Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

As I said.... three reports in a trial game. Id be proud.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

3 high tackles, one with a hip and shoulder, one with a careless clothesline and the other I couldn't give a 100% call on as it was the outer wing which was in darkness, but it looked like just a careless high tackle.
Clinch's is the only won that will probably get games probably.
Careless hip and shoulder in front of the old grandstand.

Definitely nothing to make a scene or special mention at if you saw them.

Port twitter feed definitely has Newtons as occuring in 3/4 time break at 7:59 pm. At 8:01 first goal of quarter mentioned as being 4 mins in. If it wasnt in break its within a minute.
Again though... unless the umpires have gone super soft three reports suggests something.

4 mins in means play resumed at 7:57?
by JK
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

The competition is a farce, as many predicted.

Last week showed that comment is crap.

Why is that? its reality to many people, crowds and interest in the comp is down from last year.

Highest rating sanfl game for 15 years or something in R1

Love how people can simultaneously argue that the comp is a farce both because the reserves sides are too bad AND too good.

Any thought to the notion that glenelg are just rubbish?
by bennymacca
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

I believe he is 38 going on 28....
by Stewie Griffin
Thu May 01, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL in the SANFL discussion/debate

I was just wondering, If the Power or Crows were found guilty of cheating the salary cap at AFL level would that flow down and the clubs be penalized at SANFL level and how could the SANFL punish them?
Take points away- No they wouldnt care
Recruiting bans- no, it wouldnt be a penalty
Or if they were to be found guilty of paying more than $400/game to top up players what would that penalty be?
The way I see it they can pretty much do as they like

fines pretty obviously

but your argument doesnt make sense, because why would they not care about getting points taken away, but then pay their players extra?
by bennymacca
Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

With regards to the afl clubs being tenants only, it's more complicated than a standard tenancy agreement as others might suggest because there are no other tenants you could replace them with.

So of course the afl clubs have more bargaining power in that regard.

And they should too. They are the biggest money spinners for sa footy, like it or not
by bennymacca
Mon May 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Well done boys, 50 up. Take guard again, adjust the box and kick on to the ton.

A couple of times' this thread had floundered but we've gone back to the basics and what we know works and forged on...

:lol:

It's not often I got to 50 and felt as though 100 was not there for the taking.

Should have stopped bowling after 5 overs perhaps mate? ;)
by JK
Tue May 20, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Got no problem with some of you having issues from last year. Some pretty valid points raised.

Just think the assertion that being a crows supporter (or a power supporter for that matter) is somehow not a true football supporter is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard in my life.
by bennymacca
Tue May 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reallocation of boundaries

That's good. AFL clubs should be contributing to community programs such as this. Most AFL clubs do and it's good to see Port adding to the good work it already does within the community.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reallocation of boundaries

Think you'll find Port want to keep some of zone as part of their business model (connection with the community and all that palaver - what they argued successfully for their 2014 model) so these changes are based on one scenario which may not happen.

Not sure it matters, Port will be still involved on the Eyre Peninsula regardless....
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-06-11/port-adelaide-affirms-commitment-to-eyre-peninsula

AT last weekend’s Mortlock Shield carnival, the Port Adelaide Football Club announced two very important long term partnerships highlighting the club’s extended commitment to one of its ‘heartland’ communities, the Eyre Peninsula.

The Port Adelaide Football Club will become a Bronze Sponsor of the Mortlock Shield competition and will be the major sponsor of the Under 15 Port Adelaide Cup. Both sponsorships are long term commitments, with the initial agreement for both 2015 and 2016, providing an important boost to football in the region.

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said the club is delighted to continue its long-standing relationship with the Eyre Peninsula community.

“Port Adelaide has been honoured to have been zoned to the Eyre Peninsula since 1972, and despite the changes to our recruiting zones in 2015 we will not be turning our back on that partnership,” said Mr Thomas.

“Community is at the very core at what drives us and the Eyre Peninsula has been a critical part of the Port Adelaide community for over 40 years and we look forward to continuing our partnership with football on the Eyre Peninsula.”

Mr Thomas said that impending changes to the SANFL recruiting zones would prevent Port Adelaide from being the zoned SANFL club for the Eyre Peninsula. However, he reaffirmed that Port Adelaide, through its sponsorship of the Mortlock Shield and the Port Adelaide Cup, would do everything it could to continue to support the region.

“In 2015 there will be another SANFL League Club zoned to the Eyre Peninsula, and we look forward to working with them to ensure football on the Eyre Peninsula continues to prosper.”

No doubt someone will still see a negative in this though ?

Any chance Norwood will thank us for pumping money into their zone ?

I will! (Thanks Port :D )

Port continue to play to their greatest strength of community ties and further distance themself from their local rival on that front imho.
by JK
Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

The standard is better, particularly in intensity levels. Most APFL teams would struggle to win games in the BLG; fact. How many would be invited if the Plains league folded, Mallala...who else?

The depth is better which equates to an overall standard I'll possibly give you that. But if you want to compare sides from comps from last year both Hamley and Mallala would have pushed in not beat Nuri to fourth spot.

Barossa would have only had HWE behind them in the plains... Kapunda were horrible (their club as a whole would have struggled to compete in the plains last year), freeling improved late but would have struggled early in most comps..

The BLG has more people to choose from which creates a bigger talent pool, which drives improvement and depth in their clubs making it a strong league, but to think it is miles above the standards of other individuals in laughable.

The reality is the top handful of players from most leagues would comfortably hold their own in any other league in the state.
by RooShootOhh
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Perhaps Swamp you need to have seen the players in question play - I have - to make a reasoned appraisal. I find it laughable that someone could say anyone but Payne could make any of the BLG A grade teams. Probably some of the APFL A teams too. Though you'd know more about that than me.
And no, heads not in the clouds but in reality. The standard is better, particularly in intensity levels. Most APFL teams would struggle to win games in the BLG; fact. How many would be invited if the Plains league folded, Mallala...who else? You tell me and why.

Firstly, I guess we'll just have to wait and see on Payne.

Secondly, I think you may have misinterpreted the key point of my post. Not keen on wasting my time discussing rediculous hypotheticals. Interested to hear you think Mallala would make the invite list :?
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |