is a winner all round !!

The one on channel 9, that has nothing to do with Crows or Port?

I perhaps should have added an emoticon to reflect my sarcasm.
by TimmiesChin
Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

beef wrote:Ex-Crow Brad Moran trained with Tanunda on Tues night, hasnt signed to play yet though

Apparently he has signed now, and they had a few more out last night as well.
by TimmiesChin
Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Maybe one might - might - play A grade. The rest are from a league that equates to about C grade in the BLG.
How can a BOG in that grand final be anything to go by.
Read the entries on the Riverland pages, where their own supporters don't see them as A graders in the Barossa.
Being a gun in one league doesn't make you the same at a higher level.

Agree with your last statement.

That being said, I was playing alongside them over the past few years and having previously played in the valley believe all 4 (that I referred to) could realistically play A's based on a look at few players I see running around at the moment. Maybe not big fish, but I believe best 22, injury permitting.
The challenge is obviously adjusting to the training/commitment, but two of three of those listed are gym junkies so probably working harder during the week than many.

Three at least had Riverland clubs chasing them in recent years. Payne would play A's in pretty much any country league.

ultimately no point bitching about it now, time will tell.
by TimmiesChin
Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Wedgie wrote:New AO deal shouldn't reduce the SANFL's income, just empower the AFL clubs to get off their arses and do a bit more to earn money.

Possibly the funniest thing I've read on the interweb this year.
Grow the pie hey.
by TimmiesChin
Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Seems like things are staying exactly as they are and there will be no changes to the A1 setup

Thank god sanity sounds like it will prevail. Perhaps they could vote to lock the setup in for 5 years min and avoid all these stupid motions that pop up at the drop of the hat for no obvious reason.
The 8 team A1 with relegation has been the best step the association has taken in recent years.
by TimmiesChin
Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

I'm guessing Riverton was having their footy trip ?
by TimmiesChin
Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |